1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by kayangelus

1. ShaperV
    ShaperV
    It just summons material from somewhere else. That's why the mana cost of a summoning goes up if you want something that isn't common in nature. It's also why it's so cheap for Daniel to summon molten iron under immense pressure for his bombs - because that's what about 20% of the planet is made of, even though most people don't know it.
    Jun 2, 2022
    Ushiva, macdjord, Qwerty1234 and 4 others like this.
  2. Longtimelurker
    Longtimelurker
    Also a big fan. I just have one question about that from Extermination. How does earth's molten core synthesize with earth being hollow? Or is Gaia's realm in a parallel dimension or something?
    Jun 11, 2022
    macdjord and kayangelus like this.
  3. kayangelus
    kayangelus
    I think that it is mentioned, but Gaia's realm is a separate dimension created by the titans (presumably by titans other than Gaia since inventions don't seem to be her thing). Since she is also a goddess of the earth (at least within Europe), she can connect caves in her realm to caves in Europe, but that is pure dimensional travel.
    Jun 11, 2022
  4. ShaperV
    ShaperV
    This is correct. Skogheim is actually a (rather large) pocket dimension. It isn't actually inside the Earth.
    Jun 11, 2022
    macdjord and Longtimelurker like this.
  5. Longtimelurker
    Longtimelurker
    Thank you for weighing in so quickly! As said previously, I am a great fan of your work. I am planning my annual Daniel Black reread at some point this summer, is this a good place to ask questions about metaphysics/geopolitics/etc?
    Jun 11, 2022
    macdjord likes this.
  6. ShaperV
    ShaperV
    Yes, although no promises about answering everything. I may still write another book or three in that setting eventually, so I wouldn't want to give away any spoilers.
    Jun 12, 2022
  7. macdjord
    macdjord
    'May' write? I thought it was still ongoing and the next one would be coming out after Merciful Trouble-shooter?
    Jun 26, 2022
  8. ShaperV
    ShaperV
    Between my health issues and inconsistent inspiration, I don't like to commit too firmly to anything about future releases. Things tend to move around in the queue, especially these last couple of years.
    Jun 27, 2022
    Celer, Ushiva, inverted_helix and 4 others like this.