1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Chibi-Reaper

1. d.fish
    d.fish
    Just buy a new and more expensive one!
    Jun 4, 2022
  2. Chibi-Reaper
    Chibi-Reaper
    But that costs money, though. I think this one was a solid hundred bucks-ish when I picked it up some years back...
    Jun 4, 2022
    Bookreader and Xicree like this.
  3. d.fish
    d.fish
    That's true, money is an issue. Recently, I bought a dozen herman millers for the dining room, when I could have spent it on a new watch... sad...
    Jun 4, 2022
  4. d.fish
    d.fish
    ... but it's felt great for my back!
    Jun 4, 2022
    Xicree likes this.
  5. Chibi-Reaper
    Chibi-Reaper
    Yeah, this temporary substitute I've switched it with is crap. Looks fancy, got to pile pillows and towels up in it to sit semi-comfortably... but it's slightly better than the current alternative of metal folding chairs I guess.
    Jun 4, 2022
  6. d.fish
    d.fish
    I just know that when I didn't spent a lot of money on chairs and mattresses, my back and body suffered greatly! Don't let your body suffer! Love yourself!
    Jun 4, 2022
    Xicree likes this.
  7. Chibi-Reaper
    Chibi-Reaper
    I have picked up a tube of superglue.

Later, I will see if I can disassemble my chair, glue the broken part back together, and reassemble it.

If it works, that is much cheaper than buying a whole new chair.
    Jun 4, 2022
  8. d.fish
    d.fish
    Such pain
    Jun 4, 2022
  9. Chibi-Reaper
    Chibi-Reaper
    update: Disassembled chair. Discovered that there was no way in hell I was going to force the broken part of the broken part to make contact again, with or without glue involved.

Have improvised by packing absorbent filler in the space to saturate with super glue and hopefully bond both sides together well. It's sitting in front of a fan to dry.
    Jun 4, 2022
  10. Chibi-Reaper
    Chibi-Reaper
    Translation: I jammed a lot of tissue paper in the crack and soaked it with glue.

Even if this works, and I'm not holding out much hope that it will, it's got to be a temporary measure at best.
    Jun 4, 2022
  11. Chibi-Reaper
    Chibi-Reaper
    Reassembled chair. Carefully, gingerly, delicately resting my full weight in it and it's holding together.

For now.

Countdown to it breaking again begins now.

Unrelated to how I've disassembled and reassembled the chair: it's leaning very slightly left now. Great. That's going to bother me.
    Jun 4, 2022
  12. d.fish
    d.fish
    So you have a paper mache chair held together by your goo
    Jun 5, 2022
    Xicree and Hypervane like this.
  13. Chibi-Reaper
    Chibi-Reaper
    If you insist on phrasing it that way, yes, goo-drenched tissues are bonding with my chair.
    Jun 5, 2022
    Bookreader, Xicree and Hypervane like this.
  14. d.fish
    d.fish
    Wording is important, it is the foundation of our legal system

of our tabletop rpgs
    Jun 5, 2022
    Xicree likes this.
  15. Chibi-Reaper
    Chibi-Reaper
    Continuing a sudden trend of 'shits busted', desktop fan stopped spinning. So I unplugged it, cleaned it out... nothing. Engine whirs as it tries after I plug it back in, so I take the face off and give the blades a flick.

That starts it going. For... about five minutes, as it changes speeds up and down on its own until giving up and stopping again.

Welp.
    Jun 7, 2022
  16. d.fish
    d.fish
    Maybe you should reroll your character
    Jun 7, 2022
    Xicree likes this.
  17. Chibi-Reaper
    Chibi-Reaper
    Shit, chair just... halfway broke again a moment ago.

I can still sort of sit in it, since the internal washer that the screw goes through to hold the piece in place is still bonded into one side of the snapped point with superglue as far as I can tell, but.. ugh. I don't feel like trying to take the chair apart to try and fix it again right now.
    Jun 8, 2022
  18. Chibi-Reaper
    Chibi-Reaper
    But anyway, that's three days and a few hours in total that that lasted. Swell.
    Jun 8, 2022
  19. Chibi-Reaper
    Chibi-Reaper
    Chair broke the rest of the way. Second repair attempt: Duct tape.

Hammer washer back into place after clearing out superglue cruddle so it'll fit again and multiple layers of duct tape gone around and around and around to hold the piece in place.

Chair is holding together again, so it's time to strt another countdown until it breaks, haah.
    Jun 8, 2022
  20. d.fish
    d.fish
    Why not just salvage a new chair... at this point I'm almost starting to pity you enough to just send you a check for a couple thousand to buy a new one...
    Jun 8, 2022
    Xicree likes this.
  21. Chibi-Reaper
    Chibi-Reaper
    It would honestly cause me physical pain to spend that much on a single object even with someone else's money, I think. That's like four months rent, lol.

I only dropped a hundredish bucks on this one a few years back to begin with as far as I recall... and the quick google shows a chair that looks like this one in about that range.
    Jun 8, 2022
  22. Chibi-Reaper
    Chibi-Reaper
    If/when the duct tape also gives out I've still got the option of folding chairs or that fancier one that's more annoying to sit in long term than I anticipated.

Or like, I can take my laptop to bed instead of the table I have it at, heh.
    Jun 8, 2022
  23. d.fish
    d.fish
    Whatever the case, take care of your back
    Jun 8, 2022
    Xicree and Hypervane like this.
  24. Pinklestia
    Pinklestia
    Eh nope, you need to replace the broken parts, do not use glue or tape. Worse if it is plastic you outright need a new chair.
    Jun 9, 2022
    Xicree likes this.
  25. Chibi-Reaper
    Chibi-Reaper
    Yuh, plastic frame molded around the metal washers that the screws go through.

Welp.

Guess I'll try and save up money for a new one.
    Jun 9, 2022