1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by d.fish

1. Chibi-Reaper
    Chibi-Reaper
    Well, I have been told I have the perfect face for radio! Back in early schooling when a teacher did some compliment-each-other social thing I only vaguely recall.

There's some limitations involved though, such as start up funds, technical aptitude and comprehension, hardware and software, my general ability to keep to a schedule...
    Sep 6, 2022
  2. d.fish
    d.fish
    I'm sad now damn it money problemssd
    Sep 6, 2022
    Xicree likes this.
  3. Chibi-Reaper
    Chibi-Reaper
    Also in the last like six weeks the games I've played are... A couple idle 'check in, push buttons, leave' games and text-based 'trainer' simulation, neither of which seem like they'd be a big draw, lol.
    Sep 6, 2022
    Bookreader, Some_Dick and Xicree like this.
  4. Chibi-Reaper
    Chibi-Reaper
    Thinking about it, brother has a twitch, but I never even really asked how he set that up.

... Thinking about it, I genuinely have no idea how people play video games and keep an eye on the chat at the same time. I guess that's a function of how Twitch works, somehow?
    Sep 7, 2022
    Bookreader and Winged One like this.
  5. tacobowl8
    tacobowl8
    I believe it is more of a learned skill, where you either split your attention between the game and chat, or catch up on chat between concentration bits, such as after you get through a room or similar.
    Sep 8, 2022
    Bookreader and Some_Dick like this.
  6. Chibi-Reaper
    Chibi-Reaper
    On second thought I guess most games do let you play in windowed mode instead of occupying the whole screen, so it....

I'm trying to figure out the layout and method of how Twitch works without going looking or asking someone and chibi.exe keeps crashing.
    Sep 8, 2022
    Bookreader likes this.
  7. Chibi-Reaper
    Chibi-Reaper
    I guess I'm just assuming that it works more or less the same as when you're watching a recorded stream, with the game in one section of the screen, the chat in another, and any faces or avatars stuck around somewhere else.

But for some reason my gut says it's going to end up with a picture in a picture in a picture getting infinitely smaller and I'm not sure why that would be.
    Sep 8, 2022
    Bookreader likes this.
  8. boredbird
    boredbird
    >>picture in a picture in a picture
    This is what happens if you open the stream you're recording as an observer on the same monitor.

Most streamers I know have 2 monitors minimum so they can have chat scrolling away outside of the game interface.
    Sep 8, 2022
  9. Chibi-Reaper
    Chibi-Reaper
    Two monitors, one computer? Sounds like witchcraft to me.

... Wait, I've actually seen that in anime now that I think of it. I guess I figured that they had different computers hooked up to each screen.
    Sep 8, 2022
  10. d.fish
    d.fish
    Dude do you live in the 90's
    Sep 8, 2022
  11. Chibi-Reaper
    Chibi-Reaper
    I guess? I picked up a smart phone because a college class legit required you to have one to download and use an app on or you couldn't pass. I never used it for anything but calling and placing texts, outside of that.

Same for the new one, apparently it can go online but I can't see why I would want it to when I have a laptop? Aside from 'the weather will be this', anyway.
    Sep 8, 2022
  12. Chibi-Reaper
    Chibi-Reaper
    ... Haha, I just recalled but I think someone asked me if I had TikTok on my phone once. I said 'sure' and brought up the clock to give them the time.

We both looked at each other like we were idiots and it was months later that I found out what TikTok was, lol.
    Sep 8, 2022
    Bookreader, Some_Dick and Pun-chline like this.
  13. d.fish
    d.fish
    You can run multiple screens for one computer pretty easily. There's some programs for it, but windows should natively support it. Most streamers use an old monitor flipped vertically to do a chat program, or just to run discord. That's new-not-IRC for you, old timer.
    Sep 8, 2022
  14. d.fish
    d.fish
    Because you can run multiple sound channels, you can have your voice and your in-game sounds be played for your stream, while having other sounds, such as a text-to-speech for your stream's chat, only play for your headphones, so that you can keep up without turning your head.
    Sep 8, 2022
  15. d.fish
    d.fish
    There's a lot of different ways to do vtubering, and for all streamers, usually they associate and look at those within their range of viewers. This means if you're starting out as one, then you should be seeing what other vtubers of the 50-100 viewers are doing, rather than what those 10k+ viewers people are doing.
    Sep 8, 2022
    Bookreader, Some_Dick and Hypervane like this.
  16. d.fish
    d.fish
    ... I just mean, the user experience is pretty streamlined, and always improving. So it's not really stagnant. Even if you're just playing a game and occasionally looking at the chat, or whatever, you could collaborate with other people, or join an organization, or whatever. There's a lot of stuff around this industry, though not all of it good.
    Sep 8, 2022
  17. d.fish
    d.fish
    Oops, I talked too much and showed my hand.
    Sep 8, 2022
  18. Chibi-Reaper
    Chibi-Reaper
    Ah, the text to speech sounds like it would make the most sense. All I've personally done with sound manipulation is turn a volume dial though, lol.

Many are the obstacles in life.
    Sep 8, 2022
  19. Tavarokk
    Tavarokk
    Fishie, you need to change your avatar to Kochiya Sanae asap. This conversation will look all kinds of amazing then.
    Sep 8, 2022
  20. d.fish
    d.fish
    eh
    Sep 8, 2022
    Some_Dick likes this.