1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by ryuan

1. ryuan
    ryuan
    While battles can get bloody, special events and bad luck can whittle down the crew. Imagine watching your colleage dying while shifting junk when you survive a fight with suicide bombers.
    Feb 18, 2023
  2. ryuan
    ryuan
    Not to mention the consistent death of colleagues every other salvage operation even with state of the art (>100% chance) equipment.
    Feb 18, 2023
  3. AnotherLurker1805
    AnotherLurker1805
    This is even bigger when you consider that Salvaging would simply be more common than large scale battles. Even if we accept the absurd turnout of fleets that you see in the game, there are salvagers all over the sector at all times. Being a salvager is hell, a constant risk of death for little reward and none of the glory.
    Feb 18, 2023
  4. magic9mushroom
    magic9mushroom
    There aren't *that* many salvagers, at least by the amounts you see in-game. And one must remember that they have a decent chance of dying in combat too - it's nearly an even chance for the people answering your distress call to be arsehole pirates.
    Feb 18, 2023
    ryuan likes this.
  5. magic9mushroom
    magic9mushroom
    I think most of the deaths that occur in an average game would be from decivilisations and saturation bombardments (rare, but a size 7 colony going down to size 6 is 9+ million dying, which just utterly swamps everything else).
    Feb 18, 2023
    ryuan likes this.
  6. magic9mushroom
    magic9mushroom
    This is also the prime cause of unnatural death in the backstory, since Mairaath was at least size 7 (vast ruins) and Opis was probably size 8 (the refugees were enough to bring Sindria and Volturn to size 7, and that's just the ones who got out before the earth-shattering kaboom; I refuse to believe that any significant chunk of people could have been rescued from that).
    Feb 18, 2023
    ryuan likes this.
  7. magic9mushroom
    magic9mushroom
    Next on the list would be "Shipping Disruption: Crew". When you (or a pirate) blows up a convoy carrying crew, they're not recoverable as slaves; they just die. And the "economic unit" of crew is 500, so a convoy that shows up in intel as carrying "4 crew" is 2,000 people. Marines are only 200/economic unit, but they're shipped around more, and likewise die upon the convoy being defeated.
    Feb 18, 2023
    ryuan likes this.
  8. magic9mushroom
    magic9mushroom
    Oh yeah, also apparently the outskirts of the Sector weren't all lost from the Collapse proper; the First AI War was what knocked the Persean Sector down to just the Core Worlds. One presumes that the Integrated Space Defence System simply slaughtered everyone that fell into its hands.

(The Persean League's worst black mark is that it took Tri-Tach's side.)
    Feb 18, 2023
    ryuan likes this.
  9. magic9mushroom
    magic9mushroom
    Ah, my mistake: the unit of crew is also 200, not 500. I misremembered.
    Mar 6, 2023
    ryuan likes this.