1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

A Dedicated User Art Forum?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bugs' started by WhiteDragon25, Mar 28, 2018.

1. WhiteDragon25

WhiteDragon25 White Lightning FTW!

I'm just going to let this quoted post of mine from the NSFW Favorite Pictures thread speak for itself:

It's just odd that this board doesn't have a dedicated art forum like its SFW counterparts.

2. WhiteDragon25

...Has there been absolutely no interest in my Art Forum suggestion? I would've thought more people would've been in favor of it!:(

3. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Sorry... But there aren't that many artist on the forum I suspect... Or at least enough to push it on...

4. WhiteDragon25

Well, if anything, having one around might attract a few... or at the very least, let existing members try their hand at making some of their own... right?

5. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

You'd wanna tag tehelgee in this...

6. tehelgee

tehelgee The stern gaze of justice. Administrator

There's a curious little effect in forums, I call it the 'empty forum trap'. When a forum doesn't get a lot of traffic, people are loathe to post to it. There's a few possible reasons for it that I can think of: not wanting to stand out, not wanting to commit necromancy, or they're simply insecure in the quality of their content. This effect prevents a low traffic forum from getting posts which would increase its use, keeping it low traffic.

To my knowledge, we don't have enough art creators to keep a forum like that from falling to into the empty sub trap.

7. WhiteDragon25

Huh... if we had SV's rating system, I would give this an Informative rating.

january1may likes this.
  8. january1may

january1may Versed in the lewd.

I'd have probably given it an Insightful instead.