1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

A Faithful One's Journey (Gamer/Multi-Cross)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Giblenator, Apr 23, 2022.

1. Threadmarks: Getting Started (For Real This Time)
    Giblenator

Giblenator Know what you're doing yet?

Welcome to my new story on Questionable Questing: A Faithful One's Journey. This fic is a remake of A Journey of A Lifetime, with some notable changes. The idea for these changes kinda just sprung on me at random. I've always wanted to explore a story about how someone of religious faith would deal with such a situation, mainly because I myself am of religious faith and it can be quite a slippery slope when it comes to stuff like this. Anyway, I'm gonna take my time with this fic so I flesh it out to the best of my ability. Also, this fic is being cross-posted on Spacebattles under an account with the same name as this one.

One more thing, any imagery/art used in this fic does not belong to me and shall be credited to the original artist if I can find them. Be sure to check these artists out cause they're really talented.

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy it. Let me know what you think. Also, apologies if it's a bit wordy for some of you.

Summary: A young man of the Christian faith finds himself being granted extraordinary Gamer powers after dying from the Covid-19 virus. Follow his journey as he makes new friends and enemies, all while staying true to his faith in the face of the craziness of the multiverse. "Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven."

(???)
    When I opened my eyes every morning, I expected nothing truly special to happen. My ringing alarm clock on my phone, my head and my chest pounding in my ears, and my mother waking me up before the sunlight did were things that I'd expect after waking up.

What I didn't expect was to wake up in a white void with a big blue screen right in my face.

{Greetings, Gregory. You have been chosen to go on your very own journey with the ability known as The Gamer. Well, kind of.}
    "..."

{What's the matter, user? Aren't you excited?}

"Sorry, sorry. I'm just taking some time to process," I replied in a mix of shock and awe as I looked around the void. Looking down at my body, I noticed that it physically was not 'there. Like I was some sort of ghost, an apparition even. "...wait. Reincarnation? I...died? How?"

{Covid-19, buddy.}

"What!? B-But I got the vaccine and that bullshit booster shot," I cursed as I felt my anger skyrocket at the unfairness of the situation. "Oh, that's just great! I knew that vaccine was a sham! "Prevents you from dying" my ass!" I growled as I was tempted to start screaming in rage, but I then remembered something more important. "Hey! A-At least tell me if my family back home is okay?"

{No worries, sir. Your mother and sisters managed to stave off the symptoms and recover. They're all perfectly healthy now.}

“Thank God, they're okay,” I praised in relief before clasping my hands in a prayer motion. “Also, Lord forgive me for my language. I let my rage get the better of me and I’m sorry for that. Amen.”

Now, Mr. Mysterious Voice? What am I doing here? Shouldn’t I be sent for judgment now that I've died?

{Really? You’re telling me that you’d want to move on to Heaven or Hell? That the opportunity to live again and to improve who you were beyond what would have been possible back in your old world isn’t tempting?}

I’m not saying that it’s not tempting, it’s just that I was raised on the Christian belief system and we were taught that you go to hell or heaven once you die. So it’s a little confusing for me to understand the concept of the Gamer or other worlds actually existing. Wasn’t all that supposed to be fantasy/science fiction?

{Actually, it isn’t. Heaven and Hell do exist along with the Big Guy, but so do other universes. Some of them are the worlds of manga/books/anime & tv shows you’ve seen in your lifetime. There are universes, like yours, where those forms of media coincidentally match up with events of other dimensions. Ideas or prophetic dreams are transmitted across dimensions and that’s how your world, along with others, has media about them.}

Huh, you learn something new every day. By the way, do you happen to have a name? I feel like calling you “system” or “a mysterious voice” would be rude.

{I thought you’d never ask, sir. You may address me as Riel.}

Well, nice to meet you, Riel. I’m Gregory, but you already know that.

{Indeed, sir. Now, allow me to provide you with your starter skills. I’ll also be integrating any noteworthy skills from your past life.}

Skills Obtained!
    [Songs of David] [Passive]
    The songs of David protect all who listen. The user is shielded from external psychological attacks and unwanted mental intrusions. The songs calm the user in situations that would overly stress them.

[Body of Samson] [Passive]
    You’ve been blessed like Samson, gaining a highly adaptable body and an accelerated growth rate. A full eight hours of sleep will rejuvenate you and heal all injuries except for lost limbs and scarring.

[Heaven’s Eyes] [Active]
    Thou art blessed with the ability to uncover information and hidden truths on your target.

[Christ Who Strengthens Me] [Passive]
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” (Philippians 4:13)
    Your potential is limitless, infinite as one would say. You have no ceiling to the heights you can reach. Your body and power will continue to grow as long as work towards it.

[???] [Passive]
    ???

[???] [Passive]
    ???

[???] [Passive]
    ???

[Omni-Translation] [Passive]
    Anything you read, write or say will be translated to the dominant language of the person/world you're communicating with/inhabiting and vice versa.

Mastery Skill Gained!
    [Miracle Power Control (Novice)] [Active]
    Miracle Power. A mysterious power that allows one to perform miracles, feats that are not humanly possible. This power runs on Miracle Energy and its origins are currently unknown, though it is known that there have been users in the past. This power is limitless in its applications and can be taken in many directions according to the user’s will. ********************
    You've only just gotten the feeling of your miracle energy. It's expected of you to struggle to control the flow within, which in turn will cause you to waste more miracle energy to perform miracles. Also, more advanced and complex miracles are out of your reach for now.

Mastery Skills Integrated From Past Life!
    [Cooking (Master)] [Active]
    Cooking. A skill that is most vital to the survival of any independent human being. Some consider this practice a basic need, while others take pride in their cooking, considering it a form of art that must be honed to perfection. You are an expert at cooking due to the lessons instilled into you by your mother.
    The food you cook is guaranteed to taste amazing and will have people begging for more.

[Cleaning (Master)] [Active]
    Cleaning. An essential skill for any homeowner or resident. It wouldn't do well for you to live in a filthy environment that'll only harm your health. Due to the lesson instilled into you by your mother, you're a natural clean-freak and won't tolerate living in filth.

[Studying (Master)] [Active]
    Studying. The devotion of time and attention to acquiring knowledge on any subject, especially by means of books. Throughout time, mankind has developed various methods of studying, all in the pursuit of amassing more knowledge. Due to the loving aid of your parents, you are a master at studying any topic you put your mind to.

[Hand-to-Hand Combat (Proficient)] [Active]
    Throughout the entirety of the world, the one weapon that is used most often, barring swords, is the human body. Regardless of the availability of weapons such as swords, guns, missiles, etc, sometimes nothing beats the satisfaction of beating the crap out of your opponent with your bare hands and feet.
    Due to those kickboxing classes you took in college, you are proficient in unarmed combat and can defend yourself properly.

Current Style Known
    [Kickboxing] - [Fighting Style]

[Swordsmanship (Proficient)] [Active]
    Throughout the entirety of the world, the one weapon that is used most often, barring the human body itself, is the sword. No matter what kind of sword it is, from Rapiers to Broadswords, from Dao to Katana, the sword has rightly earned its name as the Queen of Weapons throughout humanity's long and bloody history.
    Due to those kendo classes you took during college, you have some decent skills with a blade and can perform some unique maneuvers.

Current Style Known
    [Kendo] - [Sword Style]

Hmm, those skills from my past life make sense. I mean, being able to cook and clean efficiently was a requirement for living in my house once you turned 14, so it's a no-brainer that I master those. As for studying, let’s just say that some of those Asian stereotypes were right on the nail when it comes to education. Also, said stereotypes aren’t exclusive to Asians as well. Moving on, I mostly took that kickboxing class for extra college credits and I didn't even expect to get that good at it, but whatever. And the Kendo classes were for me to satisfy my inner anime sword weeb. I almost got kicked out because I kept performing “illegal” moves while trying to mimic anime characters.

Aside from all that, I didn’t expect the biblical allusions for some of my skills. Though the “Christ Who Strengthens Me” skill seems a bit redundant. Isn't the Gamer ability already "infinite potential" incarnate? Also, what’s up with those mystery skills and that blocked text for Miracle Power?

{There's a reason for that. Just be patient. As for the Biblical allusions, this version of the Gamer synchronizes with the user on a spiritual level. And your belief in the Christian faith is a big factor in how certain skills will manifest like those mystery skills. As for what said mystery skills do, along with that blocked text, you’ll just have to wait and see.}

Okay, that makes some sense, I guess. Next question: this Miracle Power stuff, is it some form of magic? Because I don’t do magic and witchcraft. Deuteronomy 18:10-12*.

{Pfffft, magic!? Who needs magic when you have the power to perform Miracles? Something that far surpasses anything that lame “magic” stuff can do and is limitless in its capabilities, as the description mentioned. I’m telling you, Gregory, once you master this power, you’ll be something great and once.}

Okay then, it’s not magic. I know I’m not the best Christian, but I at least try to follow God’s rules to the best of my ability. And while it was okay to read/watch certain media that included mysticism, there were still limits to what was acceptable. So knowing that I’m not gonna be using magic is a relief.

Moving on, I have one final question: what are the levels of Mastery?

{The levels of mastery are as follows: Novice, Advanced Beginner, Proficient, Expert, and Master. You'll receive upgrade missions to help you hone your skills and ascend to the next level.}

Alright, that's pretty much what I expected. What's next?

{Say "Status" to access your status menu.}

Alright, "Status..."

Status Menu
    Name - Gregory Matthews
    Title: The Gamer
    Age - ???
    Race - Human
    Alignment - Neutral Good
    Tier - E (Human/Athlete Level - Small Building Level)
    ME - E (Low Class)
    Credits - 0
    [Skill/Perks]
    [Gamer's Shop]
    [Missions]
    [Training Dungeon]
    [Inventory]
    [Party]

[World Travel]

Umm, Riel? Where are my stats?

{Well, this is what I meant by "kind of" at the beginning of my introduction. This system was crafted a bit differently than the generic Gamer System. Instead of being able to level up and curb stomp everything, you have to work for your strength. There are no numerical stats whatsoever along with the reputation system being removed and the dungeon system thrown out.}

{You wanna be the strongest so no one will mess with you? Wanna just live a peaceful life and not be messed with? Wanna have a wife and a family of your own? Do you wanna just have the journey of a lifetime without a care in the world?}

{Then I only have one answer for you: Earn it.}

{This Gamer System isn’t like the ones you’ve read about in the manhwa and all those fanfictions. All those other gamers had safety nets in the form of their numerical Stats and that disgusting Reputation/Obedience System, but you don't. This system is only a means to provide you with tools, abilities, and methods to improve yourself. How things play out for you will be based on how hard you're willing to work, sweat, and bleed for the outcome.}

Huh, that “Christ Who Strengthens Me” skill makes more sense now. Though a Gamer System without numerical stats is a bit weird. But, I can see the merit in working for my strength instead of grinding out levels. It'd honestly be a heck of a lot more satisfying this way too.

{I'm glad you agree, sir. Also, here's a display of the Tier List and the measuring system for energy reserves:}
    Tier SystemEnergy Reserves
    [EX: Multi-Galaxy Level - Multiverse Level][EX: Supreme Class]
    [S: Dwarf Star Level - Galaxy Level][S: Ultimate Class]
    [A: Continent/Multi-Continent Level - Planetary Level][A: Super Class]
    [B: Island Level - Large Country Level][B: High Class]
    [C: Town Level - Large Mountain Level][C: Middle Class]
    [D: Large Building Level - Town Level][D: Average Class]
    [E: Human/Athlete Level - Small Building Level][E: Low Class]

{As you can see, the Tier List takes inspiration from the VS Battle Wiki's tiering system, though it's compressed into ranges for each letter. As for the Energy Reserves, it takes a bit of inspiration from HighSchool DxD's ranking system. Note that this measuring system only covers quantifiable forms of supernatural energy such as Mana, Ki, Reiryoku, Chakra, Aura, etc. Finally, if you encounter an individual who surpasses the EX level of either tiering system, a small "+" sign will be added to represent such levels of power.}

Wowzers, that's not overly complicated whatsoever. Creativity must be my Admin's forte to come up with such ingenious power scaling.

{Sarcasm is unbecoming of you, sir. Now take these beginner missions.}

New Missions!
    [To Be The Strongest] [Part 1]
    As a Gamer, it's only natural that you'd want to rise to the top.

Objective: Increase your Tier to D-Tier.
    • Create or learn one attack that's D-Tier in power. (0/1)
    • Defeat 15 E-Tier Enemies. (0/15)
    • Defeat 3 D-Tier Enemies. (0/1)
    Rewards: 10,000 Credits, 1 Gacha Token, 6 Miracle Beans (M)

[Brimming With Miracles] [Part 1]
    Your reserves are pathetic as they are now, but they won't stay that way for long. The more Miracle Energy you expend, the more stretched out your core gets. This in turn increases how much Miracle Energy you can produce and hold within you.

Objective: Increase your Miracle Energy capacity to [Average Class].
    • Expend all your Miracle Energy once a day for 10 days straight. (0/10)
    Rewards: 3,000 Credits, 3 Miracle Beans (S)

[Miracle Master] [Part 1]
    You've gained access to Miracle Power, though your control over your power isn't perfect.

Objective: Reach the Advanced Beginner level in [Miracle Power Control].
    • Create or learn 2 techniques of any nature. (0/2)
    • Defeat 25 enemies with Miracle Power. (0/25)
    Rewards: 2,500 Credits, 2 Miracle Beans (S)

[My Body Is A Weapon] [Part 1]
    You've reached the halfway point towards becoming a master at Hand-to-Hand combat. It's only natural that you strive to hone your craft.

Objective: Reach the Expert Level in [Hand-to-Hand Combat].
    • Defeat 50 Enemies with [Hand-to-Hand Combat]. (0/50)
    Rewards: 12,000 Credits, 2 Gacha Tokens, 4 Miracle Beans (M), 2 Miracle Beans (L)

[While You had Fun, I Studied The Blade] [Part 1]
    You've studied the Art of The Blade, and have considerable skill in it. It's up to you to finish teaching yourself and master this art.

Objective: Reach the Expert level in [Swordsmanship].
    • Defeat 50 Enemies with [Swordsmanship]. (0/50)
    Rewards: 12,000 Credits, 2 Gacha Tokens, 4 Miracle Beans (M), 2 Miracle Beans (L)

Yeesh, talk about an info dump. But those requirements aren't so bad. I could probably knock some of those off the list quickly depending on how hard I grind for it. Also, what are these Miracle Beans?

{They’re essentially like Senzu beans, though they come in different variants: Small (S), Medium (M), Large (L) & Max (Mx). Each variant heals your wounds and restores each of your different energy reserves to a certain degree. I am sure you can make the connection.}

Huh, those are kind of OP as common recovery items, but I’m not complaining. Is there anything else I should know about right now?

{Not really, I can explain the rest later. There is still one more thing you have to do though: the Gacha! To commemorate your new life, the Administrator was kind enough to grant you not one, not two or three, but four Gacha rolls.}

Holy…that's surprisingly generous of him. I'm not complaining, but is there some kind of catch? Usually, it's just three gacha rolls and no guarantees from what I remember.

{There's no catch, sir. You have to remember that this isn’t your usual Gamer System and your admin is quite the unique individual. He's a lot more generous and understanding than tohse Admins you’ve read about in fanfiction.}

Wow…I guess I'll have to thank him if I ever get the chance to meet them. Hey Riel, can you set yourself to immediately send whatever physical items I roll to my inventory as of now and for the future? Also, I'll be rolling for them one by one.

{Of course, User. Settings Adjusted...Rolling Gacha now.}
    {Rolling...Rolling...Rolling…}

Perk Gained!
    [Superior Miracle Core] - Perk
    A Miracle Core is a spiritual 'Organ' that continuously produces Miracle Energy within a being until its reserves are filled. Yours is an unnaturally powerful core since you generate four times more Miracle Energy than usual. This in turn quadruples how fast you regain Miracle Energy.

Notice!
    Miracle Energy (ME) has been upgraded to [C-Rank: Middle Class] due to the acquisition of the perk [Superior Miracle Core].

Mission Completed!
    [Brimming With Miracles] [Part 1] [Complete]
    Rewards Earned: 3,000 Credits, 3 Miracle Beans (S)
    [Brimming With Miracles] [Part 2] [Complete]
    Rewards Earned: 6,500 Credits, 1 Gacha Token, 6 Miracle Beans (S)

Mission Updated!
    [Brimming With Miracles] [Part 3]
    Your ME reserves are starting to become formidable, but there's still room to grow. Continue to expend your miracle energy and stretch out your core.
    Objective: Increase your Miracle Energy reserves to High Class.

• Expend all your Miracle Energy twice a day for 30 days straight. (0/60)
    Rewards: 8,000 Credits, 1 Gacha Token, 3 Miracle Beans (M)

Huh, I didn't know I could roll perks from the Gacha. But I'm not complaining, since it made increasing my reserves a bit easier. Though I'm gonna find a loophole for that last mission now because those requirements are gonna be a waste of time.

Next roll please, Riel.

{Rolling now, sir.}

Item Gained!
    [The Miracle Shroud] [Super Rare]
    A semi-sapient, symbiotic cape of solidified Miracle Energy that acts as an extension of your will. It shifts and transforms at a thought, even unconscious ones. It can shift its form into a wide variety of outfits according to the user's desire. It can also mimic different clothing materials like leathers, latex, or polymer and even integrate external materials like Vibranium or Nth Metal. The Miracle Shroud is extremely durable and resistant along with having self-cleaning and self-repair functions.

Hmm, guess I don't have to worry about clothing anymore. It's not anything extreme, but it's still useful. Could probably use it as a costume if I end up in a superhero universe. Though I’m pretty sure I've read about an item like this before.

{I'm sure you're familiar with CYOAs, sir?}

Oh…ohhhh. So this is a kid-friendly version of The Shroud Of Power?

{Indeed, sir. The Admin couldn't deny the usefulness of such a clothing item, so he made a modified version that lacked the enslavement and combat features the original had. This version is for clothing and armor purposes only.}

Meh, I get it. The whole enslavement/binding schtick really turned me off to the CYOA category. So I'm glad this version of the Shroud doesn't have it.

Next up, gacha roll number three please, Riel.

{Coming right up, sir.}

Perk Gained!
    [The Tanjiro Kamado Package (Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba)] - Perk
    As the name suggests, this is a starter pack containing the Mastery Skills [Total Concentration Breathing: Sun] & [Total Concentration Breathing: Water], knowledge of the basics of the Sun & Water Breathing Styles, and [Tanjiro’s V2 Nichirin Sword].

Mastery Skills Gained!
    [Total Concentration Breathing: Sun (Novice)] [Active]
    An advanced and esoteric breathing technique where a user inhales the maximum amount of oxygen within a specific breath pattern to raise their physical and mental prowess to their utmost limits. The effects include a plethora of enhanced physical and mental abilities, like superhuman physical characteristics, faster thought processes, maximizing concentration, and hyper-information processing. At a more advanced level, Total Concentration is also capable of clotting wounds from severe injuries, slowing down the circulation of poison in the bloodstream, and recovering from fatigue and stiff muscles that prevent the body from moving. This version of TCB is needed to perform the breathing style, Sun Breathing.
    You are a novice at this version of TCB, so you only know the basics of this breathing pattern and will suffer a strain while practicing/utilizing this technique.

[Total Concentration Breathing: Water (Novice)] [Active]
    An advanced and esoteric breathing technique where a user inhales the maximum amount of oxygen within a specific breath pattern to raise their physical and mental prowess to their utmost limits. The effects include a plethora of enhanced physical and mental abilities, like superhuman physical characteristics, faster thought processes, maximizing concentration, and hyper-information processing. At a more advanced level, Total Concentration is also capable of clotting wounds from severe injuries, slowing down the circulation of poison in the bloodstream, and recovering from fatigue and stiff muscles that prevent the body from moving. This version of TCB is needed to perform the breathing style, Water Breathing.
    You are a novice at this version of TCB, so you only know the basics of this breathing pattern and will suffer a strain while practicing/utilizing this technique.

Mastery Skill Updated!
    [Swordsmanship (Proficient)] [Active]
    Throughout the entirety of the world, the one weapon that is used most often, barring the human body itself, is the sword. No matter what kind of sword it is, from Rapiers to Broadswords, from Dao to Katana, the sword has rightly earned its name as the Queen of Weapons throughout humanity's long and bloody history.
    You have decent skills with a blade thanks to your college kendo classes and can perform some unique maneuvers. You’ve decided to branch out and learn different styles.

Current Styles Known
    [Kendo] - [Sword Style]
    [Sun Breathing (Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba)] - [Sword Style]

• [First Form: Dance (円えん舞ぶ Enbu)] - The user delivers a single high-powered vertical slash.
    • [Second Form: Clear Blue Sky (碧へき羅らの天てん Heki-ra no Ten)] - The user spins their body horizontally to deliver a 360° slash.
    [Water Breathing (Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba)] - [Sword Style]
    • [First Form: Water Surface Slash (壱いちノ型かた 水みな面も斬ぎり Ichi no kata: Minamo Giri)] - The user generates enough momentum to create a powerful single concentrated slash.
    • [Second Form: Water Wheel (弐にノ型かた 水みず車ぐるま Ni no kata: Mizu Guruma) - The user leaps and vertically spins forward in the air while releasing a flowing attack in a circular motion.
    New Mission!
    [Take A Deep Breath (Sun)] [Part 1]
    You’ve begun your lessons in the Sun variant of Total Concentration Breathing. It’ll be a hard task and you’ll definitely feel the strain. But don’t worry, just breathe~

Objective: Reach the Advanced Beginner level in [Total Concentration Breathing: Sun].
    • Use [Total Concentration Breathing: Sun] for 3 minutes straight in or out of battle. (0/1)
    Rewards: 4500 Credits, 4 Miracle Beans (S), More Sun Breathing Forms

[Take A Deep Breath (Water)] [Part 1]
    You’ve begun your lessons in the Water variant of Total Concentration Breathing. It’ll be a hard task and you’ll definitely feel the strain. But don’t worry, just breathe~

Objective: Reach the Advanced Beginner level in [Total Concentration Breathing: Water].
    • Use [Total Concentration Breathing: Water] for 3 minutes straight in or out of battle. (0/1)
    Rewards: 4500 Credits, 4 Miracle Beans (S), More Water Breathing Forms

Breathing Styles, nice~

I would have been happy with any of the other breathing styles, especially Thunder Breathing, but Sun & Water are great. Like seriously, who could’ve thought you could become OP by just training and breathing differently? And I’m pretty sure I can figure out how to stack the buffs from both Breathing styles with other forms of reinforcement. I can also learn some of the other breathing styles to variety and make it so I’m not as predictable.
    Moving on, let’s finish these Gacha rolls, Riel.

{Right away, Gregory.}

Item Gained!
    [The Fifty Shades Trilogy] [Ultra Rare]
    Fifty Shades is a series of erotic novels by E. L. James, initially, a trilogy consisting of Fifty Shades of Grey (2011), Fifty Shades Darker (2012), and Fifty Shades Freed (2012). The series traces the deepening relationship between college graduate Anastasia Steele and young businessman Christian Grey. Grey introduces Ana to the world of BDSM.

"…"

“Hurkkk! Urggh! Bleeeggghh!”

{Are you vomiting?}

“Huuurrrkkkk!”

{H-How are you vomiting!? You don’t even have a body!}

“I don’t-hurk-know, and I don’t care-eugh. Riel, please sell this filth before I start vomiting again."

{O-Of course, sir.}

+5000 Credits

Thank you. Moving on, do you know what world I am starting in?

{Your starting world and all other worlds you gain access to are chosen by the Admin, so you'll have to deal with what you get. Now prepare yourself because this is gonna hurt.}

"What's gonna hur-GAH!?" I started before collapsing to the ground with a scream as an intense burning pain began coursing throughout my body, though I try to endure it. "S-Stop! W-W-What are y-you doing!?"

{Why, I'm isekaing you, sir. Now prepare for your new life in 5...}
    {4...}
    {3...}
    {2...}
    {1...}
    And then there was darkness.​

(???, Noon)
    The first thing I noticed before I opened up my eyes was something warm covering me. The second thing I noticed was that my arms along with my legs ache a bit and that I was lying flat on my back. Who knew being Isekai'd would hurt so much?

Slowly but surely, I open my eyes, my sight clearing to reveal a dark ceiling with a standard fan and lights. I begin to sit up, the gray comforter that covered me sliding down to my waist, allowing me a view of my outfit. It was a black short-sleeved shirt with a white undershirt covered by a gray jacket along with light-blue jeans. I take a surveying glance from left to right, taking in my surroundings. I'm in a spacious bedroom with a nice design aesthetic and the essentials like a closet, a desk, a small TV, a mirror, etc.

Hey Riel, where am I?

{Your new home, sir. Since this is your first world, the Admin has created an identity for you along with gifting you this private apartment. You'll find your new documents in the folder located on your desk along with a box containing this world's version of a communication device. Also, here:}

New Mission!
    [Where Am I?]
    You've awakened in your new home, but you have no idea where "home" is.

Objective: Search for clues about your whereabouts.
    Rewards: 3000 Credits, 4 Miracle Beans (S), ???, Realization of How Doomed You Are

Ignoring that mystery part of the mission rewards, I slip out of my bed, putting on the black sandals that were present near the foot of my bed, before moving towards the mirror in the far corner of the room to see what I look like.

Surprisingly, there are only a few differences from my old appearance. I now have healthy dark skin, paired with my black hair and gray eyes from my past life. My physical stature is way different than it was in my old life. It's nothing much, just lost some weight and started developing some muscles. Finally, my face looks a bit more…anime Asian boyish, you could say.

Huh, I even got an ear-piercing. Nice~

All things considered, I look pretty good compared to how I looked before. I'm healthier than before, which is a blessing. My life during the pandemic did not do any favors for my health. Also, I look weird as an animation.

Moving on, I turned my attention towards my desk, spotting a dark blue folder as Riel mentioned along with a black box and a bible. Nice to see that my Admin was kind enough to respect my beliefs. Grabbing the folder, I flip it open to find some documents such as the citizenship certificate and what looks to be a contract for the suite along with other documents. Looks like someone paid the entire mortgage and is paying the utility bills for me.

{That would be the Admin, sir. Money isn't of great importance to him, so he'll willing to cover your living expenses.}

Geez, you weren't kidding about my Admin being generous. Also, I'm in RWBY aren't I? These documents label me as a citizen of Vale and the only Vale I know of is from RWBY.

{Indeed, sir.}

Mission Completed!
    [Where Am I?] [Complete]
    Rewards Earned: 3000 Credits, 4 Miracle Beans (S), Aura Unlocking, Realization of How Doomed You Are

As soon as I finished reading the notification, an ethereal voice filled my ears while a bright silver, invigorating glow shrouded my body:

"For it is through faith that we achieve miracles. Through this, we become an example of strength and guide those who follow. Infinite in potential and unbound by limits, I release your soul, and by my shoulder, unburden thee."

As the chant finished, the glow receded while I was hit with more notifications.

Mastery Skill Gained!
    [Aura Control (Novice)] [Active]
    Aura is the manifestation of one's soul. It is a power accessible to anyone with a soul and a necessity for many who seek to combat the Grimm scourge that plagues Remnant. Many people on Remnant, Huntsman or not, use Aura in many different ways. From defense to offense, healing to fueling their semblances, and even unlocking the aura of others. You are a novice at using your Aura, so you can't control it as well.

Current Aura Abilities Available
    [Enhancement] [Passive]
    Having an awakened aura passively enhances the user's physical attributes such as their strength, speed, and senses to superhuman levels. This effect remains regardless of whether one runs out of Aura or not.

[Healing Factor] [Active]
    Besides enhancing your strength, your Aura can also passively heal your wounds when it's active. You can even focus your Aura on a specific spot to heal more serious wounds. But again, you have to have your Aura active to utilize this feature.

[Reinforcement] [Active]
    Huntsman can further improve their combat performance by channeling their aura throughout their entire body or through certain parts of their body. It can even be channeled through their weapons to make them stronger.

"…"
    {Sir?}

"…"
    {Umm, Gregory?}

Sorry, sorry. I'm just…conflicted, you could say? RWBY got…really bad after the first three seasons. Season 8 was effectively the worst with how badly the writers tried to make Team RWBY look like heroes when their actions caused the fall of two kingdoms, while also dropping a bunch of untrained civilians in the middle of a desert storm. In addition, they became really hypocritical, especially when they bashed Ozpin for keeping secrets and betraying their trust when they did the exact same thing to James.

And depending on which part of the timeline I’ve been placed in, I gotta worry about Ozpin or Salem trying to recruit in their little Illuminati groups. Because I don’t really plan on hiding my abilities for long. I mean I’ll be discreet, but sooner or later people are going to get curious. Besides, I wanna make waves in this world and I can’t do that by cowering.

Riel, what am I supposed to do?

{These missions should give you an idea, sir.}

New Missions!
    [First Impressions]
    You've got a daunting path ahead of you and it's time to take the first step.
    Objective: Aid Ruby Rose and catch the attention of Ozpin.

• Defeat Roman's goons (0/5)
    • Pursue Roman
    Bonus Objective: ???
    Rewards: 7,500 Credits, 2 Miracle Beans (M), An Invitation to Beacon
    Bonus Rewards: 10,000 Credits, 2 Gacha Tokens, 3 Miracle Beans (M)

Deadline Till Mission Starts: 1 Month & 2 Weeks

[Fine, I'll Do It Myself] [0/4]
    You've found yourself in the world of RWBY and you realize how doomed you are if the canon is allowed to run its course. Luckily, you have the potential and resources to avoid it all, but it won't be easy.

Objective: Save Remnant and ensure the future prosperity of its people.*
    • Ensure that Beacon doesn't fall.
    • Defeat Salem's lackeys. (0/7)
    • Defeat Salem.
    • Slay the Brothers. (0/2)
    Rewards (A): 60,000 Credits, 3 Ultra Rare Gacha Tokens, 1 Mastery Skill-Up Tokens, 3 Miracle Beans (L)
    Rewards (B): 75,000 Credits, 6 Ultra Rare Gacha Tokens, 2 Mastery Skill-Up Tokens, 6 Miracle Beans (L), [Henchmen Slayer] Perk
    Rewards (C): 120,000 Credits, 1 Legendary Gacha Token, 4 Mastery Skill-Up Tokens, 10 Miracle Beans (Mx), [Evil's Bane] Perk, [Hero of Remnant] Perk
    Rewards (D): 300,000 Credits, 1 Mythical Item of Your Choice, 2 Legendary Gacha Tokens, 6 Mastery Skill-Up Tokens, 20 Miracle Beans (Mx), [False God Slayer] Perk
    *Rewards will be awarded as you complete each task.

Hmm, those rewards look mighty appealing. And it seems I’ll be attending Beacon which I honestly don’t mind. I could use the lessons and training, plus it lets me interact with the main cast. Anyway, if I'm going to make it in this world and impress Ozpin, I gotta start my training. I'm inexperienced when it comes to fighting Grimm and compared to a lot of the people in this universe, I can get my ass kicked thoroughly or even killed.

Riel, can you explain the Training Dungeon to me?

{Well, it's not what you're expecting. The Training Dungeon is as the name suggests, a dungeon that acts as your training ground. In this dungeon, you can't die, so you're allowed to go wild and practice however many dangerous techniques or training regimens your heart desires and reap the benefits.}

Oh, so there are no combat dungeons?

{Nope. Since you don't level up with this system, combat dungeons or IDs are unnecessary. Besides, you have the Grimm as your grinding material.}

Alright, I get it. Anything else I should know?

{No, sir. Would you like to head into the training dungeon now?}

Hmm, not yet. I'm gonna check out the rest of the apartment, eat something real quick, then I'll start training.

With a plan in mind, I make sure to place all the documents I pulled out back into the folder, resting them on my desk and exiting my room.

(20 Minutes Later)

Okay, so whoever gave me my system was nice enough to give me a nice apartment. It's a two-bedroom with all the needed essentials and good storage space. Plus I got a nice balcony view of the city. I’m gonna have to find a way to put up protections since I kinda wanna keep this place.

Right now though, I'm focused on scarfing down this fifth turkey sandwich that I made from the food in my fully stocked fridge. I then finish drinking the rest of my second cup of orange juice before letting out a content sigh. "Riel, {Training Dungeon} please…"

As soon as I finished my mental command, a tearing sound filled my ears as a purplish-black rift appeared in front of me. Without any hesitation I jump through, letting the portal consume me.

(Training Dungeon)
    As I land on the ground, the rift closes. I observe my surroundings to see…an open, circular field of grass. It's a good few yards wide, being surrounded by a large forest from what I could tell along with a mountain range that I can see in the distance. I also think I can hear flowing water coming from deeper in the forest. It reminds me of those training fields in Naruto, though I'll save exploring this place for later.

First off, "Status…"

Status Menu
    Name - Gregory Matthews
    Title: The Gamer
    Age - 16
    Race - Human
    Alignment - Neutral Good
    Tier - E (Human/Athlete Level - Small Building Level)
    ME - C (Middle Class)
    Aura - B (High Class)
    Credits - 17,500
    [...]

Hmm, Riel, who would you compare me to when it comes to Aura levels? Also, when can I unlock my semblance?

{I'd compare you to Jaune when he first unlocked his Aura. Your soul is particularly strong, mostly due to you being an isekai'd soul. One thing to note is that most fully-fledged huntsmen cap off at Super Class for the Aura reserves, such as Glynda, Qrow, and Raven. There are only a select few whose aura reserves reach Ultimate Class, such as Ozpin (obviously), Cinder, and Hazel.}

{As for your semblance, you just need to reach the proficient level in Aura Control. Also here:}

New Missions!
    [Master of One's Soul] [Part 1]
    You've gained access to your aura, but you haven't reached your full potential with it.

Objective: Reach the Advanced Beginner Level in [Aura Control].
    • Defeat 25 Enemies using Aura Reinforcement. (0/25)
    • Meditate with your Aura active for thirty minutes a day for 15 Days. (0/15)
    Rewards: 3,000 Credits, 3 Miracle Beans (S)

[Vast Soul] [Part 1]
    Your aura reserves are formidable, but you can bring them to even greater heights.

Objective: Increase your Aura reserves to Super Class.
    • Expend all your Aura three times a day for 40 days straight. (0/120)
    Rewards: 10,000 Credits, 1 Gacha Token, 5 Miracle Beans (M)

Again with these requirements for increasing my reserves. I get that I have to stress my reserves for them to grow, but it seems like a big waste of time. Hopefully, I can find a loophole because I want to be more productive with my time.

Anyways, Riel, go ahead and roll that Gacha token I got earlier to start things off.

{Rolling…Rolling…Rolling…}

Item Gained!
    [Senzu Bean (Dragon Ball Series)] [Super Rare]
    A single senzu bean. Heals all injuries when eaten and can even regenerate limbs if the wound is fresh.

Nice.

Moving on, with a mental command, the items I pulled from the Gacha appear on the ground in front of me. I picked up Tanjiro’s, no, my blade first, which I must say is beautifully crafted. From the black ito wrapped around the red samegawa covering the tsuka with a silver design at the end to the flame-shaped crossguard and finally the pure black sheath with a silver design at the rear and the open end of it. And the blade…

“Oh yeah, she’s a beauty,” I muttered as I admired the now unsheath blade, which sported a deep black color and an intricate flame pattern, with the word Slay (滅めつ Metsu) engraved on the side. Taking a mock stance, with the hilt of the blade gripped with both hands, I do a downward swing.

The blade is a bit lightweight, but there’s definitely power behind my swing. I wonder if I can upgrade the blade somehow, maybe infuse it with stronger materials? Also, Riel, can I rename this? Calling it Tanjiro’s katana all the time seems uncreative.

{Why of course, sir. Any ideas for the blade’s name?}

Hmm…how about Moeru Kokoro: Hi no Ishi?

{Blazing Heart: Will of Fire, huh? That’s quite a fitting name considering the symbolism of this blade. I’ll update it now.}

Item Updated!
    [Moeru Kokoro: Hi no Ishi (Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba)] [Super Rare]
    The upgraded Nichirin Katana of Tanjiro Kamado, imbued with Kyojuro Rengoku’s sword hilt, who used it in tandem with his Sun Breathing Style. It is made of Scarlet Crimson Iron Sand and Scarlet Ore, two materials that allow the blade to absorb sunlight, making it highly effective against enemies weak to sunlight. This blade now belongs to the user, Gregory.

Hmm, I have the knowledge of how to perform the basics of Sun and Water Breathing. Maybe I could try one of them out?

{Never hurts to try, sir.}

Not seeing the harm in trying, I begin to empty my lungs following the knowledge I just got. Once fully empty, I took in a sharp breath with the TCB and I immediately felt energized. Strength and heat flooded my body and my senses kicked into overdrive, heightening my awareness as I grip my new blade in a stance.

“Sun Breathing: First For-HahK!” I started before immediately coughing as my control over the breathing style slipped and I fell to my knees. “Damn-cough-it! Water-hahk-please!”

{Right away, sir.}

I quickly grabbed the cup of water that materialized in front of me, downing it in one go.

Haaa~ Hic! That’s better,” I breathed out as the water helped negate my coughs. “Thanks for-hic-the water, Riel. You wouldn’t happen to know why I just flopped on my first try?”

{Well for starters, this is your first time using Sun Breathing, so it’s to be expected that you’d not be used to it. In addition to that, you just awakened your aura, which passively enhances your physical characteristics, including your lung capacity.}

And all that went into Sun Breathing, meaning it’s gonna be a bit tougher for me to master? Also, you knew this was going to happen, didn’t you?

{Correct, Gregory.}

Could’ve used a warning, bro. But damn, I guess I’m gonna have to grind more than I expected. It’s whatever though since this will just make it more satisfying when I’m a master at it.

Filing that thought away for later, I grabbed the Miracle Shroud, which was in the form of a black cape. "Riel, how do I use this thing?"

{Run your Miracle Energy through it and let The Shroud do the rest of the work.}

"Hmm, should be simple enough…" I spoke as I closed my eyes and began to look deep within myself. This is my first time accessing such a power, so I'm not sure how to bring it out properly. That'll probably be one of the focuses of my training.

Back to what I was doing, I'm starting to feel something, a warmth you could say, that was located in the center of my upper half. With the mindset of grasping that warmth, a weak, but noticeable tugging sensation made itself known, and reacting on instincts, I pulled. I then slowly open my eyes and smile as I see a white glow covering my hands, and focusing again, I guide my Miracle Energy into the Shroud.

The reaction is immediate as the Shroud jumps at me, expanding and consuming my entire form like a closing maw.

"Mrggh! Mmph! Mmph! Mmmmrrph!" I grumbled in a mix of shock and frustration as I began to fight against the shroud, believing I had made a mistake. I feel like I'm suffocating, my breath becoming panicked and ragged as I try to rip the magical fabric from my face.

{Please calm down, Gregory. It shall be over momentarily.}

Songs of David Activated!

Immediately my panic subsides as I feel a wave of calmness wash over me, the sound of a melodious tune filling my ears. My shroud begins to calm down, receding from my head and letting me finally breathe properly. The black material soon condensed and took on the form of the same colored clothes I had been wearing before.

"Riel, next time warn me when I'm about to get consumed Majin Buu style," I gasp out with annoyance lacing my tone, my breathing still a bit ragged. Seriously, that was not enjoyable whatsoever.

{Apologies, sir. I should have warned you of the Miracle Shroud's symbiosis process.}

Yeah, ya should have. Lord, I think I just developed a new phobia.

{Again, I apologize, Gregory.}

"It's fine. I'm mostly over it now," I mumbled with a sigh as I opted to focus on my clothes, wondering how to work this. "So this changes into any form I can think of right?" Reacting to my thoughts, my clothes shift and morph into the outfit of my desire: a dark blue sleeveless hoodie shirt, black boxers covered by black gym shorts, and some black & white sneakers. I do a few mock stretches and jump in place a bit, testing out the outfit's comfortability. "Nice~ It seems to be working okay. And it's a comfortable fit for my body as well."

{I'm glad you like it, sir. It'll surely be a useful tool on your journey. Maybe you'd like to try out some other outfit combinations?}

Hmm, I'll do that later. I want to start training already.

{Okay. Do you have a training regimen in mind?}

Well, I was thinking of using the Saitama training method. Y’know, 100 sit-ups, 100 pushups, and 100 squats followed by a 10-km run. Though I’m obviously not gonna be able to do all that in the beginning, I want to build up to it and maybe hopefully surpass it. I’ll have to balance working on my skills and conditioning my body as well. Also, I don’t need to sleep, right? Or has that part been taken out?

{You are correct, you don’t need to sleep. Though it is advised that you at least sleep 3 times a week.}

Nice and noted. Think you can spot me through this, Riel? It’ll be good to have someone to keep track of my progress for me.

{Of course, Gregory. I’m here to help you whenever you need me.}

Good, good. But before I even start that…

Taking a kneeling position, I clasp my hand together in a prayer motion and mutter, “Heavenly Father, I come to you in prayer. I’ve found myself in a peculiar situation and I’m unsure of whether this is your will or the will of some outside force. I pray for guidance and the protection of the blood as I start this new journey of mine in a world that doesn’t know you. I pray that I can live in accordance with your will in this new life and that I can honor you not only with my words but with my actions as well. I pray for protection over my family members that are still alive in my old world and that they will be able to move on from my passing. In the mighty name of Jesus, I pray, amen.”

{That was a nice prayer, sir.}

Thanks, Riel. I try my best to stick to my faith, even though I fall short sometimes. Thankfully, God is a very forgiving Father and loves us all regardless of our sins. Hmm, I should purchase a bible later on. But for now, training time!

I shifted into a push-up position, breathing in and out for a bit before beginning.

“1…2…3…”

(END)

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (NIV): (10) Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, (11) or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. (12) Anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord; because of these same detestable practices, the Lord your God will drive out those nations before you.*
    As I mentioned in the beginning, I'm gonna take my time writing this fic since the system I came up with is kinda complicated, but I prefer it compared to the regular version. I wanted to do one that didn't rely on numerical stats and experience. Anyways, thank you for taking the time to read my story and I hope you can leave some creative reviews for me. Anything to help me improve my writing.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
    Quasar, LKing, ThePillar and 15 others like this.
  2. Venyr4434

Venyr4434 Well worn.

Pretty good start. This just One Pairing or a Harem?

pingmaster35000 and Giblenator like this.
  3. Giblenator

One pairing. I've grown to dislike harems a bit due to all the trashy ones I've been exposed to. Though there are some rare ones that are written well, again, they're very few. The girl I plan to pair with my MC is a comic favorite of mine.

4. RedWard99

RedWard99 Know what you're doing yet?

Yay, another bright spot in this dark ocean of degeneracy.

pingmaster35000 and Giblenator like this.
  5. StoryRighter

StoryRighter Versed in the lewd.

Then again, Christ was technically an isekai protagonist on an uplifting, rescuing, adopting,kingdom building, dragon(draco/ serpent) slaying, ambassador mission. Also if you truly believe... we're actually aliens with citizenship elsewhere.
    Mouthful aside, looking forward to more. Having principles as a gamer goes a long way.
    Now lets see here... yeah, review the New Covenant and the Old if you want suggestuons. If people can gain access to spell casting and abilities via contracts and deals with eldritch beings well... having the Spirit of Lion of Creation counts for something.
    He has quite the kit already.

Giblenator likes this.
  6. Smash4CloudMain

Smash4CloudMain Not too sore, are you?

There are only a select few whose aura reserves reach Ultimate Class, such as Ozpin (obviously), Cinder, and Hazel.} This makes it sound like they are at least dwarf star level maybe do something like how many times they can use their strongest attack or something if you want to separate power levels and reserve levels

Giblenator likes this.
  7. Giblenator

You do know the tiering system and the Energy Reserve Measuring System are completely separate, right? I just put them in the same chart because I didn't want to make two charts. Though maybe I should have done that in the first place.

8. ZeroTheFool

ZeroTheFool *Insert deep and mysterious quote*

What is your posting schedule for this fic? Once a week, month or just when muse strike?

9. Giblenator

Ah, well I’m in the middle of college finals for this semester, so I won’t be posting that frequently. Though once I’m done, I plan to churn out chapters more often.

Leith likes this.
  10. Leith

Leith (Degenerate Co-Author) (WolfSpatial's Co-Author)

think you could dm me who that is since I don't care if I'm spoiled to it and I want to know?

Giblenator likes this.
  11. Threadmarks: Sorry, Guys.
    Giblenator

So I'm writing this to say that I've decided to stop posting/using QQ from here on out. In the next few hours, I'll be deleting my account. It's just been a hassle to post on multiple sites and I don't really read alot of fics on this site either and most of the ones I do I can find on Spacebattles. So, yeah, I'm dropping this account. You'll still be able to read my stories on Spacebattles under my account with the same name.

Zerak and Altrium like this.
  12. Altrium

Altrium Fuck this sites garbage ass favorite system. Gone for Good

well, sucks to lose you mate, wish you luck on other sites. i'm not going to spacebattles cause it's absolute hottest of garbage, closely followed by velocity, but good luck!!