1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

A Mutant in Mundus

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Lethaius, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Extras: Pilot of a mutant in mundus
    Lethaius

Lethaius Bumbling my way to greatness one step at a time.

Earth, XX.XX.2023 China

“All those years wasted fighting each other Charles. To have a precious few of them back.” I reach out to take my first and last friends hand, knowing this is the end, only to have it pulled away as explosions outside can be heard. The last thing I see is a beam of flame rushing towards Charles. ‘I’ll see you on the other side my friend.’ Then there is a prick on my neck and I know no more.

????, ??/??/????

When I open my eyes again all I can see is a blue window about a foot from in front of my face. It takes my eyes a moment to adjust before I am able to read what is written on the window.

Welcome to Mundus, You have perished and I have decided to claim you as my champion to represent my will in the mortal plane. I have gifted you an artefact of my own making called the game, use it to your advantage and bring order to the world while completing the missions I give you. If you do well you will be handsomely rewarded.

As I finish reading the text on the window it disappears and is replaced by another, this one noticeably smaller.

Erik Lehnsherr
    Title: Magneto
    Race: Mutant
    Level: 1
    HP: 100 (1% per second)
    MP: 150 (1% per second)
    SP: 100 (1% per second)
    CON: 10
    STR: 10
    DEX: 10
    INT: 15
    WIS: 15
    CHA: 15
    LUK: 10

‘Well, whatever this game thing is, at least it recognizes my superior intellect.’ I mentally dismiss the little window and sit up to get a better view of my new surroundings. What I see does not inspire me too awfully much. I appear to be in a room of solid stone with what seems to be brass fixtures on the walls and furniture, and I am apparently lying on a stone bed with furs draped over the top in nothing more than a pair of underwear. But what catches my attention the most are not the weird surroundings, but the fact that my skin is smooth.

I stand up to get a better view of my surroundings and thankfully find a shirt and some pants on a nearby bookshelf. I quickly put them on before looking back to the few books on the bookcase, two of them having a purple cover with an odd symbol on the front, and the other being a muted gold that has what looks to be a bird on the cover, then there is what appears to be a scroll on the top shelf as well. I open the cover of the top most book to see what it is about and immediately feel my face pull back into a grimace, who leaves books lying around that teach people how to make zombies?! At Least the other two books are more tame, one about making a ‘lesser ward’ and another about conjuring a ‘familiar’, and the scroll? I do not know what a storm atronach is, but I am not going to try my luck.

I turn around to try and find out what is in the rest of the room and find a skeleton holding a book and riddled with arrows in front of a fireplace. I do not know what kind of place I was sent to, but I can already tell it is going to be as busy as it was back in the seventies. Anyways, i take the book from the skeleton and peel back the cover to learn it belonged to a man named Sindeion, I’ll have to give the man a burial when I get done in here, but i go back to reading and find the first date listed as 4E 58 Second Seed, Midas, and immediately close the book back up and set it down beside the skeleton and pick up one of the arrows. It has a fairly broad tip to it that seems sharp enough as well, I proceed to gather the other two arrows and break the heads off and slide them into a pocket.

I look through the rest of the room and find few things of note, a pair of leather boots, an iron shield, several gold coins, a brass dagger, an orb that feels peculiar when I try to use it with my magnesis, and weirdest of all, a red plant growing in a brass bowl full of dirt, that sings. I should get out of here as soon as possible before I start hallucinating.

*Ding*
    Quest Added
    [Exit Blackreach.]

Objective: Make it to the surface
    Rewards: Survival, Gacha Token x 3, Level up.
    I do not know who put me here, but I will have words with them.

An: this is my first attempt at writing, but its november and i wanted to try and do something for once, I dont expect this story to be good but I will stick with it. That said, if anyone has any constructive criticism, advice, or ideas, i will be happy to hear them.​

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
  2. Aleh

Aleh Destroyer of Faith in Humanity

Maybe you should hold off on starting the thread until you're ready to do that?

3. Lethaius

Forgive me, i was going over the bit i had written after comin up with the name and wanted to make the thread while i was still motivated to do so. but the chapter has been posted now so it is a moot point

4. One-who-reads

One-who-reads Illuminatus

Interesting concept. Given that Magneto is a genius polymath in the same league as Dr. Doom and Reed Richards, even without his mutant abilities or the Gamer abilities this is an extremely overpowered character. Since it looks like he kept his omega level mutant powers, along with gaining access to all the Gamer abilities and TES magic, I hope you keep this story character focused.

5. George Mathew

George Mathew Making the rounds.

Yea, magneto gonna start his own empire. The empire of magnetism.

6. Lethaius

Sooo, i admit i lost track of time on this because of a depressive slump, but with the new year i promised myself im going to put more effort into sticking with things, and this will be one of those things i plan to work on, and having said this, i am sorry to say, but im going to rewrite this story, because frankly? it was a stupid idea, magneto with a gamer power? honestly, he would not want nor need that in this universe.

I am currently rewriting the first chapter and plan to have it out later today if things go to plan.

Anyways, with that said feel free to spitball ideas because active discussion is appreciated and itll help me keep motivated to stick with this story.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    thethomas likes this.
  7. Threadmarks: Rebirth 01
    Lethaius

Earth, XX.XX.2023 China

“All those years wasted fighting each other Charles. To have a precious few of them back.” I reach out to take my first and last friends hand, knowing this is the end, only to have it pulled away as explosions outside can be heard. The last thing I see is a beam of flame rushing towards Charles. ‘I’ll see you on the other side my friend.’ Then there is a prick on my neck and I know no more.
    __________________________________________________________________________________

????, ??/??/????

Slowly everything around me comes back into focus, the blackness receding from my eyes, and when it does I find myself sitting at a table across from a man that is wearing a large suit of grey armour and looks to be larger than even old cain.

“Ah, I see you are awake Eric, I do apologize if being recorperated is unpleasant, But enough with the pleasantries. I just spent a moment reviewing your past and I must say that I admire your spirit, you never gave up your cause. You did have moments where you tried to get away from it all, but you never did let that drive go out, and it may have changed from supremacy to survival, but I think you managed to learn something there at the end.”

I want to say something but I honestly cannot think of how to reply to that, it is not every day that some being decides to bring you back from the dead and…. Compliments? How you lived your life before you died.

“Oh, I should have been more specific, you did not perish, your personal timeline ceased to be. And to preempt you, yes that means your plan worked for the most part. Even if it was Distasteful. But enough about that violation of your universe's cosmic order, you are here for my own universe after all. To put it in terms your admittedly impressive mortal mind can comprehend, I have decided to choose you as one of my ‘Champions’, this usually entails me giving you goals and you doing them for boons, or what have you. But i have decided to do it a bit differently than my…. Siblings would normally do. They often choose mortals from back home in nirn, but that never really changes anything in any meaningful way that was not already going to happen. So I decided to try something new, and this something is you Eric. I will be dropping you off in a province known as skyrim to try and bring some order to the region, and do a few small tasks for me in the mean time. Do make sure to have some fun as well alright? Its not every day somebody gets a second chance after all. Oh also, before you go, do try to avoid Crypts, they tend to be fairly dim.

Before I am able to voice any of my questions, everything starts to turn purple around me and then there is an all encompassing *Pop*.

__________________________________________________________________________________

????, ??/??/????

Everything fades back into existence through the haze of purple and I find myself sitting on a chair, surrounded by snow, looking directly at a mountain from what appears to be a tower. I get up and nearly trip over the bottles at my feet before making my way over to the edge of the battlement in front of me. I do a lap around the top of what appears to be a tower and find a rather large chest with a few coins that appear to be gold of all things, I've made do with less before.

And then my eyes drift over to the hatch door in the roof of the tower, letting out a sigh i make my way over and lift it open and make my way down into the depths.

AN

Well, heres the rewrite of the first chapter, i decided to remove the gamer system because as stated above, i thought it was rather dumb in hindsight. and yes i know that jyggalag is nothing like how ive written him, but im trying to take a diffrent take on him. As always i make no gurentees about writing quality, but if you have any constructive criticisim, advice, or even ideas, feel free to post them and ill try to reply to ya. anyways, ill try to be putting out a chapter a day if i can, but no promises.

8. Valmar

Valmar Not too sore, are you?

If every chapter is that short you wouldn't be able to fill a page. Still the premise is certainly interesting enough. And hey instead of just being a OC/SI with Magneto's abilities its actually Eric himself. So that's pretty new. I'll be watching this to see where it heads. Best of luck author!

Seuss likes this.
  9. Lethaius

thank you for the words of kindness, i do appreciate it. and yes it may be short but i got that out in maybe an hour, that was mostly spent on skyrim trying to find a good starting position. but i do intend to keep chapters fairly short so as to be able to put them out more frequently.

And yes, im not all that fond of OC/SI stuff myself so i decided to go with an already established character. and i thought magneto at the end of days of future past would be an intresting character to drop into the setting. Ive got some small plans, and some big plans for the story, but nothing is set in stone as of yet, so it shall be intresting to see where it goes with imput from the readers.

10. Threadmarks: Rebirth 02
    Lethaius

I do not know what I was expecting, but it surely was not the corpse, or the man roasting the former person's leg over a lit brazier. We can't have that now can we? I would be lying if I said that I felt no pleasure sending the gold coin into the back of the man's skull, it quickly exiting through his forehead and returning back to float at my side.

I take stock of the room I find myself in, it seems to be a rather dank dungeon, the floor covered in what appears to be a pool of oil, but I notice the shelf next to it that has plenty of dining utensils, even a cauldron. I proceed to bring all of the silverware to face level and crush it all down into a sphere before flattening it out into a disc a foot across while marveling at how easy it was to work the metal before me, aside from the poor purity, it shall work as a fine mount.

I drop it to the floor below me and step onto it, fondly remembering the first time I was able to do this, the look on Charles' face when I showed him that I was able to fly…. One of the few times I managed to truly surprise him.

I lift off into the air slowly, getting accustomed to flight in my new environment before moving forward out of the prison, the armor and sword of the deceased man ripping off and the shards flying to merge with my mount, thickening it nicely. Making my way down the staircase I am disgusted to see cords of what look like human bone hanging from the ceiling, I did not think I would find anyone worse than trask, but I have and I will do my best to clean this filth out.

As I reach the bottom of the stair, I see another person in metal armour, and with a flick of my wrist the helmet collapses around their skull, a sickening crunch sounding out before they can call for help. Again I take the remains of their armour, fashioning them into orbs that orbit me at shoulder height.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Nothing truly spectacular happened while I was cleaning out what turned out to be a small fortress, a few dozen more cannibals, even more skeletons, but there was a forge, and I managed to find an iron mine of all things.

I did manage to find a room full of hay, and I brought some of it and a jug of oil into the courtyard of the fort and made a pyre for the bandits.

I called this a fortress earlier, but I think it is a bit too ruined to be considered that now. One of the towers is broken in half, and the perimeter wall is in disrepair, there was an inn off to one side with a wooden palisade and I found out the owner was butchered in their bed by the bandits, that was pleasant. Though I did offer a prairie for him and the other victims when I buried them behind the inn.

It is nearing dusk when I finished collecting all of the non important metal from inside the fort, thankfully there was a fair amount stored around the fort, and I was able to fortify the inn by forming a dome around it. I got a few of the books scattered around the inn before going to rest in the basement, it having the only bed I was able to find, and began to try and figure out any of the local language and history.

11. thethomas

thethomas Everyone's twin!

• Do not necro. This is against Rule 7.
    Nice! Glad I found this. Good character to toss into the setting too. At first he seems OP and given the state of nirn you have plenty of opportunity to show that off while at the same time he's still a little fish. Plus a lot of the stuff that he could do to make that world a better place is along the lines of social reform which will be very different for him this time around.

Revanchist131 and gsteemso like this.