1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Welcome back to QQ. The search function will be unavailable for some hours until the index has been rebuilt.
    Dismiss Notice

A New Player in the Force (SW/Gamer)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by USSExplorer, Apr 24, 2020.

1. BlueAnime88

BlueAnime88 Always Fear! For I am EVERYWHERE!!

What I was thinking, was, make the forward section with all the complicated stuff, then a back section which is not full of important innards, so you can do the whole shifting thing, and even if it does get damaged, you could just jettison it off and still use the saber, or something like that

2. Slider Zero

Slider Zero Making the rounds.

Hmm. What we have here is a distinct beginning of a standard class two category A Clusterfuck, commonly known as "Situation Normal, All Fucked Up". As has been pointed out, our boy Cam has basically been running a planet for a good portion of time, while managing prisoners and dealing with the political issues contingent with the Mandos being not only on planet but training the Locals as if they were Mandos themselves. I suspect that there will be a very sudden shift in policies coming from Mandalore with the existence of an effective cultural colony hanging around in an unknown part of space.

As to what a freaking High council member is doing trekking to this little hashup we have going on, I think this might be the beginnings of that Jedi outpost that will be capable of surviving the transition of the Republic into the Empire, as well as being refuge for the NOT!Stupid Members of the Jedi that survive a still hypothetically less devastating Order 66. All of that is explicitly rated on the Civil war falling out almost to canon levels, which i am unsure of actually happening due to the sheer number of butterflies introduced by Cameron actually having Dooku as a master here, thus denying the CIS an easy figurehead for the war....not to mention the other issues that will come in now that Mandalorians are getting involved. In any case, I await more with eager anticipation.

almostinsane and A quite reader like this.
  3. Jacobs lash

Jacobs lash Getting out there.

Couldn't he just make a bunch and pull them out his inventory?

A quite reader likes this.
  4. Slider Zero

Slider Zero Making the rounds.

I think the main problem with that is getting the Khyber Crystals for the sabers in question. Remember that the crystal setup he's using for his current saber is actually quite unique and is not easily replaceable, let alone replicatable. So unless youre considering him somehow having a way to swap out saber hilts like candy on a whim, he has to adapt his saber to what works best for him as a whole, and not for focusing on specific lightsaber styles like Dooku has.

5. USSExplorer

USSExplorer Getting sticky.

Cam does have a pile of kyber crystals as he found the old cave on Dantooine so making extra lightsabers is more down to finding the parts
    Though as you say, his current blade is unique so if he wanted to keep that colour, it would be a right pain to change the crystals over.

6. Voidlord

Voidlord Making the rounds.

Bleh Mandalorians. Mandalorians have never been honourable warriors. In fact Death Watch is actually a pretty accurate representation of the historical Mandalorians. Mandalorians have always been thugs and cowards.
    The Mandalorian Excison was effectively the Republic saying they were DONE with their shit. You know the regular siding with the Sith, declaring Crusades and Wars.
    So the beat down of Girk Saxon was fun.

7. tamagat

tamagat Datu Puti

when will cameron learn unarmed combat, particularly the matukai?

8. aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh Know what you're doing yet?

HI USS, really enjoying your story. Reading these adventures and watching our protagonist’s growth has been fun. My request, and no pressure btw, would be more POVs from Dooku and Fay. I love those characters and it would be cool to see how they are reacting to Cam’s power growth.

thanks

iLunx, almostinsane and Sirnerdlord like this.
  9. almostinsane

almostinsane Making the rounds.

This is an absolutely amazing story. I love how you have effectively derailed canon just enough to get us guessing.

If we ever get to romance, I hope it's Serra since she seems like the most interesting character he could be with in my honest opinion, but I understand if the story goes in another direction.

10. ChiChi

ChiChi Making the rounds.

stand out?
    missing quote
    WTF! why do people generally start at dislike? shouldn't it start closer to neutral?
    missing quote

Trance or meditation?

11. USSExplorer

And that is proof of why someone should always get a beta. They might not catch everything, but they sure help. ;)
    (I got a beta from near the end of the crystal stars arc)

12. ChiChi

What is with all these skills are locked for years and such penalties? that makes no sense when combined with the 'this is not a game' msg from the PtB ...

Trials?
    body
    got
    something for others?
    misplaced space
    with remarkable
    saw it in

13. HarshAO

HarshAO Getting some practice in, huh?

Just a question that I wanted to ask is that is there actually a difference beyond the extra FP and regen if Cameron takes Heart of the Force (2/2) like will it change his future in the sense that Heart of the Force (1/2) makes Anakin’s and Cameron’s destinies intertwined but the second level focuses the destiny solely on Cameron kinda like a risk-reward situation where he like canon!Anakin has the highest midichlorian count but now when he retrieves Anakin he finds out that due to his taking of said perk At the 2/2 level (if he does that) Anakin is just a strong force-user (or an average force user or not be born at all) and no longer the chosen one. That could be the biggest derail and something the SI couldn’t have foreseen and would strengthen the fact that this isn’t a game since the system gave him no warning that this would happen and the Force chose to heap the duty onto our MC. Or, I could be reading too much into the situation and the perk just does what it says on paper.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    whythis990 likes this.
  14. ChiChi

percent
    what was that?
    What's up with that?

trial
    you might want to just do a general word search for trail and see how many of them should have been trial
    here
    beat
    hanging
    is flawed
    missing quote
    to many
    unacceptable behavior?
    he's clearly asking a question so shouldn't that have a question mark?

being
    about getting him a ...
    about arranging him a
    cracked

far to
    with others strong?
    missing word or two but I'm not sure what exactly
    then his brow rose just?
    is the way
    extra quote?
    worse than
    from sight of the?
    sensing others?
    still in Basic? there's not?
    to become one?
    missing quote
    viable
    at times than living?
    attempted to touch
    two where I was
    It appeared?
    missing quote
    is in one of? without killing them?

15. USSExplorer

Cam has already taken Heart of the Force [2/2]
    Perhaps it wasn't clear in the story, but to gain the FP/regen boost (and midi-chlorian increase) he had to take both the perk and player power versions. Which he did.

The two combined to give Cam a force potential on-apr with Anakin.
    Cam is aware that he is now being seen as part of the prophecy, as the visions from Nilas hint at him and Anakin being linked. Heart of the Force just confirms that the Force sees things this way.

Though the idea the Force would now prefer Cam become the Chosen One and Cam doesn't know that is something to consider.

dogbertcarroll likes this.
  16. USSExplorer

(For some reason when I quote/reply it's not showing things clearly...)

I'm not going back to fix the typos. That's over 190k words and on two sites with different issues.

as for the others;

per cent is UK English. As I'm Scottish, this is what I use, though if it sometimes is percent, then that will be my beta changing it (he's from the US)

The place the Jedi send those with bad visions/ steep out of line is the Citadel prison. It was seen in the CW tv show. (In the arc that also had Tarkin)

Belfarr does not think Cam should be a Jedi. Why? Well, that's his opinion.
    Windu has used Shatterpoint on Cam. That concern Windu as Cam is a walking Shatterpoint. He could (likely will) help bring about the end of the Jedi/Republic and Windu is very much pro-Republic.

The others are allies of Windu's on the council.

17. HarshAO

It was not unclear to me but, I was just saying that even if he didn't take the full perk it would have in universe consequences more akin to what the Cameron is expecting when the people all say he is one of two chosen ones (if he takes 1/2) and Cameron receiving smaller benefits but, after taking the full perk (he takes 2/2) he gets to the Anakin range and it has in universe consequences not mentioned in the perk description i.e. Anakin not being the force juggernaut he is and the chosen one label being locked on Cameron solely and then, Cameron realises he threw canon completely out the window by taking the perk and started playing the game at Nightmare difficulty with him becoming the main focus of the various factions instead of Anakin taking at least some focus away from him. But, that's just a theory, a future story theory.

Also it will alert Cameron that the perks have in universe effects that can't be predicted (unlike actual games where you know the pros and cons of taking a perk upfront) and he needs to be even more careful in choosing perks and accepting quests that give a new perk or title as rewards. Plus it will lead to him being even more leary to accept any future 'Change the Fate' Quests and extremely careful in solving the current ones.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  18. USSExplorer

Ah, ok.
    Yeah, Cam taking the perk has derailed canon massively, though Anakin can still be a Force juggernaut. ITts just that now, Cam will be something for Anakin to aim for in his growth.
    Cam taking the perk should also divert some/most of the attention from Anakin and hopefully help neuter the arrogance that the boy had in canon.

The idea that perks could have consequences unforeseen like certain quests in an interesting idea, and one I had not considered.
    And yeah, it would make Cam even more leary about taking certain quests in the future (he's already realised how stupid it was to take most of the Changing Fate quests) and finishing his current ones.

19. HarshAO

It would be quite funny if he does bring Anakin who is powerful (depending on how the story goes he might be at the same level as OTL or be on Yoda level i.e. a force juggernaut but slightly weaker than in canon) and then people become even more convinced that he is the chosen one with the highest count ever recorded, a padawan he found with possibly yoda-level potential, a time traveler from the Old Republic and one of the best swordsmen and force-users (with rare force powers) and he has a well known Jedi family name. Meanwhile, Cameron is in the corner bashing his head muttering about how Anakin is supposed to be the chosen one and how he was meant to be an ally/rival for him and not the actual chosen one and every Jedi is giving him odd looks while thinking about how humble he is being.

whythis990 likes this.
  20. USSExplorer

Anakin will still have his Force potential/midi-chlorian count from canon.
    When Cam walks into the Temple with him (and he is going to 'discover' him b4 Ep1) and they test him, it's going to be a shitstorm.

Council: "There's TWO of them?"
    Cam (looking far too smug as he speaks directly to Windu): See, I told you I wasn't the Chosen One.

Though given to their background/reps by that point, Cam will have taken most of the Chosen One attention upon himself. And after banging his head on a wall, walk around the Temple for days glaring at everyone he sees while muttering under his breath how they're all idiots.
    And Sidious laughs up a storm at thinking the Council have turned Cam to the dark side for him :)

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh and Miestwin like this.
  21. Zendrelax

Zendrelax "All yours. I think it always was. Welcome home."

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh likes this.