1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

A Ronin's Quest [Love Hina]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Himura, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Himura

Himura IRL Enthusiast

Are the dreams of a child any less real than those of an adult?

Some people are lucky, life just seems to love them, hell life would practically strip naked, lie on their bed, and yell “take me now you stallion!”. Unfortunately most people have to settle with life giving them the cold shoulder and having an affair with their more successful neighbor. But You however, Urashima Keitaro were even less lucky, life decided to simply bash you upside the head with a brick in a sock, loot your body, and dump the cadaver in a shallow grave. Which she then took a shit on. Because she's a bitch.

You are currently not only a student (well college hopeful actually) without a job, a home, or even a penny to your name but your family has pretty much declared you dead to them until you give up on your life long dream and get a job. All you have are the cloths on your back and the stuff in your backpack, the rest left in your room which right now might as well be on Mars. Voices were raised, things were said, and long story short it's probably going to be months before you even think about going back.

You lean back and sigh in frustration. You'd spent the first couple nights sleeping in the playground near your house before the cops chased you off and last night under a bridge freezing and too scared of random hobo stabbings to actually sleep. It had taken that long to scrounge up enough money to buy a train ticket to Hinata to visit your grandmother. Ganny was your only option for help really, you didn't know your mother's side of the family and dad only had Granny and Haruka and your Aunt was most definitely not known for her philanthropy.

The train your on enters Hinata City's first station, it's still a bit off until the next station and even more until the closest stop to Granny's Inn. As you try start to finally relax, visions of a nice comfy room waiting for you, your daydream is broken by a bit of a disturbance further up the car between a rather largish thugish looking man and a woman.

[X] Stand up and be a hero. What kind of person would just stand by and watch?
    [X] It doesn't concern you and it doesn't look violent. Mind your peace and observe some more.
    [X] That guy could snap you like a twig! Ignore it and exit right now!

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  2. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Re: Ronin Quest [Love Hina]

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  3. Himura

Himura IRL Enthusiast

For the record each of the choices is equally valid and none will be any worse than the others. This is the main divergence point that will play a major part in determining your first impression among the Hinata girls. Each will have pros and cons.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  4. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  5. Ardion Prosili

Ardion Prosili Lover of Horned Women

in b4 hero gets your slapsticked, ignore it makes you seem like a bastard and run away makes you seem like a bitch :V

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  6. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  7. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  8. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

[x]Stand up and be a hero. You can take it. Turtle Powah!

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  9. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Just wait and see. It's going to end up being Motoko, and she's going to kick OUR ass, too.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  10. Solaris

Solaris Gone for Good

I wouldn't take that bet. I think it's going to be Motoko too.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  11. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  12. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

[X] It doesn't concern you and it doesn't look violent. Mind your peace and observe some more.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  13. Liam-don

Liam-don Fondly Regard Creation.

[X] Be a hero.

Hoping for Haruka route.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  14. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

(X) Be a hero, but in a weak-willed noodle sort of way.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  15. Scia

Scia Not too sore, are you?

a Mitsune is fine to

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  16. Felius

Felius Experienced.

Watch a bit further. We can interfere if she seems to need it, but let's not but in other people's problem for no reason at all.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  17. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

[jk]Go home and be a family man

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  18. Himura

Himura IRL Enthusiast

[X] Be a Hero.

Your Name is Keitaro Urashima, Age: 20, Blood Type: AB, Sign: Capricorn.
    Your Appearance: Painfully average. Somewhat nerdy.
    Special Skills: You can draw stuff. And make cakes. That's about it.

You are a NEET (Not in Education, Employment, or Training) who has never had a girlfriend nor really any social life. The very picture of a loser.

You also happen to be a very kindhearted individual with an intense distaste for violence. You hate to see others suffer in any form and would sooner take that pain upon your own shoulders than see it burden a stranger.

The man was a drunken vagrant with a bottle of spirits still in hand. Tall, unshaven, fat, with various nauseating smells assaulting everyone nearby. He makes his way down the car shouting nonsense to the air on his way, all of whom trying their best to ignore the man and get out of his way. He occasionally stops for a moment to leer at various women before stumbling on. He made his way past the last woman as the train takes off again, the inertia causing him to drunkenly stagger past her closer to you.

At this point your slightly reluctant to do something since he seems to actually be more annoying than anything else and could probably break you. But as you begin to sit back down, having been halfway towards getting up to stop him, he turns his gaze towards an older women sitting near by you. You hear her mumble something under her breath towards her friend having not realized she gained his attention.

"Oi! You bitch, you gots something to say ta me?" he drunkenly marches over towards her the woman, "Do ya think I'm just some kinda bum? I was a fucking VIP at UmbraCorp! Don't fuck with me ya damn shrews! I swear to god I will smack that fucking smirk off ya faces! You bitchs just need to stay in da kitchen like yer suppose to! Are you fuking listening to me? Ya lookin down on me? Answer me before I fu-"

"S-Stop it!" You didn't bother to wait until the actual signs of violence before standing and making your way towards him. You arived just as he finished his little rant and made to grab for one of the poor women. You give him a shove in the shoulder, though unfortunately it was only strong enough to make him stagger to the side a bit before turning a drunken glare your way, "Just stop it."

The drunks answer was a liquor bottle to the side of you head followed by several kicks while your down. You hear a young woman shouting followed by some commotion. It takes you a moment to get your bearings back, your hair and shirt are soaked in foulsmelling cheap booze and you feel like shit. You chance a glance up to see a new woman grabbing the mans are and trying to pull him away from you only to get a back hand from your assailant. He proceeds to move towards the spot where she falls threateningly.

What? That bastard! You tend to be overly forgiving, easily accepting even just an apology for even massive transgression towards you. You friends thought you were a wuss, your family just thought you were shy. Really though it was a bit of a mix of both. Still, while you were more than willing to ignore even someone hitting you, attacking an innocent girl who only tried to help was beyond forgivable. With a shout you tackle the man before he can continue and latch on to his torso.

"The hell? Gedoff er me ya little punk!" He starts to hit you, thankfully the position robs most of the strength from his blows. You hear some more shouting, someone yelling for anyone to call the local police officer. Then the blows stop and you feel the body your holding go limp.

"Hmph, While your martial skill leave much to be desired I thank you for distracting this vagabond until I could arrive." You look up and see a new girl dressed in a hakama standing there holding a bokken. The first thing you notice is just how absolutely stunning she is, long black hair, a perfect figure, and a face that while fierce was the image of Japanese beauty.The second is that she seems to be mildly annoyed with you, as if something about you seemed to offend her sensibilities. She then kneels by the girl who the drunk had attacked, "Are you alright miss? That detestable male has been dealt with, I apologize for not being able to help sooner."

"I-I'm alright." Says the woman, she's about your age with strawberry blonde hair.

Well, that was an ordeal. Ignoring the two women you make your way back to your seat and flop down. An action you immediate regret as your bruises protest the rough treatment. No good deed goes unpunished it seems. That, that was scary.

"Are you alright?"

Huh? You glace to your side side and see it's the foreignish looking girl from earlier.

"Ah, um yeah." That's a lie, you feel like shit. Still you wouldn't want to upset her.

"Thank you for helping me," She smiles, "That guy was a real jerk."

"Yeah... a jerk." You look away embarrassed. Crap say something! Say something! "Ah! uhm... nevermind." Yeah, real smooth move there.

------------------------------------

It was a while later that the conductor came by. He informed you that the situation would be treated as an assault, so you, the older women, the samurai girl who had notice was watching you, and the young lady sitting next to you would be getting off at the next station and head to the nearby police station. The ordeal was pretty time consuming.

"I'm sorry for involving you all in something so troublesome." You felt a bit guilty. If you hadn't gotten involved that the drunk probably would have just yelled a bit before the samurai girl scared him off. Now though the young woman got hurt and everyone had to deal with this fallout. Now over an hour later your done and ready to head back to the train station.

"Ah no don't worry about it boyo."
    "Yeah, we don't see nice guys like you around anymore, they're a dyin' breed."
    "Today's kids with their cellphones and internet... Wish my son were more like you."
    "Hiro's a good boy, now my daughters boyfriend on the other hand..."

The housewives went on to gossip with each other again, forgetting about you for the moment. You take the opportunity to back away, not wanting to get involved. The other two ladies noticed and slowed to match your pace.

"You shouldn't feel guilty you know," Said the older one, "it was a good thing you did back there."
    But if you hadn't...
    "No. She is right, that was a commendable action to stand up for those women," The kedoka cuts you off. She doesn't bother to face you, keeping her eyes facing forwards, "I must admit I would not have expected such chivalry from... someone like you." She hesitated on the last part, as if she almost said something that might be insulting. Not that you can blame her, you don't look like the brave type, "Though in the future I would advice against doing such again, had I not stopped him that despicable cur would have beaten you before moving on. While such chivalry is an admirable trait it's meaningless if you lack the strength to uphold it." This time she turned slightly to look at you.

Uhg, you felt like an idiot now. Of course the smart thing to do would have been to hopefully go find a cop or someone else to help.

"Oh excuse me young man," It's one of the housewives from before. You standing in front of the train station now, odd you figured it would take longer to get back, "If you wouldn't mind could I get your name and phone number? My little Mizuho could use a nice young man like you as a boyfriend."

You blush and stammer a bit in embarrassment but agree. One other housewife asks, though from her conspiring wink you don't think it was for her daughter.

"Ah, me as well," It's the redheaded woman, you manage to stutter out an agreement and write it down for her as well, "Thank you. Maybe next time I can repay you?"

"N-no! no don't worry about it! It's okay really," Could she be? No, bad Keitaro, there's no way she could be... "Really, don't concern yourself with me. Oh my trains here! I' sorry p-please excuse me!"

You rush off to the doors. Sitting down you sigh and plant your face in your hands. Shit, I screwed that up, you think to yourself. It wasn't until a while after the train took off that you realized something, I shoulda ask for her number too.

With the sigh of the damned you lean back in your seat and close your eyes.

[X] Remember back to your high school days, about your days in the art club and your mischievous fox of a kohai.
    [X] Recall your Aunt Haruka. You weren't really that close to her but whenever she and her friends were off doing something they left that little blonde hellion of theirs with you.
    [X] Ponder on the promise girl for a bit.
    [X] Think about the Samurai-ko that saved you. You... You want to be strong, like her.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  19. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[X] Recall your Aunt Haruka. You weren't really that close to her but whenever she and her friends were off doing something they left that little blonde hellion of theirs with you.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  20. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

Is this Su.

The first one makes me think of Kitsune.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  21. Himura

Himura IRL Enthusiast

This One thinks it should be obvious. It mean what other small blonde foreign children used to hang around with Haruka and Seta? It's not like there's more than one right?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  22. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

Its been a while since i have read or seen love hina. Was just make sure i was remembering right.

Also Kitsune is younger than us. I thought she was older. and that we were around Naru's age.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  23. Himura

Himura IRL Enthusiast

Nope she's more than a year and half younger than you.
    Keitaro 1/15/79
    Mitsune: 8/31/80

And it's not Suu it's Sarah.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  24. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  25. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

Yosh. Nice guys don't finish last. We got dose digits. But we chickened out on the delivery.

[x]Aunt Haru Haru.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  26. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

Su, I would go for. Sarah is as annoying but without the childish enthusiasm.

[X] Recall foxy kohai. She was outgoing and cunning, both things that you are sorely lacking.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  27. minuseven

minuseven low effort life

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  28. Master of Squirrel-fu

Master of Squirrel-fu The Original

No she got out contact info but we got scared off when she hinted at possible datings before getting hers.

So so far we've impressed Motoko I'm guessing, and a red headed girl.

We also are now choosing to remember things that didn't actually happen in the manga since Kei nly met Sarah and Kitsune after coming to Hinata.

Kinda torn between remember the promise girl and recalling hopefully sexy adventures with Kitsune.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  29. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

Eh. we can still get called. And this is even better. Now we don't have to rely on our crappy will save for a date.

But I must say. Fuck the promise girl. Or rather don't. We need a new infusion of will power to look toward the future and grind our way into the Todai and success.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  30. Jugular Signal

Jugular Signal ~

[X] Recall foxy kohai. She was outgoing and cunning, both things that you are sorely lacking.

Ddmkm122 likes this.