1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Daunmi

Daunmi Shun the sun, night so nice

Copies both Amelia and Taylor next time...

Tohu/Tohu?

2. edale

edale Versed in the lewd.

Next episode of Jerry Springer: My multiple personality disorder alternate personas love each other!

3. Twilight666

Twilight666 I trust you know where the happy button is?

There is a book by Brandon Sanderson called legion, with the main protagonist having multiple personalities and he finds out 2 of them making out

4. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

The bond is simply them projecting their feelings through their powers. I don't think it's even possible to do what you're suggesting.

Sheaman3773, Snake/Eater and TanaNari like this.
  5. nebelmann

nebelmann Making the rounds.

Still thinking that they should reuse Hatchet Face shard (with or without) his body. That would give Dinah plan to work with. Shot down Zach power and and have Amelia use her magic. And make Hatched Face loaded missiles to shot in Tohu. He will have three very surprised faces when he realize his chosen powers stop working. They could name him Anubis.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
    Volkogluk, Snake/Eater and Divabot like this.
  6. EragonVsHarry

EragonVsHarry Getting out there.

Wait, isnt this a great idea? The racists and otherwise anti-people people can just be moved to where nobody suffers for them. They wont be bringing any of the people they hate with them, so its not like they'll have anyone to subjugate or oppress as long as you keep them somewhat isolated and law down the law about not invading and tolerating trade with others. Got a hate group? Just move to where none of those people are and stfu! :D

evildice, doomlord9, Diller and 3 others like this.
  7. nebelmann

nebelmann Making the rounds.

Haters will always find something to hate. Even if they will find themselves alone in the whole new world... It will take them 2 days to divide and start hating trees, bees. water. ants, clouds and most importantly - each other

8. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

Lisa: "This is horrible PR."

Crystal: "You remember how I objected to recruiting Nazis? Yeah, this is like that, but worse."

Amelia: "...oh, this isn't a joke. No fucking way am I dealing with these sociopathic bigots on my planet."

Taylor: "Okay, I can theoretically see the practicality of letting them onto Avalon, but...they'll just be a ticking time-bomb constantly trying to overthrow us and take the planet. It won't work, but it'll probably be really annoying."

Vicky: "You know...this does mean I'd get my own private selections of racist fuckers to beat the shit out of whenever I'm feeling stressed."

Sabah: "...I'm not even going to try and explain why I hate this idea."

Theo: "You want me to have a constant reminder of my terrible, terrible familial inheritance practically on our backdoor? I'm sure that'd do wonders for my mental state."

9. Divabot

Divabot KILL ALL THE HUMANS

It's important to remember that, in general, white supremacists hate each other nearly as much as they hate us untermenschen. But it would be technically wrong for the Empresses of Avalon to set up quite such an elegantly self-solving problem.

10. jaelin910

jaelin910 habitual lurker

no, another way of phrasing it would be "Seems the bigwigs in Washington weren't thrilled with the idea that the Empress of spying on everyone with bugs all the time would be hanging out where they do business."
    the first identifies their problem (i.e. her hanging around) the second is for her identity (the spying-on-everyone empress

TanaNari likes this.
  11. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Does anyone know if Rune actually has a name in canon? I might have a opportunity to work her into the story.

Not this chapter. But the next one. Or maybe the next one.

12. cosoco

cosoco Not too sore, are you?

No, but the fanfic Inertia has her name as Kayla

TanaNari likes this.
  13. GladiusLucix

GladiusLucix Versed in the lewd.

IIRC, Taylor's output side was her thing of offloading her emotions onto her bugs, including the relay bugs that are studded through Yggdrasil. Thus, when Taylor was dead and Tohu was the only one on the line, it would either be transmitting Tohu's emotions, or Tohu could be faking emotional reactions in the relay bugs to spoof Amelia.

I thought that Kayla wasn't Rune in Inertia?

Atonement, though, has her name as Cassie. I don't think Rune has a canon civilian name, so feel free to use whatever makes it sound good.

14. dasstan

dasstan :)

Amusingly, that's a name of greek origin. You know, those typically olive skinned, dark haired people.

Snake/Eater likes this.
  15. jcogginsa

jcogginsa Versed in the lewd.

i think Elizabeth is the most common Fanon name

TanaNari likes this.
  16. Divabot

I've never seen consistent naming for Rune in Worm fics when they bother. TanaNari, just make up a name you think suits.

TanaNari likes this.
  17. Hexed999

Hexed999 I trust you know where the happy button is?

1) I did not get this impression 2) I got the impression that Kayla was gay for Taylor, so really, no

18. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

*Rolls dice*

Deborah?

Eeesh... no wonder...

19. dasstan

There's a dearth of fanfics where someone isn't gay for Taylor.

"Quit being such a Debby Downer!"
    [TRIGGERS FROM OVERUSE OF BAD JOKE, fills sky with debris.]

20. pepperjack

pepperjack A Variety of Cheese

A fanfic where ... someone isn't ...?

/brain broken

21. cosoco

cosoco Not too sore, are you?

I don't think they'd really agree to that. Those groups usually want group X to leave, not to find a new place to live without group X. Especially if the new place doesn't give them the legal right to exclude group X.
    Why would white supremacists hate each other? I could see why moving to an isolated place would radicalize them (more moderate members might not be willing to move to their crazy cult town) but why would they hate one another?
    What about Amelia? She's bisexual for Taylor.

22. dasstan

Huh. I was not aware Amelia was a man. Or would it be Taylor being a man? You get the idea.

23. Divabot

I expect because they're shitty people who define their social identity by exclusion. Like, even more than ordinary everyday xenophobia. They aren't great at cohesiveness without that external target. You know Godwin's Law In Reverse, which is that as a Stormfront thread progresses the probability of one poster calling another a Jew approaches one?

Alexandercctv likes this.
  24. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Amelia's not gay "for" anyone. She's just gay. Full stop.

25. EragonVsHarry

EragonVsHarry Getting out there.

Hey, if they applied for a colony, they obviously were willing to at least contemplate the idea.

26. Threadmarks: Amelia, Ch 256- Emma
    TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Amelia, Ch 256- Emma

"Sorry, Mom, going to be another day spent at the office," I replied. "Give Dad my love."

"Are you sure?" she asked. "It's been nearly three weeks since you've had a day off. That can't possibly be healthy."

"Mom, don't worry about it," I sighed. "With my powers, I don't get tired anymore. I can't get tired. There are a lot of people are depending on me. Dragon, the Protectorate, the work I'm doing is changing the world. And with the new Endbringers and all of them coming this rapidly, I can't justify anything less than my best. The others go out there and fight those monsters face to face, the least I can do is work a little harder to make their jobs a little easier."

I glanced over at where Zach was contained in stasis. Over a week and he's still in there. The intervals had reduced to once every 1.7 seconds, instead of every .8 second like it had been at the beginning. It was the only sign of improvement. And there's still nothing I can do to help him.

"We're just worried about you, that's all sweetheart," she sighed.

"I know," the sadness in my voice wasn't from my not so slow drift away from my family, but there was no reason to let her know that. "Love you. But I have to go. There's a series of samples we got from a particularly interesting Case 53 that needs further checking. If it works, we might have a reproducible drug that can heal almost any infection or injury imaginable. This could be the cure to AIDS and cancer and pretty much everything else. And every second it's not being worked out, it costs lives."

"Okay," she agreed reluctantly. "Love you. Take care."

I snapped my phone closed and tried to feel worse for lying to her. The samples were real, but they were mostly Rey's job to work with, with Riley checking up on his work and adding her help where she could. Amelia or I would occasionally get involved, too, but not that often. We knew the important details, and that the stuff worked. If in the profoundly gross manner of having the parahuman in question lick the wounds. Or, really, just to have him drool into a cup and then dump it on them. The hope was to find a way to mass produce the substance. To everyone else in the world, it would be a miracle. To me, it was just one of the many dead ends to finding a way to heal Zach.

I sighed and went back to my latest project. Altering time for Zach wasn't an option, but the designs we had on Capacitor had proven temporal acceleration was an option in its own right. A device that could emulate Battery's power and dilate time to give me a few minutes of work within the second and a half between restorations. Or allowing Riley to do it, she was the better biotinker without possible question. If either of us could surgically repair the damage, that might speed the healing process up, at least. It wasn't much of a hope, but we were grasping at straws here.

"That bad, huh?" a voice asked. I turned to see Vicky standing there.

"Yeah," I sighed. "Still no real progress. I'm back to finding a workaround to extend Battery's power to others."

"Ah," she nodded. We just stood there for a minute or so.

Eventually I spoke up. "If Zach were here right now, he'd probably tell us we have pent up sexual tension and should fuck like rabbits. Shapeshifting lesbian rabbits. There might be a diagram involved."

"If they're lesbian rabbits, would they really fuck?" she laughed a little. "Yeah, that kid always knew exactly the right thing to say. You could tell because he would go with the exact opposite. Except for every once in a while when it really mattered."

I sighed and glanced over at his pod. "Yeah," I agreed. "Good to know you miss him, too."

"We all do," she insisted. "He saved more than one life on this team, you know."

"I know," I sighed.

"I just wanted to come to say I'd be going back to L.A. soon," Victoria informed. "With the placement of another portal to the U.S. world there, things are getting a little more contentious with the Elite. Seems they picked up a new parahuman whose power is that he can't be moved or harmed or held by any power. Like a weak version of the Siberian. He robbed a bank in mid daylight and actually walked away while Alexandria tried to stop him. She's understandably pissed. They're hoping I can take him out, and if I can't then maybe we'll have Lily take a stab at him."

I flinched. Zach was unstoppable, too, in his own way. And it was Lily's power that brought him down. Vicky froze for a second. "Oh, I'm so sorry. That was such a bitch thing to say."

"Have you told Riley, yet?" I asked, ignoring the apology, pretending I didn't notice the implications. "What about the others?"

"Now that I'm here, I've told everyone else that matters, but Riley's going out on a date with Theo and Missy, and I don't want to upset her," Victoria informed me, thankfully accepting my invite to talk about something else. "Still don't know how I feel about that whole thing between those three."

"Yeah, they're way too young to be worried about serious relationships to begin with, let alone something like that," I agreed. "But it makes Riley happier than I've seen her in a long time, so that's good. Zach would say something like 'lucky Theo' and then complain that nothing like that ever happens to him."

"Heh, probably," she agreed. "But he was totally barking up the wrong trees for that one. I'm sticking to monogamy, because I'm the jealous type. My man needs to worship me exclusively. Or I will break his face."

I frowned. "I know I've thanked you before," I spoke. "For helping me get back together with Zach. But thank you again. I know you had a bit of a crush on him. You wouldn't have had any problems stealing him away. Wouldn't even have been stealing, he wasn't the least bit interested in me at the time. Instead, you went out of your way to pretty much throw him at me. If our positions were reversed, I don't think I could have done the same."

She shrugged. "Wouldn't have been fair to any of us. I'm not ready for a relationship right now. What would you have me do? String him along? That's not the sorta thing I do. Besides, we both know I have the pick of the litter. I might even go after Chevalier, just to prove I can."

I might have blushed, if that was still an option for my body. "You know about that, huh?" I asked.

"Hey, don't worry about it, I've been there," Victoria responded with her unfairly perfect smile. "Half my adolescent fantasies had to do with showing Legend all the joys that women have to offer."

I smiled back. "Okay, you caught me."

"I promise not to tell him," she added. "Or Zach, for that matter. It's one of those things that guys just wouldn't understand."

"I'm going to miss you, too," I admitted, walking over to her. "I don't have a lot of friends around here, and you're one of my best."

"Dammit," she muttered. "Now you're going to make things all mushy? Fiiine." She wrapped her arms around me and gave me a hug. I couldn't help but notice her chin was about eye level to me.

"Yup, afraid so," I replied, then I raised my voice a little. "Hey, Zach, we're having a moment here. There will never be a more perfect possible time for you to miraculously recover."

"It's true," Vicky agreed. "Play your cards right, you might even beat Theo to that threesome Dinah predicted."

Sadly, this wasn't the movies. Zach continued his flicker of dust and reformation, and after a few seconds Vicky and I broke our hug. "Well, it was worth a shot," I shrugged. "Good luck in L.A., don't be afraid to stop by whenever you want."

"Don't worry," she replied. "Next Endbringer's scheduled for a week or two, you know I'll be there for that."

"Yeah," I agreed, and glanced back toward Zach. "See you there." They're the ones doing the fighting, I'll make sure they have the tools to do the damage to make sure the fuckers die for good.

=================

A/N- Trying to smooth the time jump transitions. But at this point, there's not a lot of plot left here and everyone's in a relatively stable place.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  27. dasstan

Interesting tense usage. I wonder if Vicky knows something unfortunate.

On a mildly related note, I worry that Zach's constant reforming is going to drain the well of his power faster than it can replenish.

28. Sheaman3773

Sheaman3773 (Unverified Writer)

I'm curious to see if you do anything with this bit. How you explain just how that kind of nullifier works. Because if it thwarted Alexandria, then it can't be one of those immunities with an easily exploitable hole.

And how he got away, actually, since I doubt he could move faster than she could.

Or maybe you just made up someone you'll never mention again just to so the characters would naturally say what you wanted them to.

Though, why couldn't a mundane do someth--naw, I'll let you tell your story.

TanaNari likes this.
  29. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

He probably still needs to breathe.

Prince Charon and TanaNari like this.
  30. dasstan

Alexandria: Let me introduce you to something I borrowed from a good friend...
    [​IMG]