1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

i wonder in whatever 9th dimensional hell the Endbringers hide if Tohu is now Yandere for Zach like a Bella-expy with rabies from Twilight....:Dhere is a song that we all know
    the worst part is Tohu could love Zach for a thousand years.:D
    lets hope Pantheon kills all of the endbringers or else we have to suffer to a How i met your mother omake:oops:....it was a love never meant to be.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  2. Threadmarks: Amelia, Ch 265- Trevor
    TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Amelia, Ch 265- Trevor

These readings are fucking insane. I went over the data from Chevalier's power, and from that unknown 'Doormaker' as well. Idly, I wondered if Cauldron had any idea how much value I was getting out of that data. Foldspace drives, maybe even a way to access new worlds without Labyrinth's help. Of course, the biggest flaw in any plan to replace her wasn't a matter of creating the gateway. That was easy, we did it every time we shunted. The problem was trying to control what world we accessed. Or, for that matter, getting a world at all.

Near as I could tell, actual reality was an extremely small percentage of the interdimensional void. There may be nigh-infinite numbers of dimensions, but that was in the same way there were a nigh-infinite number of stars. A random portal was pretty much infinitely more likely to hit nowhere than it was to find somewhere that actually existed. It helped to not to think about that too hard. It would probably help more to be of legal drinking age.

So unless we had 'coordinates' from Labyrinth, by means of crossing the dimensional divide with scanners active, we would have no idea how to locate worlds. And thus far the pattern wasn't showing itself. But, with a sample size of only a hundred, that wasn't a surprise.

At least Mom won't be too upset about my staying at the lab. All objections went out the window when she found out I made enough in a month, just selling designs to Dragon, that I could retire to a life of luxury in a year.

I glanced at Riley, fresh out of what passed for her shower, with a new set of spray-on clothing. She was practically glowing with happiness, and not the bubbly exuberance she normally expressed, but a calm, confident sort of bliss. "Enjoy your bath, I take it?"

"Yep," she smiled dreamily. Okay, of all the things I've seen her do, why is this the one that's weirding me out the most?

"So I have the new readings on Chevalier's power," I told her. "You were right, it does impact all dimensions at once. More than that, it transposes one reality over another. Functionally identical to Labyrinth in its nature. It's very likely they have cousin Passengers."

"Will we be able to use him in conjunction with Lily?" she asked.

"Unfortunately, no," I answered. "Maybe to create new stable portals, but not to access new dimensions." Of everyone we've found with cousin powers to Labyrinth, she's still the only one whose can handle the process of actually finding usable realities.

"Well, drat," she complained.

"How's your work with Cão's samples, anyway?" I asked. My specialty didn't let me work with those experiments, but of course I'd be interested in a drug that cured all disease ever. Who wouldn't?

"Poorly," she admitted. "We've confirmed there's nothing special in the saliva, itself. It works the same way as Newter's venom, because the Passenger makes it happen that way, not through any natural process. Not much different than Othala's power. We're still trying to find a way to trick it into believing the artificial samples are sourced from the host."

"So, you and Theo and Missy, huh?" I asked. It was both a change of subject and something I was curious about. She hadn't told me anything. No one had, really, and apparently I was one of the last to know.

"Yep," she said happily. "Isn't it wonderful?"

Well, I am doing a lot of wondering lately. "Sure it is," I agreed. "You're not... bothered by it?"

"Bothered by what?" she asked. "What's wrong?

She doesn't know what jealousy is, does she? I guess it makes sense that she wouldn't see relationships the same way as normal people, considering she spent half of her life under the thumb of the Slaughterhouse Nine. "No, I guess nothing's wrong. Why'd you keep it a secret, anyway?"

"Missy asked me to," she answered. "Sorry, she said we should give it a little time to see how it fit first. After all, if the experiment didn't work there was no point in explaining it to everyone."

"Can't argue with that logic," I agreed. Step one to talking a Tinker into anything: use the word 'experiment'. "So, I assume Amelia already knew, at least? As young as you are, I think you should probably get parental permission before you can start dating. I know I'd need to ask my mom first. And she'd tell me no, that I needed to finish school and get into a good college before I even thought about getting a girlfriend." Having me when she was sixteen had something to do with that.

"Huh," she paused. "I didn't know I was supposed to get permission, do you think she'll be mad at me?"

"Well, she didn't tell you to stop, so she can't have that much problem with it," I pointed out. "I bet it's because she trusts your boyfriend and girlfriend."

"They are pretty awesome, aren't they," she agreed.

Missy was one of the Wards that extended some trust to me, something that Clock and Kid Win never could. In a way, I was glad those two didn't. I couldn't imagine they'd have accepted Riley, which Missy and Lily had managed to do, eventually. Theo was one of the few other friends I had, alongside Emma and Zach. I didn't feel ostracized or anything by others, I trusted the whole group, but they're the ones who I enjoyed just hanging out with. "Can't disagree with you there. C'mon, they should be done getting clean now."

I caught the rest of the group near the shower rooms. This was a lab building, after all. It had beds, sure, but it really wasn't meant to be a permanent place to sleep. We had actual homes for that, now. Our own headquarters that could support all of us, in addition to some of us having actual places to live. No one was supposed to stay the night in the labs often, if at all. On the other hand, we were literally right next door to the HQ. This being, without question, the most important of the lab buildings.

The boys still had damp hair, and normal clothes that I had to assume were brought to them. Emma was almost surgically attached to Zach, giving him the occasional kiss. I couldn't really blame her, she'd spent the whole time he was disabled absolutely miserable. Missy was a little more shy about the PDA, but was still wrapped around Theo's arm.

I smiled, noting that Zach was about to take a drink of soda. "So, how is it that I'm gay and it's the two of you that get inside another man first?"

Zach sprayed pop out his nose, and started coughing, as everyone else jumped back from the spray. He managed to look at me before dusting. He restored to his 'new' normal, which looked a lot healthier, at least. "Dude! Not cool!"

"Sorry, I should known better than to say that in front of the girls," I apologized, still smiling. "I could see how they might be upset that their boyfriends were so close that for a while there they were actually one person." Theo's blush was so satisfying, as was Missy's attempt at suppressing her giggles.

Riley gave me a smack on the arm, and a disapproving glare. "Stop being mean."

"Now Riley," Emma smiled saccharine sweet. "I think Trevor brings up a very good point. Zach and Theo literally gave their hearts to each other. We girls need to accept that we just can't compete with that kind of intimacy."

I did my best to keep a straight face, and failed miserably.

"Oh god," Missy hammed up her fake shock and concern, complete with wide eyes and hands over her mouth. "We've been so selfish, keeping them from each other! We really should apologize. And I know exactly how!"

"Really, because I can't think of anything!" Emma joined her. This is easily the worst acting not in an Aleph movie.

Zach buried his hands in his face. "Dear diary, today I learned that I'm a terrible, terrible influence on everyone around me."

"Well, they've had to watch us this whole time, hogging their true loves," Missy continued, ignoring Zach's comment. "So it's only fair that we're punished the same way. By watching them have a wild makeout session in front of us."

"That is a brilliant idea," Emma agreed.

"I've got a camera," I volunteered. "So... ummm... you'll have a constant reminder of your misdeeds in the future."

"You're all horrible people," Theo managed to mutter. "Zach, I want you to know I blame you for this."

"Is it too late to get Lily in here to shoot me again?" Zach asked.

Riley spoke up next. The girl was distinctly more pink than normal. "Umm, do I get, I mean have to watch, too?"

===========

[​IMG]

A/N- But in all seriousness, this was a great chapter to write. Expect to see a bit more of Trevor now that I've managed to clear out a lot of the more attention hogging characters.

3. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

That was glorious. And just like that, the drama of Zach being dead/notdead for a month is completely nullified.

4. Daunmi

Daunmi Shun the sun, night so nice

Is this a shout out to Discworld, and that mirror the Wizards have, or just common sense?

Why hello there Yelling Bird.

5. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

...really Zach, it took you this long to learn that lesson?

...and Riley, that's both adorable and further proof that Zach is a terrible, terrible influence on everyone around him.

6. dasstan

dasstan :)

Really happy that he got a chapter. He's a criminally underused character in most fanfics.
    Broadcast shard just won't quit.
    Which is kind of funny, when you realize that Riley never really managed to get away from it.

7. Pwnbot

Pwnbot Know what you're doing yet?

Index
    Chapter

TanaNari likes this.
  8. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

It really did.

Thanks.

Me, too.

Maybe.

There's a difference?

He's not the most self aware character in the story. Wait... no... he might actually be the most self aware character in the story...

I actually stole the "terrible, terrible" part and edited it in. Thanks.

Wait. What? Are you sure you're not confusing this story with Silencio?

I've given him a few. Not as many as I'd like, really, but a few.

9. Rolo

Rolo Tasty Good

Naughty Riley is best Riley.

10. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

She loves her kitty shower.

11. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

Kitten Tongue shower, what you described was her rejected plans for a shower that drops a stream of clawless soapy kittens who are then taken into the 'drain' and resoaped and sent back up in a perpetual loop.

...As disturbing as that was to have unfold in my mind when I read 'kitten shower' I still feel it doesn't quite capture the true depths of creepy a rejected Riley plan should achieve.

12. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

You mean like cloning the Simurgh?

13. Rolo

Rolo Tasty Good

Speaking of, would a cloned Simurgh be hooked up to Eidolon's 'control network' as it were? Methinks not.

Divabot and TanaNari like this.
  14. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

Well they had to get the feathers for Lisa's feather down mattress from somewhere and Alexandria doesn't feel the normal type so they have to get creative.

15. Leonidas333

Leonidas333 Well-Known Murderhobo

Por que no los dos?

16. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

A "cloned" Simurgh would lack a core, and thus be nothing more than a lifeless doll. And not even one you could puppet around.

17. Snake/Eater

How come your characters never decided or came up with the idea to create human hybrid endbringers...they would be a military asset equal to metal gear.the mind of a human being born with the technology of a higher dimensional bio-android.....

Divabot likes this.
  18. Zooboss

Zooboss Getting sticky.

So sort of like the remote suits with Endbringer modifications?

19. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

Because it would still be endbringer-ish and they are currently working on the assumption that the EB's are being intentionally designed and created. Giving an unknown group an asset when they obviously know more than you do about the topic is a Bad Idea™.

20. Snake/Eater

but in human form and with a human will and identity.

21. dasstan

Nah. I'm a firm believer that Zach's shard is either a bud of Oni Lee's that pinged off Jack Slash's, or a bud of Jack's that pinged off Oni Lee.

22. Adrian Nightshade

Adrian Nightshade Making the rounds.

Unless it had a bug brain, in which case, Taylor would get a lot more dangerous.:D

Divabot likes this.
  23. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Because there's nothing at all completely horrifically immoral about creating sapient beings for the sole purpose of using them as weapons of war.

Plus it still wouldn't work. No connection to the core, none of the Endbringer powers. They wouldn't even have functional brains.

So it's completely impossible. Virtually useless even if it were possible. And evil beyond all possible comprehension.

And you have to ask why they wouldn't do it?

24. dasstan

Don't let that crush your dreams, though. Shine on, you crazy diamond.

Snake/Eater likes this.
  25. Snake/Eater

[​IMG]
    because a army of human endbringers vs a real 1....pass the popcorn:D and in all seriousness they need a new game plan after they got curb stomp after the last fight.

GiftofLove likes this.
  26. cosoco

cosoco Not too sore, are you?

supposed
    Zach looked into Theo's eyes. "I don't know what this is, but do I know that when you were inside me, something in here healed." Zach touched his chest.

Theo looked away, uncomfortable. "I know that you'd have done the same, if we were in different positions."

"I know." Zach guided Theo's chin upward, and kissed him. Theo began to let his hands wander-

Zach exploded into dust, making Theo cough. "God dammit Zach, you forgot to breathe!"

27. daimahou

daimahou Gentleman Tentacle(s)

Poor Lisa, everybody is doing it but she has to wait for Alexandria to do it with.

28. edale

edale Versed in the lewd.

With brain damage, no major behavioral shifts just means your damaged in other parts of your brain...that kind is usually MUCH worse.
    The only real way to do this would be to alter the brain to transfer short-term to long-term memory without the loss of consciousness; or just remove short-term memory entirely and transfer everything directly to long-term.
    ...What? Granted I'm pretty sure they made a sequel, and I never saw that, but WHAT in the original movie made you think aliens?
    Beautiful rendition of that song, not seen it before, check this one out:
    Called it!
    And this is Riley explaining to Trevor how she joined Missy's harem, even flat-out says Missy's the one calling the shots.
    What do you know...Freud was right.

I think we now have verification that the most perverse character isn't Zach...It's Riley.

TanaNari and Snake/Eater like this.
  29. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

What? No way, it's obviously Lisa.

You can't even comprehend the illogical and borderline insane kinks that her level of repression has cooked up. It's like the pandora's box of nookie.

Inverness, Simonbob, tordg and 7 others like this.
  30. Daunmi

Daunmi Shun the sun, night so nice

Whilst on the surface there's no difference, are you actually trying to link Discworld wizards with common sense?

pepperjack, Snake/Eater and TanaNari like this.