1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

Cluck that for a joke.

Obliviated fan and TanaNari like this.
  2. tarrangar

tarrangar Versed in the lewd.

Would like to amend that list to Pedophiles that actually act on their attraction to children, irrelevant here but there are people who suffer from Pedophily and know it's wrong, so they keep themselves from acting on it, and stay away from children so they won't be tempted, Pedophily is a mental illness so as long as the one with it keeps from acting on it, he/she are actually admirable.

3. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

i just thought of something,does Alexandria have trust issues that makes it hard for to start a relationships platonic and romantic because of Manton's actions in some way,was she in a affair with him?because of the divorce?because she didn't want to do to same to her children that Manton did,because she was in love with Hero?did she stopped trusting Doc Mom because she might have had a hand in the Siberian Snafu,after all they did gained more out of the Siberian's existence.that chapter of Canon!Alexandria could be interpreted in so many ways.

But what does Amelia!Alexandria want out of life?power?she could have made herself president,even if it's meaningless now,friendship?well to honest i don't think it's possible for her have any normal friendship with The Cauldron crowd(because of the family dysfunctional approach to saving the world) and the triumvirate is a savage sausagefest of weird Legend is a naive happly married familyman and Eidolon....is creepy?,Hero is now Zero.but in the end she see's then as probable dead men.Family?the world is ending.

what does she see in Lisa,hope,?because Pantheon is giving them fighting edge for the first time in years ?Friendshp?,a echo of who she used to be?love?shes's almost or over 40 guys.a surrogate daughter?Redemption?

what do you guys think Rebecca is looking for?as a person or a hero,what do you see of yourself in her?what does she want in herher in heart of hearts.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  4. sephlington

sephlington Making the rounds.

Pretty sure we got WoG that Victoria's aura effect was a bud from Gallant when she triggered, especially as emotion-altering powers aren't in the New Wave powerset at all. That implies Gallant had already been active for at least a short time, and was nearby when she triggered.

Snake/Eater and Divabot like this.
  5. rooster

rooster Succ

When I was 12, heck when I was 7 I was attracted to children. Then I grew up a little and when looking at pictures of old crushes and thought "What did I see in them?"
    But Lord help me if I tell someone that my crush was still hot when she was 12. Nvm that I was also 12 at the time.
    Being attracted to children is unnaceptable. Nuh uh. :rolleyes:

Wouldn't it make more sense to call rape (also including being unable to decide for yourself) unnaceptable?

Also I protest on Nazis being acceptable to murder. Just because someone has ideology calling for murder, it's unnaceptable to kill them until they break the law that has that specific penalty, because guess what, something like this might happen:

A: You shot my dad!
    B: Well he was a Nazi!
    A: He wasn't! He was just german! And he was sorting through his grandfather things to give them to a museum! Who gave you the right to shoot him?!
    B: My bad.

6. tilkau

tilkau Not too sore, are you?

Why is anybody replying seriously to a "List of people it's okay to remorselessly murder", as if there are any such people?

If you -actually- murdered any of these classes of people, it would not be any more okay than any other murder, despite society's rah rah to the contrary.

7. moontheir4

moontheir4 Nothing to see here. Move along.

Can someone point me to this fight, 'cause I missed it somehow.

8. Coruscant Knave

Coruscant Knave 'Twas love that did this to you.

Start of the fight.

You owe me for this, because while looking for it I accidentally stumbled on the below and made myself sad.

Luckily, she got better!

9. Fouredged

Fouredged Experienced.

Scion murdered him off screen after he wrecked China.

10. tarrangar

I can agree with killing Nazis not always being okay though I really dislike the ideology.

Also it's of course never really okay to kill anyone you should let the law punish them this is more dicussing which people genuinely deserve to die.

11. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

The answer is people you really really really don't like, because only people with a trait you find to be extremely negative go on that list.

There will always be someone who disagrees with you. They'll say that no matter how godawful open mouthed chewers are, they really don't deserve to die. Commies, the lot of them! I bet they think people who nibble on their pencils don't deserve retribution either!

The only conclusion is that Amelia really isn't the thread for this odd debate on the suitability of someone for conscience free murder. Perhaps a thread dedicated to such would be a better environment?

12. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Obviously people who use mind control go on the list.

pepperjack, Snake/Eater and TanaNari like this.
  13. gunghoun

gunghoun The Hero of Man (v2.0)

You only think that because it's what they want you to think.

They, uh... They don't have very good self-preservation instincts.

14. tarrangar

Nah they do they are just confident their mind control is perfect but they want us to go after other mind controllers just in case they manage to take over if left unchecked.

15. Daunmi

Daunmi Shun the sun, night so nice

Doesn't (exactly) irritate me, and I'm not the one writing this. You're allowed to leave in any mistakes you feel like, be they spelling, grammar, plot, canon inconsistencies, etc. As long as the story is still enjoyable to read, I don't really care, and what few mistakes I find my mind generally glosses over for you.

I'm really not sure why I spotted that one, but I guess that's just the way the (or my) mind works.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
    TanaNari likes this.
  16. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

I don't see what Alexandria's response was... is a line missing?

If it's just Alexandria's reaction, maybe just say "reaction"?

Snake/Eater and TanaNari like this.
  17. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

Alexandria needs to stop twirling her evil moustache. It's giving her away.

18. dasstan

dasstan :)

She just wants to show off her perfect body control... yes, I'm imagining a self twirling mustache.

Obliviated fan, tordg, Diller and 7 others like this.
  19. Threadmarks: Amelia, Ch 278- Missy
    TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Amelia, Ch 278- Missy

My suit spoke. Taylor, using the overrides. "We've found your mother and step brother, they're safe. No word on your step father yet."

"I understand," I spoke back. Taylor's power was legitimately amazing for sorting through the throngs of refugees and wounded, reuniting whole families in minutes. Or at the very least letting them know their family was safe. It would be a couple more days before the dust truly settled and everyone was put where they needed to be. Now we were on a timer for finding survivors. The days were finally starting to get a little warmer, but temperatures had dropped below zero. Those we didn't rescue tonight weren't likely to survive until tomorrow.

My armor blipped at me, asking if I needed another stim added to the air. An automatic request feature designed to read my eyes and their reactions. I confirmed the request, and almost instantly felt better. I'd sleep for a whole day after this stuff wore off, but that was fine. It kept me alert, kept my makeshift Thinker power from giving me headaches, and if I was feeling desperate, a minor overdose could boost my powers for a short period of time. Right now, that drug was saving lives.

"We got a few over there," I gestured at a half collapsed office complex. "Seventh floor, not sure why they can't get down but there has to be a good reason."

"On it," Theo responded. I smiled, it was such a thrill working with him in the field. Smart, professional, determined. He knew how to ignore the personal undertones and focus on the mission first, one of the things I liked best about him.

He guided Macula over to the side of the building, then formed a ladder up to the seventh floor windows. Supported by his power, it was actually more durable than the Endbringer based tools we'd been growing, easily the safest structure in the city.

Granted, we could have used my power to take us up immediately, but Lisa insisted we do it this way. Overtaxing myself right now would cost more lives in the long run. She was right, too. If I had been doing more than the 'search' part of 'search and rescue', I'd have already exhausted myself beyond what the stims could push me through. This was a marathon, not a sprint, and we all needed to conserve our strength.

Aceso scrambled up the wall, racing the ladder as it formed its way up. Even the Clarice doll needed to conserve its energy right now, and I knew Riley had her hands full juggling both it and her duties with the wounded. I glanced at Theo, who was paying an awful lot of attention to Clarice's rear. A quick smack on the shoulder and he decided instead to study the ground.

"Sorry about that," he mumbled.

"Just count yourself lucky that you're so cute," I teased. It was good to get a little bit of banter in. Stress relief, of a sort. It was already approaching midnight, and we'd been working almost nonstop since before noon. That kind of shift could really wear on someone. Oh well, when I signed up to be a hero, I knew what I was getting myself into. At least I'm on a team that treats me with respect, now.

"I... are you okay?" he asked. "I know your house was in Wendigo's range."

"A lot of our houses were," I responded. "Taylor's, Trevor's, Crystal's, yours."

He shrugged. "I guess I don't think of my dad's property as my home. I was going to sell it anyway."

"Well, fat chance of that happening now," I sighed. "On the plus side, if you can call it that, at least housing space is cheap, now. And there is government aid they'll tap into to put all these people in new homes. Or old homes left behind by the colonists." The way the news had been talking, eventually the US would have portals to its colony worlds in almost every state by the end of this year. There was already one in Boston and another in New York.

"Yeah," he put a hand on my shoulder. "What do you think your mom's going to do?"

"Don't know, don't really care," I responded. "Guess it depends on what happened to Dave, but my mother's house hasn't really been my home since even before I got my powers. Whatever she chooses to do, I'm staying on this team."

"Isn't that a problem? I mean, your age?" Theo asked.

"Doesn't matter," I responded. "Colonization laws. I'm fourteen and female, if I want to move to a colony all I have to do is prove I can offer an expert or otherwise valuable service to said colony. That's all it takes to emancipate these days. I think 'Endslayer' counts as valuable enough."

"You've been putting a lot of thought into this," he observed. He also visibly relaxed a little. Cute, he was worried that we might be separated.

"Lots of thought, and I might have talked to Carol about it," I informed him. "She might be a stuck up ice bitch, but she's a damn good lawyer." She also tried to convince me to talk to Mom about things, but that isn't going to happen. It never worked before, and I no longer cared enough to try yet again. I had a better family, now, and that was all that mattered.

"Okay, I've found them," Aceso relayed over the radio. "Seventeen adults, none significantly injured or suffering exposure. The stairwell collapsed, so they'll need to go down the ladder."

"Thank you," Theo answered. As he was speaking, a handful of shadowcats shunted over around us, nine in total. Two people to an animal. Riley isn't the only one pulling double duty, tonight.

Clarice stuck her head out the window next to the ladder, then simply hopped out. She fell the seven stories, using some antigrav to land lightly on the ground. Meanwhile, the first of the people in the building started climbing down. Theo had adjusted the ladder so it had a cage around it, making it impossible for anyone to fall off. Meanwhile, Clarice had climbed up on Bella and rode up alongside me.

"We're going ahead," I told him. I'd already tugged on the growths on the back of Calysta's head that functioned as reins, guiding her to turn the direction I needed. "Finding the next set of survivors." I gave her a tap and she started trotting along.

"Okay," he acknowledged. "I'll catch up soon. Stay safe."

Clarice followed me as we went back on our route. Dragon had programmed a path for Vicky and I, the two with the best Thinker powers for finding people, so that we could cover the city as rapidly as possible. It was why we weren't using the horses to fly, ground level gave me the best effective range for the lowest effective power cost. We needed to be certain we found every living person. Everything else was secondary.

"Is it true you're going to be moving in with us for real?" Clarice asked the moment we started off.

"Heard that, huh?" I smirked. "Y'know, normally I might be annoyed at the violation of privacy, but I guess that doesn't really count as much with us. Yeah, I might be. It's hard to know for certain. Depends on what Mom does."

"She can move to Avalon, too," she suggested.

"Probably not," I dismissed. "But that doesn't matter."

"You're right," Clarice agreed happily. "I'm just excited you're going to be living with me."

"You do realize I already do, right?" I asked. "Last month I spent every night except one at my supposedly temporary room in the magic tree house." That no longer exists. "So how would you even be able to tell the difference if I moved in officially?"

"Yeah, I know," she agreed. "But it's more fun when it's official. That's why people get married, right? So they can brag about what they're already doing anyway?"

I blinked. "Actually, that's a really good point," I admitted. "Know what? You're absolutely right. I think I'll move in officially no matter what Mom plans to do."

"You can move in next to me!" she offered excitedly.

"I totally can," I agreed. "We still have a long night ahead of us before we worry about that."

===============

A/N- Vista. Landing on her feet.

Also. I've occasionally mentioned Calysta, but I think this is the first time Macula's been mentioned by name. Care to guess what they're named after?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  20. Cyclone

Cyclone Disciple of Zor

On tablet, so can't quote, but you doubled "worked" when she's thinking about Carol wanting her to talk to her mother.

Buggy123 and TanaNari like this.
  21. daimahou

daimahou Gentleman Tentacle(s)

The Endbringers need to pay for this travesty.

Ryuketsu, pvnkice, Buggy123 and 16 others like this.
  22. Coruscant Knave

Coruscant Knave 'Twas love that did this to you.

Carol giving advice to wayward teens that hate their mothers? Nice to see. Wonder if she's actually still so bitchy anyway or if Vista is just incapable of respecting adults (especially those that want to help her).

Ryuketsu, eNBious, Buggy123 and 12 others like this.
  23. AyiosKat

AyiosKat Know what you're doing yet?

one or the other

Buggy123 and TanaNari like this.
  24. Spetz N9ne

Spetz N9ne Making the rounds.

Quick Google search says Calysta means "most beautiful" and Macula is "spot." Riley rides Bella, which also translates to "beautiful", although Wikipedia mentions it can also be literally translated as "war." So looking at that all together I'd say.... that I'm stumped. Unless they are literally just named after how they look (with Macula being spotted).

Also searching for Typha to figure out what Dinah's griffin is named for only gives results about species of cattails, which is either unrelated or a clever pun.

25. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

It is a "clever" pun and also related.

26. SamPardi

SamPardi Versed in the lewd.

Well, Calysta is a corruption of Callista which can refer to the Dendrobium family of Orchids. Bella was an obvious allusion to Belladonna, in fact I recall her originally wanting the full name Belladonna, a poisonous nightshade flower. Macula in anatomy is an eye. So I suppose you could say that their names reflect the love triangle in that the Orchid (Missy) and the Nightshade (Riley) are trying to draw the attention of the Eye (Theo) to enjoy their color. The name Macula could also be a self admonishment from Theo to look and not to touch... But I feel like I'm missing something with Macula and just keep getting medical texts.

Callista also has references to stars, and so it could also be a comparison between the two that Missy would see the spots on her mount as 'shining stars' while Theo sees them as just spots. Then there's the bears angle and I can't find a way to make that fit with the others so I don't think it's what you were going for.

27. Snake/Eater

macula is latin word that involves something about mortal sin.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
    Faraway-R and TanaNari like this.
  28. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

Uh ... the word 'reigns' keeps cropping up.

'reigns' = to rule, as a monarch
    'reins' = things you use to steer a horse

Just sayin'.

29. Phoenix0995

Phoenix0995 Covertly Aroused

Should be "reins".

Edit: I could've sworn I was just talking to someone... *scratches head*

Sheaman3773, pepperjack and TanaNari like this.
  30. Snake/Eater

Well,in canon Rey did die from a heart attack,it's fitting that he dies from a broken heart....:D