1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

I choose this song to be Emma's theme romance theme for this chapter,here's "Enjoy The Silence" by Depeche Mode as covered by Denmark + Winter.the song has multiple meanings for that last paragraph,but the most common theme is she will refuse to regret having her powers,because they help give her back Zach."All I ever wanted, all I ever needed.Is here in my arms.Words are very unnecessary,They can only do harm.

My money is on Tohu being responsible for cutting the romance short,because she's totally crazy for Zach.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  2. Coruscant Knave

Coruscant Knave 'Twas love that did this to you.

I'm emoting about Emma again. This is uncomfortable.

Which came first, the power or the name?

Volkogluk, Flukes and TanaNari like this.
  3. pepperjack

pepperjack A Variety of Cheese

Dr. McNinja'd:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Z000

Z000 If this is trash, then find me in the dumpster

Dubstep gun for Dubstep
    [​IMG]

5. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

Wow, Emma pretending to feel something, just so she can have quality time with her boyfriend?

I don't know if that's really sweet or really creepy.

... well, Boost hitting on two girls in the space of ten seconds; that's creepy.

6. dasstan

dasstan :)

Did they not try to merge Vicky and Emma to see if they could fix some of her deviances, or was that an off panel sort of deal?

TanaNari likes this.
  7. the DragonBard

the DragonBard Creator of Worlds

Probably either something the shapeshifting can't fix, or since Emma's problem isn't severe enough, they figure she's low priority.

TanaNari likes this.
  8. Asunder

Asunder Getting out there.

She can never know how tender a lover's touch can feel. Her skin is cold but her heart still burns. But still she fights to earn a redemption that none can give...
    Oh god my latent teen poetry tendencies are emerging! what have you done Tananari!

9. GladiusLucix

GladiusLucix Versed in the lewd.

Japanese Squirrel? *googles*
    [​IMG]

OH GOD THAT'S ADORABLE!

10. abyssmal_kismet

abyssmal_kismet Experienced.

His power only works on mammals, huh? What about a mammal crossed with a non-mammal?

TanaNari likes this.
  11. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Your mother.

More likely, suicide zerg.

I roll dice. I have a chart. Enhanced hearing. Energy manip. Energy generation. Energy detection. Stun blast. I accepted that this was a sign.

She's "low priority". Also, she never put herself on the waiting list because she already knows it won't work, and quite frankly she doesn't want to deal with the pity party of everyone knowing about this issue. A bit of Sophia's lingering influence about the whole 'showing weakness' thing, if you like.

TanaNari rolled 4 die of 100 faces, total: 207
    For: See what power I get at random
    Rolled on: March-13-2015, 06:58am

So that's Adaptation (Crawler's base power)
    Possession.
    Motion Detection.
    And acid generation.

... That's a fucking horrifying combination. So... Case 53 that climbs inside its host, grants all kinds of cool physical abilities. Until the host's metabolism burns out and it has to find a new body.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  12. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

Let me guess. Emma can't take advantage because her power actively changes her biology when she switches states?

13. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

And Vicky's shapeshifting option is only shapeshifting. It could turn Sveta from squid-head to cosmetically humanoid. It couldn't make her human.

Emma's already cosmetically human. There's nothing Vicky's power can change other than maybe give her slightly boosted physical abilities, and even that's a maybe.

14. gatewaewanderer

gatewaewanderer Wandering Fool & Intermediate Lurker

Huh. Figured she'd very likely be unable to have children, but unable to feel anything at all, in what sounds at least slightly similar a manner as Weld (for all that he's made of metal and she's not, it still sounds like both of them have little to no sense of touch?)

Also, it's swiftly becoming apparent that Endbringers as a whole seem to enjoy cock(or whatever's applicable,)-blocking Pantheon. Makes me wonder if there's some kind of underlying issues in Eidolon's mind. Is the real problem with him that he's not getting laid on a regular basis? Could the real PtV be "Get Eidolon A Girlfriend?"

15. GiftofLove

David is deeply distressed knowing that a bunch of dating teenagers are living together unsupervised, of course.

16. Daunmi

Daunmi Shun the sun, night so nice

... You know what makes it worse? I missed it when reading your post, then wondered why I had to edit out some extra spaces after the spoiler to tidy up the quote. Normally I'm quite good at spotting invisitext. Ah well.

So, does this mean they're assuming that they can only copy the powers of capes present at the fight? Ooooh that's not going to go well...

Boost: "I'm back from Avalon guys, you miss me?"
    Boost's friend: "Hey man, how'd it go?"
    Boost: "Well, I definitely didn't have my ass kicked by a teenage girl, that's for sure, so let's change the topic."

More likely? So... mothers are still possible at least?

17. GladiusLucix

Yeah, she's only ten or eleven at this point.

18. dasstan

dasstan :)

Tis a noble death. She will be missed.

Snake/Eater and TanaNari like this.
  19. GladiusLucix

Prediction for the upcoming Endbringer fight:
    Leviathan shows up and "plays" with whoever shows up, because they'd rather keep him around than deal with any more new Endbringers. Taylor is directing the zerg while snuggling in bed with Amelia, the tinkers go back to their labs, and Alexandria and Victoria play catch.

daimahou, Snake/Eater and TanaNari like this.
  20. Daunmi

After a quick scramble by Pantheon forces to get there asap, Taylor just glares at the other capes. "What, Leviathan? Fuck, we've got more dangerous Endbringers to worry about." They all shunt back.

Leviathan doesn't bother using waves to cover the battlefield. His tears do the job.

Twei, Faraway-R, Gear and 8 others like this.
  21. Threadmarks: Amelia, Ch 294- Taylor
    TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Amelia, Ch 294- Taylor

The alarm screeched its displeasure, and I shot up in bed, reaching over to shake Amelia awake. Two in the morning? God damn it. Amelia complained unhappily in her sleep, then realized what was going on, and was instantly as awake as me. RealizationHorrorAlert. Adrenaline is a wonderful thing. I rolled out of bed, and she did the same on her side.

"Do you know anything?" she asked.

I reached out with my senses, looking for information as I put on my armor. I found it with Victoria. Every Pantheon member's specialized armor was quantum linked to Avalon and functioned as a relay bug. A fact that was a closely guarded secret. In essense, it meant I was backup any time any of our teams needed help.

"Confirming Leviathan, Pacific ocean, likely California," Director Dunn told Chevalier and the rest of the gathered team. Victoria was already there with them. "Dragon's transport vessel is en route now."

"Understood," Chevalier replied. "Arclight, you take charge here while I'm gone."

"Yes, sir," the other man answered. The voice tech in the armor made it clear he wasn't happy about that command, although I didn't know why.

"I'm sending Janus after you," I informed Victoria.

"May as well cancel the transport," Vicky cut. "We have special pickup plans."

"Miss," the Director responded. "You're not the one in charge."

"Oh, I know," she answered. "But I just got instructions from the people who are. We'll have a teleporter here in..." she paused for a second, and I took the prompt for what it was.

"About three minutes," I answered.

"Five minutes," Vicky finished.​

"North America, they think," I answered, grabbing my armor. What does it say about us that we keep million dollar plus pieces of combat armor in our bedroom? "West coast. Could possibly be Hawaii."

"Coast? That's specific," she asked as she morphed her suit over her body.

"We know who this one is," I answered. "Leviathan's making a showing."

"It's Leviathan. I want both of you to go to the Philedelphia site and meet with Victoria and Chevalier's team," I instructed Lily and Eric. "Then bring them all to Avalon's capitol." We really need to get around to naming things.

"Understood," Eric responded, already in his armor. Lily was still not dressed. Her armor was a lot less convenient than the rest of ours, thanks to the nanofilament that let her shield herself with her power.

"Just teleport us over now," she told him. "I'll get dressed during."

DeterminationVindication. "The last of the originals," Amelia responded. "Do you think we'll be able to kill him?"

"Vicky's going to be pissed that it won't be her that gets to deliver the final blow," I answered. Meanwhile, my zerg were lining up for their transit. The phalanx types were top priority, taking the forward facing position. I'd trained with Missy enough that she knew what that meant. I felt the warp of space as she wove her way across the planet, creating the path my monsters started traveling through even before Amelia and I were finally able to make it outside.

"Status report?" I asked.

"Command center's powering up," Emma responded. "Ten minutes."

"It'll have to stay here," Missy spoke. "I can barely get the zerg through."

ConfusionConcern. "I thought it would be years before Avalon was populated enough to give you problems," Amelia asked.

"If we wanted to go to or from anywhere else, it would be," Missy responded. "But you're asking me to jump from our most populated area to our second most populated area. I had to detour near the south pole for this. It's almost like they planned it this way."

"Can't rule it out," Lisa cut in. "We know they managed to build the Simurgh. They might be using something like her to coordinate attacks."

"Just worry about the zerg, then," I commanded. "We'll rely on Janus to get us in position."

Meanwhile, I felt the perception shift as Atropos and Janus jumped from Bet to Avalon, and then a moment later over to our Philadelphia site to pick up Victoria and the others. I didn't bother eavesdropping on the conversation.

"Don't worry, I can provide a staging area," Dragon responded over our com systems. One of the few non-Pantheon members that we'd given that access to. "I have a number of Fafnir models in the region doing geological scans. They're versatile enough to accomplish most of what your platform can under ordinary circumstances. Leviathan is a known quantity, your more esoteric technology will be wasted on this."

GratitudeAcceptance. "Thank you," Amelia responded.

Over the course of a few seconds, Philly's Protectorate team started appearing on our teleportation platform. Victoria and Lily immediately flew toward where Lisa was waiting, followed closely by Chevalier, and then the rest of his team.

"Same plan we already discussed?" Lily asked as they landed. Normal voices, not the com systems.

"Minor changes, but nothing that concerns your roles," Lisa answered.

Emma rushed up to Vicky. "Here's that sword I told you about," she held up the weapon. It shimmered with all the colors of the rainbow, a kaleidescope unable to decide on a pattern. "The stasis forcefield is active for now. It's unbreakable in this state, and as sharp as any standard sword. If you need to you can give it Clockblocker's immovability or a cutting edge just slightly weaker than the nanorthorns. But those are huge energy drains."

"It's basically a lightsaber," Zach cut in.

"Okay, I see the options on my armor," Vicky agreed. She held the sword straight up. With a better angle, I could see how slender it was More like a fencing sword than the weapons Chevalier or Alexandria used.

"Activate the final setting and you have exactly twenty six seconds before it breaks," Emma continued. "During that time, it will be able to cut through anything, matter or energy, that isn't enforced by Atropos or Shaman's powers. We've tested it against Alexandria's power and the densest Endbringer tissue we've had the opportunity to study. Don't know if it'll cut through their core, but I'm pretty sure it will."

"Don't use it unless you absolutely fucking have to," Lisa demanded. "I know you want to get payback for Gallant, Shielder and Manpower. But the new Endbringers are designed to be immune to methods that were key in killing their predecessors. If Atropos fails-"

"I won't," Lily cut in, her voice determined.

"If Atropos fails," Lisa continued. "Then we might be better off letting Leviathan get away and trying with her power again in a year or so when he gets back for a rematch. You could be carrying the only thing that can kill the newest generation of Endbringers, since the Shaman-Rosary interaction was used on Wendigo. And we don't know how Leviathan's going to behave during this battle. We'll need to expect his rules to change."

"Fuck that," Vicky complained. "Ames will back me on this. That bastard needs to die."

"She's right," Chevalier argued, placing a hand on Vicky's shoulder. "We don't know how the Endmakers are going to react to two Endslayer combinations. If this is a third method, we need to keep it hidden as long as we possibly can."

Vicky deflated a little. "Fuck," she sighed. "Fine, we do it your way."

================

A/N- Wee, stuff!

How Vicky's new sword works: It creates a time distortion along its edge. On one side, time is accelerated to approximately twice its normal speed for an area about half a molecule thick, all along the length of the blade. On the other side, time actually flows in reverse. Not by much, mind. Anything caught along the edge is divided by their own past and future.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  22. SamPardi

SamPardi Versed in the lewd.

Hmm, I can see Lisa's side of the argument, but Leviathan is one of those that needs to go. Him and Khonsu. The others are good for killing people and destroying cities, but Leviathan especially is a threat to the entire world's ability to run properly. He casts a constant pall of fear over any maritime shipping and every island nation. His replacements may be harder to kill, but if they're as focused on facing/killing Pantheon as the others it'll actually be a net gain for the world.

23. Twilight666

Twilight666 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Nice! new chapter I thought TanaNari was done for the day.

PS. So Dragon has versatile dragon suits named Fafnir. :)
    I saw what you did there ;)

Buggy123 and TanaNari like this.
  24. Daunmi

Probably should have held back giving her that weapon till she needed it. Seems like a lot of temptation.

He's not really aware of what that 'day' term means.

Sheaman3773 and TanaNari like this.
  25. Tavarokk

Tavarokk Pursuer of perversion

Since the colonization of Avalon started to impede Missy, should they move the staging ground to Mashu, perhaps? What's going on there, actually?

26. Daunmi

Makes me wonder if it's so hush hush they're not telling everyone on their team. Although it could also be that they've got that god damned many creatures everywhere that they just hadn't gotten around to shuffling them over yet.

27. edale

edale Versed in the lewd.

I had Zach Fashbacks myself. That's pretty much how his introduction went. Only his was on national TV, and he was closer in age.

TanaNari and PineTreeq like this.
  28. tordg

tordg (Unverified Idiot)

I've been wondering about this for a while. Until such time as Emma gets her own Clarice equivalent this is the most stable arrangement. And even then an appropriate Clarice equivalent would have to wait for BCIs that can give her the relevant sensory and emotional cortices, which would have implications reaching at least as far as their current brain editing tech. As things are I mostly wonder about how Zach deals with the cold.
    Didn't they celebrate her 12th birthday a while ago?
    Italics
    Missing period.

TanaNari likes this.
  29. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

Yes, Riley is 12.

Prince Charon and TanaNari like this.
  30. GiftofLove

What, no quip about how Vicky and Chev match now that she also has a sword?

pepperjack, TanaNari and evildice like this.