1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Malfunctioning Hugbot

Malfunctioning Hugbot Spriggy Tomboy

More importantly, what shall the name mashup be...

Alexisa? Lisandria? Alisa? Alexandrisa?

2. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

Congrats, your post made me remember a song that perfectly, perfectly describes Taylor Hebert in this fic.

I am absolutely fucking amazed that this hasn't been posted yet. Here you go:

Granted, if I'd posted this on SB, I'd probably be bitch-slapped by the mods so fast my head would spin...

3. GorgonEyed

GorgonEyed Five-Star Horror Ham

Spacebattles' mods have never had the power to save you from the habits of your own mind. They toiled desperately, vainly, to prevent said habits from spreading.

4. Volkogluk

Volkogluk Getting out there.

Just as keikaku. :D

TanaNari likes this.
  5. jaelin910

jaelin910 habitual lurker

anyone else seeing the dark knight reference to be made here?

TanaNari likes this.
  6. dasstan

dasstan :)

So, Narwhal seems like an easy sell into the whole...Parahuman Society idea. Also curiously surprised by the lack of Amy's admiring of Narwhal's statuesque nature. Maybe she just likes 'em high fashion?

Speaking of Parahuman Society, I know there hasn't been much focus on it on screen, but how goes Pantheon's efforts into creating a loose affiliation of non-combat oriented capes?

Ryuketsu, Faraway-R, Zarohk and 6 others like this.
  7. Peanuckle

Peanuckle Versed in the lewd.

Jumping on the Lisa/Rebecca bandwagon, even if it's just an intellectual relationship. The two of them can sit down at a table for a few minutes, stare at each other quietly, then leave smug and satisfied.

I like Narwhal here. Parahumans are the ones dying in droves to fight these things, why should they let some desk jockey decide how they do it. Then again, the army follows politicians' orders, and they die in droves too.

8. Cyclone

Cyclone Disciple of Zor

Whether Lisa and Rebecca hook up for real or not, I fully expect there to be much teasing about it from Taylor or Amelia. Because what goes around comes around. :p

9. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

I may or may not write this omake. It may or may not be considered canon.

Honestly... I failed to think of this... let's just assume the shields are opaque, and thus there's nothing to see. And/or it inspired me a bit for the next chapter. Because HAH!

Oh, yes, yes there will be. :p

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
    Ryuketsu, AlexA4x, Faraway-R and 18 others like this.
  10. theBSDude

theBSDude Space Ace

Only up to a point: world hit peak drove-dying at the end of WWI, and then Russia exploded.

Faraway-R, tkioz, Alterego9 and 2 others like this.
  11. Helpless Kitten

Helpless Kitten A dumb asexual cat

You only have to worry about politics until you become recognized as a sovereign nation with the ability to declare war on the world and the power to make the world question if it can take you.

On an unrelated note, does anyone remember what happened to Sophia and Madison in this story? I'm contemplating an omake from one of their perspectives.

12. gunghoun

gunghoun The Hero of Man (v2.0)

I'm pretty sure this is true in canon. I think they say she doesn't have a costume, she's naked except for her forcefields and yet people only say she's barely decent.

Did she ever get knocked out in canon? Do the shields disappear anytime she takes a blow to the head, leaving a nine foot tall naked beauty on the streets of Canada whenever an S-Class threat response doesn't go according to plan?

13. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Sophia's still in juvie. Madison, to quote Emma, "didn't make it through Leviathan", although it's not mentioned if she died during the attack, or in the carnage after.

14. tkioz

tkioz Getting sticky.

Oh Riley, you had like two lines and you still stole the show.

Oh Chevalier... You've attracted the attention of Riley, I don't know if I should laugh or pity you.

15. Hiver

Hiver Getting out there.

Great.

Now they are going to start farming Endbringers.

Holy crap! Endbringers now drop epic loot! Somebody bring Leet and Uber into this.(are they still alive and if they are, have they thrown leet at Dragon yet?)

16. Divabot

Divabot KILL ALL THE HUMANS

Sounds like the Endbringer Khepri in A Tale of Transmigration. Tinkers go to fight her to get their gear copied.

Faraway-R, Drakshaa, daimahou and 2 others like this.
  17. selonianth

selonianth Writer of Words

Kinda.
    And his second.

Love Chevalier's "lawlwut?"

TanaNari likes this.
  18. Mogget

Mogget Know what you're doing yet?

It's funny that power synergy is literally what the entities are in the first place; a bunch of powers working together. If they manage to get the right powers together they can probably bootstrap most of the important things entities can do.

19. Threadmarks: Amelia, Ch 183
    TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Amelia, Ch 183

"Only lost a total of fifty units," Taylor informed as as she started lining her forces back up. "Most of them directly against Barghest. The rest were the shunting units, a lot of which burned out during the attack. If it wasn't for the fact that they're the hardest ones to replace, I'd call this a net gain. Oh, and I'm almost done dragging all the corpses back. I should be able to use the remaining zerg to carry back the dead."

"Good," I replied. "Regrowing them enough 'muscle' that they can haul themselves back to base is a pain," I answered. It really was, too. I wouldn't even be doing this, except that a lot of their insides were tinkertech alloys. Stuff that I had been assured was really expensive and slow to make. Especially since there was no way to build an organic device to do it for us. The purely organic parts could be made easily and with no effort. But without the tinkertech, they weren't even fit to call decoy targets in a battle against an Endbringer.

"I got readings off of Clarice," Emma informed us, as she worked with Rey, Chariot and Clarice to pack up the mobile command center. The tinkers didn't want the rest of us touching their 'sensitive equipment', so we were mostly limited to watching. "That detonation was loosely ten kilotons. If we hadn't insulated the region, it would have been as destructive as a small atom bomb."

"Fucking christ," Lily muttered. "And every time that thing shows up, it's going to do the same thing? Kill fifty four people and drop a nuke in the middle of a city? All in five and a half minutes after its arrival?"

"That's the gist of it," Lisa agreed.

"And this is the one we're considering allowing it to live for fear that the next one will be worse?"

"I'm afraid so," Lisa answered. "Don't get me wrong, we're going to do our best to kill it. But that kill can't be done by any of the Moirai." WorryConfusion.

"Why? How is it suppose to stop me?" Lily asked.

"I don't know," Lisa admitted. "But this one was designed with you and your powers specifically in mind. Its design sacrificed a lot of other potential offensive abilities, making it the most apparently weak Endbringer. Solely so it could have a method to protect itself from your power. Knowing how Endbringers tend to function, that secret weapon would guarantee that if you were present on the battlefield, a lot of people would die. We know your power easily nullifies Zach's, and I'm fairly certain it would work equally well against Eidolon's resurrection. We cannot allow Barghast to get anywhere near you, for fear of what might happen."

Lily fell silent at that, and leaned into Sabah, who had rested an armored hand on her shoulder. I wasn't sure I could imagine how huge that was. The idea that an Endbringer may have been created with the sole purpose of being a counter to her.

"So, how long until you announce the engagement?" I asked Lisa as we started making our way back.

"What?" Crystal asked, and it earned the attention of everyone else.

Lisa just sighed. "Really?" she asked. "Nevermind, of course you would."

"Would what?" Missy asked.

Lisa turned toward the girl. "Amelia is implying that, because Alexandria and I can use our thinker powers to communicate rapidly with one another in a way that appears, in the most superficial of visual manners, to be similar to the Taylia bond, that that means I am somehow destined to become romantically involved with the woman," she explained in a dismissive tone. "Despite the fact that all possible logical thought disagrees."

Crystal laughed. "Actually, that sounds about perfect for you."

"It really doesn't," Lisa replied.

"No, it totally does," Crystal insisted. "She's possibly the only person on the planet that could out smug you. Or is that the reason you can't be with her? Because you're afraid of having a relationship with someone who might actually be smarter than you think you are?"

"She's not smarter than me," Lisa insisted. "She just has a really unfair power that gives her the advantage."

AmusementDismissal. "Hey, Riley," Taylor spoke up. "Tell me something. Do you still have some of that anti-power drug?"

"I can make some more really easy," she answered. "We just haven't had much reason to use it. It doesn't even really work against people with the powers that are any kind of problem for our team to fight."

"I'm just thinking we give Lisa a dose, and see how smart she really is on a fair playing field," Taylor continued. I could hear the smile in her voice.

"Not that I'd mind," Riley responded. "But that's not a good idea. The drug can cause permanent damage that interfers with power use."

"She wasn't really going to do it anyway," Lisa informed us.

AmusedAnnoyed. "I might change my mind," Taylor suggested. "Still, I think you and Alexandria would be an adorable couple. You could just stand there and stare at each other for a couple minutes, then go back to your day smug in the knowledge that you just had a romantic moment worthy of an epic poem using nothing but body language so subtle that no one else on earth would know anything even happened. Truly a love story for the ages."

"Speaking of epic love stories," Lisa's smile broadened. "Did you notice Amelia checking out Narwhal?"

"I did not!" I insisted.

IrritationCertainty. "She didn't," Taylor supported me immediately. "And we all know I would have known if she had. Now stop trying to deflect attention away from yourself. Or at least try to do it in a less obvious and insulting way."

"Exactly," Lisa answered happily. "Your confirmed lesbian girlfriend was in the presence of a seven foot tall naked woman with the figure of an actual goddess, and she didn't even think to take good look at her? Out of the thirteen of us, only five can honestly say they didn't try for as much of an eyeful as they could possibly get away with. Incidentally, a few of you should be aware that I'm probably going to blackmail the piss out of you later. Just for fun."

RealizationLoveHappiness. I smiled, and fidgeted uncomfortably at the attention. "I... guess you have a point," I admitted. I looked over at Taylor and did allow myself to, as Lisa put it, 'get an eyeful'. PleasedConfident.

"Fifty bonus relationship points to my big sister."

"Riley, I can hear you on the com," I told her. "Who are you talking to?" Zach started laughing, followed quickly by Theo and Emma. Missy held out the longest, but she started laughing as well.

"Nevermind, I think I figured it out," I sighed.

The trip itself was both subjectively short and uneventful, merely slow. At least our conversation distracted us long enough for Taylor to send all her zerg through Missy's space warp to our base. There, the damaged ones would feed on Yggdrasil and regrow, while the ones that had been destroyed- whether temporarily or permanently- would be recycled and rebuilt. Possibly with improvements in mind. An additional Endbringer, and the potential threat of more meant we'd need to be even more battle ready than ever before.

ConfusionConcern. I looked over at Taylor. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I think," she answered. "I think your sister wants to have a chat with you, however. She's waiting in the lounge."

I frowned. I have neglected her, lately, I admitted to myself. "Well, we had planned for the fight and cleanup to take a few hours. I suppose I could spend the extra time with Victoria. You don't mind, do you?"

ConfidencePeace. "No, it's fine," she smiled. "I'll call Epoch and tell him how things went. He's probably as confused as everyone else who was hoping for a major show of force against the Endbringers."

"The Adepts really have been hoping to show off the full capabilities of their new armor systems, haven't they?" I smiled.

"I'm thinking we see if they want to cut loose against the Teeth," Taylor added as we approached the entrance to our base. I opened the direct path that would allow us enter the labs without bothering with the normal pathways. "It might even be better that way, showing that Pantheon and its allies are more than just a ceasefire arrangement. That we trust them to handle trouble on their own. Yeah, that sounds good."

We all stopped in the labs to take our armors off, and put the changelings back where they belonged. Some needed repairs, but every system needed stored away. Except Lily and Sabah, who just took theirs home with them.

Freed of the armor suits, Taylor gave me a peck on the cheek, and I headed up to talk to Victoria. By the time I got there, Zach, Theo and Missy had made it first and were talking to her. The four of them, along with Trevor and Clarice, had gotten to know each other pretty well at school. Not well enough to share Clarice's true identity, of course. But it was something. I paused when I saw Victoria. She was wearing her Glory Girl costume. CuriousConcern.

"Hey, sis," Victoria smiled. "Guess what I can do!" she started to glow.

===============

A/N- The plot twist that literally no one didn't see coming. :p

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  20. tsuknoryu2986

tsuknoryu2986 Not too sore, are you?

So Taylor is about to start killing if someone doesn't control her damn aura.

Buggy123 and daimahou like this.
  21. blind-conductor

blind-conductor Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Whelp. o_O Now let us watch as something goes horribly wrong, I mean right with the reappearance of Double G's powers. After all a jealous and mad(ish) Taylor or Amelia is always(?) a fun Taylor or Amelia. (That's why we love them). But seriously, did another shard latch onto Victoria or was it her old shard? Because dat aura, dough..

Faraway-R and Divabot like this.
  22. Slayer Anderson

...I'm thinking Glory Girl's got NEW powers rather than her old ones back.

23. minuseven

minuseven low effort life

The question is both how and why.

How did she re-gain/gain/acquire powers? The normal way or... through some other, liquid way?
    And then the why. Why now. The Endbringer, some form of pressure we haven't really seen on screen? Or, going the other way, if she accepted a deal with the metaphorical devil, still why?

And thirdly, how many classy women in suits were involved?

24. klassekatze

klassekatze Experienced.

I'm pretty sure GGs original aura (and her forcefield) wasn't a literal glowing one. So I'm thinking new power.

25. Slayer Anderson

I'm guessing the 'why' is in relation to basically everyone she could count as actual 'friends' since she died including her sister and cousin going off to fight an Endbringer without her.

No, scratch that. It's not the fact that they went without her. It's the fact that, even if she wanted to, she can't participate in an Endbringer battle. Ever again. While her sister goes out and kicks ass, and is in danger, and might die...

So, I'm guessing 'natural trigger' since 2nd gen. capes trigger 'softer' than 1st gen. Then there's the matter of her powers...which, if I'm right about her trigger, looks like a good setup for...a 'Master' power set, actually.

...god, what if her new shard pinged off Taylor...

Edit: Or, worse/better, what if it pinged off Amy?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  26. tsuknoryu2986

tsuknoryu2986 Not too sore, are you?

This is from Amelia's pov, so to her she could be

27. Alayne

Alayne The Reader

What if her new shard is a bud from Taylor that pinged all of Pantheon:D

28. Grell23

Grell23 Making the rounds.

God help them all?

Pantheon derived power + GG's canon obliviousness = suffering.

G23

(please note I don't think Vicky's stupid, but omg did she use wisdom as a dump stat..)

29. Slayer Anderson

Or did she?!

Sorry, I have an idea now...

Atropa, TanaNari and doomlord9 like this.
  30. dasstan

dasstan :)

Why not both?
    I actually made a joking prediction that she got the unholy shard baby from QA and Shaper, and pinged off all of Pantheon over on SB.

Pinging off Pantheon seems unlikely, considering they were all in a different universe when she triggered. Abomination-Chan is still possible, though! But in all likelihood, it's her original shard coming back to say hello, but having pinged off Photon Mom, Brandish and Manpower at the Endbringer get together.

Assuming the Weaver Dice trigger guidelines hold true, that she's a natural trigger, and that it's a response to the lack of powers drama...

Both seem likely, and the glow probably means she's minoring in Blaster/Shaker powers.

Or I could just be talking out my ass.