1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

I hope Missy and Clarice extricating themselves from each other was recorded for Theo to watch later...

...also, it appears Clarice sank the Amelia/Vicky ship before it could set sail. Interesting.

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  2. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

A little, yeah.

Also, I was confused at first as to who spoke this line:

until I finally realised it was Vicky, from context.

Also, typo:
    Yangban

And YAY! Vicky's alive, and she made them REALLY, REALLY pay to take her alive. And they failed anyway.

Riley gets to torture someone for a really good reason. Yeah, don't want to be there for that.

3. CptTagon

CptTagon Prolific Writer

a shunt

4. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

Now that the team plus one is back to together, Operation:Metallica is a go again.this was a revealing chapter in Clarice's head.it it gave me answers to some questions that i have had and opened some new can of worms to put me back to square one.to celebrate, here's Metallica's grammy award winning anti-war song "One" as played on a acoustic guitar by a music teacher soYmartino.

I can't remember anything
    Can't tell if this is true or dream
    Deep down inside I feel to scream
    This terrible silence stops me

Now that the war is through with me
    I'm waking up, I cannot see
    That there is not much left of me
    Nothing is real but pain now

Hold my breath as I wish for death
    Oh please, God, wake me

Back to the world that's much too real
    In pumps life that I must feel
    But can't look forward to reveal
    Look to the time when I'll live

Fed through the tube that sticks in me
    Just like a wartime novelty
    Tied to machines that make me be
    Cut this life off from me

Oh please, God, wake me

Now the world is gone, I'm just one
    Oh God, help me
    Oh please, God, help me

Darkness imprisoning me
    All that I see
    Absolute horror
    I cannot live
    I cannot die
    Trapped in myself
    Body my holding cell

Landmine has taken my sight
    Taken my speech
    Taken my hearing
    Taken my arms
    Taken my legs
    Taken my soul
    Left me with life in hell

5. Coruscant Knave

Coruscant Knave 'Twas love that did this to you.

In my defense, shut up.

6. tordg

tordg (Unverified Idiot)

"Degradation".
    Italics.
    Missing endquote.
    Just switching these two paragraphs would make that whole conversation flow more smoothly, without needing speech tags or the like. Also, it quite surprised me to learn that Clarice hadn't though of Missy romantically until now. This realization means the trio will get 20% cuter, right?
    "Yangban".
    Missing ellipsis?
    "A shunt vehicle".
    ... Well now that does explain a couple of things.

TanaNari likes this.
  7. dasstan

dasstan :)

I wonder how hard it would be for Clarice to hook Taylor's head up to Victoria?
    "Big Sister, can you teach me how to lesbian?"

"... Not my fetish. Nope. Amelia out." *sinks into the floor*

8. Chulup

Chulup Know what you're doing yet?

And no one got the most significant part of this chapter.
    That is the thing all Thinkers know about - Empresses without Taylia are just Taylor and Amelia. And Taylor after Canon!Nine is not a stable person.
    Just like she was before Nine, and the whole plot up to the Golden Morning.

9. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

She set it on fire. With thermite. And watched it burn all the way to the ocean floor.

If you pay attention, it also explains a lot more than just what's told outright.

"What are you talking about? This is EXACTLY your fetish!"

"I know!" *sobs*

*Hugs* "There, there Big Sister, I'll make it all better."

Amelia.EXE has suffered a fatal error. Reboot?

10. Mr. Tebbs

Mr. Tebbs Not too sore, are you?

Zach: Soooo, now that everyone's here, how about we all go back to my tent?

Clarice: Only if i get to snuggle with my boyfriend and girlfriend

Taylor: We are all doing nothing of the sort til I get my lower 3/4ths and my better half

11. PandaGrill

PandaGrill Making the rounds.

Crap. So Chevy's fears weren't unfounded?

12. Coruscant Knave

Coruscant Knave 'Twas love that did this to you.

Zach: Did you just provisionally agree to an orgy?

Taylor: Ask me again when the mission is over and I have access to the Zerglings.

13. Daunmi

Daunmi Shun the sun, night so nice

I hope Riley remembers that Zack was polite and looked away next time she goes to hit him.

14. Argentorum

Argentorum Free Cat

I'm sure she could swing it so Theo an Missy agree to a foursome with Zach for mucho relationship points.

That's pretty nice right?

Tenebrous Fantasies and TanaNari like this.
  15. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

She's still twelve. Well, probably thirteen at this point. Either way, that's not on the table any time soon.

Go pester Ack into writing an Omake if you wanna go that route.

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  16. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

Ack, you should be ashamed of your reputation. :p

17. Destrark

Destrark The Ebon Dragon. On vacation from Malfeas.

Taylor has actually managed to beat her canon record for mutilations (never mind the previous deaths). I think this is the first time someone in the fandom had Taylor as just a head.

18. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

Missy: "Okay, not on the table."

Vicky: "Tables are uncomfortable anyway."

Riley: "What's wrong with bed? Isn't that normal?"

Missy: "Normal is fine with me."

Vicky: "Did I tell you guys about the time we broke a table?"

Zach: "I am so happy that this costume includes a popcorn maker."

Taylor: "Goddamn it, you people. Can we please finish the invasion before we plan the lionization?"

19. meta_halo

meta_halo Making the rounds.

And now I'm picturing something that could A) cater to those last few Japanese fetishes Lily's armor misses, and B) make Taylor/canon!Sveta a viable pairing. :confused:

20. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

I know it makes no sense, because this isn't a stupid romcom, but dear God I now want Svetta to be there when they meet up again just so she can be incredibly awkward around Taylor the Head Spider.

"Vicky, is there something wrong with Svetta? She won't stop fussing over me. It's weirding me out a bit. No one should be this happy to see a human head walking around on spider legs."

21. Threadmarks: Amelia, Ch 383
    TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Amelia, Ch 383

I paced nervously in our mobile command center. "Do you think they're okay? It's been hours. It shouldn't be taking this long." A question I'd probably asked thirty or forty times already. "Why is it taking this long?"

Dragon's voice came over the speaker. "I don't know. I've been monitoring China's telecommunications as best I can under my current programmed limitations." And it's our fault she still has those limits. "There's not a lot to go on, except that they're preparing their miliary for a full scale military action. Whether that's a response to intel from the other side, or simply a reaction to their dimensional access being cut off, I cannot currently say."

Dammit, Taylor, how am I supposed to do this without you?

I absentmindedly took a drink from the nutrient fluid the suit provided. It tasted like cactus juice this time. Thanks to whatever weirdness the new recipe came with, its flavor would change more or less at random. Something of a weirdly specific hallucinogen that I was surprised even worked on me. Then again, since my power works to nullify organics as they interacted with my biology, it's something of a miracle that I can taste anything at all. More arbitrary Passenger bullshit that only made sense when you realized these things were making the rules up as they went.

Dragon interrupted my thoughts. "I'll continue monitoring the situation."

"Umm... yes, thank you."

Left to my own thoughts, I had to wonder about what we were doing. This mission could have been avoided simply by offering to let China in on the portal network arrangement in the first place.

Denying them a portal of their own was done with the intent of fucking with them. Social and economic pressures, an attempt to force Bet to mold itself into a single unified society. Pantheon and Avalon were always meant to be both the carrot and the stick, a goal to strive for in showing what can be accomplished with cooperation, and the threat of what we could do to those who wouldn't get with the program.

We manipulated China into being a stick as well, by creating an enemy, a more immediate threat to fear instead of us. In a world without Endbringers, we needed that distraction and danger to keep operating the way we operate. Because people are scared of us and what we can do, so we had to give them something to be even more afraid of.

Sure, we also did other things, like PR ops with us talking to world leaders and obeying all the United Nation's various rules about what we were and were not allowed to do on Bet and other colony worlds. Playing dressup and promising the world a gay royal marriage. Lisa called it 'bread and circuses, when Pantheon was young and Avalon didn't exist. And that's what it was. Acting like celebrities so people would forget one little little detail. We're terrifying. There's no other way around it, we're fucking terrifying, we know it, and we revel in it.

And the world has good reason to be afraid of us. My power alone makes Pantheon the most successful Class S threat ever seen. I looked down at the light blue-green matter that made up the surface of my world. I chose the color because it was the exact opposite of meat. Ignoring the biological impossibility of it, if Avalon's landscape was made of flesh and blood instead xylem and sap. If the scent of copper and iron replaced that of wet grass and indistinct nectar, no one would ever want to set foot on this planet.

And it was only through the damn parasite granting me these powers to begin with that I was blocked from ever really understanding my own potential. After my Third Trigger, well, fuck to that plan. I broke free of that control, found someone I was supposed to hate to be my closest friend and ally, and together we planned to save the world. Even if we had to destroy half of it to save the other half.

How many other despots and monsters have told themselves those same words? We're the good guys only if you're on our side and even then we're not exactly forgiving to our allies. Not that we expect them to be better to us. Then again, look at our allies.

We had Cauldron, and it was pretty much certain that they were gearing up to take us down after Scion's removal. Maybe they'd never act on it, a cautionary move. But they feared the need existed, and they were probably right. Japan was an ally, and honestly a really good one. We had considerable social influence there thanks to Lily and our defense against Chinese aggression. That didn't stop us from hiding the fact that their Emperor was probably an impostor. Because he was an impostor that was helping us.

The USA was something of an ally, though that was a strained relationship after our maneuvers to kidnap some of their criminals. Without the threat of the Endbringers hanging over us, we were relying solely upon their use of our robot police system to keep them dependent upon us. The UN and EU were stronger allies, but only barely. A thing that would likely change if we started treating them the way we treated the United States. And if they didn't give us the resources we needed when we asked, we'd end up doing just that. Easier to ask forgiveness than seek permission, after all.

Dragon was the ultimate example of our pattern. We had her under our complete control, much like we did with Calvert and Moord Nag. The difference being that Dragon wasn't a monster that needed to be controlled or destroyed. She was an ally, and even tried to be a friend. She did everything she could to help us even before we had the capacity to rescue her from her prison.

The fact that we don't use that power over Dragon, that she is loyal out of choice, may even make it worse. We had no reason to distrust her, except that we trusted no one. Or at least trusted no one who could conceivably be a threat to us. Dragon was very much capable of being a threat if she were freed. She was the best hope we had of fighting Scion, and still we kept the keys to her cage.

What we've done is every bit as frightening as the Slaughterhouse Nine, and Nilbog, and the Yangban, have done. Our motives differed, at least from the first two. But it wouldn't be wrong to say we've committed war crimes. Using WMDs like Bolla and a stimmed Moord Nag. Enslaving peoples' minds. Annihilating whole cities just to prove a point. All in the name of peace and unity. Which begged a question. Is a peace built on lies, fear and manipulation any kind of peace at all?

I suppose I have become my father's daughter after all.

My suit beeped at me, waking me from a dream that quickly faded. Something about using my powers to turn Taylor into some kind of hydra like monster to use against Scion. I couldn't remember and I got the feeling I was happier for that.

Right, the com was beeping. "Umm, what is it?"

"This is Dragon speaking. I believe we've been sent a message by the Khyber strike force. A Yangban member was captured by Akaihana inside her base."

Who? I almost asked the question, but Dragon continued too quickly.

"She's a Trump with a carefully concealed method of allowing herself to copy the powers of her teammates and occasionally others for brief periods of time. Has been the leader of one of the most popular teams in Japan for the last fifteen years."

"Okay, that's a start. The part about the message?"

"He gave Atropos' access code after his capture and now refused to speak with anyone other than you. They report he has serious injuries beyond what could have been sustained during his capture. I've yet to observe the captive or his condition, but there is the possibility that they hurt him more than they had to. Possibly related to the copying aspect Akaihana's powerset. I recommend you take care not to accuse them of anything or alert them if you suspect torture or other malfeasance. It might be wise to request transporting the captive to Avalon before interrogation."

I frowned. That's just wonderful. "I'm going. If this is a message from the team, we have to act immediately. Has Janus been contacted?"

"Yes, he'll be there presently."

Twenty seconds later, the man appeared not too far away. Our mobile command center had its own deployment pad and I was ready to go. "Thanks for the ride. And thanks for always putting up with this crap."

He shrugged. "Hey, don't worry about it. Maybe I don't have the most interesting job in the world, but I live a comfortable life while only working a few hours a months. At the cost of having no idea which hours they'll be ahead of time is a perfectly acceptable tradeoff."

"I still kinda feel bad about it."

He looked down. "Well, umm, if you wanna do me a favor to call us even, then I'm kinda, well."

I waited a few seconds. "We're in a hurry, if you need time to figure out how to ask, then maybe we can wait until after?"

He took a deep breath. "Mygirlfriend'sprettysmallsoIcanhurtherwhenwegetintimate."

What? Oh. Oh! I really need to stop offering to do nice things for people. But it made sense things would get a little disproportionate considering how I built his body to be a healthy adult male and then gave it the equivalent of a second final puberty spike. Dumb mistake on my part. "So, you need a size reduction?"

"It'd be appreciated, yes."

==============

A/N- A thought occurred to me. We've seen a lot of Taylor without Taylia. Not so much of Amelia.

Welcome back, self loathing girl that's afraid she's a monster. You're less cute about it than Riley, so everyone hates you.

Also- this chapter may have become a "spelling it out in no uncertain terms since a few of my readers aren't paying enough attention to really see it" moments.

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  22. Faraway-R

Faraway-R Getting sticky.

TanaNari, you probably should do a little Cast Page (ahaha, little, in Wormverse), and write under each heading exactly how fucked the person/group was by the Pantheon and/or its members.

Buggy123, Nexidava, Twei and 5 others like this.
  23. LuridThrone

LuridThrone Sitting On The

24. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

I'm always sad to see authors say this.

I mean it's awesome that you will potentially be making money from all this effort but often times the author in question, not necessarily Tananari in specific this is a pseudo-rant for the general situation, drop fanfics entirely to become 'professional' even though it was the constant feedback and reviewing done by their fans that sharpened their skills to that point that they are confident in trying to become published in the first place.

To sum up what I am failing to get across eloquently, please don't stop writing fanfiction entirely Tananari. Even not having them as your main focus and only dropping one moderately sized chapter a week on us, and letting those cliffhangers torment like they are supposed to, more fanfics from you would be something I would enjoy.

Maybe an Aisha centric one to make up for killing her off within the first few chapters in this one?

25. Chulup

Chulup Know what you're doing yet?

FTFY

meta_halo and TanaNari like this.
  26. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

It's going to be webpublish, just as Worm was. So, y'know... fan feedback and review in real time will still be a thing.

It will ALWAYS be a thing. I love the interaction and criticisms (at least, when they're remotely useful for a change). So don't you worry about that.

Eh, I might do that once in a while if I feel the desire... but really I'd rather focus my mind on my own original worlds.

The only reason I ever did a fanfic in the first place was to attract a ready-made-audience instead of the pain in the dick that is attracting readers from a void. And to improve my skills in a more freeform environment like this. Because I want my original settings and characters to be good from the start, instead of me fucking it up the way I fucked up the early chapters of Amelia.

27. meta_halo

meta_halo Making the rounds.

Amelia: Nobody likes me, everybody hates me, I guess I'll go eat worms.
    Taylor: *blushes furiously*

...hmm, can decapiTaylor even blush? Inquiring minds want to know!

28. pepperjack

pepperjack A Variety of Cheese

You get a like just for this.

29. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

Blushing? I'd say yes, probably. Though I imagine she'd get a little light headed depending on how it works?

-

I have to say, Amelia should feel bad for what they're doing to Dragon. I'm well aware of both sides of the argument, but it's still distasteful. Doesn't stop them from doing the same thing to Elle too, I guess.

30. cosoco

cosoco Not too sore, are you?

Yep. Next question.
    Who's excited for this? I am.