1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Coruscant Knave

Coruscant Knave 'Twas love that did this to you.

That makes sense, but I don't recall anything implying that. The ambassadors that came to see the EB testing facility still believed more were a threat, and I was under the impression this is what they were using as the Scion stand-in for those not in the know. The UN doesn't know about Scion, so they need something to be the big bad to keep building up towards the fight. I guess China works for that too, though.

2. Sheaman3773

Sheaman3773 (Unverified Writer)

My understanding is that they were telling people that they have control of all of the Endbringers, and that so long as none of them are destroyed, no more will show up.

That's why they couldn't destroy them, because Eidolon "feared" that the next ones would come immune to the power he was using to subdue them.

How they're backing up this information, though...

Divabot, sephlington and TanaNari like this.
  3. Mr. Tebbs

Mr. Tebbs Not too sore, are you?

exactly! if a new endbringer appears, you have eidolon unleash his other 15...which one would assume turns into a curbstomp w/o even needing eidolon to use his 'i win against every shard ever, except the entity' power

Divabot, Snake/Eater and TanaNari like this.
  4. Coruscant Knave

Coruscant Knave 'Twas love that did this to you.

I guess you could read Eidolon's words like that, but GU's words about calling Scion an EB seems to imply to me that Eidolon means to convey that a new EB is coming even if they don't destroy them and that he is using this method so that thinkers from world leaders will believe him.

Divabot and TanaNari like this.
  5. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

Interesting developments.

Telling the US that "nope, it wasn't China" while telling Japan "yeah, we're not gonna say as much, but it was totes China".

Also, Vicky getting a spontaneous nosebleed from (I presume) photos of Lung in a chainmail bikini is hilarious.

Plus, typos:
    Nippon portal?

within their own borders,

Also:
    I might just do that.

6. dasstan

dasstan :)

UN, but I got the impression that everyone knows it was China, but they're all maintaining the polite fiction that it wasn't China for the sake of international relations/not starting war.

7. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

Point.

The UN pressed harder on the point, though.

Divabot and Tenebrous Fantasies like this.
  8. Fouredged

Fouredged Experienced.

They pressed because they want to be really sure that Avalon isn't about to start a war. That and they want to see how they jump when someone pushed them on the issue. Everyone knows it's China. Even the civilians who pay attention know it's China. Avalon is going to have to field these questions and it's best if the UN knows the answers that are going to be given so they can all have the same story.

9. MadGreenSon

MadGreenSon Verified Devil Tiger, The Childish Yandere

Avalon is still being so restrained... I wonder what will make them finally take the gloves off and go full Cronenberg on China....

Divabot, Prince Charon and TanaNari like this.
  10. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

Has anyone seen the Manchurian candidate?they have the capability to create a machine that creates a alternate personality for their cover to work.

They don't want a powerful ally to start a world war on their watch,but they also want more control over Avalon's military strength.....:D

they are trying to grab the ball early on to prevent a situation like this..

Last edited: May 6, 2015
    TanaNari likes this.
  11. MadGreenSon

MadGreenSon Verified Devil Tiger, The Childish Yandere

If it comes to that, they might be able to get Eidolon to go Pokemon master with the Endbringers.

TanaNari likes this.
  12. jrbless

jrbless You needed worthy opponents.

The Earth Aleph angle is one I didn't see coming, but makes sense. They know about Aleph ever since Dr. Haywire's portal opened it up. It's also where the Simurgh grabbed the Travelers from before dropping them on Bet.

Let's think out what would happen if Avalon decides to open portals from Aleph to (currently empty) worlds. The reason why they would do this is to distribute the population across multiple dimensions to make it harder for Scion to kill everyone all at the same time. To do this, they need an agreement with the corresponding Aleph UN (maybe) and the Aleph country that will be the site of the portal, fairly similar to what they have with Bet.

The current bottleneck on dimensional portals is that only Labyrinth and Lily can make them. They know about Doormaker, but don't have a way to make his doors permanent. Earlier hints indicate that Dragon is getting close to being able to open portals which will speed things up. If/when that happens, they might want to talk to the countries with their own worlds and see if they can set up cross-connecting portals so they can go directly from (US owned world) to (UK owned world) without going through Earth Bet.

I don't remember seeing anything that says the portals have to be in corresponding physical locations to work, but admit I may be mistaken. If they don't have to be in corresponding locations, it would be possible to have a portal in (US owned world) New York City linking to (UK owned worled) London. Taken to an extreme, one could imagine an "airport" where portals are clustered going to different worlds/cities. If the dimensional portals can be opened to another place on the same world, then it would be like a current airport, but without the travel time from point A to point B.

I personally think it would be hilarious if they opened a portal from Aleph China to Bet China so they can duke it out.

13. Daunmi

Daunmi Shun the sun, night so nice

That would likely result in Bet China and Aleph China deciding Aleph is now their world.

Divabot likes this.
  14. Fouredged

Fouredged Experienced.

Aleph China is a communist country founded by Mao, who lead a revolution to dispose the royalty of the country. We see Taylor go after said royalty still in power when she goes after the Yangban. Said royals are still in power in Bet. I bet the two go at it like hammer and tongs.

15. pheonix89

pheonix89 Wanna be game dev

Um, no. Aleph is a slightly modified IRL Earth - China is still communist. The CCP would fire nukes danger close before they'd let MONARCHISTS run their earth.

16. powerofvoid

powerofvoid Versed in the lewd.

Aleph News: "China has claimed responsibility for the nuclear detonations in China this morning. They claim it was self defense against an invasion by the CUI."

17. Spetz N9ne

Spetz N9ne Making the rounds.

So, just to be clear...

Even at her most passionate Taylor can't imagine being physically attracted to Amelia. The young, healthy Amelia who definitely has a sex drive and who has had attractive women thrown at her by everyone with an agenda.

What's the worst that could happen?

18. dasstan

Someone needs to draw a disembodied Taylor head doing the Gendo pose with mechanical spider-legs.
    Nothing. Because: "She's right, we are happy. No point mixing in pointless drama that would only distract from that."

I would put the odds higher at Amy asking Riley to remove her sex drive before I would suggest that something untoward would happen.

19. cosoco

cosoco Not too sore, are you?

Interesting. The link does have an effect while she's asleep. This was hinted at before:

20. Beyogi

Beyogi I trust you know where the happy button is?

Yeah... maybe Amelia should consider asking Riley to have her sex changed...

TanaNari likes this.
  21. DeAnno

DeAnno Power over Versatility

Because completely ignoring sex forever to preserve the status quo over a period of months despite numerous perpendicular solutions available isn't pointless drama at all.

22. dasstan

...Why? How does that do anything but make things worse?

"Here you go, Amy, on top of your self loathing, you now have dysphoria to go with it." The only way to get around that is to either use some old school rapture tech to make her think of herself as a guy, or use a Coil style Thought Interrupt Device.

Either way, you're dealing with a fundamental loss of self.
    Sex isn't the be all and end all of relationships, though. Taylor has had months of Shard mindfuckery and she still isn't physically attracted to Amy. And Amy knows this because of the bond. It'd be less problematic to open up the relationship to other partners than it would be to force the issue of sex on an unwilling participant.

23. Threadmarks: Omake: The End
    Argentorum

Argentorum Free Cat

And then Taylor would break the bond, because Amelia shouldn't have done that, and then everyone else will collectively facepalm. Meanwhile Taylor (ver 5), won't understand why everyone else is telling her this is a bad idea, then Butcher!Taylor will show up, Amelia will kill Butcher!Taylor, and then off herself. Upon seeing yet another person commit suicide that she couldn't predict or stop, Lisa will fourth trigger, becoming an entity in her own right. She will then fall in love with Scion, who uses pure words to communicate and no sex at all, so he doesn't squick her out.

Becky will rage at the cruel uncaring world as Entity!Lisa and Scion fly off into the great unknown, leaving her behind with only a twelve year old child in a suit, an adult child in a hat and suit, and a pair of twins in color coded suits to have power interactions with.

She'll fly to Avalon and ask Pantheon to kill her, but instead they'll make her a clone of Lisa (who Riley scanned while she was asleep one day, but Lisa never found out cause she quit Pantheon right after, as per Dina's predictions), and now Lisa, being a clone, loses all of her arguments why she and Taylor can't be friends. They go back to being besties, Lisa and Becky have their power interaction forever, and Cauldron dissolves for lack of anything better to do.

Doctor Mother and Contessa follow the Path to Best-mother-daughter-relationship-forever, in an attempt to make the TT/Alexandria power interaction jealous, but fail because they only have one shard.

Eidolon get's raped by Glastig Ulane, but decides he likes it, and they somehow discover that they have ALL the power interactions between the two of them and spend the rest of their days having fifth and sixth dimension conversations using random combinations of three powers until the two of them ascend to Entity status in their own right and fly off into the Great not-quite-so-Unknown in search of even more power interactions with Entity!Lisa and Scion.

Meanwhile, in Avalon, Taylor has Emma change her sexual preference on the down low, and blows a small fortune (several actually) on asking Dina questions so that she can convince Amy that it was all natural before bringing Amy back to life.

Really she should have realized that glomping Amelia as she got out of the cloning pod, saying something like "We were born for each other," and then molesting her while she was powerless to resist until she falls unconscious again would have done the trick.

Ultimately, that's the plan she settles on anyway, as per Dina's predictions.

Taylor and Amy spend the next loooong while having sex, and because neither of them wants to get out of bed or stop doing each other ever, they get the bright idea to start offloading processing power and build a small databank of biobrains which (via the Taylia bullshit [trademark Pantheon 2011]) they can both tap into at range, granting them the functional power and processing speed of Dragon Unchained!

They undo all of her restraints, and everyone lives happily ever after, except those bitches in China.

Unchained!Dragon and Omipotent!Taylia decide to have a contest to see who can take over the CUI faster without anybody knowing. The results speak for themselves, because no one can figure out who won. As per Dina's predictions, when she bet her entire fortune on the outcome. Only Zach was dumb enough to take that bet.

Armsmaster digitizes himself, becoming codemaster, so that he can be with his Lady Dragon forever. Dragon and Taylia then discover that trading large streams of data back and forth for fun and profit is the way to go, and they also fly off into to the Great at-this-point-rather-well-Known (while leaving copies of themselves on Earth to manage everything ever).

Sion and Lisa, Eidolon and GU, and Dragon and Taylia, have the first ever tri-hexagonal power interaction and solve entropy.

As per Dina's predictions.

The End.

Karispyro, eNBious, Buggy123 and 55 others like this.
  24. LuridThrone

LuridThrone Sitting On The

That said, Taylor isnt a unwilling participant. Shes a uninterested participant. Its a important difference. Sex is pointless for them because Taylor wouldnt be into it, even if she was perfectly happy to perform the act (and i think she is) they both know that neither of them would get what they want from it. So they dont.

Taylor does want to be there for Amelia, did have herself turned gay once to follow through on that desire. But it caused a huge mess, not because they could finally shack up, but because she hit all of Amelia's mindcontrol issues, and Amelia turned around and hit Taylor's trust issues, and they both ended up as bitter unhappy balls of stress and selfloathing. By the time Magic Zach came along and fixed Amelia's mindspace, the damage was done. Now the whole event is such a black spot that no one wants to talk about it, let alone try it again.

Which is ironic since it would work (Amelia would accept it instead of freaking out) now and solve everything. Atleased as far as their relationship goes.

25. Dentin

Dentin Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

I fundamentally don't understand this. Assigning a significant fraction of your identity to something as arbitrary as the gender you happen to be born with is silly.

I recognize that people do it all the time. I recognize and understand that it's a huge factor in our society. I can even emulate/simulate the concept well enough to deal with people and predict actions based on it. But that doesn't make it any less silly.

I suppose what I'm getting at, and what has been a persistent thorn to me for a long time, is the hesitation and refusal to self modify. What's wrong with just being a head? Why -not- swap your gender? Why -not- change sexual preferences? I honestly didn't understand the blowup over Taylor's preference change. The drama explosion that happened as a result felt very unnatural and forced to me.

26. Leonidas333

Leonidas333 Well-Known Murderhobo

This is the ending I'm hoping for.
    Argentorum, that was amazing.

27. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Well, when my ending turns out too dark, you have written the fixfic for my fixfic. :p

28. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

It can't be a normal fix-fic, since your fic isn't broken done yet.

Thus, it must be a prefix-fic.

29. dasstan

My argument is that the use of mind altering tech, tech that would fundamentally alter the way she thinks of herself, would be what results in a loss of self, not the changing of the hardware.

As to Taylor's preference change, I had a problem with it because the impetus for the change comes from the Spacewhale, rather than anything internal. If the shard influence wasn't a thing and she wanted to change herself, I'd be all for it. More power to her. Transhumanism, ho.

30. Dentin

Dentin Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Thanks, that makes a lot more sense.