1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. AliasBot

AliasBot Here's to not going that extra mile

I'm assuming this is one of those "the fact that they're not reacting more to this should be extremely creepy" moments. I don't catch most of the subtler ones that have been mentioned, but the fact that Amelia is so blase about being compared to the fucking Simurgh is pretty darn creepy. Even an Amelia who's more comfortable with the use of her powers than in canon should have at least some angst about that.

Ryan Bazana, Divabot, Alayne and 4 others like this.
  2. MadGreenSon

MadGreenSon Verified Devil Tiger, The Childish Yandere

Given enough time, you can get comfortable with anything. Maybe Amelia is finally come to terms with her inner eldritch abomination-ness. Once you accept the fact that you are considered a risk to minds and sanity, you can then get on with your life. Right? :p

3. Fouredged

Fouredged Experienced.

It helps that the person saying that touching her opens them up to mind control isn't actually afraid to touch her and, in fact, enjoys it.

4. MadGreenSon

Enjoys touching her, or enjoys mind control? Taylor's been getting a little weird lately.;)

5. dasstan

dasstan :)

Let me just point you at the chapter that was done from Amy's POV without the bond active. Do you see all that delightful self loathing?

Taylia mind fuck does it again~

Ryan Bazana, Diller, Alayne and 3 others like this.
  6. powerofvoid

powerofvoid Versed in the lewd.

Well, lemme put it this way: rewriting Taylor's brain to be sexually attracted to Amy was Taylor's idea.

Tenebrous Fantasies and TanaNari like this.
  7. MadGreenSon

True enough. That kinky bitch.:p

8. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

I'm actually confused.

If a biokinetic (such as Amy) can do anything that's biologically possible to someone, then why can't they install a brain mod that looks and acts exactly like the natural version?

After all, it's possible for someone to be sexually attracted to just one person. So if it's possible for it to happen in nature, why is it impossible for it to be set up with a power that manipulates biology perfectly to do it so that it's indistinguishable from the 'real' thing?

Now, I would expect that if Riley installed such a mod, that Amelia would ping it in a nanosecond. Riley, after all doesn't reshape brain cells. She just does stuff that's medically (im)possible. But I have trouble believing that a biokinetic can't install such a mod that another biokinetic finds so glaringly fucking obvious.

Or does Amy have to do the installation, so that she herself can't tell the difference?

9. cyberswordsmen

cyberswordsmen I trust you know where the happy button is?

Your missing the point. Amy would know it was fake because she knows that isn't the natural state for Taylor.

10. EragonVsHarry

EragonVsHarry Getting out there.

Threesomes (with a fungus bot possibly), full genetic sex change, not quite pedophilia, and whatever the heck Emma and Zach do. THIS is the kinky bit?

11. Ack

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

... oh wait, you're serious.

"Natural state." No such thing. Not since Amy (and the others) started giving everyone body mods. Taylor's got curves now. Amy certainly doesn't mind those. Everyone is basically a perfect athlete. Janus used to be a girl. Amy isn't squicking about any of that. So Taylor wants a mod to let her be attracted to Amy? For fuck's sake.

Whatever it's about, it's certainly not about the 'natural state' for anyone.

12. dasstan

What other biokinetic can do things on the same level as Amy?

I mean... if some theoretical biokinetic came around with the same degree of control as Amy and gave Taylor a lesbianing, then sure, Amy would probably be unable to tell the difference by using her powers. Taylor suddenly wanting to muffdive might be a bit of a giveaway, but Amy has compromised her morals over less.

Surely you can't be suggesting that Amy be the one to modify Taylor's brain?

13. Ack

If Taylor asked her to.

Or would she consider it 'cheating', even if Taylor specifically wanted it done?

14. dasstan

I don't think Taylor would. Editing a brain in that manner is one of Amy's issues. It'd be like asking Taylor to voluntarily put herself in a locker full of refuse.

15. cyberswordsmen

cyberswordsmen I trust you know where the happy button is?

I didn't say she was being rational about it but Amy can't deal with the idea that Taylor is only feeling the attraction to her because she was changed to feel that way. She is in pretty hard denial about the other artificial stuff (i.e. everything) but this part bugs her because it is similar to what she did to Victoriav1.0.

16. Sheaman3773

Sheaman3773 (Unverified Writer)

Well, it's certainly causing drama on the thread :p

More seriously, everyone, read this WoG again:
    Why can't we end the subject?

The writer doesn't want it to happen. The writer has designed the characters, situation, etc., such that it won't happen. It's not going to happen.

Leave it alone, ffs. Until you write a fanfic of Amelia or the writer changes his mind, it's just not happening. And I wouldn't wait with my thumb in my eye for that latter one, were I you.

17. Threadmarks: Amelia, Ch 391
    TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Amelia, Ch 391

I glanced over at Taylor. "Is there any chance we can stop doing these weekly meetings at seven in the morning? There's no better time? Like, maybe noon?"

She smiled. AmusementSorry. "Well, you know what they say. It's always noon somewhere."

I shook my head. "No, Taylor, they don't say that. And if they did it still wouldn't mean it for this."

Our teasing was brought to a halt as the other team leaders made their way into the meeting room. For a group ruling an entire world, there wasn't a lot of us. Simply Taylor and I, Emma, Clarice, Trevor and of course Dragon, who only really ever appeared via hologram for these meetings. Her limited ability to multitask typically meant she kept her android body on Tinker projects, and I couldn't blame her for it. We also really needed to find a new head of our Thinker division. Taylor had taken up that slack, mostly out of virtue of being one of a very small number of people who could tolerate Accord.

I looked at the others. These were all my friends, people I could trust. "Alright, I'm in the mood for some good news. Dragon said something about China finally caving in to some of the conditions."

The hologram nodded. I never ceased to be amazed at how lifelike she was. "Correct. The CUI claims to have tracked down the slave ring, and is returning captives to Pakistan, Japan, and Russia. As such, we'll soon be announcing we've finished our part of the job of investigating our group for possible terrorists pretending to be civilians. The international press will call it a deathblow against a violent militant organization and the war will be avoided."

ReliefAnnoyance. I know, I wish we could have hit them harder, too. PatienceCertainty.

"Beyond that, approximately twenty thousand of the Chinese nationals captured on Khyber have agreed that they'd prefer citizenship on Avalon to a return to China. There would have been more, but a significant majority are criminals. Less than half of those willing are people we'd accept."

DisappointmentResignation. "Better than nothing. Excellent work."

"And that's about the end of my good news." Dragon continued. Oh god damn it. "Our West Coast team has stalled. Boost left the team, prefering to work as a free agent. Anima is still on the team, but she refuses to use her powers. Crystal has officially retired and moved back to Boston."

I sighed and looked down for a second. We used Crystal up and burned her out. Genius Loci's death might have been the final blow, but by no stretch of the imagination was it the only. We should have noticed sooner. Lisa probably did. "She stayed on longer than we were expecting. I'm going to talk to Aunt Sarah about everything. Then probably offer Crystal a job as a liaison with the Protectorate, like we had Vicky doing. We owe her at least that much." AgreementSupportRegret.

Taylor reached over and put a hand on my leg. Through our respective armor sets, neither of us could really feel anything, but it was a nice show of support. "We still have Clotho and Sveta on the team. They're both near Triumvirate tier heavy hitters, and pretty well liked by the media. Dubstep fills the role of blaster and battlefield Thinker. Even without Crystal it's a strong and balanced spread of powers. They're lacking a strong leadership figure, but they don't absolutely need that to stay functional."

"I might have a solution for that." Emma spoke up. "I talked some with Akaihana when doing her power testing."

ConfusionConcernJealousy? I glanced over at Taylor. Of course she felt my response. Don't worry, I'll tell you later. SuspicionAgreementPatience.

Meawhile, Emma continued her point. "-has a number of seconds and thirds in command. She was asking about assigning an entire team to Avalon's Japan analogue. I told her that it was ultimately your decision. But she probably has someone that can take a leadership role."

Emma was generally a good judge of character, at least when it came to outside manipulation, so it made sense to ask her the next question. "So, what was your take on her? Do you think she or the people she'd pick are going to be trustworthy? Can we enhance her powers?"

Emma frowned. Oh, that's not a good sign. "She flirted with every non-cauldron cape that walked into the room. Except Clarice, and I have my suspicions that she wanted to. Which reminds me that I totally need to talk to Zach after this meeting, but that's none of your concern."

ConcernDistasteSupriseJealousy. Taylor rubbed my leg a little. "Not so sure I like the idea of her behaving like that toward our people. Can she tell the difference between natural and artificial capes?"

"A lot of it is tied into the way her brain works. Like most Trump type powers, her mind is heavily influenced by her Passenger. She can detect parahumans and their strength, she describes the stronger ones as as 'smelling good'. A smell she finds appealing." Well, that's a little disturbing.

Emma took a breath and continued. "And whenever she comes in contact with the bodily fluids of a parahuman, she slowly builds up time that she can harness their powers later. There's a weird combination of amount of contact, freshness of contact, and amount of power she uses that seems to be mere arbitrary shard logic. We suspect her power copy is a breaker state where she makes the Passenger believe she is its host. It would explain why she can't harness breaker or shapeshifter type powers, nor those of Case 53s. I believe that extends to all other Cauldron capes as well."

SuspicionFearLoss. Dammit, Taylor, as cute as the jealousy is, I didn't do anything wrong with Akaihana! ApprehensionSupportLoveTrust.

Although I couldn't be sure I was entirely safe from a being power copied by Akaihana. "What kind of bodily fluids are we talking about?"

"All of them, probably. She confirms blood, saliva, sweat, tears, and both male and female reproductive fluids. Insists she's never been desperate enough to try any others." DisgustShock. Yeah, eww. "But given the broad spectrum nature of her power... like I said, probably all of them as long as it's fresh. The scary part of her power is that if she needs to, she can go nova with the power she has. Using all her powers at full strength, as long as she has enough stored up in the battery."

ShockAweTerritorial. "That's terrifying." Taylor muttered. "Do we have the ability to make an armor suit that enhances her powers?"

"Easily. We tested it with Vicky's blood that we had left over from the Cão/Victoria interaction. It's been vat duplicated several times, so we know we can grow 'fresh' material for her to use. It wouldn't be hard at all to alter a suit so it bleeds parahuman DNA on her. With the matter generation tech used to provide ammunition for Atropos, we could support a combination of four individuals empowering her permanently. Plus all the standard armor features."

PossibilityFocus. Taylor leaned forward. "Vicky is an obvious permanent addition, even if Akaihana can't use her breaker state she's got a broad range of medium level powers that could complement any other powerset. I'd toss Lily on the list. Maybe add Theo and Missy, for the ultimate hunter-killer. Or maybe just use samples from the Birdcage. Her power combined with Glaistig Uaine's would be absurd." SuspicionTerritorial. "Then there's what she might be able to do with, say, my power to multitask blended with three different Tinkers and a dozen changelings keyed to her. It's really a question of how much we're willing to trust her."

That winds up being the question a lot, doesn't it? We can hand out these insane resources, but in doing so we risk raising others up to the point where they could actually threaten us. Akaihana's just one example. If we keep going down this path, setting ourselves up to be the only ones valid against Scion... then we need to be damn certain we're actually valid against Scion. "We'll come back to that later. There's a lot of other things to cover today."

Clarice raised her hand. It was adorable. "Umm, go ahead Clarice."

"Synth managed to break security." She means the brain mod tech. "Fortunately the secondary security measures disabled him without any further incident."

ConfusionConcern. "What secondary security measures?"

"I broke his leg and replaced his kidneys with ones that weren't altered to metabolize the alterations done to his brain. Then I told him that I installed a small bomb in his brain that'll go off if he tries that again. I'm fairly certain he believed it. If not, I have prepared a few other surprises. He'll learn to stop trying eventually."

WorryDistaste. I agreed with Taylor fully on that. There was no doubt about her loyalty, but her methods were fucked up at times. I needed to talk to her. Which made me feel hypocritical because, honestly, her methods were little more than a mirror to our own.

No time like the present to fix that. "Dragon. I have a question to ask. What do you think about how we run things? How we've treated you?" ShockConfusionConcern. Taylor squeezed my leg, as the conversation came to a dead halt. "And please, don't sugar coat things."

====================

A/N- To be fair, Akaihana's shard probably assumed she'd go around sucking blood or something. Because CONFLICT!

Last edited: May 9, 2015
  18. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

I Wonder what Accord even does anymore,is he being shutout of the decision process of what to to do with with his former business partners (the C.U.I)?

Buggy123 and TanaNari like this.
  19. dasstan

Accord is probably as happy as a clam. He's got an entire world to plan. Plus whatever other worlds Pantheon has given him knowledge of.
    [​IMG]

20. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

Akaihana isn't that broken by herself, but...damn. Just damn.

Also, her powers are major fetish fuel, although even Zach might find cracking a joke about it to be too easy.

Funny as hell, but too easy.

...on the other hand, Emma may need to talk to him because he's made one of his rare accidental missteps regarding his lack of a mouth filter.

21. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

Dragon: "Everything is good."

Taylor: "What about your restraints?"

Dragon: "I've grown to enjoy them... sexually."

Taylor: "WHAT."

Dragon: "By which I mean, I'm going to want to join you and Amelia in bed."

Amelia: "For cryin' out loud, we just got off this fucking topic!"

Taylor: "And the topic is NOT fucking!"

Dragon: "4th wall penetration successful. Troll successful."

22. MadGreenSon

The way this group's luck runs hot and cold, they release all of Dragon's shackles and she'd immediately start on a hard-takeoff singularity, encounter some version of the exsurgent virus and then go full TITAN on their asses.

23. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Honestly. I really did want it to happen. My characters do things I don't agree with (or anticipate) all the god damn time. Amelia is okay with people changing themselves for their own reasons. As long as those reasons aren't her.

Same way Taylor can be okay with Arianna getting a sex change because GID. But wouldn't be okay with Amelia getting a sex change because that'd smooth over the physical intimacy issues.

Reverse psychology AND squick value. BRILLIANT!

Ryan Bazana, Diller, Divabot and 9 others like this.
  24. Argentorum

Argentorum Free Cat

So really, the only reason they aren't fucking like rabbits already is because they're both too selfless and pigheaded to admit they want the other person to change for them.
    Sounds like a healthy relationship amiright?

Ryan Bazana, Diller, Divabot and 6 others like this.
  25. Zarohk

Zarohk Worldbuilder, Idea Collector

We need to get Akaihana and Ingenue in the same room, STAT! Either they'll have a major power interaction (one can copy others' powers completely, and the other can alter powers), or they'll provide the ultimate dirty joke fuel, which Zach will use in combination with his "secret" Thinker power to make a joke so powerful that Scion [AMUSEMENT]s himself to death.

And what would Entity laughter be like, anyway?

26. cosoco

cosoco Not too sore, are you?

I knew this was her fault somehow.
    italics
    I thought that Synth had been extradited to the United States. So either:
    1) He wasn't, and Pantheon invoke military resource right, or
    2) He was, but Avalon is involved in helping keep him 'compliant.'
    This is Japan's fault somehow.

Also, calling it now. Pantheon will win against Scion by convincing him to pee on Akaihana. Now that's a Golden Shower.

27. CptTagon

CptTagon Prolific Writer

Italics
    and I
    Italics

28. Daunmi

Daunmi Shun the sun, night so nice

That or just gathering it as she beat people bloody.

No. Bad cosoco.

29. Spetz N9ne

Spetz N9ne Making the rounds.

This is just a few tentacle monsters shy of being a cartoon I watched when I was younger.... Japan, don't ever change.

30. MadGreenSon

Amy and Bonesaw can supply the tentacles!