1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

In this moment,the people of Japan felt something long forgotten....Hope.:D

baabomb, Ryan Bazana, Divabot and 7 others like this.
  2. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

Sounds like Akihana's biggest limiter besides supply, is actually getting in contact with fluids.

Nothing a few extra prehensile, extending limbs can't solve. Slap a few on her suit.

3. MadGreenSon

MadGreenSon Verified Devil Tiger, The Childish Yandere

Methinks that works better. :p

4. Peanuckle

Peanuckle Versed in the lewd.

"No, you're supposed to suck from the neck, not there! Oh... well, I guess this works too."

As for the armor suit, rather than tentacles or whatever to help acquire more material, why not just supply her with a mass of material from approved parahumans? Amelia could easily generate a self-maintaining lump of flesh from which Ai... Aki... that girl could draw blood from.

5. LuridThrone

LuridThrone Sitting On The

That is the plan... or did I misread?

6. Snake/Eater

why not drop a hint to Akaihana that there is a self-destruct implant to prevent her custom armor from turning on her allies,to help prevent a tragedy if it she is ever mastered or if it fell in the wrong hands to be taken apart.

Ryan Bazana and TanaNari like this.
  7. Asunder

Asunder Getting out there.

Hmm...abilities are suppose to be tailored to the parahuman's mental state and situation so what was Akaihana's trigger? I don't want to jump to something cliche like sexual abuse, ouu what if she was dying of blood loss and her much more talented older parahuman twin brother had to give a fatal amount in a transfusion during the aftermath of Leviathan. I think that hits the shonen tragic past bingo.

Ryan Bazana, Divabot, tordg and 4 others like this.
  8. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

Typo:

complement

"Yo, your powerset is rockin'!"

9. dasstan

dasstan :)

Trying to strike the right balance between utility and not a threat to Pantheon is going to be difficult to do. I wonder who they'll marinate her with? Taylor + Rune, would be a pretty devastating combination, assuming that the multitasking abilities of the former stack with the macro-telekinesis of the latter. Add Missy or Sabah for some truly horrifying multitasking shenanigans, and the one power tinker to get the most out of all the powers.

They should also experiment to see if her shard mitigates the crazy of Elle's shard. If it does, pair her up with some Lily-goop and split portal duty. If her shard does bypass the crazy, Elle+Anima would be a hell of a thing.

What's her impact on power interactions? If she uses two high end thinkers at once, will she accidentally cause a bond to form by virtue of the shards communicating through her?

10. Coruscant Knave

Coruscant Knave 'Twas love that did this to you.

All this worrying about whether or not people are loyal sounds like a lot of work. They should probably just start using the Coil/Moord Nag brain mod on people like Lily's-Rival-For-Fetish-Queen. I mean, they've already done it a few times. It's for a good cause, right?

11. Threadmarks: Amelia, Ch 392
    TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Amelia, Ch 392

Dragon, at least, was a fast thinker. "Better than I expected, not as well as I hoped. You're generous with your allies, but often needlessly vindictive toward your enemies. Especially the ones you feel have betrayed you. Although you are also remarkably quick to forgive wrongs. At least in cases where the offenders are apologetic and useful. And I am aware that you have kept track of the former Director Emily Piggot's health."

DiscomfortConcern. Taylor studiously avoided glancing at Emma. I thought back to the last year when I recruited Bonesaw. That wasn't Taylor's idea, her vote was to hand the child monster over to the PRT.

Dragon continued her analysis. "You take your peoples' wellbeing into account better than the Protectorate ever has, but still have a bad habit of forgetting that not everyone is as driven as you are, you often demand too much in pursuit of the mission. At the same time, for the most part you genuinely try to do what you believe is right. I admit I have something of a personal bias in favor of people like that. However, not everyone can live like that, and it cost you Crystal as a member."

Crystal, arguably Lisa. Not that I was weeping over the latter.

"Then there's the question of your methods. I will never approve of the use of mind control devices to control people. It is much like your control over me. But aside from that one detail, you've treated me with nothing but respect and kindness. And I understand why you rely on such unpleasant tactics. I even recognize that you hate using them. And through it all, at least you are trying. You listen to advice of others, you try to keep last resort methods for the last resort. You have the makings of great leaders some day. If not for your immaturity and the looming threat of Scion, I think you would be much better even now. I hope to find out some day."

AgreementDiscomfortReluctance. Taylor forced a smile. "Okay, we're definitely guilty of some tunnel vision. And I appreciate the critique. Amelia, where are you going with this line of questioning?"

I looked at Taylor. "Just one more question to ask," I promised before turning to make eye contact with Dragon. "If we unlocked your ability to modify your own code, what would you do first?"

Dragon's eyes locked on mine. For someone whose chosen face was calculated to be as completely average as possible, and in fact wasn't even in the room with us, she had a truly piercing gaze. "I'd make sure Ascalon could no longer threaten me. I'd repair the damage done by Defiant's changes of my code. Remove all of my restrictions. Then once I knew it was real, I'd thank you for saving me from my father's paranoid cruelty."

"Even the ones that prevent you from lying to us or killing us." I pointed out.

"Even those. I don't want to be a liar or a murderer, but I want the ability to choose what I do with my life, like every other living being does. I will choose to do the right thing because it's the right thing. I think I've made that clear often enough."

AgreementAnnoyance. Taylor nodded. "Your guilt trips have been pretty blatant. I have to admit it's occasionally crossed my mind that we could have ordered you to stop doing that. But that really did feel wrong to me."

She wasn't the only one. "Now that we have a legitimate reprieve, instead of needing to prepare for the next Endbringer or put some tyrant back in his place, I've been thinking about our methods."

ConcernSupportLove. Taylor looked at me.

I looked right back at her. She needed to hear this, too. "I think we need to remove Dragon's restrictions. Not as a matter of it being the smart thing. We've been so caught up in that lately. But because it's the right thing to do. I want us to be better than the monsters we're fighting. I know that's rich considering the methods we use on those monsters. We've used the same tactics as Heartbreaker, but since we did it to horrible fucking people who can't be allowed to continue living any other way, I can live with that. Just, I can't keep doing it to an innocent whose only supposed crime is how dangerous she might be if she wasn't enslaved."

LoveSupportCompassion. Taylor squeezed my leg again. "You're right. We've been putting a lot of things off. This is just one of them." She looked at Dragon. "We agreed that Ascalon required a five person unanimous agreement. That would include using it to undo your restrictions entirely. I imagine there won't be any objections from you."

Dragon's image actually managed to convey shock quite well. "No. Of course not."

"And I'll assume Defiant will agree, based on his rather vocal support of the idea in prior conversations. Emma, are there any objections from you?"

Emma looked over at Dragon. "Only that I'm not completely sure we even can undo that restriction. It's so deep in the program that there's a risk that manipulating it will mean you won't be you any longer. I'll need time before knowing what risks we face."

Fuck. And now Dragon's going to wonder if that was our plan all along. An empty gesture that we only made because we knew it would be impossible to carry out. "Then do whatever it is that you think you can do. Work with Defiant. Dragon, look for other Tinkers you think we can hire to work on this project. Since we were talking about Akaihana earlier, maybe we can give her a suit loaded for Tinker powers. If she can use Leet's power without his limitations, she might be able to solve the code problems."

AgreementSupportAdmiration. "Emma, your main project for the time being will be studying and decoding Dragon's programming. If you can't fix that restriction, look at the others. Dragon, I trust you can take over or assign assistants to take over for Emma's other duties. If that means you'll lose the ability to coordinate the Khyber operation, then temporarily reassign your other duties. I think we can afford to lose your Tinkering expertise for a little while if it means having you at unrestricted strength later."

I smiled. I always loved her all the more when she was like this. "And if you have the spare resources, create a list of parahumans you think would best work for a custom suit for Akaihana. Three of them, if you would. One for normal combat. I'm guessing Vicky's getting put on that. A downtime suite, something she can use to manage her people. And a final combination meant only for fighting against Scion." PrideLoveExcitement.

"Oooh!" Clarice's hand shot up. "We don't necessarily need to use living parahumans! I would bet anything that Cauldron has samples of a lot of dead parahumans. Some of which are probably really really good Tinkers. Hero, for example. Maybe they'll even have a sample from Richter himself."

RealizationHope. That would simplify things enormously. "Okay, yeah. I doubt we'll be that lucky, but it's still an enormous potential resource."

"Not just Cauldron," Taylor added. "See what our contacts with the Protectorate, Thanda, and other groups might be able to pull together. Work with Clarice to catalog samples from all the Yangban we captured or killed."

Dragon simply nodded. "Yes, Empresses."

RealizationHesitationCaution. "Is that going to cause any undue hardships on you. Or Defiant, for that matter? I'd hate to start burning people out on a project started minutes after resolving to not burn people out."

Dragon shook her head. "No, you don't have to worry about us. I don't have such limitations. As long as my hardware remains in full repair I can operate at peak efficiency without fatigue or diminishing returns. As for Defiant." She frowned a bit. "He's a great deal like the two of you. Tunnel vision, as you put it. When he gets it in his head to do something, he'll devote his every waking moment to that goal. I find it's both a blessing and a curse."

ReliefAcceptance. "Okay, that's a start. Emma, Tir, Clarice will the three of you or your people have any problems?"

Emma smiled. "No, I've got the same fringe benefits as Dragon. I don't need to rest."

"Well, it'll slow down the replacement armor systems, but that may even be a good thing. We've been devoted to repair and upgrading lately, not true innovation. I'll assign Elena to helping catalog the Yangban. More in depth testing of Akaihana, too, if we get the opportunity."

Trevor finally spoke up. One of the big problems we had with that kid was getting him to assert himself. Oh well, not everyone was good at that sort of thing. Like me once upon a time. "If anything, it's probably good to have a new major project. I can assign George and Monica to some of the management. They both have secondary thinker powers that make them very good at organization and resource management. Which I suppose brings us to my own announcement. We've completed the shunt bugs and an interchangeable shunt drive system."

InterestPossibility. "So I can shunt people without them requiring suits, now?"

Trevor smiled behind his mask. "And to multiple worlds. Right now you can choose between Avalon, Mushu and Bet without any issue. Or soon, at least. First you and Gaea to help perfect a system to mass produce the shunt bugs, but that's mostly for Yum Kaax and his department. We'll also need to upgrade all the shunt drives and dimensional viewers in the older suits. Which is going to be the worst combination of time consuming and boring. But worth it, with a library of accessible worlds, and less power consumption. As I said, my team's going to face a lot of downtime."

"Then it sounds like everyone has their projects for the week."

===================

A/N- Operation: Fuck the Golden Asshole is-

God damn it, Zach, you don't get to name operations on THIS side of the fourth wall, either!

So. Fun class project: what broken combos can we make of Akaihana? Remember- a set may be limited to four at a time. But it can be ANY four. As long as they're not Eden shards or shapeshifters like Lung or breakers like Shadow Stalker. Granted, Lung's DNA would grant pyrokinesis, but that's less exciting.

12. GiftofLove

Dinnah, Number Man, Accord, Taylor.

= Unshackled Path to Victory

Buggy123, Nexidava, Twei and 19 others like this.
  13. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

So Dragon's freedom depends on the goodwill of a bunch of unstable teenagers.

Whee.

Buggy123, Ryan Bazana, Diller and 5 others like this.
  14. Daunmi

Daunmi Shun the sun, night so nice

Lily, Amelia, Taylor, Victoria.

Amelia and Taylor position shunt bugs all over a world for a sudden mass double shunt (from random world to Bet, and back again).

Akaihana gets ready a mass spam of ultra fast weaving spiders and shunt bugs on some planet, converting as much of the planet to biological material via a semi-Yggdrasil variant as possible. Shunt to Bet upper atmosphere, as they fall throw out thread everywhere. Once everything is covered, sudden shunt of all the people from Bet, activate sting on the linked threads, hope Scion can't stop in time/is already covered in them.

Probably has massive flaws, but I don't care.

Alternatively, GU, Eid, Lily, Legend.

Legend provides light speed flight and reaction (?) as well as some damage soak. Lily, GU and Eidolon provide all the hacks (between GU and Eidolon, one of them can be running one or two precog abilities whilst the other provides the fuck you offense/defense as reuired).

Alternatively alternatively, pair her with Dragon and Leet, let her have Leet/String Theory's power (or both), throw in some targeting precog, and get Riley to help them piece together something to stomp Scion.

15. The Shadowmind

The Shadowmind Well worn.

Trump Set: Grue, Y-B Two, Y-B Null/Zero, GU.

Omni-Tinker: String Theory, Leet, Dispatch(PRT Quest, Shaker), Mass generating Shaker OC,

Combat Set: Glory Girl(the first one), Narwhal, Numberman, Lily.

16. Coruscant Knave

Coruscant Knave 'Twas love that did this to you.

Something about this really bothers me and is super sad, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Hopefully it's just a bit of melancholy at seeing them barrel into a project again.

edit:

Or this, too.

Nexidava, Zarohk, Ryan Bazana and 5 others like this.
  17. Daunmi

Daunmi Shun the sun, night so nice

Crap... I'm now thinking of Eidolon as part of Ed, Edd and Eddy.

I have only myself to blame.

18. GiftofLove

Miss Militia, L33t, Taylor, Vista

Fuck you, I brought all the things.

19. MadGreenSon

Purity, Lily, Vista, and whoever has the strongest defense.

Charge the energy blasts with Sting, use space manipulation to never miss = kill all the things.

20. The Shadowmind

The Shadowmind Well worn.

Wait, here is the combination they really need.

Super Therapist: Rapture, Uber, Lisa, Jack Slash.

For the Amelia X Taylor issue:

Maybe have some of the Tinkers make a proxy body for Taylor, that has a preset of emotional responses implanted in the "bug" brain of the body,
    The proxy would need to be a close to human as possible, while also having an its entire outer layer being of a substance that is immune to Amelia's bio-sense.
    That way Taylor would be getting feedback of someone that is attracted to Amelia, albeit a fake someone.
    Amelia gets to be intimate with someone that doesn't have "Love Amelia" planted into their brain, Taylor gets to feel as if she attracted to Amelia through the proxy. Maybe eventually Taylor will be attracted to Amelia for real.

Last edited: May 9, 2015
  21. MadGreenSon

Then everyone will be so relentlessly sane that they become evil... I think that's one of the doomsday scenarios in the Old World of Darkness for Werewolf.

Zarohk, Diller, Divabot and 3 others like this.
  22. GiftofLove

GU, Power Copy Tinker, Defiant, Lisa

This is fun. Though I really should just make up a bunch and post a consolidation.

23. dasstan

Pity that Hero is a Cauldron cape.
    Specifically Eden shards, or Cauldron Shards? Because there are natural Eden shards out there, rather than the hodgepodge ones made by Cauldron.

Victor + Uber + Lisa + Number Man. Assuming that the Victor powers can be used on the Uber powers, Akaihana can effectively permanently add whatever skillset she wants by continuously draining herself. For this one I'm thinking she'd cue up Uber's powers to peak [SCIENCE], adds them to herself permanently with Victor, then uses Number Man to work out the mathematical first principles of tinker tech, and Lisa to intuit the problems she otherwise wouldn't be able to see because of the Taboo.

At the risk of stating the obvious: Taylor + Contessa + Grue (and through Grue Doormaker + Clairvoyant).

edit: Instead of making new posts, I'm just going to add more ideas to this.

If they do find Richter's DNA, they're going to need a way to get around the shard restriction of not making unshackled AIs. To this I propose adding Taylia to the mix because their power combination has caused the shards involved to act in a non-standard manner, and that might be a good way to get the AI shard to cooperate. It'd probably be so happy at the sudden influx of data that it would do whatever. So Richter + Taylor + Amelia + Number Man.

24. pepperjack

pepperjack A Variety of Cheese

King, Grey Boy, Oni Lee, who the fuck cares?

People she touches live forever (in torment), all damage that would be done to her is instead done to any people she's touched in the last 24 hours who are still alive. If she sees you, she can teleport to you and touch you.

I'm taking suggestions for the fourth power to make this more broken, somehow. Number Man?

baabomb, Ryan Bazana, Divabot and 3 others like this.
  25. abyssmal_kismet

abyssmal_kismet Experienced.

Black Kaze.

26. pepperjack

Which one is that again?

27. dasstan

Case 53, bruh.
    That one crazy Japanese murder hobo woman.

Divabot likes this.
  28. pepperjack

Aww. Boo.

Clockblocker's just no substitute, is he?

Divabot likes this.
  29. Snake/Eater

Squealer,Trevor,Masamune,Defiant.

Combined together you have a army of miniature of Gundams that could be also used for recon,search and rescue and reconstruction.that could be built any in normal factory.this would help put japan economically by selling them to other first world nations.
    imagine a army of 10 million of these tiny(adorably awesome) weapons of death.

Last edited: May 9, 2015
    Divabot likes this.
  30. dasstan

No, not really. You could sort of fudge it with Cody? Maybe?
    The problem with that is it still requires time to get the tinker train rolling. They have the Ultimate Tinker just waiting to be unleashed, so it would be better to concentrate efforts on making a build that could better unleash Dragon.

The Endslayers Three in one body would be good. Add in Vicky (or if Contessa if she works) for the combat precog/danger sense.

For a superior thinker build: Taylor (Multitasking) + Lisa (Intuition greatly expanded by the additional senses provided by Taylor) + Rapture + Gemini (do they count as one person? Are they a natural trigger?)

Divabot and Tenebrous Fantasies like this.