1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. dasstan

dasstan :)

It's sad that the ones with the most stable and healthy relationship are Bonesaw, Nazi-Boy, and Child Soldier.

Emma and Zach have to fake sensation and suppress revulsion, respectively. Taylor and Amelia are codependent mutual mindscrewers. Dragon and Defiant engage in weird games of mutilation and reconstruction...

I suppose Rapture and Rey are doing okay?

2. Empiricist

Empiricist GSV

What about Lisa and Rebecca?

3. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

Stupid worm. Everyone is always kind of average, but not quite ugly. There are pretty normal people in the world too!

4. Hiver

Hiver Getting out there.

Playing at mother and daughter.

5. dasstan

Power interaction. Nothing healthy about a relationship based on spacewhales swapping sticky, filthy data. Also what Hiver said.

6. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

Lisa: "Except I call her Daddy in bed."

Taylor / Amelia / Lisa / Alexandria / Victoria / Chevalier (all together as one creepy unison voice): "It's perfectly normal!"

tordg, Faraway-R, Diller and 12 others like this.
  7. dasstan

Don't forget Anima/Citrine/Genius Loci.
    He's just resting.

8. gatewaewanderer

gatewaewanderer Wandering Fool & Intermediate Lurker

Or said vampire-girl flirted with both of them, and neither liked the way that the other interacted, possibly while simultaneously ignoring their own reactions or thinking them inconsequential.

Also I'm getting two possibilities off of aforementioned vampire-girl, may or not be true, dunno. First of all, possibly a CUI double agent, or maybe someone assigned by the fake Japanese Emperor to ensure they have some power over Pantheon? Also, might just be imagining it, but I'm getting the impression this girl is all about the fluids she's after, literally, and possibly follow through on a relationship started with un-attached Parahuman she's seducing for said fluids. Not sure why I get that impression though...

9. dasstan

I really doubt that. Her power seems too useful not to share with the rest of the class. Using Null and Two, all the other CUI members could end up with an additional parahuman power. And if they're intelligent, they'd use Akawaka to copy Two again, adding an entire extra wrinkle of exponential power sharing/boosting.
    That seems more believable. On the other hand, The Fake Emperor is content to leave Pantheon be as long as they leave him be, so adding a lever that's never going to be used is kind of a waste.

10. AyiosKat

AyiosKat Know what you're doing yet?

[​IMG]

Taylor's dress?

Also liked seeing Sveta just going about her daily business. Expands the world a little.

Faraway-R, Sol Mark-1, Rithan and 7 others like this.
  11. Rolo

Rolo Tasty Good

Something just occurred to me: the Eidolon clone made by Echidna in canon was killed by Skitter+Clockblocker. Highly doubt it was allowed by the clone to be killed in that way, which seems to negate the primacy theory.

12. evildice

Perhaps Eidolon's primacy is negated by another Eidolon. Thus, the existence of the Eidoclone created a brief period of vulnerability in the original Eidolon. Fortunately, though, the Eidoclone got ganked before anyone could exploit the symmetric loophole.

Zarohk and Tenebrous Fantasies like this.
  13. Rolo

Rolo Tasty Good

Logic would dictate that their primacy would be equivalent, unless his primacy is affected by his power draining like all his other abilities; so it would be a stalemate at best if they fought and a loss if anyone else tried. Recall that the Eidolon clone was at 'prime' power.

14. evildice

In the theory that I'm proposing, the Primacy power was indeed stalemated.

Neither Primacy power was effective: Eidolon got Echinda'd, and Eidoclone got Skitter'd.

Scion: "That feeling when a Primacy wielder gets Skitter'd. :( The smiley is golden because of my Primacy power. The smiley is sad because of my Primacy power."

Zarohk, doomlord9, Faraway-R and 3 others like this.
  15. Argentorum

Argentorum Free Cat

Space Whale Bullshit

pick one.

16. Rolo

Rolo Tasty Good

Space whale operates by its own rules, but the rules are defined. Tinkers (regarded as the most bullshit of powers) get their knowledge from previous cycle experience or drawn from other places in the world(s) that do have the knowledge. If Eidolon and Scion have primacy powers, and they work like Tananari has set up, and Amelia follows the verse as closely as possible, this little oversight needs addressing.

The whole way the primacy power works is it can't be defeated by anything but a stronger primacy power (Scion). Skitter and Clock managing it is incongruous with the theory, unless Eidoclone somehow didn't come with it.

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  17. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Fact- Eidolon wants Scion stopped. He wants to be a real hero. He wants a challenge. These are secondary, mind, to "stop Scion". Eidolon's own survival is secondary to stopping Scion.

Ergo- Ziz wants Scion stopped. Ziz wants Eidolon to be a real hero with a real challenge. In that order. Ziz is willing to kill Eidolon to stop Scion.

Ziz zizzes a Noelle. We get an Echidna.

Echidna creates Clonedolon to fight Eidolon. Because who better to challenge an Eidolon than another Eidolon? Right? Simple fact- if Eidolon didn't want to be copied, it would not have happened. So clearly he wanted a copy. Because twincest Worthy Opponent!!!

Clonedolon wants to fuck with Eidolon's life and ruin his desire to be seen as the greatest hero ever of all time. Clonedolon doesn't really care about his own life, only Noelle's. That's how her power works.

Conedolon reveals secrets about Cauldron, thus achieving his goals. Eidolon wants Clonedolon dead.

Clonedolon is killed because Primacy won't keep you alive if you don't care about living.

Last edited: May 12, 2015
    Lupercal, tordg, doomlord9 and 16 others like this.
  18. dasstan

Lewd.

19. Spetz N9ne

Spetz N9ne Making the rounds.

I know that Pantheon tries to be laid back with their members' personal lives, but I have to imagine that at some point someone should mention that letting two thirds of the Original Endslayers do the horizontal monster mash with a cape who copies powers through love-juices is maybe not the best idea. (And yes, I realize that this is dependent on it actually being Allofmybandanas that they were flirting with. Still, though)

On that same note, every time Assfordays gets mentioned I feel like she has a minor Master effect that makes people more receptive to her than they would normally be. Of course, that Master effect could easily just be her having a body that'd make Behemoth say "Damn that's hot" and being willing to flaunt it, but it could also be some Shard shenanigans on the level of old Jacky boy and the Broadcaster.

Her Shard (which is obviously designated Vamp) pings the Shards of capes around her, but instead of predicting them like Broadcaster it just makes N-dimensional come-hither motions at them.

20. Rolo

Rolo Tasty Good

I was with you up until this. An argument can be made about Eidoclone wanting to live to protect Noelle. After reading over the relevant chapter again (scourge-19-6) Noelle got bisected at the same time Eidoclone was frozen in place and Eidoclone was struggling against his bonds displaying a desire to live (to help Noelle). I can buy your explanation though.

Tenebrous Fantasies and TanaNari like this.
  21. sephlington

sephlington Making the rounds.

I'd still go with twisted Eidolon power without Primacy. We know Echidna does a shard-shuffle when she pops out a new cape to play with, and we know their powers are sometimes warped (radiation Vista, rat Skitter). Clonedolon definitely didn't have the same power Eidolon did - he flickered through realities, instead of having powers handed to him on a silver space whale platter.

That gives us two possibilities for not having Primacy: initial creation, and reality surfing. If either of them don't result in primacy, he can be Skitter'd like the rest of them.

22. The Shadowmind

The Shadowmind Well worn.

It could be that she has a Thinker power like Ingenue does. Both are Trumps that need other parahumans for their powers to function. It was already stated that Ack-fangirl finds the scent of other parahuman alluring. A secondary Thinker power on how to get them to return the attraction would fit,

23. Rolo

Rolo Tasty Good

This is even more plausible yet. I forgot the clones have different (but similar) powersets to the original. Point taken, carry on gentlemen.

24. Coruscant Knave

Coruscant Knave 'Twas love that did this to you.

Victoria gives the best presents. Infinite dressup for the girl who always wanted to be normal.

And the delightful awkwardness as she does her best Taylor impression. Hah.

Sveta's version of "average attractiveness" is probably a little distorted. Like, narrow, puffy lips and eyes just a bit too far apart. She thinks he looks delicious.

25. Asunder

Asunder Getting out there.

Isn't it plausible that the QA shard is equivalent to the Primacy and working together with the Clockblocker's shard allowed them to overcome clone Eidolon? Clock's shard must be pretty powerful too considering it's almost conceptual nature.

26. dasstan

Probably not. Remember that in addition to the normal restrictions placed on shards, QA was crippled. If the Primacy theory holds true, that's the kind of thing that the Entities would not allow into play under any circumstances.* It's the kind of thing that would only make it into a host's hands if, say, one of the Entities crash landed into a planet and then proceeded to be harvested.

A host with Primacy would pretty much invalidate the cycle. Kind of hard to innovate when your opponent can just go "no u".

doomlord9, Faraway-R, Diller and 4 others like this.
  27. Daunmi

Daunmi Shun the sun, night so nice

Vicky! Sveta's got a friend. Who's a boy.

Go have a chat with him.

28. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

Poor guy,Vicky is going to grill him with her version of the "Birds and the Bees" lecture.:D

Zarohk, tordg, doomlord9 and 5 others like this.
  29. Threadmarks: Amelia, Ch 397- Ayane
    TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Amelia, Ch 397- Ayane

I took a slow, deep breath, calming myself for what was to come. The humiliation and self loathing that I would be experiencing soon. The basic armor they'd given me was as impressive anything I'd ever seen in Japan. The kind of armor that most Tinkers would envy and protect jealously from theft, and they claimed it was simple for Avalon to mass produce them.

A certain part of me wondered if it was a sort of salesman bluff, that they pretended this was 'basic' when really it was an improved model meant to impress consumers, with myself as the consumer. Selling our loyalty for this equipment. As powerful as it was, I had to imagine they'd be terrified of someone reverse engineering it. Speaking of which. I glanced over at Hoji. "So, have you taken yours apart, yet?"

He shook his head. "I'm afraid there's no point. It's over sixty five percent organic. And thirty percent modified Endbringer tissue. I understand none of it. The remaining parts relate only to the viewscreens and speakers and control systems. Advanced, perhaps even decades ahead of modern technology, but not Tinker advanced. And the shunt drive, which is what I don't want to mess with. I've no desire to accidentally teleport myself into nowhere."

So he can learn nothing from it. I'd hoped... but, no. "It is to be expected. They have almost every high level biomanipulator on record in their organization." Or the ones that were still alive and not an Endbringer, at least. I tactfully left out the Tinker powers I lightly called on, powers far greater than his, and got the same results.

Hoji hesitated and looked away. "Does this mean you'll be... fully... uniting our team with theirs?"

My heart broke for him. I reached out and cupped his face in my hands, turning his face so I could look him in the eyes. "I don't know. I just don't know."

I pulled him in and kissed him. His scent and flavor was weak. To be expected of someone who would barely rank a three on the American charts. My power considered him beneath its interest. Tepid, plain. To me it was the exact opposite. Clean water and a breath of fresh air in a land strong drink and perfume. A man I love because I love him, and no other reason. "I am so sorry."

We were the same age, but any looking at us would guess him to be my father before they'd suspect we were lovers. I never changed, staying perpetually the twenty two year old I was when Kyushu was destroyed. While each year his wrinkles deepened a little more, a few extra hairs turned gray. How many of those worry lines are for me, and us, and what I do?

His tears ran across my hands, feeding me what little power they could as they evaporated. My own fell as they may. "I have to go now." My words a plea for forgiveness.

He said nothing as I stepped back, taking my hands off of him before activating the shunt drive. In an instant too fast to be disorienting, I was on Avalon. I couldn't live with the shame of him seeing my behavior, not amongst people as powerful as Pantheon.

The boy waiting there was beautiful. A masculine face with feminine eyes. His scent that of a mysterious song loud enough to hear, but not enough to recognize the tune or lyrics. A love song half remembered. I reached out and took his hand immediately. "Oh. Uh, so you already know how my power works?"

I let my tongue snake out between my lips, wetting them. "Maybe I just wanted to hold your hand?" I understood the vaguery of his power. The need for contact to work, a wonderful excuse to justify the physical contact. And he had the ability to reach across great distance. A power of summoning and banishment. The rest was assumption, logic, and decades of experience. "So, what's your name, sir?"

He looked down at my figure. Even this generic, almost unisex armor couldn't hide my assets. "I'm Janus. I have teleportation powers. Now, this can be a little disorienting your first time-"

My laugh was low and soft. "I'm sure you'll be gentle."

His blush was a treat. We shifted. It was a little like the shunt drives, but mostly it was an entirely new sensation that danced across my skin and through my being. His power has a transformation element built in.

And then the smells hit me on the other side. My knees buckled, and only Janus holding me kept me from collapsing in a heap as pleasure intense enough to be indistinguishable from pain rippled across my body. I interpret my power as scents, and for the most part that was true. But when things got intense enough, it hit everywhere, my entire brain and every sense. This was too much, too fast, I didn't have time to scream or cry, merely to gasp and struggle to breath.

"Are you okay?" Janus asked, gently keeping me from collapsing while doing his best to not make any more physical contact than absolutely necessary.

I stood, my impulses no longer focused on him. I forced myself to take deep breaths. It's not really a smell. It doesn't come through the air. You can breathe without it causing problems. This isn't Kyushu. You have time, you have air. "Y-yes. My senses were overwhelmed, that's all. I'm already recovering. There are a lot of incredibly powerful people around here, aren't there?"

He kept his hand on my arm, and I found myself getting annoyed with it. What did I ever see in him? "I'm sorry, I'm sure if they knew it would inconvenience you like that, they would have arranged this meeting elsewhere."

"That's quite alright. I'm accustomed to it now." I hope no one would be too upset if I kidnap that purple eyed girl and take her home with me. I'll bring her back in a week or two. "So, where do I go?"

He pointed to one of the shorter buildings. "That's where you want to go. Right in the main doors, you can't miss it."

I smiled, just to be polite. "Thank you. I'll see you around." The last part felt awkward. It was hard to be flirty when I didn't mean it. I turned and let the suit's antigravity do the work for me. Hoji's meager Tinker abilities telling me just how remarkable the armor was. I'd used flight powers before, many times and from a lot of sources, but rarely were they as intuitive as this armor. I dipped into my reserve of Honoka's perfect agility to land gracefully and walk in. I need to find find time for a recharge with her, soon.

A very beautiful woman waited at the front desk. She looked at me "Akaihana?"

I nodded. "Yes. Have you been waiting long?"

"Not at all." She stood and approached me. "I'm Noelle. If you'll just follow me." She led the way, and I ignored the tingling sensation of my legs brushing together as I approached possibly the most potent gathering of powers I'd ever been able to experience. Instead, I focused on Noelle. She was without any power, so my assessment of her beauty was a simple acknowledgement that the tall redheaded woman was naturally good looking.

She reminded me of that one character in that old American movie. I couldn't remember anything about it, except that it had normal people and cartoons at the same time. And she looked like a real version of the woman in that who was married to a rabbit for some reason. I spent my time trying to remember more details, anything to distract myself from what was coming. Something about bowling balls? Meanwhile, Noelle led me along in silence. She seemed nervous about me, for some reason. Maybe she just knew that I was a high level Trump, and that frightened her?

"We're here," she announced, placing a hand on the door, which pulled itself open like a set of living curtains.

I walked into the room. Gaea I met, Khepri I recognized. Their aroma blended in a way that I couldn't describe, but it made me warm all over. It took me a few seconds to even bother checking the others in the room, the pair was so overpowering.

A woman in battle armor that was clearly not a parahuman. The sickly sweet, rotting cherry scent of Hecate. The beautiful purple eyed girl whose name I'd forgotten, but was ever so delectable, next to a small blonde whose power to bend space I'd seen used, and a boy that I didn't know. They were all very powerful, any one would have been a centerpiece in most teams. This is not most teams.

And several others I didn't know. Most were fairly unremarkable, but for three. In the back, near two uninteresting parahumans, and two of the monster capes- one that smelled of poison and another of dying flesh, was a girl with an incredible, elusive power. It changed from moment to moment. Familiar and alien all at once. As if reading a beautiful and fantastical poem.

In front, near me, a blonde with a scent very similar to purple-eyes. And a man in obviously high end Tinker armor. His power was... strange. His scent neither sour nor sweet as I was used to, instead it was bitter and hot. Like the still glowing embers of a campfire that had died out. A deadly, terrifying smell that made me feel just a twinge of fear. I would attempt nothing with this one.

"A pleasure to meet you," Khepri opened. Her voice was lyrical. She didn't sound particularly pleased, but that didn't matter to me. My body responded with a heightening of anticipation. She could have threatened to murder me and I would have loved every syllable.

"The feeling is quite mutual." I let the last word come out low and sultry, enticing her to think of meanings. Her scent shifted, blending again with Gaea's. I had trouble distinguishing one Empress from the other, but I could smell that Gaea's reaction to the comment was far more favorably than Khepri's. And despite my flirt with Khepri, she was the one who smelled of jealousy, not Gaea. I wasn't certain how to interpret that reaction at all.

The blonde snickered, then coughed, then just started laughing. A couple of others in the back joined in. "Oh man, the reactions from all of you are priceless. Every. Last. One." She pointed over at the armored woman. "Especially you, Dragon. Because you find it as funny as I do and are too polite to enjoy it."

Dragon? The Dragon? How do I not sense her power? She should be incredible, as potent as anyone else in the room, she can build practically any- oh, of course. Remote controlled presence. Robot. Hologram. Could be anything.

The tall blonde walked up to me. Every bit the definition of the American image of beauty. Tall, slender, large breasts and a youthful face. Okay, I won't be stealing the purple eyed girl away.

"Hey, I'm Victoria." She wrapped her arm around my shoulder, and I couldn't figure out why her scent wasn't changing, why she didn't find me attractive. "So, while these doofuses are still recovering from the shock of watching you perv up someone who can kill you with a thought in front of her fiancée who can also kill you with a thought, I'll give you a rundown. Yes, they can totes give you battle armor that boosts your powers. Way better than that, they can give you battle armor that gives you up to four different powers and a constant source of power for them. So, y'know, making you one of the most powerful parahumans on the planet."

I stepped back, out of her grip. She pinched my shoulder before I could get too far away. Rento's danger sense belatedly kicked in to tell me how easily she could kill me. My current pool of powers would barely slow her down. "H-how?"

Vicky shrugged. "Which part? The part where they can give you super god armor? Or the part where I'm beating out your instinctual Thinker power to behave in a way that I find attractive? The answers are 'Tinker bullshit' and 'Thinker bullshit' in that order. So, anyway, I've already determined your trick is limited to one at a time and it's always the one who's most immediately desirable to you at that moment..."

She leaned in close enough that I could feel her breath as she whispered in my ear. "A little secret? I'm not immune to your effect, my power just lets me fake it. Play your cards right, and I'll let you taste me before the day is over."

I shuddered.

=================

A/N- No. Seriously. My take on powers is like the exact opposite of Wildbow. He takes shitty powers and makes them awesome. I take awesome powers and make them barely preferable to death.

30. LuridThrone

LuridThrone Sitting On The

Shed have to borrow Taylor for that one.

Imped by a story post! my word! o_O

Buggy123, Nexidava, doomlord9 and 4 others like this.