1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Flukes

Flukes Getting some practice in, huh?

Just out of curiousity, how long is Amelia?

Because according to my calculations there are 730, 800 words so far, based on an estimate of 1.8k words average.

And I'm sure that's an underestimation.

Wow. Also, if you have any original serial work, I'm definitely reading it, especially if the update schedule is anything as religious as Amelia's.

TanaNari likes this.
  2. rooster

rooster Succ

There was a thread on Spacebattles about original fiction written by TanaNari and then he got banned. I don't know what happened to it.

TanaNari likes this.
  3. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

Very interesting. Also, d'awww for David and Ciara. OTP.

Typos and other stuff:
    Italics?

superfluous 'they'?

Italic 'What?'

Italics? Also, the comma should really be a semicolon.

emaciated, mournful. I'm guessing that the Charioteer is Manton and the Royal Assassin is Jack Slash?

lose the end quote.

Last edited: May 18, 2015
    TanaNari likes this.
  4. MadGreenSon

MadGreenSon Verified Devil Tiger, The Childish Yandere

Yeah. It just goes to show, no matter how bullshit your clarketech is, there's always a bigger fish. Think about it; the Exsurgent Virus does pretty much anything physics-breaking that any shard can do, but it is itself a nano-scale "virus" that can be transmitted technologically, biologically, or memetically. That is bullshit of the highest quality.

The ETI have their techno-magic bullshit so refined that they throw that out there on the off-chance that something might get to a level to bother them. They need no interaction with other intelligence to improve themselves as they already have all the tech and bullshit space magic they'll ever need and can casually break the universe any time they feel the need to.

I've actually given it a great deal of thought. The Entities are scary, the ETI is existentially terrifying.

Well. Now we know what starts the rampage! Good job team!:p

5. jrbless

jrbless You needed worthy opponents.

I want to make sure that I'm reading this right for which Shards GU summoned.

1. The Serpent - Contessa
    2. The Charioteer - Dr. Manton and the Siberian
    3. The Royal Assassin - Jack Slash?

GU has called Contessa "The Serpent" for quite a while. Dr. Manton/Siberian is discernible through the description of "young woman clad only in black and white stripes. A ghost summoned by a ghost." The Assassin as Jack Slash is my guess from the "long knives" and his "secret purpose", aka the Broadcast shard.

6. MadGreenSon

MadGreenSon Verified Devil Tiger, The Childish Yandere

Wait... When did Contessa die and/or get killed?

TanaNari likes this.
  7. Coruscant Knave

Coruscant Knave 'Twas love that did this to you.

They've been feeding her paraclones. And I guess both sides are pretending the other doesn't know, which is why Contessa couldn't show up to the last meeting. Though if Ciara doesn't know what they were doing, it's because she chose not to care enough to check.

TanaNari and jrbless like this.
  8. jaelin910

jaelin910 habitual lurker

here
    extra 'was'. also, 'Numbers man' looks wrong...
    chance

btw, I'd like to point out that dragon could gain an advantage by making herself larger than an entity to accelerate her development. her design may not be as good as that of the entities but I don't see why she couldn't brute-force the issue by devouring a few dozen Earths for materials to keep increaing the size of her brain.

TanaNari likes this.
  9. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

I'm curious as to why Manton is the Charioteer.

TanaNari likes this.
  10. Peanuckle

Peanuckle Versed in the lewd.

Well that's ominous. Scion has found a path to revive his counterpart? Or perhaps create a new one? Maybe that's why people are finding "power-partners" suddenly when for the past 20 years, nothing of the sort has been heard of. Scion made a tweak to powers and they're building a new Entity out of themselves.

And I totally called it: David needed to give Ciara the D before she'd help out.

11. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

Doesn't that goes against canon ? I mean, in his Interlude, Scion does try to come up with a way to salvage the Cycle and fail. Why would it suddenly work now ?

TanaNari likes this.
  12. cyberswordsmen

cyberswordsmen I trust you know where the happy button is?

He used his path to victory to find his partner in canon to. That is how he got into Cauldrons base. He wasn't happy with the condition he found her in.

PineTreeq, ZomBguy and TanaNari like this.
  13. dasstan

dasstan :)

Huh. Well, that's interesting. Scion's version of PtV burns energy like a mofo, compared to Abaddon's version. I wonder how much of his stored energy he's using by being on the Path to Counterpart.
    Unprecedented power interaction, would be my guess. Finding new and creative ways to use the powers is the whole point of the cycle.

Or he's still running his emotion emulation program and this is a last ditch effort, a final grasping at stars.

14. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

So, I'm guessing that Taylia somehow caused this change. I suspect that he started noticing them a while ago, and that prompted him to start a Path to Counterpart with Talia's shards forming the core... as I think has been suggested a few times in replies to this story (with or without Scion's involvement), even before it was moved here.

Maybe Scion's running a Path to canon-endgame Khepri, which leads to him killing everyone to cause it.

15. Coruscant Knave

"Fuck you, physics" seems like a power that benefits space travel tremendously. Siberian can do a decent flying impression as well, I guess. I actually imagined the "conversation" with Scion happening in mid air, but I don't think the chapter actually said that.

Oh, and getting hit by the Siberian is probably a lot like a peasant getting run down by a chariot, I imagine.

TanaNari likes this.
  16. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

I thought PtV was useless when it came to Entity stuff, including manipulation.

It's weird that GU would keep her Contessa ghost when she ought to know pretty rapidly that it's worthless.

The other two ghosts make sense, especially Jack, but the Serpent seems contra-indicated.

If this was a typo, please retroactively declare that it was your intent. It's just such a great fit for an Entity.

TanaNari and dasstan like this.
  17. dasstan

dasstan :)

I am glad you are here to appreciate my genius.

18. gatewaewanderer

gatewaewanderer Wandering Fool & Intermediate Lurker

...Well'p, now we know what it takes to convince the Fairy Queen that defeating Scion is a Good Thing. It just took a manipulative talk with Lisa / Crow, some Lovey-doveyness from Eidolon / David, and talking to Scion himself to actually do it.

But... that Path he big bastard mentioned... is it like many seem to suspect, Scion planning on a replacement counter part for Eden in the form of Taylor and Amelia, or has he / it figured out a way to directly revive the brain-dead body / 'living' corpse of his / it's 'girl'friend / partner?

19. Mr. Tebbs

Mr. Tebbs Not too sore, are you?

in canon iirc, Zion did follow the path to seeing Eden again... and she was dead in cauldron's basement. It's very likely he will get to see his counterpart again, but because the cannot comprehend the thought of her not being alive, he'll likely see her corpse

20. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

655k, not counting the Omakes, canon or otherwise. Or the smut. Throw those in, still not 670k.

https://forum.questionablequesting.com/threads/story-ideas.1044/

Be real hard to "fall from the sky" if you were on the ground.

Yeah, but it can work with mental models. Not perfectly, mind, but still better than anything else at their disposal. And Broadcast to help build the models.

21. Coruscant Knave

How the fuck am I supposed to remember something obscure like the last sentence of the chapter. I mean, c'mon Tana. There's subtle and then there's subtle.

22. CptTagon

CptTagon Prolific Writer

they

TanaNari likes this.
  23. Threadmarks: Omake: Fifty/Fifty
    TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Omake: Fifty/Fifty

Zach: So, what are the odds Eidolon's about to die?

Dinah: You know I can't see him. Maybe if you give me some idea why you're asking.

Z: Well, he just proposed to his girlfriend.

D: Okay.

Z: Right before a life threatening mission.

D: Err... that's not good.

Z: And he all but literally said he was going to retire in two days.

D: Oh. Fuck.

Z: Also, the girlfriend's a hot redhead. We know the life expectancy of people who da- Oww! Oh, hi Emma, didn't see you there. Did I mention they're getting married right away?

D: Well, that's pretty much a guaranteed death.

Z: I thought so, too. But the author's lampshading the piss out of it in a comedic fashion. So this could be a troll bluff. Or a double troll bluff, now.

D: The odds are 49.99982% in favor of him killing off Eidolon.

Z: Really? How is it tha- He flipped a coin, didn't he?

D: He literally flipped a coin.

24. Rolo

Rolo Tasty Good

It's been verified: you're a dick.

25. Coruscant Knave

*Glares intently*

You... you have a power interaction bond with Wildbow, don't you?

On a completely unrelated note:

You Needed Worthy Pussy.

26. jrbless

jrbless You needed worthy opponents.

I just had a random thought about GU. What would happen if Cauldron/Pantheon made a power-clone of GU and had GU kill it, gaining it's power (which happens to be her own)? Would she be able to spam a GU clone (plus 2 other powers), and then have the spammed GU clone do the same. You would get (N GUs + 2N other powers) for each time she did this. Say, 20 GUs + 20 Flechettes + 20 Eidolons.

Nexidava, Zarohk, Mendeleev and 3 others like this.
  27. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

Post this in the NSFW Worm thread this instant. I have never seen a better tag line for that thread in my life.

28. Peanuckle

Peanuckle Versed in the lewd.

"Oh no, my dear David has died! Whatever shall I do?"

*Yoink!*

"Ah, there you are! Now we can be together forever! And ever. And ever. And ever. And ever...."

As the others watched Ciara leave the room with Eidolon's ghost in tow, Lisa could just barely see the silent horror on the smoky face of the once-greatest hero.

Nexidava, Noelemahc, baabomb and 21 others like this.
  29. Eevin

Eevin Getting out there.

Wait!

Did Lisa just try to solve all the End of the World problems (Endbringers + Scion) trough shipping!

And... is the only relationship she didn't ship (Taylia) going to save the world?

OMG! That is genious, it is even better than the Amy/Vicky role reversal.

30. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

Lisa is complex.

She breaks the things she wants to fix, and strengthens what she wishes would break.