1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. dasstan

dasstan :)

So about that adaptive regen. Is she offloading all the counters to her shard to keep from becoming a horribly mutated truck sized hexapod, or do they just go away after she's out of a fight?

2. pheonix89

pheonix89 Wanna be game dev

She's a combat thinker. Combat thinkers are bullshit enough when they DON'T have other powers.

Divabot and TanaNari like this.
  3. BlackBulletOfSeven

BlackBulletOfSeven Making the rounds.

She's a combat thinker without the scale of PTV or the versatility of The Number Man's.

Tbh what I really see lacking from her is a lack of ability to be the Army Killers that Pantheon is.

Most of the Pantheon capes either have an ability that can affect large areas, or can be equipped to do the same with tinkertech. The rest are support/tinker.

Vicky just doesn't have a skill that works on a large scale, which is good, more versatility in the team is needed.

If most of pantheon is a tactical nuke, she's more like a minigun. Still just as deadly, but the scale of influence is a bit less if you just go by abilities.

Granted, TanaNari will probably prove me wrong within 3 chapters. Still, my analysis fits for now.

4. pheonix89

Doesn't have Number Man's versitility, no. But in a fight she more than makes up for it by being seriously superhuman, having enhanced senses and shard based versions of all of Aceso's tricks.

TanaNari likes this.
  5. dasstan

That's the thing, though, once they slap her with a set of custom armor, she gains just about as much firepower as Crystal, with the added benefit of being able to know exactly where to hit for [MAXIMUM DAMAGE]. And that's only using her electric mod battery powers with her Detect Vulnerability.

She's managed to grab bag a bunch of powers that work very well together.

6. pheonix89

Nothing managed about it - Riley's shard decided to put every dirty trick Ms. Biotinker ever implemented into a Clarice/Aseco model into the power, then add electricity, regen and a version of Lisa's power.

Chirurgeon Shard: I'm HALPING!

Pantheon: Keep helping.

7. .IronSun.

.IronSun. Verified Legitimate Business Man

Her combat suit will have roughly the same suite of capabilities as Crystal's, plus a bunch of melee goodies and a speed/dimension hopping boost. This is all just Riley's initial 3-second brainstorming mind you, and synergizes terrifyingly well with her thinker powers when you think about it. If the rest of Pantheon are army smashing hammers Victoria is the stilletto that kills the General before he can take the field.

Holy crap she's Pantheon's Hero Killer.

8. Peanuckle

Peanuckle Versed in the lewd.

"How is this a Christmas present?!"

"Now nobody has to be a virgin!"

And then Noelle was voted best parahuman of all time.

9. Nigel Burnelli Isaacs

Nigel Burnelli Isaacs Not too sore, are you?

You know that almost makes me feel bad for the Fallen...ALMOST

Faraway-R, Divabot, TanaNari and 2 others like this.
  10. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

I am super interested in seeing Victoria get a talk from Rapture.

("As one mind-rapist to another...")

Also: Lisa 2.0 needs to chat with Rapture, for her own mental well-being.

11. tsuknoryu2986

tsuknoryu2986 Not too sore, are you?

ALL of them need to talk to Rapture for some reason or another.

12. Nigel Burnelli Isaacs

Nigel Burnelli Isaacs Not too sore, are you?

And after that Rapture will need to talk to Yamada...

13. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

I like to imagine Yamada was one of the people the Simurgh death rayed. She gets hyped up way too much. The woman isn't Contessa.

14. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

Yamada's only appearance in this fic, as of yet at least, was when I had her mastered by Parasite in my canon omake.

...she may or may not still be recovering from that, come to think of it.

15. HorizonRunner

HorizonRunner Making the rounds.

I forgot about that. That was a brilliant way to subvert the hype, by the way.

boonerunner, fireball900 and TanaNari like this.
  16. Aras

Aras Getting some practice in, huh?

Victoria is so BS and OP that it's not funny. She has all the senses and can sense weakness in stuff. That's HUGE. She already pointed some improvements for zerg and other stuff. She's durable enough to be frontline. She's best support ever. I wonder if her power works on Endbringers? She broken Taboo by triggering second time.

17. dasstan

Doesn't the scene where she can't remember why she fell down post triggering imply the opposite?

18. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

You're smart and explain things to the people who don't get it. I like you.

*Scribbles notes furiously*

What?

Woo! But don't bring the SB drama back here. I have what I want: a place I can write to my heart's content.

They can keep the drama to themselves.

No she didn't.

19. Faraway-R

Faraway-R Getting sticky.

Lets be honest, TanaNari has already explained just how valuable Vicky is.

As a support cape, her Vulnerability Sight is a priceless addition to the suite of measures for Tinkering. This power alone has ample Mundane Utility, but combine it as a quality control measure for Tinkers, and things go even better. Mind you, I am not talking merely about Pantheon. Let's talk about D&D, Defiant and Dragon. Let's talk about L33t (who would sell the souls of his entire bloodline for that kind of help).

Victoria might not be the right person to rule the battlefield - but she is invaluable on the preparation stage. Even if it's not what she'd like to do with her life and powers.

20. Grell23

Grell23 Making the rounds.

New head canon name for Vicky "Call For Fire".

Sit her down with an intelligence expert and discuss how one guy with a drone* and a radio can make the battlefield their playground.

*Since I'm assuming tinker drones replaced spotter helicopters for parahuman level conflicts requiring indirect fire.

Not that she wouldn't still take out everything up to S class like it was running trash to the curb but yea, combat capable thinker w/ built in sensor suite? "Hey Gen. Macarthur, want access to Keyhole satellites over your upcoming battle area?

Now comes the tricky part. Convincing her to take that role on without her ego making her refuse to play ball.

(Amy employs guilt trip! It's super effective!)

21. pheonix89

Um, she's a personal combat beast BEFORE Riley builds her armor. And Riley said she could work up a version of the radiant that swaps force-fields for mobility and dirty tricks for Vicky. She can BE that drone - a combat thinker with flight, multiple brute powers, beam spam and biotinker tricks.

boonerunner and Divabot like this.
  22. Threadmarks: Amelia, Ch 188- Victoria
    TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Amelia, Ch 188- Victoria

"You're the one with the combat precog, what kind of melee weapons do you think you'd be best with?" Riley asked cheerfully. "You can ribbon fighting like I do, or maybe something with an ax. No one use axes." Missy and Trevor had begged off a couple hours ago, insisting that they needed to get home before their respective parents went insane. Crystal said pretty much the same, going to deliver news of the Barghest fight to our family.

Zach and Theo remained here, of course. Talking about my new abilities and finding potential power synergies. Along with Emma, who I had never met before today. I'd seen her in pictures about Pantheon before, but we'd never been in the same room with each other. A Case 53 tinker, She was... distracting. Her physiology was a freakin' mess, and everything my power knew was telling me there was no way she should be alive, yet here she was, analyzing my power output and lifesigns while Riley discussed features for my armor.

Theo yawned loudly. "Sorry, guys," he said sheepishly. "But some of us actually need sleep. Riley, you should go to bed, too. Clarice acts weird... well, even more weird... when you pull an all nighter."

"Awww..." Riley whined. "But this is so cool! I almost never get to build new suits for my friends."

"I'll be here tomorrow," I smiled, giving her a pat on the head. The fuck? I am patting Bonesaw. When did this become my life? "But I need to go to bed, too," I lied. "I'm going to spend a few minutes with Amy and see about finding a bed somewhere. Then I'll see you at school tomorrow."

"Okay," she agreed, sounding childishly unhappy about it.

I hopped off the chair they had me in for the testing, and headed for the exit. "So, uh, someone want to tell me where Amy's room is?"

"I got it," Zach volunteered. I smiled, and while my new sight wasn't telepathy or anything like that, I knew he wasn't entirely thinking with the head on top of his shoulders. No surprise there. We spent a lot of time together talking, and I knew I was a looker. My sight flickered back to Emma as she watched him rush to help me out. Oh, that's something I didn't expect.

"So, what's the story between you and Emma?" I asked the moment the door sealed. I watched his heartrate jump and the subtle release of natural drugs into his system.

"We dated for a week or two, but it turned out she's a horrible bitch so I dumped her," he said, and for the first time since I met him, he didn't have a smile on his face. Even after Dream Girl, I remembered, he managed to force a smile. "End of story."

"If you insist," I replied, following him. "She's really pretty," I added, measuring his emotional reactions.

"So are most of the girls on this team," Zach countered. "Besides, you were a total babe before you got shapeshifting powers. And now you have shapeshifting powers. You have no need to be jealous over anyone."

Wait, he thinks I'm jealous? Cute. Vaguely insulting. But cute. "Who said I was jealous?" I smirked. "Maybe my sister and I have more in common than you realized?"

He coughed a couple times, and then dusted. Reforming a heartbeat later. "That was a really dirty trick," he insisted. "Even if Emma was into girls, you'd be better off with just about anyone else."

"Shapeshifter, remember? She doesn't need to be into girls," I teased. "Now why do you have such a problem with Emma?"

"Here's Amelia's room," he changed the subject. "Now if you need me, I'll be playing video games all night." He left quickly, taking his conflicting emotions with him. There was a lot of story going on there. Victoria Dallon, super sleuth, would be on that job later.

The door opened before I even tapped on it. Taylor was there sitting with her on the bed. "I didn't interrupt anything, I hope?" My senses confirmed that, if I did, it was only a conversation. None of the obvious tells were present.

"Not at all," Taylor answered, hints of aggressive chemicals hit her bloodstream as she prepared for a confrontation against me. And then they stopped seemingly for no reason. That's not how humans work, I thought. Maybe it has something to do with how her body's been altered to superhuman fitness levels. "I was about to go home, actually."

"I thought you lived here?" I asked.

"Seems like it, sometimes," she answered. "But I still live with my dad. It makes him happy to have me around to take care of once in a while."

"See you tomorrow," Amy kissed Taylor on the cheek. Awfully chaste for people who are engaged, I decided. I stepped aside as Taylor left the room. She's nervous about something. Hiding something. So is Amy.

"So, wanna tell me what's up with Emma and Zach?" I asked. I registered Amy's relief at the question. And then an entirely different form of apprehension. Christ, Amy, I thought you quit doing hospitals to reduce the stress in your life.

"Why do you want to know?" Amy asked suspiciously.

"I'm not allowed to worry about the wellbeing of the rest of my team?" I asked defensively. "I bet if you won't tell me, then Crystal would be happy to." Amy's emotions jumped. She was annoyed by something. I win. I also needed a better word than 'I win'. Checkmate, maybe? That sounds way too pretentious, I decided almost immediately. "Why are you afraid to tell me?"

"Seriously, Vicky," Amy sighed. "I just... we have enough drama around here. Could you please just leave it alone?"

"You know I can't," I replied. "Just tell me. What did Emma do to Zach?"

"Nothing," she answered. She's telling the truth.

"Buuuut," I prompted.

"But he hates her because of what she did to Taylor," Amy admitted. She looked at me. "Oh, you didn't hear about that before? Emma was Taylor's childhood friend. Then, for reasons I doubt anyone will ever be able to explain to me... well, Emma decided to bully and torture Taylor until she had a trigger event. Two trigger events, actually."

"Two?" I blinked. "How does that even work?"

"It happens," Amy answered. "I can tell the difference between people who've only had one trigger, and those who've had two. Taylor's had two, and since she didn't even realize it, they must have happened almost back to back. Double triggers. Probably a lot more common than second triggers."

"And you're working alongside her?" I asked. "Taylor didn't seem like Emma's biggest fan, but fuck, if it were me... I'd have gone Carrie all over Emma's face and then buried her in a corn field somewhere in Indiana."

"She had some time getting used to Riley first," Amy explained. "Compared to that, Emma's pretty small time. And Taylor's been trying to be more forgiving. She feels pretty guilty over what she did as Skitter. And Emma's been bending over backwards to prove she's sorry and should be forgiven. It... well, we've all done some pretty bad things."

Amy's emotions spiked. Guilt, something that she regrets enough to border on the suicidal. She won't tell me if I ask, I realized.

"I guess," I agreed. "And Zach isn't exactly the forgiving type, is he?"

"Not about this," Amy added. "He doesn't really like to talk about his own feelings much"

Something we have in common, I guess. "Good to know. Aren't you going to do anything to fix that mess?"

"Not my business," Amy dismissed. "They're both doing their jobs. Emma's more worried about being friends with Riley and Taylor, and even Taylor's at least willing to try to work it out," Huh, is that why Taylor seemed so... disinterested... in Amy? Does she have feelings for Emma? I will punt that bitch into the middle of the ocean if she's leading my sister on like that. "Zach's moved on to hitting on Crystal..."

"Really?" I interrupted. "And here she seemed so eager to send him my way."

"The only girls on the team he hasn't hit on at least once are Missy, who's dating his best bud. Lily, who's a lesbian with a power we're pretty certain can kill him for real. And Sabah, who's dating Lily," Amy explained. "Crystal probably wants someone a bit more, well, not a jackass."

"Her loss then," I smiled.

"What?" Amy exclaimed. "You can't seriously be interested in-"

The door opened, and a tired looking Riley walked in. "The dreams are back," was her only explanation as she climbed into Amy's bed.

"We'll talk about this later," Amy insisted as she reached over and rubbed the girl's shoulder.

"Sure," I lied before leaving the room. I wandered into the living area, where Zach was playing some kind of fighting game.

"How'd the chat go?" he asked, as one of the characters on the screen bloodily decapitated another.

"Pretty good," I answered as I walked over and plopped down next to him. "She gave me some idea of the history between you and Emma. Thinks there's some secret of your past that makes you hate her a disproportionate amount."

He sighed. "You're not going to let this go, are you? Well, talk all you want, I don't have to answer any question you ask."

"I was thinking of beating it out of you," I added just a hint of tease to my voice.

"That won't really work, either," he countered.

"We'll have a duel on it," I offered. "Any competition you want to have. The loser has to do anything the winner wants. For an hour. No complaining, no resisting, no stalling. No matter what it is."

He looked at me. "I dunno, I can think of a lot of 'anythings' to do in an hour."

I smiled and licked my lips slowly. "Hit me with your best shot."

===============

A/N- Time for a canon omake in the NSFW section?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  23. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

24. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

Zach: "Yes! I am so glad we moved to this forum!"

But unfortunately for Zach, the only dick who got satisfaction was the author.

25. rooster

rooster Succ

Full speed ahead to MA-ratingville!

Grell23 likes this.
  26. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

...well, if you have a serial immortal and a shapeshifter do 'anything' for an hour, I'd say that's pretty NSFW.

If TanaNari wasn't a troll, of course.

Besides, I'm a little more interested in this 'duel' they're going to have. Exactly how are they going to compete?

Lisa: "Amelia? Zach and Victoria are on the news. They're playing...I think it's supposed to be 'pong.'"

Amelia: "Ping-pong? Why would they get on the news for that?"

Lisa: "No, they're playing pong, the computer game...with an uncoupled wrecking ball."

Amelia: "...this is where you remind me that I'm the leader of Pantheon and this bullshit is my responsibility, right?"

Lisa: "Oh hell yes. I'm not touching this clusterfuck."

Ryuketsu, Xidas, rick1497 and 51 others like this.
  27. gustyeagle

gustyeagle Know what you're doing yet?

28. jaelin910

jaelin910 habitual lurker

one out of two correct there.....
    duel

29. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

Oh man would these implication have netted you even more infractions if you had still been on SB.

SwiftRosenthal, dasstan and daimahou like this.
  30. Grell23

Grell23 Making the rounds.

Oh yes for days, I'm just not sure if even armored up she will be up to pimp slapping eldritch horrors like she would try while holding that GG shield. I'm strictly taking Endbringer fights pretty much.

Of course there's no telling what Riley can cook up with the rest of the team to turn her (incredibly useful but brute lacking) powers into something safe to dance in Behemoths wake.

And there's always more ways to skin a cat to Pantheon so I eagerly await seeing what comes of it.

TanaNari likes this.