1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Bool1989

Bool1989 The Cat that was Promised

Well, GiftofLove, Who's the Fool Now?

Edit: I think I have Proven, however much he would like to deny it, that TanaNari is Not a Dick

2. fishbait08

fishbait08 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Well, that was some ending, kind of bittersweet in a way in that although humanity's been saved, Taylor & Amelia, depending on how one looks at it, only sort of survived in the form of Avalon, becoming something that's not quite human (in the form of the Taylia gestalt) and not quite space whale, while retaining the memories of both elements, but those two individuals whom that we've come to know & love over the last 412 chapters are gone.

And interesting that a lot of what Taylor & Amelia did in life played a role in what Avalon did, the planning, preparation, and focus on power interactions in how Avalon prepared herself by calling in the unused shards, taking the powers of the Cauldron capes, as well as those of capes whose actions made themselves unworthy of having powers or otherwise had powers Avalon needed, and taking time to recharge rather than going after Scion right away, and the betrayals that they experienced that gave them the ability to turn on Scion despite all the memories & bonds from the space whale half.

Despite being something ailen the human side Avalon gained from Taylia showed in her desire to become a new kind of entity, as well as her parting gifts, such as healing all the mutations caused by Cauldron vials, giving some of the people Taylor & Amelia had been close to new powers to replace those lost (Lily, Missy, Emma [who gets to be the one to develop a space program], Becky) and allowing others who might be happier as normal people that chance, as well as tweaking Lisa's power so she can turn it off at will (suppose that'd be handy for her TMI overload issues), and going to the trouble to find Eve & salvage what could be saved from the backup cloning data to restore some of those who fell fighting against Scion.

However, it was really poignant when Avalon found that although Taylor & Amelia's bodies could be restored, it would just be creating a shell of them, as their very personhood had become so wrapped up & intertwined with their shards that it'd be impossible to resurrect them (guess that popping out a couple copies of their shards wasn't practical for one reason or another), and decided that the best course of action would be to delete her mothers but at the same time give Taylor & Amelia the daughter they never got the chance to have.

And little Taylia going to have quite the interesting life, with the communication shard given a new purpose to help people, and then there's whatever Avalon & Eve have planned for her & that second spacewhale that got shanked. (Though just what knowledge of her mothers & her space shark 'big sister' she ends up with could make things complicated.) Plus, until then, she's going to have quite the interesting extended family to help raise her.

Guess Vicky will get an answer of sorts to her question of whether her sister & sister-in-law are still around when whatever's left of Pantheon starts figuring out what happened. (Also wonder if the Taylia part of Avalon hid any sort of good-bye message in Eve's databanks or the memories their daughter will inherit, or if they've become too alien to do that.)

Then there's the new kind of entity Avalon wants to become, focused on conservation instead of consuming everything in a quest for knowledge, the importance of individuals as well as the group, and a new sort of cycle that tries to tone down the conflict drive, has nicer trigger events, and focuses on power bonds like Taylor & Amelia had & relationships like those that the people who were close to them have. And then she goes hunting the old-style space whales down to protect what she sees as important to the rest of the universe, even it causes 'big picture' problems- guess there's a bit of the 'Taylor' aspect pushing through. Of course, its not all good, as there's still an Entity messing around with humanity's destiny, and one might wonder just how many of their friends & family members, as well as anyone else who gets a power bond, might end up being offered the chance to become Mk. 2 space whales space sharks.

Well, here's to the memory of Their Imperial Majesties, Empresses Taylor Anne Hebert and Amelia Claire Lavere Hebert, two of the greatest capes Earth Bet produced, who had a great and deep love for one another, who dedicated themselves to preparing humanity to fight off the apocalypse, and in the end, sacrificed their humanity in order to become something that could save the rest of it, leaving a chance for a 'brighter' future. They will be missed.

:(

LMAO at that one final burn & dismissal. Although if Sophia were still around & had some way of knowing how she was being blown off as irrelevant & who said that, the look on her face would truly be something to behold.

3. pepperjack

pepperjack A Variety of Cheese

It's gonna take a hell of a lot more than a single counter example, I'm afraid. Still, I suppose that's one more than we had before.

4. Bool1989

You are absolutely right. Now I have nothing to look forward to at the end of the day anymore.

*sniffles*

GOD DAMN IT, TANANARI, YOU DICK!!!

5. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

I wouldn't be much of a dick if I couldn't deliver a satisfying and timely climax, now would I?

Everything I was hoping my readers would feel.

Also- Sophia's too busy knowing she doesn't have powers anymore, and the girl she tormented killed a god, stripped her and many, many others of their powers, and can basically show up and reverse the flow of her digestive system for fun at any time.

6. Bool1989

What? I don't g- OH, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

seriously, though, I will miss reading your stuff, please give us an update when you are writing again.

7. tilkau

tilkau Not too sore, are you?

Cool, I don't have a problem with that. I agree, even.

It is, however, iterative time looping, not recursive time looping. I'm not even what recursive time loops would be supposed to be (but it would probably involve time-looping time loops, time looping time-looped time loops, and/or time looping time-looped time-looped time loops.). Hence my post.

So if GB's power is the one that's supposed to be described, AFAICS the description is incorrect.

pepperjack likes this.
  8. Malkara

Malkara Getting out there.

Not much I can say that hasn't been said already so I'll keep this short.

Thanks for this amazing story TanaNari, I look forward to the sequels and your next work!

Last edited: May 24, 2015
    Snake/Eater and TanaNari like this.
  9. Aras

Aras Getting some practice in, huh?

Is it me or TanaNari totally forgot Ziz? She was wounded but hid in some other dimension, so everybody would think she was dead. I expected her to show up with some kind of plan. And she never did. What happened to Ziz?

10. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

Pretty sure she had her shard ripped out by Avalontity.

11. Firedon

Firedon Experienced.

This. Also, she was really damaged. I think she said that she couldn't see a future where she was really needed and didn't know whether she'd wake up again.

12. Coruscant Knave

Coruscant Knave 'Twas love that did this to you.

So, did I miss a line about ensuring the Yggdrasil lived on? I guess Eve could probably manage it somehow with her zombie entity.

There's your Ziz cameo. She was playing the long con. Ain't nobody got time for that. Also, is this implying that the canon monstrous triggers were a Ziz plot to ensure the entity fully died?

13. Hexed999

Hexed999 I trust you know where the happy button is?

For those that are interested, the first 1/8th or so of the story is now on AO3, will be posting more later

14. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

You got permission?

15. Hexed999

Hexed999 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Yup

16. dasstan

dasstan :)

I think that's actually referring to Noelle and her clones, which are forced buds. Forced buds can ruin the cycle by breaking the shards involved.

17. Faraway-R

Faraway-R Getting sticky.

Third completed?

Well, if you accept a narrow definition of "completed" as "resolved the ultimate Scionpocalypse conflict" then yes, I can only name three off the top of my head.

Hope through Superior Firepower.
    Hope comes to Brockton Bay.
    Amelia.

CONTRIBUTED BY pheonix89: Oracle

If you accept other fics?

Cenotaph.
    Wake.

Both fics deserve a honorary mention of being completed, and of being awesome.

There are more, but these are the ones I remember off the top of my head.

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  18. Skullbot1

Skullbot1 Getting sticky.

What is Hope through Superior Firepower? Is it any good? Should I be reading that instead of crying over the fact that Amelia is over?

19. pheonix89

pheonix89 Wanna be game dev

There's also Oracle, which kind of finished abruptly, but did finish. And it resolved the Scionpocalypse back at day one. Eden ate a Contessa interrupt as in canon, but Zion ate a Sol Invictus interrupt of social-fu variety: He actually IS a hero rather than just bored in Oracle, even if he's kind of shitty at it.
    A Worm/Diebuster cross. It's good and pretty damn funny, though it is rediculously curbstompy. Taylor turns into a second Buster Machine Number Seven thanks to shenanigans instead of getting a shard, and full-power Buster Machine Number Seven treats planet-killing beam weaponry as props for dramatic monlogues. Seriously, the Gunbuster-Diebuster setting has things perfectly capable of brute-force killing Endbringers in previous generations of tech.

20. namelis

namelis Know what you're doing yet?

I saw this attempt to put names to the power pairings
    Most of them make sense. But I think one is completely wrong
    Thinker\Warrior = Eden\Scion Lisa\Rebecca

Divabot and TanaNari like this.
  21. Daunmi

Daunmi Shun the sun, night so nice

Yes.

22. Coruscant Knave

Coruscant Knave 'Twas love that did this to you.

That does make some sense, but the Noelle issue was totally irrelevant at this point.

23. hellgodsrus

hellgodsrus Not too sore, are you?

Absolutely. Wonderful, wonderfully silly.

24. Sheaman3773

Sheaman3773 (Unverified Writer)

She was going over the data created while she was temporarily dead. That it happened in the past is part of the point.

25. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

At least humanity didn't become orange tang and maybe when Taylia is older she can pilot Mommy Avalon.....

26. SirKaid

SirKaid Know what you're doing yet?

Well, that was a satisfying conclusion, kudos.

So Avalon's going to murder Entities and ship their corpses home so that other power interaction groups can take them over and make more anti-Entity Entities? Neat.

I wonder what they'll do when all the Entities are dead, though. Merge into a single Entity, eat all the uninhabited stars, then burn all their energy on the "solve entropy" problem? Suicide back at home to allow Eve and Taylia to distribute the shards as they wish? Hibernate while taking periodic trips around the multiverse to cull any other upcoming space viruses?

Faraway-R, Divabot, doomlord9 and 4 others like this.
  27. I_S

I_S Getting sticky.

And so draws to an end one of the great works of the fandom. The primary antagonist is turned into universal plague that will wipe out all space whale life in the universe.
    Simurgh wins.

Yea that's about the only ending we could really expect i guess.

I kinda wish we could get another 6 chapters just so i can see Colin return a 418 during his wedding.

Faraway-R, Divabot, doomlord9 and 4 others like this.
  28. jrbless

jrbless You needed worthy opponents.

Sheaman3773 likes this.
  29. sephlington

sephlington Making the rounds.

Speaking of, I guess Amelia ought to move to the completed table now, unless we wait for the epilogue first.

30. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Epilogue... one day Taylia gets distracted by a shiny new Pre-Cog shard and face-plants into a world....