1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. GladiusLucix

GladiusLucix Versed in the lewd.

Anyway, it doesn't matter if the allergies come from the saliva or the hair, because Vicky didn't mention the orders of magnitude less horrifying faux kitten towels.

2. Pirafir

Pirafir Getting out there.

Riley could hijack the brain in canon. No reason she couldn't build that into the suits. Just as a precaution for Master/Stranger encounters, of course.

Xaliuss, fireball900, Divabot and 2 others like this.
  3. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

Actually that's fairly easy when you know how to do it right. The cat probably wouldn't be happy about it and complain loudly but I personally have had a cat that was a ball of angry razors when given a bath switch to doing nothing but mowing in displeasure with half-hearted escape attempts after I learned how to do it.

The trick is to not dunk them. Keep the water warm, not hot, and only about an inch or two deep and use a cup to gently pour it on the cat. Avoid their head and the cat will be irritated but not enraged about given a bath and keep them in the warmed bathroom until they have finished drying if it's cold out so they don't get sick from being soaked.

There's more to it like making sure you use pet shampoo and whatnot because they will try to clean themselves right afterwards and regular shampoo residue can make them sick, but those are the basics to washing a cat without getting scratched/bit.

4. Grell23

Grell23 Making the rounds.

Great chapter as always and I take back some of my speculation on her usefulness in terms of battle intel because Jesus, Timing??

Let's start drama on the way to people who are 1. hard as hell to kill 2. kill people like others order pizza. I'm reasonably sure behavior like that ended in people getting fragged on more then one occasion.

Forget the amazing self centered issue for a moment and just appreciate the *stunning* lack of professionalism this implies. I'm stunned anyone in the Dallon / Pelham crew is still above ground if this sort of things acceptable behavior.

Vicky's still got amazing powers, but to be frank her worldviews so upgefucht at this point she may as well not have any. And if some peoples guesses are right, that could happen.* :eek:

I wont even get into the "Hi I'm in a brand new supersuit that I know zip about built by people who I intend to throw a tantrum at." /facepalm God Bless overrides I guess.

I look forward to seeing how this works out but TBH other then a few years therapy I don't see much hope for GG remaining a part of the team.

thanks for sharing,

G23

* I mean shit they have Blasto on the team they just clone her ass with a better outlook from the start. (Hello Cranial? how you fixed for teaching machines for Simulants and Bioroids? Yea pod people, basic agent training and social skills, uh huh, want another 10 years of tinkering for Christmas? Excellent.)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  5. Deltawaves1

Deltawaves1 Getting sticky.

Reily, you'd better crack out the hugbugs

6. Mastigos2

Mastigos2 Versed in the lewd.

I wonder how well Vicky would handle getting the same advice Lisa did about turning her thinker power inward on herself

7. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

I got a new one...Victoria's is a Char!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  8. Jackercracks

Jackercracks At Two With Nature

Ya'know, Vicky's crazy ass unreasonableness here actually saves her for me. Last few updates I was thinking "who gave Vicky a personality transplant?", but now she's back to being crazy, unreasonable, and soon-to-be shunted over into the next dimension to cool off. Or perhaps Khepri will opt to go for BEEEEEEEEES! The solution to all problems.

Either way, Vicky's always been a loose cannon and that was fine because her powers were reasonable. Now, however, she's a loaded piece of artillery pointed at a heavily populated area at lunchtime. Her power tells her the best way to destroy something and she knows *way* too many Pantheon secrets. I vote she gets mind wiped and de-powered (I'm pretty sure they could do that right?) before the inevitable explosion. They really need to get Rapture and Yamada on retainer.

If I were Khepri right now I would have a nice long rant as follows: Good God Glory Girl, would you get over it!? I. Am. Not. A. Villain. I give millions of dollars to charity. The Mayor comes to my parties. I make butterfly displays for children, My team stops so many crimes that the Protectorate only keeps capes in town for legal reasons. We've stopped so many supervillains that Brockton Bay no longer has any gangs *left*. I took out how many members of the Slaughterhouse 9? I literally gave my life to stop Butcher's rampage just a short while ago. We killed a goddamn Endbringer! So pretty please, with sugar on top, stop bitching about that one time my friend said mean things to my fiancée.

... I'm not mad :3

9. Nigel Burnelli Isaacs

Nigel Burnelli Isaacs Not too sore, are you?

Very nice update, but I only have one thing to say on that one: Victoria fucked good and something has to be made about her ASAP

You know what, I Will add something: Victoria's attitude here makes me want her to spent some time with Brian, just like Othala and Menja did.

I can get that she has trouble adjusting to her new circumstances and that her brain has been polluted with Brandish's brand of bullshit. But that's no excuse for what she is doing and how she is behaving here, especially towards Taylor now that she knows more about her, if she didn't one could almost excuse it given her last experiences with the girl.

Not only that, but she does it in the middle of a mission which is to be against potentially dangerous foes, so by behaiving like that she endangers everyone, especially given Taylor's role in things. This is a lot worse than Flechette's fuck up in a way, especially given Victoria's power.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
    Faraway-R, doomlord9 and Jackercracks like this.
  10. Snake/Eater

what about that part where she was hugging herself,did Riley or Amelia put an defense program to prevent Vicky or any clone from aggressively attacking the founders of Pantheon
    or just specifically Taylor.

Grell23 likes this.
  11. dasstan

dasstan :)

Amelia was listening in on the conversation. It seems like that was her cue to disable Vicky's powers. Either through Riley's power suppressing gas, or through the suit being in contact with the Yggdrasil.

A built in countermeasure in the clones themselves violates one or more of the Rules.

Sheaman3773, Divabot and TanaNari like this.
  12. Snake/Eater

Maybe Riley went behind their backs and installed the countermeasures or Amelia subconsciously planted it in the clones.its the first time they've crossed the "it's wrong" line.

Divabot likes this.
  13. pheonix89

pheonix89 Wanna be game dev

That was Taylor using the same system override she used vs Butcher.

Prince Charon and Divabot like this.
  14. dasstan

I don't think Amelia can use her powers subconsciously. If she could have, there would have been a lot less drama with Vicky, because Vicky would have ended up wanting Amelia right back.

I can't rule out the Riley thing, but the narrative points pretty heavily to it being a conscious decision on Amelia's part to remove the threat to her partner and to the mission.

Disappointment
    In regards to the fact that Vicky decided on this course of action.
    Anger
    At the above, and at the fact that she chose now to do it. Anger at threatening Taylor.
    Certainty
    Sure that the choice to disable the threat Vicky presents is a good one.
    Or that. But it's more dramatic for Amy to be the one to take Vicky out.

15. Threadmarks: Amelia, Ch 191- Victoria
    TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Amelia, Ch 191- Victoria

I struggled against the armor, even as it tightened its restraints against me. I activated my combat senses, trying to find a way to break out, but this suit had been designed for me. Able to absorb the energy I unleashed, to power its batteries. Able to withstand my superhuman strength. I reshaped my fingers into claws to dig my way out, but the armor regenerated faster than I could cut through.

"Vicky, how could you?" a voice, Amy's voice, asked me.

My eyes focused on Skitter for a second. A combination of fear and hesitation. Secrets she's afraid I've discovered. "Amy," I started. "You have to listen to me. She's controlling you. Some kind of emotion manipulation."

There was a hesitation. "Is that what you think's going on?"

"Think about it, Amy," I said gently. "Remember how you were so afraid to use your powers? Right after you got them, you made Aunt Sarah's cat glow. And that was the only time you ever did anything. From then on you refused to be anything more than a healer."

"I was afraid of being seen as the next Nilbog," she argued.

"I know, I know," I agreed. "But then you just change your mind one day. Not only that, but you did it in such a spectacular way. You built a super tree and living weapons to fight the Slaughterhouse Nine with."

"They needed to be stopped," she argued.

"Then you started working with the two people you hated most in the world," I continued. "Plus fucking Bonesaw."

"Who's been nothing but helpful and cooperative, if a bit weird," Amy countered.

"Riley's so nice it'd be creepy even if she wasn't guilty of crimes against humanity," I agreed. "Which should be a hint, Ames. You have freakin' Bonesaw on the team. And Missy, who was all 'serious business child soldier', and the son of Kaiser, and whatever the fuck the story is with Emma. Sure, they're all nice kids, but it's pretty fucking suspicious."

"Your group has some seriously scary brain rewriting tech. You can't trust your memories here, so think about it logically. You're engaged to a hetero girl and seem to be okay with that for no apparent reason. You're chained up to her with some weird emotion manipulation power. You have to see how they might have done something to your mind, right? You have to trust me. Let me go so I can help you."

"Vicky, if they were going to do that, why didn't they do it to you?"

"They probably figured that since I wasn't going to have powers, they wouldn't need to," I pointed out. "You told me that even the best precogs can't see trigger events, and thanks to my new powers I don't think they can rewrite my brain. Your girlfriend has been hostile toward me from the beginning."

"She'd probably be a bit nicer if you weren't constantly calling her a supervillain all the time," Amy argued.

"Because she is!" I shouted. "Dammit, Ames, listen to me. It's a lot more than her just not liking me. I can see her emotions, and she's... fuck, she's afraid of me on a level thats more than some worry I might punch her. She's... there's even some jealousy in there, like she needs to protect you from me. She's hiding one hell of a fucking secret, and this fits all the evidence. You're being controlled by them. Just let me go, and I can get you away from her influence. I can save you. Please."

"Vicky, she's not controlling me," Amy sighed.

"Then why would she be so afraid of having me around you?" I argued. "She refuses to say because she knows I can tell if she's lying."

"Fine," Amy snapped. "You really want to know what we've been trying to keep from you? Fine. Vicky, remember how you had that fucking emotion manipulation aura?"

"I remember it," I confirmed. Then I ran through my memories from after being awoken, just in case they did plant something in my mind. Yeah, it was a thing.

"And how we thought I was immune?" she added.

"You were exposed enough times to be resistant," I agreed. "Just like mom and dad. Even Aunt Sarah and Uncle Neil were able to ignore it after a few seconds."

"We weren't," she corrected. "Your aura has a residual effect. Depending on how much we'd been exposed. The reason we were able to function around your power is because it never wore off for us. For mom, it's part of why she was able to be nice to you, even though she was so cold to everyone else. Dad, well, I don't suppose you would have noticed that he only ever smiled when you were there. And me? I went through puberty with your power constantly telling me to love you."

Oh fuck, I realized with slowly dawning disgust and fear.

"You're not wrong about Taylor being jealous," Amy continued. "It's for the perfectly normal reasons that anyone should feel like that. She's afraid I might still be influenced by... those feelings."

"You mean..." please tell me I'm understanding her wrong.

"Yeah, she's afraid I might still be in love with you."

"And... and are you?" I had to ask. I didn't want to, but I had to.

"I'm trying not to be," she admitted. "It's a lot easier to ignore than it was before, with your aura active. But four years of power enforced unrequited love doesn't just go away in a few months. Taylor knows that, and has been more understanding than I could have hoped, and that's just one of the reasons I love her. I can't say she's been all that accepting toward you, but under the circumstances, can you blame her?"

"So... fuck... all that time?" I asked, hesitantly. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Tell you what?" she scoffed. "Hey, sis, I just had my first wet dream. Guess what you were doing in it! Yeah, that would have gone over wonderfully. Carol would have triggered with the ability to go back in time and undo ever adopting me in the first place."

"Well, as far as pickup lines go, it's not even close to the worst I've ever heard," I attempted to add a little humor to the situation. "Now if I promise to play nice, will you please release your control over my armor? I'm not a fan of being tied up like this."

"Are you going to apologize to Taylor?" she asked.

"Hey, she could have just told me what I asked the first time," I insisted. "She's a supervillain with mind control tech who's engaged to my sister. The burden is on her to prove she's not using it to take advantage of you."

"She's not taking advantage of me," Amy insisted yet again. "We can prove it, if you like."

"How?" I asked, suspiciously.

"That bond between us can be turned off," she informed. "We like it being on, for all kinds of reasons. Not the least of which is because it fucks with thinkers like you and Lisa. It even works on precogs like Dinah. You can talk to her, without the bond."

"Okay," I reluctantly agreed. I felt the suit relax. I looked toward Skitter. "Okay, Ames said something about you coming clean," I told her.

"Yeah, I overheard the conversation," she said without any shame at spying on something that should have been private. Although now I could see her emotions for what they were, instead of filtered through that bond. 'Taylia', they called it. She was angry, jealous and insecure. I wasn't a mind reader, I only knew what they were feeling, I had to guess the why. Although in that case it seemed pretty obvious.

"Amelia and I joined forces to kill the last of the Nine and get revenge for the death of half my team, and you. Riley was her idea. Yes, we have used the mind altering tech, more than once. Never on Amelia. I love her, and if you dare imply otherwise again, I'll kick you off this team just so she doesn't have to. Is that good enough for your lie detection power? Can we get back to the actual mission? Or do we need to have a conversation about the residual effects of your love-me-field and all the relationship issues it's causing between me and my fiancee?"

"No," I conceded. She's telling the truth. I watched her relax and her turmultuous angry feelings broke and dissolved into a much happier, though still guarded, state. That's what Taylia's capable of? I asked myself. No fucking wonder I can't read them. "So what now?" I asked.

"Now we pretend this never happened," she commanded. "And go use your power to figure out a way to stop one of the biggest assholes on the continent that isn't currently in the birdcage. That's what we do."

"Uh... yeah," I agreed. "I can do that."

=============

A/N- Fridge Horror: there's no way you can be sure Vicky's wrong about all this.

Bonus Fridge Horror: Vicky actually HAS heard worse pickup lines.

16. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

You sure know how to curate an active thread. :p

I look forward to many replies to this line.

17. dasstan

Unrequited

S'not what you told Zach and Emma.

Yay, drama mostly averted!

18. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

Hey baby, wanna jack my slash?

19. dasstan

Gallant: Orgasmo.....PUNCH.
    Vicky: Huh, okay. Why not?

20. Alterego9

Alterego9 Know what you're doing yet?

It's Amelia who could technically suspect that her earlier memories are fake, but we have read them happening in real time, so Vicky being right would take all the earlier narrative actually being a recollection of Amelia's faked delusions, even the ones that were told from others' POV.

21. Nigel Burnelli Isaacs

And that is just an extremely big mistake...But eh this is the pantheon after all.

Clockblocker: You know my clock isn't always blocked

22. dasstan

Clockblocker: Hey gurl, I can make the Earth stand still for you.

23. Izicata

Izicata AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME

More to the point, if Vicky is right and Amy's been mindscrewed, why is Vicky bringing this up in front of Taylor? Obviously the evil villains would have made Amy completely loyal to them and incapable of disobeying an order in any way, just like they did with Coil. What Vicky would need to do is kidnap Amy, completely isolate her from Pantheon, and take her to the Protectorate so Amy can go through anti-master deprogramming.

It's almost like Vicky just doesn't think this stuff through.

24. Nigel Burnelli Isaacs

Well she doesn't and that's her problem, I would even argue it has always been. And the worst why bring that up in the midle of a mission.

25. Helpless Kitten

Helpless Kitten A dumb asexual cat

Kid Win: *sighs* Hey babe, wanna upgrade me to 'Man Win'? On a related topic, never give Clockblocker the chance to win an unspecified dare against you in a bet...

26. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

My halberd is multifunction and fully equipped.

27. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Wouldn't work. Or, it WOULD work, but then Vicky would know what she was currently feeling, whether or not she was lying, and both the best way to kill herself and the best way to avoid allowing herself to kill herself.

Hey, if you can't be a great writer, at least be good at working the crowd, right?

Yeah. The author would have to be a real dick to do something like that, right?

28. Nigel Burnelli Isaacs

Had the same ne but with Mister Win instead of Man Win

Armsmaster: Hey, wanna help me lubricate my Halberd ?

29. Automatonation

Automatonation Not too sore, are you?

Dragon drools, and gives a weak - but enthusiastic - thumbs up.

30. ArdadLili

ArdadLili Not too sore, are you?

In all seriousness though, a troll ending on a story this long would be odd, too much effort to get enough payoff.

I think Vicky may be a bit more aggressive than seems reasonable when she knows Amelia and Taylor have some kind of instant communication. Even someone with Vicky's canon sense of invincibility would be a bit more circumspect in her threats in my opinion.

I mean if you think they are mindfucking people already, whats the chance of them being unwilling to do worse if you make things awkward.

Then again I may be giving Vicky too much credit, Thinker powers do seem to lend themselves to intellectual laziness in some cases in canon.

TanaNari and Divabot like this.