1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. dasstan

dasstan :)

Personally, I'd find the effort required in that kind of trolling to be satisfying in its own sort of way. Plus all the fridge horror that it would cause when looking back at the fic would be a thing of beauty.

EchoDragon, fireball900 and TanaNari like this.
  2. Flammy

Flammy Gone for Good

Not sure you've noticed or been informed yet, TanaNari but the index link for this last chapter is just the URL without the chapter name.

3. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

Congratulations Vicky!

The world does revolve around you! Isn't that awesome? Isn't it?!

What, you mean it's horrible? I thought you liked being the center of everything?

4. tilkau

tilkau Not too sore, are you?

I think you might be projecting your own 'circumspectness' onto Victoria here. She isn't -stupid-, but she is stupidly impetuous, a tendency that both powersets she's had encouraged. 'She just didn't think it through' is like her life story. If the threat isn't immediately apparent, forget it.

IMO, she is only noticably capable of reason when her feelings are not inflamed. She's just being an attack dog here, which I find 100% believable personally.

(Like Lisa or Contessa, Thinker powers don't care if you use them to be superhumanly idiotic, just that you use them. On reflection, being superhumanly idiotic may even be a positive in shard's view.)

I dunno if I've communicated that well, but what I'm trying to point out is that she is aware of 'bad things' but hasn't genuinely considered the possibility of those 'bad things' being applied to her; they are just fuel for her self-righteous behaviour.
    It's like, you understand that at any time, a nuke could possibly be dropped on your head. But you don't -believe- that that could actually happen, despite the fact that if I ask you, you will probably admit the possibility. It just isn't real for her.

(Which is really understandable, actually. All the events that have happened.. most of them are probably not real to her either, they are just like statistics / trivia.)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  5. Faraway-R

Faraway-R Getting sticky.

It totally doesn't break the habits shards inherited from entities.

doomlord9, TanaNari, Divabot and 2 others like this.
  6. tilkau

Yeah, I just realized the Scion/Eden parallel as I read your post ;)

TanaNari and Divabot like this.
  7. Slayer Anderson

So...TanaNari, question...

Taylor, Vicky, and Amelia were having this conversation on a rooftop in Houston, right?

They weren't using stealth tech, they were just standing out in the open and having a really, really private conversation?

So...directional microphones are a thing, right? I mean, how long would it take for a news van to respond to something like Pantheon being in the area?

So, what are the odds that some/most of this conversation is going to be on the evening news?

Divabot likes this.
  8. DasNiveau

DasNiveau Getting some practice in, huh?

Internal suit comm? I mean all battleready.

9. Nigel Burnelli Isaacs

Nigel Burnelli Isaacs Not too sore, are you?

That's why you have Coil in the Basement Working for you as trusted PRT director.

SwiftRosenthal, TanaNari and Divabot like this.
  10. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

Add in the fact that planers of the raid on Houston just turned off their anti-thinker love force field deep in Fallen territory, where the other side has a dime store precog...Yeah Vicky is probably feeling like the smartest person in the room.

11. Slayer Anderson

Right, it's possible that it's less of a concern given their suits. Not sure if they were on comms or not, given that Vicky and Amy might not have wanted that broadcast to the entire time, but they probably have a selectable option of who to include.
    That...is more of a concern, and a reason Vicky should be getting shit about this for weeks to come.

12. Nigel Burnelli Isaacs

Nigel Burnelli Isaacs Not too sore, are you?

The more I read about Vicky the more I wonder where Riley keeps her stash of power supressing drug...

13. dasstan

Knowing Riley? Probably in a specialized container in her jaw bone, or something, so that she can emergency vent it at whoever has her captured and is gloating.

14. Peanuckle

Peanuckle Versed in the lewd.

I think that Vicky's reaction to the confession was a little underblown. She just found out that her sister had been majorly crushing on her for years, because she mindraped her into it.

I mean, that's "I have to go dry-heave for a few hours" territory. There's an awful lot of bad things tied up there, it doesn't seem appropriate for them to basically wave it off.

15. dasstan

Shock. It makes sense for something that major not to really sink in for a while. Well, it makes sense of people that don't have thinker powers augmenting their perception, anyway.

boonerunner, Divabot and Pyro Hawk like this.
  16. Slayer Anderson

I'm thinking it hasn't quite sunk in yet. You'll notice that she immediately blames *Taylor* for causing the strife in the team by not letting he know about this when she first asked. Combined with the fact that she's still blaming the 'supervillain' with the 'mind altering tech' for listening in on a private conversation in a public venue that *Vicky* forced them to have about a very personal subject...

I think Victoria has problems conceptualizing something might be 'her fault.' When it sinks in, though...

17. Zaranoth

Zaranoth Getting sticky.

Leviathan: "Wanna catch a shower?;)"

Ziz: "My magic watch says your not wearing any underwear... oh, sorry, it must be a little slow"

Behemoth: "I've made thousands of girls scream;)"

18. dasstan

Lisa: Hey, Rapture, can you do us a solid?
    Rapture: What? *looks around. Spots Vicky.*
    Rapture: Oh, Jesus.
    Halo: Hey!
    Rapture: Sorry.

19. Helpless Kitten

Helpless Kitten A dumb asexual cat

Siberian:*Stares intently*

Vicky: Um... What's wrong with her?

Jack: That's her way of saying "I want you in my mouth."

Siberian:*twitches minutely*

Jack: And that's how she says "Literally nothing can keep us apart!"

Ryuketsu, Focus13, tordg and 30 others like this.
  20. Izicata

Izicata AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME

They are literally in the middle of enemy territory. They don't have time to dry-heave for a few hours, they need to go fight some supervillains. Waving this off, and coming back to it when they're on safe ground, is entirely appropriate.

21. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

They didn't have time for this bullshit either, but here they are.

22. tilkau

The concept of dry-heaving for a few hours, or even more than, at most, a few seconds, is.. baffling to me. I don't understand why this discussion is even occurring. Is Victoria really the kind of person who is easily disgusted? Or is she the kind of person that just shrugs and bulls on, even when she should be like whoa, look at all those implications?

Ryuketsu, Sheaman3773 and TanaNari like this.
  23. gunghoun

gunghoun The Hero of Man (v2.0)

Brandish: I've never felt as safe with anyone else inside me as I did with you!

24. snthsnth

snthsnth Versed in the lewd.

I find any description of the duration of a bodily function to usually be one or two units of measure longer than would be reasonable. Like 'I cried for hours', no, you cried for 30 minutes. It FELT like hours.

TanaNari likes this.
  25. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

Hyperbole guys.

26. selonianth

selonianth Writer of Words

Neither of you would happen to be named Sheldon and be a physicist would you?

27. snthsnth

snthsnth Versed in the lewd.

I've seen it used literally, and I don't much care for it even if it's not. It breaks my suspension of disbelief.

Hilarious.

fireball900 and TanaNari like this.
  28. tilkau

When you stub your toe and say it felt like you were going to die, that's hyperbole.
    This is more like stubbing your toe and saying you were so agonized you vented white-hot flames of agony from every orifice, vaporizing the Earth.
    There are limits, even for hyperbole, when you exceed them you stop sounding stupid in a funny way and just sound stupid.

EDIT: Hmm, I think that was a bad example. Rereading it, that actually -is- funny, in a TTGL-ish 'so incredibly over the top it's actually kind of awesome' way.

fireball900, GiftofLove and TanaNari like this.
  29. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Taylor and Vicky were having this conversation on the ground in another dimension near where Houston would be if it existed in that reality, yes. Amelia wasn't actually there in person. The part where Vicky was like "so, just the two of us, now time for this confrontation", and then Amelia was able to lock down her armor, force it to regenerate, AND spoke to her via com system should have indicated all this.

Who said it'd be the end? It could totally be the beginning of a brand new arc of suffering!

Especially when that thinker power happily assures you with "You can tear her to pieces and there's nothing she can do about it". Which was true. Nothing Taylor could done to stop her.

It would, wouldn't it?

It's more like Vicky's brain going "okay, I really don't want to think about this. EVER. Hey, look, a distraction to punch!"

30. daimahou

daimahou Gentleman Tentacle(s)

Now I want to see a Dragon suit going "ROCKET PUNCH!".

I think most people wouldn't like the "troll ending" "beginning of a brand new arc of suffering" because we would have to re-read 190 chapters to truly appreciate it.

EchoDragon, fireball900 and TanaNari like this.