1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

Yeah, really hoping to see Lisa or Ruth have a Talk with Vicky about her behavior, methods, and issues.

I sort of wonder if her Thinker power is the kind she can't use on herself, though. If it is, that could make things easier, to some degree, but it's certainly possible that it isn't.

Navrin and GiftofLove like this.
  2. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Woo! Praise through insults! The best kind.

It's a business provided email. Y'know the kind you pay for instead of being free?

Which 'they'? With exception to Vicky, most of the current cast has known each other for five months or longer.

.... That's a long time for teenagers.... especially emotionally troubled ones.

Hell, pre timeskip Worm took place in a span of three months.

Boys have their swords. Writers have their innuendos.

It's lines like this that make me feel like people aren't really paying attention to the story. *sigh*

It's lines like this that make me feel people aren't paying attention to the posts I make that aren't part of the story, either. *sigh*

I've asked this before and have yet to get an answer. How is Vicky's thinker power remotely equipped to be self therapy?

Unless she needs to know the perfect way to give herself a massage, there's not an awful lot self discovery that a bioscan can offer.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  3. Deltawaves1

Deltawaves1 Getting sticky.

ReillyXTheoXMissy OT3som?

4. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

I just realized if Vicky is as crazy as I suspect,with her shapeshifter power she could date herself and scary enough.... Start a family.

5. dasstan

dasstan :)

"I am a strong, independent woman and I don't need no man!"
    And following the teenager trope, they will break up and get back together seven times before they part for college.

Ryuketsu, Gear, Clandistine1 and 10 others like this.
  6. Ichypa

Ichypa I trust you know where the happy button is?

So...isn't Riley still like, ten? Not to smack her feelings but could this even be considered boy trouble? I don't think she's physically mature enough to be "attracted" to Theo, so maybe this is like the crushes kids have on their older siblings and friends?

(TheoxMissyxTrevorxRune btw)

*Sees ZackxVicky ship disappearing beyond the horizon*
    Wait, no, come back. Who are we supposed to ship Vicky with now? I mean, shapeshifter, so technically we can ship he with anyone who isn't in a relationship already. BUT WHO?!

daimahou likes this.
  7. thatavidreader

thatavidreader Getting out there.

I completely agree. Holy fuck, Her social obliviousness was masked and reinforced by her "like me" aura throughout her formative years, and her new thinker power has only made it worse. Tananari has made a few characters made likeable to a degree that I couldn't imagine was previously possible, but has also done an excellent job of making sure Victoria has continued to be a despicable piece of shit.

Godwinson, GiftofLove and Divabot like this.
  8. Navrin

Navrin Experienced.

Maybe I'm failing my social awareness checks, but I think Vicky was lying through her teeth in order to be "self-sacrificing" and "heroic".

9. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

Just...putting this crazy, crazy idea out there, but...

Vicky just got back from being dead, her long-time boyfriend died weeks ago from her POV, and has just been informed that she was a major destabilizing factor in her entire family's life due to her aura.

...she may not be ready for a romantic relationship right now.

Ryuketsu, Trooper1021, tordg and 22 others like this.
  10. Alterego9

Alterego9 Know what you're doing yet?

She was 12 in canon, she might be 13 now, a few months younger than Theo. Maybe she is not sexually attracted to Theo, but for all we know, neither is Missy.

In either case, she has such a control over her biology, that probably she would start puberty exactly when she wants to. In canon, even after the time skip she suppressed it, likely she would do the same here out of habit, unless she actively decides to want to grow up.

TanaNari and Divabot like this.
  11. dasstan

That isn't even magical tinkertech, either.

Alterego9, Navrin and Snake/Eater like this.
  12. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

Yeah, and honestly Riley might have decided to go through puberty specifically because her best friend Missy was doing it. I could totally see that happening.

Or maybe they're discussing mates gossiping about boys, and Riley wants to know what this "sexual attraction" thing is all about, so she can help her bestie optimize for it.

13. Slayer Anderson

Okay, I've spent a few minutes looking and can't find it, but I distinctly remember Riley thinking that she wasn't going to inhibit her puberty-related growth. It was during a conversation she was having with Missy, probably the same one where Theo's 'perfect mate' attributes were being expounded upon.

Anyway, from what I can remember, Riley wanted to experience all of the 'normal' things a girl her age should, especially coming off the Slaughterhouse-lifestyle she'd been living. So, yeah, probably not going to happen.

Ryuketsu, tordg, Faraway-R and 7 others like this.
  14. Inverness

Inverness The Foxiest Wife

Riley has to know what sexual attraction is being what she is. Experiencing it though is another matter entirely.

Zarohk and Divabot like this.
  15. Threadmarks: Ch 200- Crystal
    TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Amelia, Ch 200- Crystal

I got to 'work' early, today. Not that I did much, really, but it was nice to show up and participate. All my classes were in the afternoon, anyway. I spotted Vicky laying down on the back of the couch, staring at the ceiling. "Hey, 'cuz," I said. "You know, there's this thing humans do with their furniture, known as sitting. I know, it sounds really strange, but you should totally try it."

"I'm good like this," she answered. She learned her head back and looked at me upside down. "Zach and Emma really wore me out last night."

I paused for a second. What? No, couldn't be. "Speaking of, how is Zach? I haven't had much chance to talk to him lately."

"Happy," she answered. "He finally made his move last night."

"It took him this long?" I dropped down in a chair. "Jeez, it took him all of three hours to try for the rest of us. He must really like you."

"I shot him down," she sighed.

"Why?" I asked. "I mean, I thought you-"

"I found out what I did to Amy," she spoke. Uh... fuck... maybe it's not what I'm thinking. Please don't be what I'm thinking "My old Glory Girl aura. How badly it messed her up." Oh holy fuck. "Ah, so how long did you know about that?"

"A while," I reluctantly admitted. "Found out somewhere late June, early July. It's been a hectic last few months and I can't quite remember."

"And now I'm thinking about Dean," she added. "You know, we never argued in person. It was always over the phone. That's when we'd fight over how much time he was spending in the Wards. That's when we'd break up over whatever stupid shit we broke up over that week. Then we'd just make up again once we met in person. I didn't even think it was my power. Now? It's the only thing I can think about. Except when I feel bad that I don't feel worse about what happened to Amy."

"Well, Amy did get over it," I offered. "And now she's engaged, world famous, and spends her days stomping whole cities worth of villains while worrying about how to kill an alien space whale virus god. Seriously, did you hear about Indianapolis?"

"No, what?" she asked.

"Apparently a few of the Fallen we missed were hiding out there," I told her. "The PRT found the bodies executed thanks to an anonymous tip. One had his face blown off, one was skinned, and one, well, someone worked him over with a sledgehammer or something like it. The investigators are pretty sure they were there to join one of the local crime bosses after we broke their organization, and he killed them as a sort of peace offering to us. Or at least a 'please don't come over here' offering."

"Really?" her eyes widened. "Fuck."

"Yeah. Fuck," I agreed. "It's really hard to feel sorry for Amy when she's the leader of a team that scares powerful crime lords like that."

"God, when did this happen?" she did a casual twist and rolled off the back of the couch onto her feet.

"Heard it on the news late last night," I told her. "It'll probably feature heavily in the morning meeting. I don't think we can let people get away with shit like that."

"Good, I could really use a new punching bag," Vicky answered. "See you on the battlefield."

"Not so fast, girl," I sighed. "We're not done talking about you and Zach."

"Really? Triple homocide and apparently I was mini-Heartbreaker, and you want to talk about relationship drama? C'mon, Crystal, you're the one who used to make fun of me for that stuff."

"Zach's a friend of mine," I argued. "And you're family. This is important. How'd he take it? Did you at least let him down gently?"

"Not really," she replied. "Both barrels of 'you're a nice guy' and 'we should remain friends'." I flinched inwardly. "But, hey, at least I didn't use 'it's not you, it's me', right? That has to count for something."

"Something," I reluctantly agreed. Seriously, Vicky, what the fuck?

"I also pretty much shoved Emma onto his lap," she added. "Figuratively speaking."

What? "What?" I was stunned. "Why would you do that? Is this just so you don't have to feel bad about turning him down? Because that is either one of the nicest or bitchiest things I have ever heard of in my life, and I can't figure out which."

"I was doing it anyway," she admitted. "Even before... finding out about Amy. I don't know how to describe what it looks like to watch someone pretend to despise someone that they love, but I couldn't just ignore it."

"Yeah, but... what about them just being friends?" I asked.

"And what?" she asked. "I still would have turned him down. Seriously, I mind raped my little sister into lusting after me for years, I'll never know how Dean honestly felt about me, ever. I'm really not interested in being in a relationship with anyone right now."

I put my hand on my cousin's shoulder. It was so rare to see her act like this. "It'll get better. Zach would have understood."

"I know," she agreed. "Maybe I'll regret this, later. Right now? At least this way he doesn't have to be all mopey about it. I feel bad enough as it is, I can at least spare myself other people being miserable around me." She looked me in the eyes. "If I tell you a secret, will you promise to not say anything about it ever again? To anyone. You'll just pretend like it never happened?"

"As long as it doesn't hurt anyone," I agreed.

"I don't want to feel guilty for Zach hurting," she told me. "Or anyone. I can handle making people annoyed or angry. I can handle killing sacks of shit like Baal. But... knowing how bad I hurt Amy... that's enough guilt for one lifetime."

"It's not your fault," I told her. "You didn't know your aura worked like that, and Amy tends to hide things. And even if you were at fault, you shouldn't feel like that needs to be a secret," I consoled. "Feeling bad for doing bad things is fine. Riley does it all the time and it makes people want to hug her."

"Amy would blame herself if she knew," Vicky pointed out. "And that'd just make me feel worse."

"Okay, that's a good reason to keep it from Amy," I agreed. "But maybe you should say that to Taylor. I'm sure she'd appreciate knowing you feel bad for what happened. You really should try to patch things up with her. She is your future sister in law and such."

"Probably," she agreed. "But I feel bad about that, too. If it wasn't for what I did, would Amy be enganged to a straight girl?"

"I've asked that question a few times, myself," I admitted. "And I'm pretty sure the answer is yes."

"What makes you so sure?" she looked at me. Her eyes were a mix of hope and skepticism.

"Taylia," I answered. "They're together because of that link. And that comes from their powers, not anything you did. Whatever's going on with Amy, you didn't do anything like that to Taylor. She is, as you said, straight. And she's engaged to a lesbian. It'd be like if I were dating Legend."

"You would," she smirked.

"So would you!" I exclaimed. "Dude's goddamn hot. But the point is, if that happened, people would be wondering what was up with him, not me. Same deal. Lesbian dating another girl, that makes sense. Straight girl dating another girl, not so much. Taylia's strong enough to make that happen. Adorably, I might add. The two of them are so happy together that it sometimes makes me want to punch them both just so they do something other than smile at each other. So, yeah, that part isn't your fault. Or your aura's fault. Blame the fucking space whale virus gods that are going to blow up and eat our planet."

"That makes me feel a lot better," she sighed.

"Christ, Vicky, the way you were talking... you were planning something stupid, weren't you?"

She looked away. "I'm invoking the 'talk to no one, not even me' promise," she muttered.

"That was only if no one was going to get hurt," I argued. "This, this sounds like someone was going to get hurt."

"It's not going to happen, so don't worry about it," she argued. "It wasn't going to happen at all. Just the guilt speaking."

"You weren't going to kill yourself, were you?"

"What? No!" she exclaimed. "Fuck, how's that suppose to make anyone feel better? Besides, even if I wanted to Amy would just have me brought back anyway. And Riley would probably surgically install a chip in my brain to keep me from trying it again."

"Why don't you just tell me what it is?"

"Fine, but I mean it with that promise," she insisted. "You tell no fucking one, ever. Not even me."

"If it won't hurt anyone," I repeated.

"It'll never happen," she insisted. "I knew it was a bad idea the moment it popped into my head." She looked around. "Okay, now or never."

"Fine, I promise," I sighed. "We'll never speak of it again."

She clenched her hands together and lowered her head. "I thought that, since it was my fault she spent three years like that, with my aura. It'd be fair if I... umm... volunteered myself. Gave her what she wanted."

"What the hell, Victoria!" I exclaimed.

"I know! I told you it was a bad idea and I'd never do it!"

"I hope not! The only thing dumber than that would be if some retard tried to revive the dead entity!"

=============

A/N- It's been a while since Crystal got an interlude, too.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  16. Jans

Jans That which smiles.

*blinks*

Did you skip chapter 200?

TanaNari likes this.
  17. Mogget

Mogget Know what you're doing yet?

Taylor already tried that Victoria, it didn't work out so well.

18. gustyeagle

gustyeagle Know what you're doing yet?

Cauldron/Saint/Trickster: *Whistles innocently*

19. Impartial Panic

Impartial Panic I trust you know where the happy button is?

Did anyone else get that chill down their spine?
    it's that feeling when someone pokes Mr Murphy with a sharp stick repeatedly.

Emma: sorry but the process has a 100% mortality rate.

Ryuketsu, eNBious, Noelemahc and 30 others like this.
  20. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

Exactly. In order to relate to her bestie, she'd go through puberty.

Put the gun down, Mr. Chekov, and slowly back away.

21. tkioz

tkioz Getting sticky.

Vicky, stop using your Wis as a dump stat!

22. Dreadis

Dreadis No idea whats going on

I suddenly have a bad feeling.

23. dasstan

What's that? A Parahuman that can absorb other powers just by engulfing them in darkness? And we have the body of a dead entity right here? Golly.
    Scion x Brian. The ship no one saw coming.

24. sworded

sworded Know what you're doing yet?

Well it's not like Cauldron might be poking around trying to figure out how to get the shards that they 'harvested' to start recharging...

25. selonianth

selonianth Writer of Words

It's not a bad feeling if it's that obvious... No way TanaNari would be THAT obvious... Would he?

26. AkuArkaine

AkuArkaine Getting out there.

I've always pictured her as a female Caramon Majere. Wis as a dump stat is the rule for the type.

27. akitsu91

akitsu91 Out-rageous!

I dunno it could work...

28. Slayer Anderson

...Vicky, if you can't see Khepri, she can still see you. If you *can* see Khepri, you dun goofed. You'll be seeing her soon, I'm sure.
    Yes, yes, you'll be seeing her very soon indeed. I enjoy the fact that this really emphasizes how different the effect of certain information has on someone depending on the circumstances they find out about it.

Also, Khepri was listening to you Vicky. This...is probably not a good thing. Granted, it's probably better than if you *actually went through with the offer.* Maybe Amy should consider telling Vicky about the *full* circumstances around her sister's death?
    ...I don't know, it ended pretty well in Ack's Hope Comes To Brockton Bay, but...yeah, probably still a really bad idea, all things considered.
    On reflection, this should probably be a spoiler, since it happens in the last chapter of Hope Comes to Brockton Bay. Umm...don't read it if you want it to be a surprise?

29. dasstan

[Fix-fic intensifies]

30. Slayer Anderson

No, Vicky, no one wants to talk about the Triple Homicide Blood Sacrifice to the Deities of Pantheon. Everyone wants to talk about the impacts of relationship drama...and dead spacewhales, that too. Even the people on this board.
    Man, this guy. ^This guy^ fucking called it. Isn't he awesome? Huh? Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go get my old trumpet and toot my own horn a bit...:p

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
    Ryuketsu, Nytemaren, tordg and 13 others like this.