1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Gladiusone

Gladiusone Well worn.

Or alternately, Missy/Clarice/Reilly.

TanaNari, Snake/Eater and pepperjack like this.
  2. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

No no, it's a trick answer! The answer is Taylor/Amelia/Taylia after the Taylia bond becomes sentient/sapient. It counts because Taylor and Amelia are everywhere while in the treehouse and Taylia is on the border of being a real...girl? Shard? Entity? It's becoming a something and many happy times will be had.

3. pepperjack

pepperjack A Variety of Cheese

Taylia/Lisa/Alexandria. A true meeting of the minds.

(Taylor and Amelia are off doing their own thing. Lisa glances at them, then back at Alexandria. Alexandria quirks an eyebrow.

Bliss.)

4. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

what would would be the name of that ship? vertically bonesawed

5. Beyogi

Beyogi I trust you know where the happy button is?

Um... can't they just make something like Clarice for her? While Emma may not be able to use her biological body for this purpose, what keeps them from creating a drone body for her that doesn't have those problems?

gustyeagle and Snake/Eater like this.
  6. Snake/Eater

Emma/Zach/Dinah/Riley/Missy/Theo/Trevor i name this love boat "FINAL FANTASY 7"or 8 if Clarice counts
    Zach/Theo/Trevor - The Bromancers or the ¡Three Amigos!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
    TanaNari likes this.
  7. Jackercracks

Jackercracks At Two With Nature

I did not know that this forum had an ignore function, but now that I've found it things appear to be much improved.

Divabot and .IronSun. like this.
  8. Snake/Eater

thats pretty dickish of you to say:( at least what jaelin910 said was actually funny and cleverly insulting.

9. Grell23

Grell23 Making the rounds.

[QUOTE

Bonus scene:

"What are the odds the author's going to be a dick and not tell the audience what's going on?"

"As if you even need to ask."[/QUOTE]

Excellent as always and rest assured if 'brutal honesty' was a superpower you'd have the shard within moments of hitting Bet.

So much enjoyment so little time to reply, bah.

Thank you so much for the continuing fun that is this story.

G23

gustyeagle, Snake/Eater and TanaNari like this.
  10. Sheaman3773

Sheaman3773 (Unverified Writer)

The subset of writers who like to tease outside of the story and the subset of writers who like to tease inside the story are not identical.

Or in other words, they might be coy outside of the story, but that doesn't mean that information directly given to us is invalid.

daimahou, TanaNari and Snake/Eater like this.
  11. DeAnno

DeAnno Power over Versatility

It was implied when Emma got caped that there was something to do with her nervous system that was re-routed. The part of her brain those nerves are supposed to plug into might not exist anymore. I think Bonesaw could maybe do something, but it would probably be pretty invasive.

TanaNari and Snake/Eater like this.
  12. cosoco

cosoco Not too sore, are you?

Remember, this is the wording of his question:
    So, if Zach and Emma had a threesome with someone outside of the room, that would count.

Zach x Emma x Dream Girl OT3?

TanaNari likes this.
  13. dasstan

dasstan :)

Dream Girl's waterlogged body, maybe?

TanaNari likes this.
  14. edale

edale Versed in the lewd.

Admit it, you just posted that song because I posted the original "Hallelujah" (the classical one) yesterday.
    If he really has ignored you, then he can't see what you said in response...

Honestly, you're not that bad... It's just hard to tell if you're serious or trolling ½ the time.... and those frequent vid drops were annoying, but completely ignorable since you started spoiler tagging them.

TanaNari and Snake/Eater like this.
  15. Snake/Eater

Dream Girl's a floater now in Scion's toilet that we call earth.

16. SirKaid

SirKaid Know what you're doing yet?

A floater? Please. Riley's a professional. Dream Girl's a sinker.

17. Snake/Eater

i'm still holding out for a hero...to write a christmas carol omake staring Accord as scourge or a story about Lily dealing with her relationship problems in a unusually funny and heart warming way possible i titled "Lily is a Juggalette.... Hilarity,Miscommunication and a explosion Ensues" hopefully noncanon

18. cosoco

cosoco Not too sore, are you?

I like the cut of your jib.

19. tordg

tordg (Unverified Idiot)

If only I could draw worth shit...

I seem to recall lines specifically noting deadened taste and touch (and so presumably smell) in a couple of chapters. I might also be remembering an implication of general incapacity for most physical pleasures. Presumably these have been replaced with Tinker senses. Despite her body/brain being "optimized for neurological efficiency", she does appear to retain a romantic/sexual orientation, which I suppose makes sense due to how much conflict comes from such. At this point I suspect a changeling to allow her to participate as a warm body would be her limit on having sex. Given her energy limits and how she regenerates I don't imagine Riley having much success modifying this. I therefore predict that Emma would place much more emphasis on romantic fulfilment than sexual fulfilment.

20. Alterego9

Alterego9 Know what you're doing yet?

Though on the long term this still doesn't exclude her from The Prophecy, after they are done with saving the world, she could eventually just retire her brainstate into a powerless, non-regenrating body, and then have the relevant neurons fixed.

21. Threadmarks: Amelia, Ch 243- Riley
    TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Amelia, Ch 243- Riley

Victoria walked into the meeting room looking almost solemn. "Everybody, I have an announcement to make," she started.

"She got her ass handed to her at the poker game last night, and now she's moving to California," Lisa interrupted. What? Oh no.

"What?" Amelia and I asked together.

"First, those two events are completely unrelated," Vicky started. "Second, you're a bitch. And third, how was I suppose to know my powers didn't work on poker games?"

"Well, if I were you, I would have tried playing poker before challenging three high end Thinkers to a game," Lisa repied.

"Let's just back the conversation up a minute," Taylor interrupted. "What's this about moving to California?"

"Alexandria invited me," Vicky answered. "We got into the conversation about the Elite being a pain in the ass, and how our alliance of indie groups pretty much stops around the halfway mark in the country. Since it's physically painful how boring it is around here, I'm going out west to start my own team. Y'know, kick around a few villains, take a few names, video tape my fights and put them online. Why did you guys stop doing that, anyway?"

"That's actually a pretty good idea," Taylor agreed.

"Mom is going to flip out," Amelia added. From the tone of her voice, that sounded like an approval of the plan.

"I'm going to miss you," I told her.

"Don't worry about it, Mushroom," Vicky insisted. "I'll have Eric bring me back on the weekends. In fact, I'll take him with me so I can come back whenever I want. It'll be like I'm not even gone."

"Wait, when did I agree to any of this?" Eric asked.

"You became the property of the most attractive woman in the room when you gave up the power of boobs," Vicky retorted. "Besides, this is LA we're talking about here. You're not going to convince me that you don't like the idea of hanging out on the beaches. Maybe you'll be discovered by an agent and become a movie star or something. Then you'll have all the girls throwing themselves at you."

"Make you a deal," he replied. "Instead of trying to get me set on fire, how about you try asking nicely?"

"Well, sure, if you want to take all the fun out of it," Vicky sighed. "So, would you like to join my totally badass team? Crystal's going to be there. Plus Lily and Sabah. I'll talk to them after they're done with their hangovers."

"Oh, sure, take pretty much every adult on the team," Taylor remarked.

"Well, I can't take the kids," Vicky argued. "You need the Tinkers to do what they do with the whole world ending shit. Zach's going to stick with Emma. Maybe I could talk Theo and Missy into coming along." My heart jumped. Not them. "But that ruins Zach and Theo's bromance. And now that I'm done with school, it's up to Missy and Clarice to represent how awesome we are at Arcadia. The legacy must go on. Besides, they're going to have to show Dinah the ropes when she get there next year. The three of them are going to be too adorable to contemplate."

Taylor and Amelia looked at one another, and their eyes flickered as they conversed via Taylia.

"We'll need to set some ground rules," Lisa replied. "Assuming Crystal even wants to go, that means she's in charge. Eric and Lily are too valuable to the Exodus project to go with you. Not that it really matters, you're already more than strong enough to hold your own. If anything, with the Elite's focus on Master and Stranger capes, Lily is too much of a liability. Plus Faultline is putting a lot of effort into recruiting Eric, I wouldn't want to disappoint her."

Eric spoke next, his voice controlled, but it wasn't hard to recognize anger and hurt. "Are you saying-"

"No, Spitfire is totally on the level," Lisa replied. "Faultline, on the other hand? Well, she is a mercenary, what would you expect? Also, she's almost as much of a manipulative bitch as I am, so just keep that in mind. I'm just letting you know all this so you don't wind up accusing your girlfriend of being part of this when her boss inevitably makes an attempt to lure you over to the dark side or whatever."

"I understand," he replied.

"Good," Lisa added. "So, that's settled. We have a contract with Dragon for industrializing KEB armor for her combat suits. It's pretty generous, all considered, and Rey can handle pretty much the entire thing on his own. You just have to sign it. Oh, and we'll be giving him a raise. Need that signed, too. And Riley has some news about the conversation she had with Dinah last night."

I stood up started to talk about our discovery of Prism's new powers, while trying to ignore how happy Victoria sounded to be leaving.

"Welcome back to the garden, Mushroom," Emma greeted me as I arrived in the labs. "Excited to be returning to school?"

"Yes," I answered, acting more excited than I was. When was it that I started having so much trouble pretending to be happy? I spent five years with the Slaughterhouse Nine, and I even convinced myself that I enjoyed it. Now I had real friends and family, and I had to fake cheer. It didn't really fool Emma, her powers made her too alert for me to beat without specifically preparing for them.

"Yeah, I never liked school much, either," Emma replied. "But you get to see all your other friends, too. I'm sure everyone missed you over the holidays."

I smiled. She's right, I did have a lot of friends who would be happy to see me. No, those are Clarice's friends. If they knew who I was, they'd run screaming.

Emma frowned. "That bad, huh?" she asked.

"Yes," I admitted. Emma set down her work and picked me up in a hug. I was definitely going to be a tall girl, and in fact was only a couple inches shorter than Emma at this point, but I was slender and her altered physiology made her strong enough to easily lift me.

"Don't worry, it'll get better," she insisted. "You don't need a boyfriend to make yourself feel better."

"I know," I agreed. "I'll be fine."

It was all a matter of hormones altering my emotional desires, creating new feelings that my neurology has not yet adapted to handling in a reasonable and calm fashion. Coupled with my Trigger age altering my natural brain development in a number of ways that would exaggerate the natural teenager tendencies toward poor impulse control and emotion management. I knew all this. I could even turn it off if I wanted to, with little difficulty. But doing so, turning off my feelings for Theo, it felt like a betrayal.

I slowly extricated myself from Emma's hold. "Prism called yesterday. We're going to have to review all the tests and questions you'll need with her." I changed the subject.

Meanwhile, Clarice was making her way to school via rooftop. The Endbringer materials built into her design made everything so much easier, I even managed to wedge a teleporter into the build, though it was an energy hog. I was still using the SEB tissue for Clarice. It was in most ways inferior to Khonsu's, but the forcefield generating effects of KEB tissue couldn't be removed and that was inconvenient in normal tasks. It worked for the Zerg, they existed only as weapons of war. But Clarice was how I experienced a normal life, she needed to be more than a weapon.

Classes were fun, as always. I had discovered a real love for the arts and humanities. Something that, in many ways, was in spite of my Passenger. My powers didn't understand music and literature. They were things I had to put actual effort into, instead of allowing my Passenger's alterations to my brain fill in the gaps, the way it did for math and science.

The Entities, based on everything we knew, couldn't comprehend art. Didn't want their hosts to care about such things, they didn't advance the cycle of conflict and evolution. If I hadn't been found by Jack Slash. If I hadn't Triggered. I imagine I might have become a singer or musician. I even had the natural good looks to make it as a popular performer, and if my popularity in school was a measure of success, I had the charm for it as well.

By the time school was out, I was honestly cheerful again. I couldn't be seen heading home with Missy, unfortunately. The cold weather made it hard to claim we were simply hanging out like we might if it were warmer, and Missy still had a secret identity to protect. Instead, I would simply shunt over and take the route through Avalon. I just had to go outside, first. Shunting could be done indoors, but it was really much better and safer for the environment to be outside first. Less chance of breaking something.

The moment I stepped out onto the roof, a number of alerts flashed on my display as space distorted around Clarice. It took a few seconds for me to map the new vectors of space, when everything went back to normal. Missy was now standing in front of me, wearing her costume. She held up my silk scarf between her pointer and middle fingers.

"So," she started, sounding less than pleased. "I recently found out you have a crush on my boyfriend."

================

A/N- DRAMA!

22. pepperjack

pepperjack A Variety of Cheese

My skills are weak, but...
    [​IMG]
    I am not the artist. I only applied the bowtie.

Edit because a chapter happened:
    Okay, so maybe I was wrong. This is the one that's happening first.

23. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

George, this is all you buddy, take it away!

24. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

Ah I see it's time another dose of Drama!

25. Coruscant Knave

Coruscant Knave 'Twas love that did this to you.

That's like, the opposite of drama. Missy just won the Rileyb owl.

26. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

Not really sure she wants it.

Snake/Eater, Diller and TanaNari like this.
  27. gustyeagle

gustyeagle Know what you're doing yet?

Missed quotation mark.

TanaNari likes this.
  28. moontheir4

moontheir4 Nothing to see here. Move along.

So, this was Emma's plan, I'm guessing? Seems like the personal consequences for her could be substantial, seeing as Riley's sort of her only friend. She has to know that, but she's doing it to try and make Riley happy. So I guess she's actually been internalizing the "how to be a human" lessons.

29. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

...and they say that Missy's harem grew three sizes that day.

30. Coruscant Knave

Coruscant Knave 'Twas love that did this to you.

I guess we can take things seriously for a moment.

This could be the opening for a schism in the team and Missy going off to Cali with Vicky. Isn't that where her dad was going? I can't remember. In any case, I don't think that will happen. I imagine this little bit will be resolved soon and be forgotten in favor further threesome discussion.

The real meat from this chapter was Vicky leaving. Riley mentioned she seemed happy to go, but I can't for the life of me figure out why that would be. She seemed to be adjusting fine. Though this isn't surprising, I tend to miss the little things Tana works so hard to sprinkle throughout the story.

Lupercal and TanaNari like this.