1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

ANGERY Journey to Becoming King (Dead)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Nightmare723764, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Orchamus

Orchamus Versed in the lewd.

Oh no, I got who the cult was devoted to if that was a reference to the Elder Sister like one and Shub-Nggurath.

2. Nightmare723764

Nightmare723764 I HAVE BECOME THE HORNI HORSE!

Oh, then I just misunderstood then.
    Regardless I'm glad your enjoying the ANGERY story!
    :):V

Gigant, Orchamus and Thrackerzod like this.
  3. Zerothewarhound

Zerothewarhound I trust you know where the happy button is?

Great story so far can't wait for more

4. Barbaric_Bob

Barbaric_Bob [Barbarus-Maximus]

The eldritch drawback and a war affinity, this can only lead to good and happy places, let's think of the themesong for
    My Little Eldritch Abomination
    M̴͍̺̲̟͈͈͈̣͕̀͜͟͢a̧̧̬̱̘̖̦̞͚̳̭͎̯̗̺͇͖͜͠ḑ͡͡͏͈͈̗̰̘̣̬ń̨̧͙̭̥͖͡͝ę̛̗̙̼̬̱̞͘͟͞ṣ̶̵̼̩͖̲͚͕͇̥̙̮͕́͟͞s͏̸̹̣͙̤̞̙̗̝̹ is Magic

5. Gigant

Gigant The Jackal Of Tsagualsa

I hope you’ll go alternate universes later or maybe travel the multiverses

Nightmare723764 likes this.
  6. Nightmare723764

If it lasts that long maybe.

Gigant likes this.
  7. Wolvexz

Wolvexz Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Hey author can you show some images of what you imagine shifts looks like?

8. Nightmare723764

Well... I can show you an image of him as a regular unicorn. I haven't commissioned any art for him as a six legged earth pony.

[​IMG]

Edit: Hmm... I'm going to check out commission pricies. I forgot how good this is...

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  9. Threadmarks: 5
    Nightmare723764

Chapter 5
    <<<Princess Luna Noctis>>>

“Tia… have you been drinking??” Luna was surprised by how… disheveled her sister looked.

While Celestia wasn’t drunk or anything Luna could smell that Celestia had been sampling the various wines kept in storage. But Luna couldn’t understand why as Celestia had been the driest of dry mares where the consumption of spirits was concerned, Celestia maintaining the opinion the drowning oneself in boozes was the sign of a weak mind and will.

“Something must’ve shaken her if she turned to drink.” Luna thought as she waited for Celestia’s answer.

Celestia summoned a wet cloth and wiped her face down, more to give her a few moments to gather her thoughts than anything. Luna, well aware of her sister's tactics allowed it, expecting Celestia to reveal something deeply troubling. Perhaps Discord’s prison is weakening? Or the Gates of Tartarus are opening slowly?

… The Black Goat with a Thousand Young deciding to get revenge for her worshippers? Doubtful but odder things have happened.

“Shifting Space, that’s your new son’s name by the way, and Screwball made fast friends.” Celestia said bluntly.

Luna looked dumbfounded at why exactly this troubled Celestia so much. After all, didn't she claim that Friendship is Magic?

“Screwball is Discord’s daughter-” Luna’s look of realization drew a sardonic smile from Celestia, “-Who happens to be older than me. So technically I guess she could be considered a foalcon.” And she tried to inject some humor into the situation.

“What is a Foalcon exactly sister?” Except for the fact that Luna spent a thousand years on the moon slipped her mind, “And… should we do something? While Screwball never shared in her father’s… disruptive behaviors she’s still very much a chaotic creature.”

“Err, I’ll explain it later.” Celestia said, “And… we can’t do anything. Shifting and Screwball seem to be getting along despite some initial awkwardness on Shifting's part.”

“Well of course he’d be awkward!” Luna said dryly, “Honestly that filly makes Laughter look slothful. And I want that explanation, Tia.” She added with narrow eyes.

Celestia knowing she couldn’t put off this explanation tried to think of a way to phrase “Sexual feelings and/or attraction to foals” without Luna doing something… drastic.

>>>Two Days Later<<<

Luna rarely felt at peace since she came home from the moon.

This new age was simply too strange for her to feel fully comfortable with. The convenience that ponies now enjoyed, while Luna found herself enjoyed them as well, often made her feel awkward. She remembered when every day was, while not a hardship or trial, was difficult. When the cults were still running wild and could be found in the most unlikely places.

(Like that time she discovered a cult in the basement of a poor unicorn mare. Her son had somehow expanded a simple root cellar into a vast temple to some blighted Eldritch abomination.)

And currently, she was on her way to give Shifting his first magical lesson!

Though she was worried, he seemed to struggle with recent history as well as culture, which Luna understood completely seeing as she was struggling herself. Thankfully Screwball seemed to be willing to help the poor colt out, the filly (“*snort Filly… ha!”) seemingly alternating between best friend and tutor.

Though outside of those moments Shifting was proving to be a firebrand when he was riled. How did that guard put it?

Ah yes… as mean as a timberwolf and twice as ornery.

Thankfully he hasn’t lashed out physically when he’s riled but Luna and quite possibly the entire castle and maybe even a little bit of the city have learned just how… colorful his vocabulary is. And vile.

And the one time Luna washed his mouth out with soap it just made him rant more. And she swore he peeled paint off a wall!

Eventually, Luna was able to convince him to not be so vulgar, in the public for the most part. And not when interacting with the nobles… no matter how much Luna wanted to watch their expressions when a colt started swearing at them like a seasoned sailor.

Stopping outside his door Luna pressed her ear against the door and listened with a bemused smile.

“Shifty, it's too big! It won’t fit!”

“Sure it will! Just stay right there…”

There were a grunt and a squeal of surprise, and Luna’s smile faded as a blush started to grow.

“I-I think you broke something!”

“Just… give me a few minutes. I’ll make this work!”

Stepping back Luna tried to gather her wits, surely she had just misheard things! Screwball and her little Shifty weren't engaged in intimacy and she didn’t hear that her colt was too big or anything of that sort! And she ignored Nightmare cackling in the back of her mind or the strange surge of motherly pride.

Shaking her head again she took a calming breath and knocked on the door, originally she was simply going to walk in but didn’t want to walk into any… compromising situations.

“Shifty? Are you ready for your lessons?” She called through the door.

“Uh… sure! Just… give me a minute!” Shifty called back making Luna’s blush return with a vengeance.

There was another squeal and Luna heard two ponies fall over. And well… that just sent Nightmare on a right ripper. Harassing Luna with all sorts of explicit and lurid ideas about 'the monsterhood' Shifty was packing and how he might be 'virile as a dozen stallions' and she just got more depraved and lewd.

And it was only because Luna had been dealing with Nightmare for most of her life and her impressive self-control did she not physically react like a mare that got a little hot under the coat.

Eventually, a slightly disheveled Shifty opened the door, his mane somehow looking wilder then it normally does, leaning in Luna saw Screwball laying on her back sprawled out with what looked like a disassembled table.

“Oh… that’s what was going on.” Luna did not show any relief on her face, “You ready for some lessons Shifty?”

“Or maybe the Little Abomination used her magic to get rid of all the evidence~” Nightmare lewdly suggested, playing Discord’s Advocate.

“Um, sure Lu.” Luna wanted to frown but knew Shifty would call her mother in his own time, “But I was under the impression I needed a horn to use magic.”

“While having a horn makes using magic easier it’s hardly a requirement.” Luna tried not to give Screwball a pointed look, “In fact, I’m surprised Screwball hasn’t mentioned that…”

“I’ve been helping him learn how to navigate the nobility.” She answered off-hoofedly, “Who to talk to, who to avoid, who to deal with, who to not deal with. I even showed him a few tricks to deal with poison but his constitution is stupidly robust. I wouldn’t be surprised if he could down shots of Manticore venom fresh from the source.”

And now Luna was looking at Screwball while Shifting was looking sheepish.

“And… How exactly did you discover this?” Luna asked, her eye twitching faintly but she knew Screwball and Shifting saw it.

“... So what sort of lessons?” Shifty said, obviously trying to change the subject.

Luna stared at a twitching Shifty for a few moments before allowing his crude attempt to shift the focus, but she would get her answers one way or another!

“First thing I believe I’ll be covering Affinities and what they mean exactly.” Luna said, “You’d be surprised how many ponies initially believe that if they have an affinity for something they’ll become Grand Sorcerers in a month if not less. And I’m sure Tia would have even more stories, seeing as she is a patron of the Arcanium Academy.”

Shifty nodded, “Okay. Do you wanna have the lesson here or in the library or something?”

“Hmm, I think in my chambers.” Luna said, “Don’t want anypony to think things…” She added trailing off as her mind gave her a few ideas.

“Okay.” Shifty said with a shrug, “I guess we can try putting this together again later Screwball. What’re you going to do?”

The daughter of Discord tilted her head in thought, “Mmm, I was thinking about taking a bite out of a gingerbread house in a small town a couple of miles away.” She said whimsically before she skipped her way out.

“... Such a peculiar filly…”

After a few moments, Shifty and Luna were safely tucked away in her chambers, Shifty was looking around taking everything in and generally seemed to like the decor much to Luna’s pleasure.

“So where do we start?” Shifty asked curiously as he went over to a cushion and took a seat.

“Well, tell me how much you know about Affinities.” Luna said sitting beside him, “I know you’ve been reading like a mad bookworm for a while now.”

“Not as much as you’d think.” Shifty said rubbing his head, “Most about culture and history. But I got a little bit. Affinities are like… different schools of magic. But Affinities only manifest in pe- er ponies with a strong talent towards a specific type of magic. From what I’ve read I’m something of an anomaly in that multiple Affinities rarely ever manifest.”

Luna nodded her head, while barebones Shifty pretty much hit the nail on the head with his description. A lot of ponies, or at least they did a thousand years ago, put too much stock in Affinities. They’d believe a unicorn with an Affinity for Arcane would become the second coming of Starswirl, and he could’ve… if he studied and put in the work instead of thinking his Affinity would do all the work for him!

“A bit basic but you’re correct.” Luna said, “Do you have any questions about any specific affinity?”

“Mmm… how about War?” Shifty asked, “It’s my primary one right? And I like to know how War results in my mane looking like a bonfire and smelling like explosions.”

Luna just looked at him oddly, mostly due to his ending comment about smelling like explosions. Giving it some thought she guessed it’d make sense, given how vicious open battle can get.

“Well first of all War isn’t just a field of magic. It’s a catch-all term more than a specific type or branch of magic.” Luna explained, “Ponies with War affinities, and they have been no matter how rare they are, tend to find themselves naturals in combat and can employ tactics and strategies naturally. And while I can’t say in this day and age in the old day's ponies that joined the Guard eventually developed a minor War affinity.”

Shifty looked fascinated and Luna wondered if this was how Celestia felt with all her students over the centuries? Nightmare had snorted and retired into her subconscious.

“Okay. I think I understand. War is less a magic and more of a collection of skills and magical abilities connected to combat right?” Luna nodded as he was right more or less, “But then what are Planes exactly?”

“Ah, well Planes only manifest when somepony has a particularly strong affinity as well as enough power to support one.” Shifty looked confused and Luna continued, “Think of them as… separate realms that exist in the Aether. No one Plane is like the other however, they’re shaped by their Hosts and just how strong their Affinity is. And I have to say you’re possibly the only colt I’ve ever met or heard of to have so many strong Affinities. You’re going to be something amazing one day.”

Shifty squirmed and Luna just hugged him and nuzzle.

“But, why does my Plane look so desolate? Is it because of War?” Shifty asked.

“Partially.” Luna asked, “Another is that how you think of War. I imagine when you think of War you imagine ancient battlefields filled with the skeletal remains of long-dead warriors? Well, that’s what your Plane will look like. With time you’ll eventually be able to alter it as you wish.”

“Okay. But… what about my mane?” Shifty asked.

“Oh. Well… a combination of your primary affinity and overflowing magical energy.” Luna answered, “It also responds to your emotions. And given that War is what it is it responds easiest to anger but that doesn’t mean it won’t respond to others.”

“Huh, okay what about…”

And the lesson stretched on for a couple of hours. And Luna never felt so content.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  10. Barbaric_Bob

Meanwhile at the chess club

"that fucker must have grown his war affinity, look at his smug face at how superior his strategy is compared to his opponent"
    *table gets flipped and hoovsiecuffs ensues*
    "Sunbutt FUCKING DAMN IT! JUST ONE MEETING WHERE WE DON'T TRY AND MURDER ONE ANOTHER WOULD BE SWELL!"

11. Nightmare723764

Heh, have a like for making me chuckle!

Barbaric_Bob likes this.
  12. Threadmarks: 6
    Nightmare723764

<<<Shifting Space>>>

I tried to keep my fidgets to a minimum as Celestia and Luna, or rather my Aunt and Mother as they’ve claimed, introduced me to the Council which would in turn lead to my eventual reveal to the general public. It was going… just about as well as expected, especially when I got the whole story of Nightmare Moon from them both. Though Luna’s side of the story was especially revealing, and with some coaxing she revealed some things only she knew that Celestia would never even consider.

So I understood why they were wary of Luna and myself, though I find it stupid. But I suppose it’s a collective failure of sorts. Neither Celestia nor Luna ever educated their subjects of how impactful emotions, especially repressed emotions, are or how all beings of sufficient power always manifest a Nightmare self.

And by the time Celestia possibly even had the notion of enlightening her subjects the damage had already been done. Nightmare Moon had been demonized and reviled and seeing as Luna is Nightmare she got tarred with the same brush.

All the good things Luna had done before the Nightmare Moon incident had been completely forgotten or made out to be a plot.

“It’s so disappointing really. I realize this is my reality and not a cartoon but… I was... Just seeing ponies being so human is… upsetting I suppose.”

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I realized everyone had quieted down, the nobles all looked nervous whereas Celestia and Luna looked amused? I looked around before spotting my reflection.

Huh… had no idea my eyes changed color as well. Neat.

“Shifty? Do you have something you’d like to say?” Celestia asked serenely, though I could see some eagerness no doubt thinking about that blue streak I swore a while back.

Well… I certainly don’t want to disappoint my dear hot Auntie. But… I have to remember my lessons with Screwball.

“Yeah.” I said before I looked at the nobles and forced myself to relax and recall everything Screwball taught me.

“When you’re inevitably introduced the Nobles will ‘test’ your mettle. They will try to drag you down and make you act like a ‘commoner’ and as good as it would feel you can’t let your emotions control you. If you need to you can always rant at me. Daddy knows I need a shoulder to lean on and vent to occasionally.”

“Okay… okay. I can do this.” I thought as I gathered my thoughts.

“Uh, my name's Shifting Space and I won’t claim to fully understand everything. I won’t say who is more at fault or anything. All I do know is that Mom accepted me and has decided to teach me. And it’s most likely personal bias but I don’t believe she deserves all the suspicion to be thrown at her. She acknowledges the wrongs she had committed as Nightmare Moon and is willing to make amends but to my ears, it sounds like no one is willing to give her a chance.” I said slowly, both to articulate my thoughts and to sound more like the child I resembled as per Luna’s instructions.

Which might look suspicious or something to the nobles but honestly? Fuck them, I just wanna go get a snack and take a nap.

“Remember that Nobles are just ponies and ponies fear things just like anyone else. In this case, it’s the Unknown, that is Luna and you, and the idea of losing their perceived power over the commoners. Things had been stable with only Celestia on the throne but with an unknown princess coming out of nowhere, who happened to be the entire nation's boogiemare, threw that stability out the window. They’re wary of Luna not necessarily because of something that happened a millennia ago but because she’s a threat to their influence.”

The nobles all started mumbling to one another and I honestly wasn’t willing to humor them anymore. Deciding to use my young appearance to my advantage again I looked at Luna.

“Mom? Are we done here? I’m getting hungry and wanna take a nap.” I said with a not-quite-fake yawn.

Celestia and Luna had a knowing look in their eyes because of course, they would. They’re old hats at this political song and dance, even if Luna has been cut off for a thousand years. Somethings just never change after all.

“Of course.” Luna hugged me and looked at her sister, “Can my son and I be excused sister?”

“Of course, after all, I want my new nephew to grow up to be a strong stallion.” Celestia said with a faint giggle.

Luna nodded before placing me on her back and started to trot off.

<<<Princess Celestia Solar>>>

“Such a cunning colt your sister’s found.”

“Indeed. But how much of it was of his own making and what was from Luna and Screwball’s advice?”

Shifty’s introduction to the Council went about as Celestia had predicted, she wasn’t oblivious to the Council’s disgruntlement over having the Balance of Powershift so violently but she had been so overjoyed to have her sister back after all these years she had decided to put off dealing with it.

But now seeing just how things have devolved Celestia knew she had to do something, and it seemed like her favored subtle manipulations wouldn’t do. They were inadvertently threatening her family!

All it took was a simple clearing of her throat that made the Council, who had been debating Shifty and no doubt plans to use him, fall silent.

“This is probably, no. This is my fault entirely.” The Council all looked at Celestia with trepidation, “I knew Luna’s presence would destabilize things, however, I was simply so overjoyed to be reunited with my sister I decided I would address the situation at a later date. And for the most part, ponies have opted for a ‘wait and see’ policy regarding my sister. However, the only ones that haven’t adjusted are you my dear Councillors.”

“Princess-” Celestia cut the noble off.

“Onyx Star, I’m aware of how upset you all are.” Celestia said, “However I want you all to consider this. Luna will do anything to prove herself worthy of ruling beside me, all she wants is respect which isn’t a costly thing I believe. And in her son Shifting Space we have a future general of great power.”

Celestia hated sounding like she was taking advantage of Luna and her son, but sadly nobles only understood profit and benefits they could gain. So to get the Nobles back under control and stabilize the Council she took advantage no matter how much it made her sick.

“Princess Celestia if I may.” A unicorn with a monocle stood up, his mane styled to perfection and dressed in an opulent suit and tie, “And forgive me if I sound rude or even paranoid but… should the colt be trusted? With his… deformities and according to reports freakish strength he could be Eldritch Spawn?”

And that comment sparked another round of debate, and Celestia felt the beginnings of a migraine take form right behind her horn. She knew Shifty wasn’t Eldritch Spawn, as did her sister, however the sad truth is that their suspicions weren’t entirely wrong.

Shifting Space until the Guard found him didn’t exist. Celestia arranged a ritual to locate any blood ties and for the first time since the ritual's creation, it failed. And if that wasn’t enough to suggest potential Beyond-origins, Shifting Space’s soul and magical signature was unlike anything Celestia had ever seen.

Seeing the paranoia starting to ramp up Celestia banged her hoof on the floor like a gavel drawing everyponies attention back to her.

“Cease this baseless speculation! Regardless of Shifting Space’s origins, he has proven himself to me and Luna to be a colt capable of reason and logic. Something which most Beyond is not, so until he shows signs of being Beyond Spawn let the matter rest.” Celestia said, “Now we’ve spent enough time on the subject of my new nephew. Let us attend other matters such as the increased-”

The rest of the meeting devolved into politicking and the nobles trying to get the most whilst giving the least.

So, a regular day at the office in Celestia’s opinion.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  13. Zerothewarhound

Zerothewarhound I trust you know where the happy button is?

This is great can't wait for more

14. Barbaric_Bob

Did that fucko just indirectly insult the bestest horse, Sleipnir?
    Any pony with even a drop of Norneigh-gian blood must avange his honor!

15. Nightmare723764

Heh, no not really.
    But you have to consider where Shifting was initially found, isn't it a logical assumption to make?

16. The Hive

The Hive Getting out there.

While going from Hentai horse in magical pony land, we initially expected something of similar make. We are pleasantly surprised to not only find another good story, but an interesting CYOA. We will look forward to the continuation of this.

HeyaUser and Nightmare723764 like this.
  17. Nightmare723764

Thank you!
    And as for the cyoa credit goes to (and I believe I got this right) goes to Akumakami64 for creating it.
    Though now looking back on it I wish I had picked Anthro and picked different things for the build but oh well!
    (Maybe Lewd ponies but I'm trying to see how long I can keep it SFW so... maybe not that.)

caspian1a likes this.
  18. Akumakami64

Akumakami64 Experienced.

Well, well, well. I always hoped Alicorn King would get some stories made about it. Wasn't expecting it from my Dragon of the Eldritch fan. I'll be keeping an eye on this, Nightmare.

Though, something I noticed about your build: Tug Your Alicorn Out covers the cost of Early Drop. Between Eldritch and taking the setting down to Neutral, you should have two or three points for perks still left unspent.

BobTheDust and Nightmare723764 like this.
  19. Nightmare723764

Eh, I'm just using it as a base. Not trying to be the most effecent or anything.
    But now I wonder... if I picked Anthro would Shifting have four arms?

20. Akumakami64

Akumakami64 Experienced.

Yep.

21. Nightmare723764

Well damn... miss oppertunities... well if I was going to make a lewd story.
    Maybe next time. *shrugs*
    Though next time the MC will have two horns, be anthro, and have four arms!
    And... might be a Necromancer or something... *shrugs*

22. Akumakami64

Akumakami64 Experienced.

In fairness, there are a few easy ways to add in more perks later if you decide to take them in this story. Main one in mind is that since this is an Early Drop, and Discord was the one that helped you with the perks, is that they'll go into effect when he breaks out later.

23. Nightmare723764

Nice. But I think I'll stick with what I got.

24. Nightmare723764

I just ran everything through Grammarly so how's it look now?

25. dogbertcarroll

dogbertcarroll Random lurker

My only complaint is that you didn't take Wendigo Hooves. With six legs it would look awesome.

26. Nightmare723764

Yeah. Hindsight is such a bitch.
    Oh well, if I ever make another one using this CYOA I'll keep that in mind.

dogbertcarroll likes this.
  27. SirBearington

SirBearington Having a spiffing good time.

Shifting Space's burning mane reminds me of Mars from Dota 2. The guy has a kick ass theme

28. Nightmare723764

... Pic please?
    I have no idea what you're talking about...

29. SirBearington

SirBearington Having a spiffing good time.

Sorry about that. So anyways, here's Mars

[​IMG]

And here's the kickass gif of his teaser a year or so ago?
    [​IMG]

And one last thing.

30. LordMentat

LordMentat I Push Button

Have not seen a MLP CYOA anywhere before. Looking forward to where this goes.