Are Traps Gay?

Discussion in 'General' started by Horton, Nov 13, 2017 at 4:54 PM.

1. Horton

Horton Not too sore, are you?

This is a serious question and I think it needs answering.

2. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

Yes, but it shouldn't stop you. Cuddle that trap!

Adipose1913 likes this.
  3. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

Yes and it's great!

Adipose1913, GhostKaiju and Jiven like this.
  4. Biigoh

Biigoh What is this? Moderator

The answer is noh (it tots is homosexual if not gaaaay~)

CrossyCross likes this.
  5. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Aschente!

Yes. A dude is still a dude even when he’s pretending to be a lady.

6. BookishWyrm

BookishWyrm A Bit Like Seath the Scaleless

I have brought entire chats to their knees with this question.
    Traps are not gay unless they are, or they lust after traps.

7. Aeodyn

Aeodyn Unrepentant Deviant

Not serious answer: Only sometimes gay, but always fabulous~

Serious short answer: It doesn't matter, and/or it's a bad question.

Serious long answer: People are attracted to who/what they're attracted to, and if you try to put a finite set of labels on everything you're going to end up contradicting yourself. There are people attracted to every single combination and subset of penis/vagina, boobs/flat, masculine personality/feminine personality, masculine clothes/feminine clothes, XX/XY, and even more that I haven't even mentioned.
    Better to stop trying to classify everything and instead just go with the flow.

Finagle007, Dakkaface and GhostKaiju like this.
  8. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

Most traps are neither happy nor unhappy, as they are typically non-sentient even in the case that they are physical objects rather than arrangements of circumstances.

As a completely off-topic tangent, I will answer two totally-unrelated questions, a) "are effeminate men homosexual" and b) "does attraction to effeminate men signify homosexuality in the attractee".

a) Some of them are. Some of them are not. This is also true of other men. Unsurprisingly, physical appearance is not perfectly correlated with sexual preference.
    b) Obviously, this depends on the sex of the attractee. A female attractee is clearly not exclusively homosexual. A male attractee is clearly not exclusively heterosexual.

As an aside to this off-topic tangent, I would like to make several further comments.

1. It is my firm belief that homosexual attraction and activity are not shameful or morally wrong. As such, I find attempts to make "exceptions" to and "excuses" for it vaguely bemusing.

2. The vast majority of people in RL, under a definition of sexuality based on attraction, are bisexual. This is because human sexual attraction is based on many factors, and primary sexual characteristics, even when visible, are only one such factor. Thus, while a given person's sexual attraction to a large randomly-chosen selection of RL people is likely to correlate with sex (both directly, and because sex has a correlation with many other factors that affect attraction), it is highly unlikely that they will find all members of one sex more attractive than any members of the other, or find all members of either sex unattractive.

3. In RL, a definition of sexuality based on attraction may not be entirely useful. The sexual activities one can perform with a given partner differ significantly based on the sex of that partner, and many people have strong preferences about which sexual activities they prefer. Thus, while the list of "people one is sexually attracted to" nearly always includes both sexes, the list of "people one is interested in sexual activity with" may in fact be exclusively populated by one sex (e.g. if the only sex act one enjoys is penetrating a partner's vagina, men are not suitable partners, and if the only sex acts one enjoys involve being penetrated by a penis, women are not suitable partners). Furthermore, intertwined with sexuality is the issue of relationships. Some people desire a relationship partner with whom they can procreate, which rather tends to discriminate by sex even in the case that one is attracted to and interested in sexual activity with both sexes relatively-equally.

4. Of course, it is not possible for RL people to conduct sexual activities with—or procreate with—fictional characters, as by definition the latter do not physically exist. As such, in the context of fictional characters, attraction is basically the only applicable definition of sexuality.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 11:15 AM
  9. kalifianto

kalifianto Know what you're doing yet?

[Ancient Greek Philosophers discussing traps.jpg]

For what's it's worth, I'm with Diogenes.

10. Dakkaface

Dakkaface Magical Defender of Justice

As BookishWyrm notes - the answer to this question is 'depends on the trap and what sort of person they are attracted to.'

The more common question is 'does liking traps make you gay?'

To which my answer is no. Liking or disliking traps does not inherently signal gay/straightness.

It depends what about the trap attracts you. Is it the fact that they are very feminine? Then no, it's not gay. You are attracted to the femininity, and the penis is something you're willing to overlook or accept because of the rest of the package says 'lady.' At most it indicates a certain flex in your preferences. If it's just the presence of the penis that does it for you, and the other bits don't matter so much, then yeah, you're probably at least bi if not gay.

ChildishChimera and Imabot like this.
  11. Coffeexy

Coffeexy Getting out there.

But what if its the very combination of the penis and the feminine body that does it for you?

12. Dakkaface

Dakkaface Magical Defender of Justice

Then you like traps. I wouldn't call that gay or straight, the same way that people who want to fuck cars aren't gay or straight on that basis.

ChildishChimera and Coffeexy like this.
  13. ryuan

ryuan The guy who can't write smut for shit

I heard this before. Where did it came from?

14. asdx

asdx Depraved

Who cares? :V

Joking aside, yes it's gay, and that's okay.

Jiven likes this.
  15. CrossyCross

CrossyCross LADY OF LOVE

I only really like them if they're feminine, and sound cute, which leans far closer to "cute girl" than something I'd label as fully "likes boys".

16. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

I only like cute guys myself. Cute guys make up a non-trivial proportion of men; saying that it isn't bi because they're effeminate is about as silly as saying that a bisexual male is exclusively-gay because the only girls he likes are flat-chested.

Bisexuality does not imply a lack of body-type preferences, it merely means that genitalia aren't the be-all and end-all. There's also nothing wrong with it.
    ...Good question. I looked up the Kinsey Reports in response and found that it isn't quite that high. Kinsey found that 37% of men and 13% of women had had homosexual experience, and 50% of men and 28% of women had at least some attraction to their own sex (the proportions of exclusive homosexuals were about 4% and 1%, if I read correctly). It's noted in said reports that this is probably an underrepresentation (this was around 1950, when homosexuality was still illegal and strongly stigmatised), but "vast" majority does seem unsupported, so I'll retract that.

17. KinKrow

KinKrow You Lost Me

Traps are not gay.

They are homosexual.

Get them loins lubed, and head for the pooper?

But seriously, it only counts if you're fucking IRL.

People that have sex with hugging pillows of their trap-waifus aren't gay, they're lonely :V

Think about the weaboos, and support Krow's Online Charity for the Known Scrubs (KOCKS).