1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TheVoid22222, Jan 28, 2016.

1. TheVoid22222

TheVoid22222 Making the rounds.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
  2. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

interesting~

3. Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer Creator of "mean" and/or "excessive" things

Hmm... Well now, isn't this... Interesting... See you in two weeks!

4. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

Having giant plausibility issues with the idea of the Mayor scrapping the Dockworkers' Union, since unions really don't work like that, IIRC. Unions are formed by the workers. State governments can make things hard for them, or even try to make them illegal (which can cause massive blow back and is potentially political suicide), but city governments don't get much say.

qof and Publicola like this.
  5. SpokenSoftly

SpokenSoftly I'll be honest, I'm just here to read.

Unions don't work like this. At all. In fact, they pretty much exist so that governmental and corporate overreach exactly like this can be kept in check. This makes exactly as little sense as a student calling a teacher into her own office and saying "I'm expelling you, Mrs. Smith."

6. Lyxi

Lyxi Versed in the lewd.

I honestly have no idea what is supposed to be going on. Everything seems a bit vague and it's been several chapters without a hook for the story showing up... I mean I get that the simurgh is supposed to be in here but it's more because you said so than because it was apparent, and are her bone problems supposed to be from an extended stay in space or.....?
    I mean, you can't even really tell whether or not she has powers. Bugs are her power in canon, but what is up with them coming out of her throat?

qof likes this.
  7. Lyxi

Lyxi Versed in the lewd.

The part where her throat got clawed up....? Did I misread that?

8. erching

erching Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

• Don't necro. This is against rule 7.
    Is there going to be a continuation this is good shit.

9. Yurihime

Yurihime Lesbian Lucky J

Okay, so just gonna let you know,Necromancy is bad, if it has been a month or more, please pm the author, rather than bumping the thread with a post that is basically just asking for more.

Shoobie_Doo and TheVoid22222 like this.
  10. Puck McSnuggins

Puck McSnuggins Getting sticky.

I had basically no clue what was happening this entire fic. What even? Like, is that it?

qof, MudkipSage and IvanDead like this.
  11. MudkipSage

MudkipSage Versed in the lewd.

Summary+Review

>Being taylor is suffering XL plz.
    >Body is suddenly broken by all
    >Imaginary friend that has always been there?
    >Everything is now pain
    >Your new friends are Nazi's.
    >danny is almost not useless, and then gets brain cancer.

>Ziz tells her to jump and she does.

The original plan was for her to of died, but Author decided she "became ziz" but there isn't nearly enough info to determine what that actually means.

Taylor still has messed up memories, which is probably crushing her dad. Said father has cancer they can't afford to pay for. The entire ziz/taylor connection is never explained or even touched upon, she just has this imaginary friend for reasons. What happened with ziz decending on Canberra is a complete mystery(foreshadowing my ass). Her suddenly being friends with tottaly-not-nazi's is just sort of there. Her friends are subtley racist Taylor, and apparently she assumes they will betray her for reasons that she is Taylor and cannot trust anyone ever again.

Its kind of a terrible ending, and i'm normally one to be strongly against such statements. There are a lot of decent ideas, and a very artsy/airy writing style, and good motivation to root for the worlds squishiest woobie. But author decided to call it quits without doing anything with it more or less undoes any advantage it had. Most of it probably could of been steamrolled in 3-4 chapters if you want to mary sue with Ziz OP . Or 8-10 maintaining the current story pace. Taylor reads as an unreliable narrator to me, so what it looks like she is doing from much more level headed people would of also helped. She doesn't actually do enough to really give anyone a REASON to react. That in and of itself is more telling than anything

12. Puck McSnuggins

Puck McSnuggins Getting sticky.

Yes, thank you. This. There were so many dropped threads and things suddenly happening just because, and it made little to no sense, but I figured, 'Hey, let's not immediately jump to conclusions. Maybe I missed something.' I didn't. I missed nothing. There was nothing to miss

MudkipSage, TheVoid22222 and IvanDead like this.
  13. Lyxi

Lyxi Versed in the lewd.

You lied to me! I didn't understand any of that! How the hell is a suicide attempt supposed to turn her into the Simurgh!? She's a civilization crushing superweapon, not an abyssal exaltation! If Taylor triggered with her power then the rest of it is pointless! If she didn't, then Ziz wouldn't be talking to her, so again, pointless! WHY WAS HER THROAT HURTING, DAMN IT!?!?!? This entire story failed to get even the basic elements of it's plot across and therefore is unworthy of even being called a story!