1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bizarre alignment/spacing/justification problems

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bugs' started by Rathmun, Sep 14, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Rathmun

Rathmun "Not interested" is not hate speech.

So, one of my readers just informed me that some of my old chapters are horribly mangled.

When Scygnus reads This post everything after a certain point is all squashed onto a single line that extends off the screen. (No word wrapping)
    When I read it from my phone, I see the same behavior.
    When I read it from my laptop, I see everything on the correct lines, but the middle third of the chapter has tabs instead of spaces, and no word-wrapping, then the last third is center-justified.
    When Pseudonym reads it, everything after a certain point is centered, but the text is at least all on screen.

When I go look at the BBcode, there's nothing wrong with it. There's not a single
    Code:
    [center]
    tag in the document. Heck, there aren't any tags at all between where the text is fine and where the formatting is borked.

So... WTF?

Edit: It's not just my posts either. this vote is also mangled when I look at it, as are many others.

What's wrong with my thread!?

Ddmkm122, wasprider and alethiophile like this.
  2. alethiophile

alethiophile Shadowed Philosopher Administrator

The problem is that you've got [Ruby] as a marker on that vote, and per a change I made last week, that's now a BB-code.

For a quick fix, you can write [plain][Ruby][/plain] in replacement every time. I may change the new bbcode name if it looks like this problem will be too widespread.

Ddmkm122, wasprider and Pseudonym like this.
  3. alethiophile

alethiophile Shadowed Philosopher Administrator

Okay, it looks like a lot more posts have used [Ruby] as a marker than have actually used the new ruby-text syntax. So I've changed it.

Posts in the Conduit thread should now be fixed.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  4. Rathmun

Rathmun "Not interested" is not hate speech.

Phew. Thanks. Trying to fix every instance of that in a RWBY quest would have been quite the task.

Ideally Nettally wouldn't use the same style of brackets as BBcode, but it does.

Ddmkm122 and alethiophile like this.