1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Blade and Soul

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

So this game came out in the States about a week ago and I've been busily playing the shit out of it in my free time. It's a fascinating diversion from World of Warcraft thanks to combat mechanics that give fights a feel that's more like a fighting game than a WoW-clone due to the importance of combos and counter-attacks. And it's all wuxia-themed, so double awesome.

Is anyone else playing this game? Is the anime adaptation any good? And most importantly, is anyone else playing on Yunwa server?

kinglugia and GiftofLove like this.
  2. Nuit

Nuit L'immortale Capo

I could, but it usually takes me like 2 minutes to load the game and about a minutes and a half for load screens between areas. Bit frustrated with it atm. My 4 year old PC is getting long in the tooth.

Edit: Made a summoner named Rojoda.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    kinglugia and GiftofLove like this.
  3. Alerni

Alerni Not too sore, are you?

I've been playing it a decent amount since it's come out and I'm sitting at level 35 on a Summoner at the moment. Sadly I'm on Jiwan so we wouldn't be able to do non-dungeon content together, but because of the cross server dungeon lobby thing the game has I'd be able to do any dungeon with people from here.

If you ever need help with earlier dungeons I'd be up for helping in those, Blackram Narrows especially since I want that fucking outfit and it refuses to come to me and it's getting harder to justify actually wasting the time running it at this point since there's other outfits I could be trying to get, like Pinchy's or Pugilist.

4. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

I'm currently a level 20 Destroyer on Hajoon. This game is seriously fun, but it makes my computer shit the bed hard. I really need to put aside some money to build a new one soon.

I'm a little annoyed that they decided to censor the game, and how they fucked with some character names, but it's such a fun combat system that I'm willing to put up with almost anything. Even lagstepping around the map.

Sydonai likes this.
  5. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

I'm currently about 16 levels into a kung fu master and 14 into an assassin.I'm not quite sure which I prefer stylistically-speaking but they're both pretty awesomesauce.

Also, does the game branch out at some point and allow for more exploration or are we going to be on rails for the whole game?

6. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Note to self: get B&S asap.

7. Whiskey Golf

Whiskey Golf Lewd Battalion

Huh the English version is out already? Well I might give it a try.

...I'm kinda getting to the stage where eye candy is no longer the draw it used to be for me, but I recall being curious about this game and its setting. Guess i'll give it a go.

kinglugia likes this.
  8. Adyen

Adyen Experienced.

Man, there's a lot of Korean MMOs that recently got ported to English servers. Nice.

9. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

I like looking at the shonen abs :V Is that wrong and lewd of me to do so >.>?

GiftofLove likes this.
  10. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

I play as a big dude with a giant axe. Right there with you. ;)

It's not just eye candy. It has a pretty fun take on combat that's familiar, but still pretty new. Well, as new as a game of several years can be.

11. Nuit

Nuit L'immortale Capo

Servers down for an update atm.

Smuthunter likes this.
  12. Alerni

If you like looking at abs then you'll really like when you start coming across people wearing either Dark Sandstorm or Stinger stuff.

I should really start trying to get Dark Sandstorm for my Summoner, it looks really nice on Lyn and I'd love an alternative to Deva's outfit for walking around.

13. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Oh good, they're doing something about the gold farmer infestation.

GiftofLove likes this.
  14. Nuit

Nuit L'immortale Capo

Some servers are back up, they say.

15. Whiskey Golf

Whiskey Golf Lewd Battalion

Huh. I guess I may well give it a go.

Though to be honest while this game and PSO2 and Black Dragon Online are pretty appealing in terms of waifuing and nice asses to look at, I'm finding myself appreciating more and more the rear end of the Challenger 1... then again if it's a choice between tanks and waifuing, I pick tanks lol. :p

16. Adyen

Adyen Experienced.

So, I played a bit of the Force Master... and I really dislike it. I don't know why, but it just doesn't click with me. I'm going to try the martial artist and see how that goes.

17. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Yeah, I think Force Master and Summoner don't have that wuxia feel to them like the others do. Kung Fu Master is all bone-crunching sound effects and precision-timed combos and counter-attacks, it's probably the class that best displays how B&S is different from the competition. I love it to bits.

18. Alerni

Force Master has the dullest early game by far. It gets pretty neat later on, but whenever I go to level my alt FM I just find myself wanting to do something else, and I'm saying this as someone that mains Summoner.

The melee classes have a much nicer feel, I'm a big fan of Bladedancer when it comes to them, it's nice and fast and gets some really fancy shit later on.

19. Bre Karn

Bre Karn (Very Slow) Writer of Glorious Smut

I am!

Very much nope, IMHO. It doesn't even pretend to follow the plot of the game and is a huge disappointment on all levels, at least to me.

20. Adyen

Adyen Experienced.

My second is a Bladedancer, and it's pretty fun with a combination of AOE and heavy hitting skills.

21. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

I have played the game for a bit, mostly playing as Force Master on an European German Server. Bambusdorf I think? Got to Level 15, toying around with what to do next. Thing is, I am lazy and tend to lose interest every so often, so I don't know how Long I will Keep playing and how often. Because I don't have that much time due to work and other stuff.... Character Name is Flaming Pleinair.

I also toyed around with Kung Fu Master, but it felt somewhat slow and the countering had a weird feel to it. I may try that class again on the Weekend when I have time to Play really.

22. Adyen

Adyen Experienced.

I actually like the KFM much better than the Bladedancer I currently have... I'm actually thinking of deleting the Blademaster and starting a Summoner instead.

23. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

I am a bit sad that we only get 2 characters to Play with given that the Korean's get 5..... not that I would have the time to Play that many anyway. But it would give me more chances to try them out and Switch back and forth.

24. Adyen

Adyen Experienced.

Ok, Iksanun has just became my favorite character when you're doing the chapter 10 quest of "A Pig in a Poke".

He still seems like a complete ass everywhere else, but that's got me a few chuckles.

25. Speckled Burd

Speckled Burd Studious Elf

I've played very little of this game beyond messing with the character creator for a while.
    [​IMG]
    I made a sectoid with an afro, so the game's probably pretty alright.