1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Cheating Fate and gaining Powers; But it is also a Gamer fanfic!

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Husenklotze2, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Threadmarks: Prologue
    Husenklotze2

Husenklotze2 Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Why do people love the self inserts so much?
    Okay sure, some just plain despise them and yet still the self insert genre is one of, if not the most popular fanfiction genre out there.

And if it is a self insert gamer fanfic, then it might as well be the holy grail of all fanfiction.

There are mainly two reasons.

First of all: many of them are pure and simple power fantasies.

Imagine the following fanfiction: a battle shounen, you liked reading the manga, you loved seeing those battles animated. Now you write a fanfic.
    Your character is based on yourself, the power the character is given is a very balanced one. One that could be underwhelming, but would gain excellent potential to rise in power, just as much as the actual MC of the series is rising.
    Now you write your fanfic and you write of your characters battles, struggles and rises as he fights the same battles as the MC should have fought and manages to come on top. It is nothing but the same fucking canon, but with your ugly mug in it.

Interesting, right? No, no it fucking isn't.
    The worst kinds of self inserts are the ones where the MC is a goody two shoes who is good in everything, takes the place of the MC, gets insane amounts of plot armors and generally reads like the author patting himself on the back for how awesome he would be in those situations.

This is wrong, this feels like the author tooting his own horn; masturbating right in our fucking faces.

The solution? Either do not write that genre at all, or go away from canon, fucking take a shit on it and write a straight up powerfantasy where you do whatever the fuck you want.
    Your character is awesome, but we all know he or she is no one I a billion genius like most of the main characters.

It is after all based on your fat, lazy ass.

So gift the character bullshit powers and skills. Skip the bullshit, fucking drop it and give the readers what they want; as in a fucking power fantasy.
    Balance it out, whatever. But make him or her the fucking B.O.S.S.

Make him or her a gamer for all I care. Can never go wrong with a gamer fanfic. It's like a pokemon lure in this Pokemon Go game for the readers.
    Only here the Gamer in the description or the titles lures all dem retards.

Goota catch them all!

You are a cunt that is inserting himself into a fictional world; nobody gives a flying fuck for you struggles or your drama. Fucking win that shit.
    You get dem pwoers, you get dem money and you fuck all dem hot bitches of the series.

As easy as that.

Or write some angst ridden piece about how actually nightmarish the series in reality would be...

But nobody will read that emo shit, cunt.

Then bam: POWERFANTASY!

With a power fantasy the author is not just tooting his own horn.
    He is tooting his own horn and reaching through the screen for that tiny little sausage of yours to toot the readers horn too!

Bloody Amazing! Revolutionary! 11/10, would read it again!

And yet the reason for why we love the self inserts is not just that.

Another facet of it is the same fantasy one would have with time travel.

As in you are the cunt that knows the future and your smug ass can use it all to your advantage. Yes, we all know those “I am holier than though let's fix canon faggots.”
    But fuck em!
    You have all that knowledge, so you use it for your own greedy little ambitions!

Fucking save Kushina instead of that cuck Minato and bang that redheaded milf! Or save Hinata from her bullies and get dem amazing titties 10 years later!
    Go with a harem! You can't go wrong with a harem!

Unless you suck.

Then fuck you, you little twat!

Shit on Ronnald Weasley and take that desperate beautiful little bookworm as you little slut.
    Unless you have read all those bashing fics of Hermoine and hate her by now... Then get yourself that Daphne Greenlawn or whatever. Luna is pretty cute as well..

And if you are a girl? Then you get all that boy pussy you could ever want!

The point stands.

Time travel is in of itself a power fantasy. You know all the shit and will fix all the shit, it is the simplest power fantasy that even 12 year old children have in their day dreams.

Why? Because of fucking course you will do everything just perfectly if you ever get a second chance. Fucking up your present any day every day, but IF you ever had a second chance?
    You'd fucking own it, you'd be the boss.. Fucking Sure..
    Cunt.

But I am getting side tracked.

Is there anything more to Self Inserts? Not really. It's pretty much just it. And if the story is not complete garbage and is not written by an Indian sweat shop worker with only an English dictionary as his only tool?
    If it halfway interesting or goes in a direction previously not explored,?

Just that much better! Already better than 80% of the self inserts out there.

It's pretty much 90% power fantasy, 9 % story and 1% quality. Than again., even that 1 percent looks far too much..

And if you do not want to write a self insert? Then just add your own version of Naruto or HP into the mix, make an x-over even if the character is completely different from the canon counterpart and do the same shit as previously described!
    Works every time..

But where was I again?

Oh yeah. My gamer self insert fanfiction.

Okay, so it all began with my death.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just wanted to publish that little piece I had written. xD
    Story is still far from finished to be published anywhere.

Coleray, HeyaUser, GaeGary and 27 others like this.