• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Chimeric Eminence: A New Adventure (Fate x Overlord)

Created at
Index progress
Incomplete
Watchers
Recent readers

"Kid, got any idea on what the Multiverse theory is all about?"

Coughing weakly, the child...
Little Miracles

Vtorc

Making the rounds.
"Kid, got any idea on what the Multiverse theory is all about?"

Coughing weakly, the child dressed in a hospital gown eyed the very much older man before him. "In a way… I've seen something like that in the comics my grandpa used to read for me."

"Good!" Clapping childishly, the old man motioned. "How about you tell me what you understand about the theory, then?"

"Eh~"

"Come on, humor this sack of undead bones." The old man pressed. "Who knows…? Maybe your answer might be correct."

"Hmm…"

The child crossed his arms akimbo miming the way the people in movies do it.

"Well, alright. But promise you won't laugh!"

"Scout's honor." The old man raised a hand as if taking an oath.

Nodding satisfyingly, the boy said. "The Multiverse theory… Um, it's something concerning multiple universes where there one person could be a plumber and the other a doctor, or like where our world doesn't have magic, but in others magic exist."

"A, for effort." The old man smiled, enigmatically. "The Multiverse theory. How to best explain it…"

Looking around, the old man spotted the stairs before he enthusiastically snapped his fingers.

"Hah! How about we use the hospital stairs for an example."

"The stairs?" The boy raised a brow. "What's that got to do with the Multiverse theory?"

"Not much." The old man chirped. "But to be more specific, my example will be based on the mirrors placed at both sides of the stairs intersection. Standing between them both bounces your reflection between them both making it seem like you're appearing multiple times on both mirrors. That boy is the Multiverse theory. You're correct in the sense that there're more than one universe. But wrong when you described them as a multitude. Infinite. Even more than the stars in the dark vast universe… Not like we can see the stars with the way our world is today."

The boy tittered bitterly at the rather morbid joke, raising an arm to clench his hurting chest.

The old man seeing the boy's action, awkwardly coughed.

"Ahem. As I was saying, if there were a sentence to describe the Multiverse theory, it would be – a representation of dreams. A myriad sea of What Ifs? The reflection that you see on the mirror might not actually be your reflection. It could just be another you that is currently utilizing the mirror and miming your actions… An unlimited number of stories spread across the cosmos. That for me, is the Multiverse theory."

The boy's eyes sparkled in awe at the old man's rather passionate explanation. In a way, the old man's words struck him more than he would ever admit.

Closing his eyes, the boy tried to imagine it. Worlds where he was a king, a hero, a white knight… Worlds apart from this one that brought him only sickness and pain ever since his conception…

But he couldn't.

No matter how much he would love to escape this hospital, ditch this miserable garment, ignore his rather deteriorating immune system… Reality would always blare back with an agonizing pain. This is his (painful) reality, and there is nothing that he could do about it.

Sighing, the boy glared crossly at the old man.

"While the Multiverse theory sounds cool and all, why bring it up? We're supposed to be playing cards, you know."

"Sorry, sorry." The old man apologized. "Just wanted you to keep that in mind for the future."

"Why should I?"

The old man with white mane beard smiled cryptically.

"That remains yet to be seen."

ᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥ

The 18-year-old boy sat on his wheelchair while starring at the acid rain behind the windowpane. His respirator was off as he decided that he wanted to allow his mouth to have an intake of fresh air – however fake it may be.

"… ji."

'A representation of dreams, huh.' He commented dryly. 'Wonder where that strange old man could be… What am I saying? He's probably dead. 60's the prime life expectancy even when you're living inside of a geo-sphere. Not like the money's helping me anyways.'

"… inji!"

Sometimes the boy had half the mind to just take off this stupid respirator, get up from the damming wheelchair and experience the life of a normal teenager for just one day...

However, brief it may be.

But gramps wouldn't want that. Gramps would want for him to fight for a chance of survival however small the percentage may be… But even gramps was gone.

He is all alone.

Upon feeling the bubbling tension in his chest, the boy hastily put on his respirator letting the purified air flow into his body.

Oh, how he hated this...

"… Shinji. Mr. Shinji!" A feminine voice from behind pulled Shinji's attention towards the light purple haired and red eyes nurse, who was his caretaker.

"Miss. Florence…"

The nurse shook her head bearing a stern expression.

"This is why I wanted you to be in your room. Now isn't a good time for taking a stroll."

Relaxing his chin on top the palm he placed on his wheelchair's arm, Shinji regarded his nurse.

"Despite the fact that the said stroll is within the hospital. A distinguished hospital that boasts of one of the most sanitized premises in the country?"

Huffing, Florence sighed dropping formalities. "Don't be such a smartass, Shinji. It doesn't suit you... Besides, you know your case is different. All it takes is just a simple cold to put you in a near death phase."

Shinji did shiver while smiling.

"Brrr… Not mincing words now, are we."

"Not in your case. I know you don't like that. So I won't bother doing it." Florence said with a smile as she wheeled him towards his room. "By the way, I heard it's shutting down today. YGGDRASIL, that is."

"Y-Yeah, that's right…" Shinji ostensibly replied in a calm tone – though Florence could spot Shinji's arms gripping the wheelchair tightly. "Florence, before this memory of mine fails me, yet again. Please take me back to my room… Believe I still owe one more Boss a solo kill."

"You got it."

It took only a few minutes later, after they had both taken the elevator to the more exclusive section of hospital did, they both stop as Shinji raised a hand for the scanner to open his room door – with a green glint and a beeping sound, they both entered his hospital chamber.

Though just calling it a chamber could be quite the understatement. It was an elite suite – comfortably wide enough for a king-sized mattress to be placed in the middle with holographic HD TV set to serve as entertainment.

Though there were other luxuries strewn around, Shinji completely ignored them heading wheeled straight for his bed. Upon laying on it, Shinji produced a pad on his person, tapping upon it triggered a segment of the wall above him to detach into the form of a transparent helmet which slowly trundled downwards.

Shinji weakly clicked his tongue in annoyance at the sluggishness of the machine which elicited a chuckle from Florence who promptly removed the slowly moving helmet from the wall, fastening it on Shinji.

"Thanks." Shinji muttered, making himself comfortable on the king-sized bed.

"It's part of my job's description." Florence replied, while she made the final adjustments. "Alright, preliminary scans have shown that you're good to go... So, see you in some hours, YGGDRASIL's no. 1 player."

"Stop calling me that."

"But it's true, isn't it?"

"…" Pouting, Shinji didn't deign to answer his nurse.

"Link start!"

And darkness overtook him with the sound of Florence's pearly laughter ringing in the background.

ᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥ

The land rumbled in theatrics as the World Boss ⸢Time Titan-Cronus⸥ crashed to the ground with the humanoid monster Player looking on impassively.

[System Announcement to the 9 Realms!]

[World Boss Time Titan-Cronushad been defeated by Player 'Lord Azoth'!]

"Whelp, what can I say?" Shinji or rather, Lord Azoth huffed rather smugly. "Cronus wasn't really at my level."

Outfitted in his custom-made Divine Grade set [Mytas Vájrä] – which was a dark jagged armor with a four horned helm and cape with a dark wispy effect, and the [Lævateinn] a fiery sword of the same grade. The fiery crocodile-like demon looked back in confusion before he belatedly realized that he was all alone – his 'partner' is no more with him.
With a despondent sigh, Lord Azoth lifted a hand and dramatically pointed it towards the World Boss.

«Parasitize»

A large spell dome instantly materialized as the Super-Tier Spell took immediate effect. From his cape, dark like veins spread out enveloping the World Boss, consuming him and adding his strength to Lord Azoth's own... Not like it'll matter much anyway.

[For defeating the World Boss Time Titan-Cronusyou have earned]

[Divine Grade Item: Earth Ripper (Gauntlet), Batara Kala (Double Axe), Legendary Grade Item: Touting Roar
(Firearm), Relic Grade Item: Elysium's Worthy (Armor set)]

[20,000 Star Silver ores, and 350,000 gold coins]

[For being the first to Solo kill the World Boss Time Titan-Cronusyou have earned]

[World Item: Cruel Reaper (Scythe)]

[Divine Grade Item: Father Time (Helmet set)]

[100,000 Celestial Uranium ores, 25,000 Scarletite ores, and 750,000 gold coins]

Lord Azoth whistled with a sweatdropped emoticon.

"If I had received these drops during YGGDRASIL's golden era, the entire server would have been after my head… Now though, they'll probably see it as a player's last laugh."

The «Parasitize» spell had finished its effect with the World Boss finally disappearing into golden motes of light.

"Now that's done, it's on to that one final place…"

With a dramatic effect of fiery chains wrapping around the 9-foot humanoid heteromorphic, Lord Azoth vanished into the red flames and in its place was a well fitted human in Relic grade armor.

Smiling, Lord Azoth ignored the slight pain in his heart, opening a «Gate» towards a lone mountain-top in Asgard; a realm meant for humans and beast-kins.

It wasn't that he was afraid of being PKed in his heteromorphic form, he just didn't want to risk killing the idiots who might see him as prey – Lord Azoth didn't want to prevent them from seeing YGGDRASIL's end with him.

Closing his eyes, Lord Azoth remised of decade spent playing the game. Candidly speaking, after 3 years spent in YGGDRASIL, apart from its wide customization options, the VR gamed had begun losing its appeal, but...

"Why don't you go out and explore the 9 Realms."

"Eh~ why should I, grandpa? There're other games with better visuals and still the same lore—"

"But not the same freedom… Shinji, or should I call you, Lord Cãmpæ. I assure you that as one who has seen this game from its conception, I know what YGGDRASIL fully offers… Ok, how about a bet."

"Bet? Bet on what?"

"Play YGGDRASIL for 3 more months. This time don't hunker down in the safe zones. Go out; see the world, be the hero we both used to read about or even roleplay as a villain. This VR game… This world is more wonderful that you think. But in case the appeal still isn't there, then I won't fault you for stopping."

"Hmm… Alright, I'll take the bet. But if, no, when I win, we get to play the Galaxy War VR I've been hearing about, ok?"
"… Heh, it's a deal."

[23:50:3]

"You won, gramps." Lord Azoth muttered before standing up and shouting to fake night sky. "You were right all along. I played. I explored… I adventured. YGGDRASIL was all you said it would be and more! You heard me, right?! You won the bet, gramps! I, Lord Azoth admit defeat!"

Breathing heavily, Lord Azoth fell down on lush grass, looking upwards at the twinkling stars which was marred by the countdown timer at his peripheral.

[23:52:16]

Lord Azoth didn't want this to end, but what could he do. Just like how he didn't want his grampa to die, or how he wanted the surgeries or the hellish spams or the sudden seizures or the sudden strokes to stop, Lord Azoth knew there was nothing he could do about it.

This was his painful reality.

[23:58:40]

"But even so..."

The YGGDRASIL player smiled as the fireworks began.

"I'm satisfied. The journey, the discovery, the loss, the victories… All of it. If by the time a YGGDRASIL II opens, and I'm not there to play it. The veterans will remember one Lord Azoth, Hero of the 9 Realms, and a super-tier player… Hahahahaha! Now that's one corny joke I wouldn't want Florence hearing."

[23:59:56]

"Goodbye, YGGDRASIL…"

[23:59:59]

"Goodbye, gramps…"

[00:00:00]

So, the world abruptly ended... ... ... and abruptly began.

ᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥ

"Ni-san?"

Lord Azoth opened his eyes, realizing that he was seated on a chair in a room he did not realize.

"Eh?"

Blinking in bemusement, Lord Azoth looked around still seated, taking on the foreignness of the room and of himself.

"Am I still in the game?" He muttered in befuddlement, but then an armored hand went towards his throat in shock. "My voice... What's happened to my voice?"

Rather than a sickly voice, his voice now had a rich yet light baritone to it... Wait, how is he even talking right now? YGGDRASIL never had that kind of feature, and more importantly…

Lord Azoth stilled in preparation before taking in a deep breath, waiting for the lancing pain that usually comes right after… Nothing happened. Rather, Lord Azoth felt his respiratory system continue on as normal, and that wasn't all – he felt powerful, like a limitless well of power is currently coursing through him.

Could this be…?

To test his suspicion, Lord Azoth casted « Self-Viewing» It was a 1st tier spell, one normally used when customizing Avatars and Game Item.

In this situation, it would be a confirmation of his inane doubts.

Feeling an insignificant quantity of something being dipped, Lord Azoth gagged in amazement as a hovering round mirror manifested in reality.

"Ha... Hahahahahah! What the hell is this?!" A handsome white hair teenager bearing heterochromia eyes of sky blue and blood red stared at his new visage in tremor. "My face, my voice, my sickness, and this power… Blazes, could this
be some sort of shonen reincarnation?"

"N-Ni-san."

Breaking off from his thoughts, Lord Azoth— no, he isn't in YGGDRASIL, anymore. Shinji lifted his head as he took note of the purple haired girl in his room.

"Saku... Ra?"

Shinji felt like a dam had opened in his head as memories of life he didn't live gushed in. Memories of anger, loneliness, false-pride, resignation, bitterness – it was a life of, in crude words, a boy who was molded into a piece of shit by his surroundings, with the said piece of shit about to do something quite unthinkable to his sister because of some fucking worm's doing.

The same worm that killed his mother right in front of him!

Shinji could feel it – his ⸢ Azi Dahaka Personalities⸥ struggling behind their seals. Each and every one of them carved for blood, and Shinji is inclined to agree with them.

Today, Zouken must die... But first.

Standing up, Shinji headed towards Sakura who responded by shrinking back in fear.

'Ah... I really must have been a piece of shit to her.' Shinji thought as he stopped a few feet away from her. 'I can't even fathom on how I could make it up to her... Really, former me is a dick. Nevertheless, I can still aid her with this.'

"Sakura, I want you to brace yourself."

Seeing the confuse look on her face, Shinji smiled a bit in assurance – even though he knew that this isn't the face she wants to do the assuring.

"I'm putting an end to everything... I know I'm not making much sense, but... Trust me. This is the last time you'd be
going to that pit... As of today, I'm ending the Matous. Too many have died for one old worm to live."

«Grand Purification»

A golden beam with the spell symbol of the YGGDRASIL Cherubim enveloped Sakura, its luminesce was such that it lighted up the glooming house with its sacred presence.

From what Shinji could gleam from his past-self memories. Zouken had been dumping Sakura in that worm infested pit for something quite nefarious. Well, he reckons that a 9th tier purifying spell might do the trick, and from the looks of it, it's working.

Shinji promptly caught Sakura who was swaying on her feet and placed her on his bed.

"Ni-san. What did you do?" Sakura weakly asked.

"Something quite out of character." Shinji replied jauntily.

His enhanced senses could pick up the screech that rang out from a corner of the house, in response, Shinji quickly casted «Rift Dome» and «Holy Cowl» to prevent Zouken from escaping. This ends today, and he would not allow even one worm to escape this house.

"Take a light nap, little sis." Shinji muttered, making way for the door. "By the time you wake up, everything's gonna' be alright."

«Veil of Moon»

«Wall of Protection from Curses»

«Sacred Sanctuary»

With the spells in place to put his (non)heart at ease, Shinji pulled out an Epic grade Holy-Type spear from his [ Storage] moving ahead for one last concentration with his grandfather.

"Now that I think about it. We really aren't much different, Zouken."

The left eye blazed in azure flames, while the other sclera tainted black with a gleaming red cornea. Streaking down the later face side were dark veiny marks.

"Let's have a good ole monster PvP, shall we."

Huh, never seen an idea quite like this...alright, yeah, I'm super curious as to where this could go, more please:p

Goodbye Gramps and Sakura's Decision
Shinji could still remember it.

It was the 4th year of YGGDRASIL's golden era; Players abound in each of the 9 realms, scouting for opportunities and possibilities.

Unique Classes, top-tier Items, Guild Bases, and heck, even hidden missions promised bountilicious rewards... YGGDRASIL at that time was touted as the fulcrum of possibilities, all you had to do was to get out there and explore.

Shinji or rather, Lord Cãmpæ – as he was known at that time- was also of the same mind. It had almost been a year since Lord Cãmpæ had that bet with his gramps, and honestly, Lord Cãmpæ was secretly thankful that he had listened to his gramps when he had.

While it was true that other VR-games had better visual qualities as well as smooth motor-controls. YGGDRASIL still had them beat when it comes to customizations and diversity.

Even the Star Empire – the VR game Lord Cãmpæ had been eyeing- can only grant up to 24 Classes, and don't even get him started on the customization system. If money were the issue, then Lord Cãmpæ wouldn't have been complaining – he was quite sure that his estranged family ranked among the top 10 World's wealthiest individuals.

It definitely isn't pride talking when Lord Cãmpæ understood that his pocket-money could lavishly feed a middle-stratum family for an entire year...

Anyways, to put it in summary; Star Empire was just horrible in customization. Lord Cãmpæ couldn't even comprehend how was it that people still hailed the said VR as the greatest sci-fi themed game of all time… Like sheesh, apart from the numerous open-world planets to explore, better visuals, smooth controls, A.I NPCs…

Ok, ok, Lord Cãmpæ could see it.

But he'll still stand by his word that Star Empire customization was shit… God, let Aunt Florence never find out that he had just uttered a curse word.

Ok, now he's getting of tangent.

Although, why it is true that the myriad customization in YGGDRASIL is one of the reasons the VR still had a grip on him. Lord Cãmpæ could also say that, it was the same liberty in YGGDRASIL's customization that was becoming a source of frustration for him.

ᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥ

"Hmm?" A confused emoji appeared on the LV 100 Ancient Dragon that Lord Cãmpæ was currently riding. "What do you mean by that, Lord Cãmpæ?"

"How should I put it...?" The LV 100 Crowned Ice Demon folded his arms while reclining on a stump on the dragon's back. "You know what my current goal to attain in YGGDRASIL is, right?"

The dragon chuckled, while the ice demon waved his fist, peevishly.

"Don't laugh, gramps."

"Sorry, sorry, Shinji."

"Lord Cãmpæ!" The ice demon loudly corrected. "Remember to call me by my Avatar's name when we're in the game."

"Ah, my bad. Lord Cãmpæ." The dragon apologized. "So, 'to stand at the top of the 9 realms' if I remember it correctly. You want to be the strongest Player in YGGDRASIL."

"Yep~ and that means top grade Items, World Items, unique Classes… The thing's that, they're all easy to get and that's where my problem is coming from." A groaning emoji appeared beside the ice demon. "They're all quite easy to get if anyone just puts in an effort! Makes the whole uniqueness about it mute, doesn't it?"

The dragon couldn't help nodding in agreement at his grandson's tirade. In a way, he was right; Opportunities. That has always been the main theme behind the creation of YGGDRASIL.

Yes, while it is true that you could be capable of getting ahead of the rest, especially if you can abuse the Cash Shop Items – that was how both he and his grandson were capable of attaining Unique grade Racial Species in the first place- at the end of the day, even that isn't capable of getting you to the top.

Opportunities within the 9 realms existed for everyone, and Cash Items can only take you so far, after all…

Lord Cãmpæ [Rank 16] Aza-zazoth [Rank 18, that wasn't close to the top 10 much less top 5.

In a way, it rankled the wealthy tycoon that he wasn't even in the top 3 in the first place. Do not to get him wrong; if he wanted with to, with just one phone call, Aza-zazoth could upgrade his already Super Account to one that just a
smidge below a Developer's Account.

But Aza-zazoth won't do that…

Why? Cause it'll ruin the fun in the game…

Although, Lord Cãmpæ is right. It is time to do something about it.

Moreover, if Aza-zazoth remembered correctly, there existed two World Item he had instructed the company to patch in as they were developing the game. It was supposed to be a secret gift for his grandson and now would be a good time to give it to him.

Besides, if anyone accuses them of cheating, well… The world isn't exactly fair in the slightest and in YGGDRASIL, there were 2 things needed in order to rise to the top; money and information… Both, Aza-zazoth has in spades.

"I'll admit you've got a point, Lord Cãmpæ."

A portal leading into a secret aerial-class Dungeon in Helheim manifested with a boom for the duo to fly right in.

"How about this… Let's complete this dungeon. Then, we'll begin a quest for one particular World Item that can propel us to the top."

"Really, gramps?!" Lord Cãmpæ said, before his voice became a flushed stutter. "I-I-I mean, Aza-zazoth… Erm, so what type of World Item is it?"

"If I remember correctly, it's a mid-tier World Item that allow Players to fine-tune their Avatars however they want… Hmm, oh, now I remember the name of the World Item. It's called…"

ᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥ

"The ⸢Azi Dahaka Personalities⸥"

The air was suddenly tainted with a sulfur scent as spectral chains made of flames surrounded Shinji.

It felt totally different from the game, because, Shinji could actually tell there was something beneath those fiery chains waiting to be unleashed.

Willing the spectral chains away, Shinji nodded in satisfaction.

"Thank heavens. All things considered, the World Item seem to working perfectly."

The ⸢Azi Dahaka Personalities⸥ like other World Items is a game-breaking Item that granted Shinji free reign over his YGGDRASIL's Game Avatar.

With the Item, Shinji could utilize the Skills, Passives, and Spells locked to specific Classes or exclusive to other Races. Shinji can also cast Super-tier Spells for a shorter duration and use high-tier spells regardless of Level – provided that he has the MP.

However, that wasn't the main function of the World Item.

If perchance, Shinji has Leveled up his Avatar, and wants to play YGGDRASIL using another character, but at the same time doesn't want to lose his present Avatar. He can just store the Avatar in the ⸢Azi Dahaka Personalities⸥.
Shinji has already used up the 10 infernal circles (slots) within the World Item to store his most powerful combination of Avatars. With each Avatars arranged from the weakest to the strongest. The icing on the cake is that, if the Avatar he is currently using, dies in anyway. Shinji would just find himself donning on another loaded Avatar…

A free Instant-Resurrection and Anti-Existence Erasure Item, if Shinji had anything to say about it.

ᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥ

Shaking his head, Shinji stirred himself out of his musing and paid attention to the situation at hand…

Namely killing Zouken.

With the golden orb fixed in the Holy-Type spear lighting up the hallway – not like Shinji needed it considering his Avatar's Species- the dim house seemed to give some sort of blasphemous radiance and the air tinged with a rotten scent.

Resting the spear against his body while he walked. Shinji closed his eyes, trying to dreg up any happy memory the Shinji in this life had. Anything at all… But Shinji found none.

This world's Shinji might have repressed the memory, but the Shinji of now didn't have such luxuries.

He still remembers it – the last smile his mother gave him and her wish for son to have a life away from the madness of the moonlit world. His father was a man who waste the last years of his life slaving to alcohol. His grandfather, Zouken, the perpetrator of Matou's tragedy was as self-serving as they come.

Despite the fact that Shinji had always told himself that he was the heir of the Matou family, he already had a feeling that wasn't the case. So when he had seen Sakura in that… Pit, and the way his father looked at him on that faithful day. Shinji knew that his lot has already been decided for him…

There was no need to lie to himself anymore… To survive all he had to do is adapt – if that meant being an even bigger piece of shit that he currently was, then so be it.

Shinji definitely didn't want his grandfather to think that he was expendable like the rest of them.

Opening his eyes, Shinji sighed as he walked down the stairs towards the hidden section of the Matou mansion. He had already casted a low-tier Divination spell and had accounted for all of Zouken's insects – with Zouken's shrewdness, who know what might happen.

Soon enough, the ambient light drew dimmer as the stairs took Shinji deeper into the earth – inside Zouken's stomach.

chi*chi*chi*chi*chi…*

The buzzing of insects was the all the warning Shinji got as the moved out of the corner walls, straight into a dark swarm of grotesque insects diving towards him. It seems Zouken doesn't want to take chances with him.

Unfortunately for the Matou ancestor, he wasn't dealing with the Shinji that he knew.

Azure pupil silted and burned, as Shinji's mouth opened wide to reveal fanged teeth.

«Racial Skill-Lacerating Howl»

The air shimmered, and the hideous swarm before Shinji instantly exploded in gore.

The Werewolf Racial Skill with the slashing effect and madness debuff had perfectly done its job – shredding Zouken's familiars.

Shinji moved without showing any reaction at what he just did. On the other hand, the insects buzzing increased as if hissing in pain.

Although, that shouldn't be of any surprise – Zouken's familiars were Zouken himself.

"Who are you?" From the depths of the pits, a wizened voice cried out. "What is your purpose for brazenly waltzing into my Workshop, interloper?"

"Interloper… Ha…" Shinji's lips spread out into laughter. "Hahahaha… Come on, Grandfather. Don't tell me, you don't recognize your failure of a grandson, eh."

The insects slowly parted from the middle of the pit, revealing an archaic inhuman who stood unconcerned by the grotesque insects. Rather, his inhuman eyes trailed the one who referred to himself as his grandson, warily.

"Shinji?" Zouken scoffed. "Hah! I'll admit that's quite witticism, interloper. But even an old man like myself can see the lie from miles away. So let's cut the chase, and get down to the main point of all this. Are you after the Matou's magecraft? If so, I can easily give it you."

Shinji hummed, continuing his stride, slowly. "The Matou's magecraft… I'll admit that's quite the bounty. But Matou Sakura, isn't she slated to be the next Family Head? Where does that leave her?"

To the question, Zouken merely chuckled.

"I've always believed sooner or later, the Matous as a Magus-Family would be coming to an end, and despite all that I've done to prepare my granddaughter in receiving the Matou's magecraft. She or rather, her body appears to be unwilling. Of course, with you being here, I can only see this as the opportune moment for me give up my family's magecraft… For a small price."

"Price… What price?"

Seeing that negotiations has begun, Zouken gave a sickly smile.

"What I want is your cooperation. A partnership of sorts. The method you employed to sneak pass this mansion's wards – I want you to give it to me. In exchange, you'll have the Matou's magecraft at your disposal. Quite the premium deal if you ask me."

'Ever the sneaky one, Zouken.' Shinji thought in acknowledgment.

Of course, Shinji knew that every words that had come out of the fossil's mouth were confounded lies. After all, if Zouken really wanted to give away the family's magecraft, he would done it in a way that will benefit only himself.
Shinji's attack is definitely not an opportune moment.

Knowing his grandfather's nature, Shinji reckons that Zouken is either after his body to further his own agenda, or the old coot wants just to double cross him.

A typical magus-like behavior.

'With relations like this, I really can't see the appeal in being in the moonlit world.' Shinji thought, puckering his lips. 'The former me definitely ain't right in the head.'

Nevertheless, Shinji has decided that the word play has gone far enough.

It's time to end this.

A light hop took Shinji sailing into the air, and landing on the worm infested pit with a multi-ton force. The entire underground shook as the air whistled harshly from Shinji's impact.

Standing in the crater formed within the pit, Shinji glared at Zouken with all the hatred he could muster. The mana emanating from Shinji carried enough potency and toxicity that the insect familiars could only screech out in anger, but didn't want to be within his proximity.

"Hey, Zouken… Do you still remember the day you ate my mom?"

"Wha-" Zouken retreated as the full brunt of the interloper malevolence was becoming too intense. "What are you talking about?!"

It was at that moment, Zouken understood that there was no way he could reach an understanding with the interloper. Who or what manner of being the interloper is, didn't matter.

Zouken could clearly see it now – the interloper had come with the intention of killing him.

"Of course the great flesh eater wouldn't deem to remember another pile of flesh amongst the hundreds he had devoured. But here's the thing…"

With a single step, the earth beneath Shinji cracked.

"I definitely remembered that day. The last kiss my mother gave me, her hugs, her tears… You looking on while laughing in the background! I fucking remember everything!"

By this point, Shinji's face was one of cold malice.

"Survive! Live long! Have a happy life! Those were her last words before you took her away from me… So I survived. I couldn't leave a happy life but I survived. Even if it meant becoming an asshole and fucking piece of shit… We're both sinners in this house, make no mistake about that, Zouken. But this time, I keep on surviving and having a happy life… But only with you gone."

"… Shinji, you are really, Shinji." Zouken said in a disbelieving tone after some seconds passed. "But how… What did you do to gain this kind of power?"

"Video games… Lots and lots of video games, old man."

Gritting his teeth, Zouken glared at Shinji with no small amount of trepidation. How did Shinji gain this kind of power and in fact, could the one standing before him really be Shinji?
While the memory accounted to him felt quite accurate, and the emotions within Shinji's anger felt too raw. The boy's demeanor is entirely different – it was like he was a whole new person.

Although, the fact that his failure of a grandson has obtained this kind of power annoyed Zouken to no end.

'There's a difference between arrogance and surety, Shinji. That you've seemly gained arcane might doesn't mean you can stand up to me… Much less, in the heart of my workshop.'

"You've always been a fool, Shinji."

Raising a shriveled hand, Zouken called upon all the insect familiars he had within the mansion. After all, there was some sort of boundary field Shinji had put up to prevent him from getting out – it was a powerful one to be killing his insects upon contact.

But this way, there was nothing holding Zouken back from using his full power. Curse insects, flesh eating insects, poison insects… That and many more at his disposal to use on the fool who had gotten bigheaded, thinking he could challenge a magus in his own territory.

"So go, die like one!"

Like a biblical plague, insects of various sizes – some fist size while others being human length- poured out from the orifices in the walls, bloating out the already dim light the torches underground provided.

chi!*chi!*chi!*chi!*chi!*chi!*chi!*chi!*

The screeches of the insects tensed the air which vibrated and shook – it was a form of attack on its own. Like a churning wave, they surged towards the unmoving Shinji and swallowed him whole.

"Hmm…" Zouken blinked in bemusement. "Is that it?"

For a moment, the Matou ancestor didn't know what to think. For as much as he was quite sure of his location and the power he could bring to bear. Fighting another mage –especially one who's specialty and species were unknown- is more of a rock, paper, scissors kind of game.

All it took was one bad round – if you don't understand the nature of the enemy mage's attack, then you're at an even bigger disadvantage.

But Shinji… Shinji is at least, familiar with his hand and tactics – after all, he had allowed Shinji to read the tomes about the family's magecraft.

So why did Shinji allowed him to attack first and didn't stop him from playing his hand?

Unless…

"No."

Zouken shook his head, stubbornly.

"I don't believe it. I won't believe that grandson of mine has such a trump card that can overcome my insects. It's not possible. It's not—"

«Combat Skill-Twin Cross Impact»

Beneath the insect mountain, a [X] light manifested with a gilded glow. Its luminance was such that it brought daylight to the underground while scorching the air with a familiar scent – a holy one.
Before Zouken could hiss in pain at the harm being done to his familiars –and to himself by proxy- the light exploded, obscuring his view in baleful light and flames.

… And Zouken screamed.

ᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥ

The golden orb in the Holy Spear's head burned as Shinji maintained his combat stance. It was only until Shinji had spotted Zouken near the cracked wall at the opposite side of the underground, with half of his body missing, did he relax his stance with a nonplused look on his face.

"Eh… Is that it?"

Unlike the other Avatars in the ⸢ Azi Dahaka Personalities⸥, the Avatar he is currently using isn't even a LV 100 Humanoid character.

[Lunar Werewolf–LV 68]

While it can be argued that the money spent in building up this character ensued that it was stronger than normal – with the right equipment, the Lunar Werewolf could easily destroy a LV 80 Elite Boss.

But even so… It was still his weakest Avatar!

An echoing right swing with his Holy Spear discharged yellow flames that consumed the large surge of insects that gushed forward to consume him.

Originally, Shinji had equipped an emergency Evasion Item in case of any unwanted surprises. When the Item didn't activate when the swarm surged towards him, Shinji thought it had malfunctioned…

But now, he understood why the Item didn't bother to activate.

"Weak… He's much too weak."

If Shinji were to grade Zouken in YGGDRASIL's terms. Zouken would be an Insect User with a common class and Levels being around 35-40 – maybe even lower if one would consider his physical Stats.
While this made Shinji's job easier. The fact that this was all the monster amounted to irked the YGGDRASIL Player to no end.

"Oy, come on, gramps." Shinji smirked at his grandfather's pathetic distorted form. "Don't tell me this is all the great Matou has to offer, because I'll be very disappointed."

"Grr… Don't get too bigheaded, Shinji." Zouken groaned in pain as he shot back. "We're both the same, the two of us. We both sold our humanity to gain more power… Guh! Although, it seems like your own method is more rewarding than mine."

"I did say it before, didn't I?" Shinji said as he begun a slow saunter towards Zouken.

"We're both sinners in this house… Killing you doesn't change anything. But it'll bring a sense of closure and a new beginning for me."

"I think your mixing revenge for closure. Get off your high horse, Shinji. Seeing you behave like a hero is nauseating. I know what you did to Sakura, every time you laid your hands on her, you enjoyed it. Don't think just because you've
gained a little power means that you too aren't a vermin."

"… … Maybe you're right, old man. But even so…"

In a burst of speed, Shinji seem to flicker out of sight.

The last thing Zouken heard was a sonic boom, before he felt his neck suddenly being clenched and the world turning to an agonizing blur - the Matou ancestor could feel his back shattering walls. When he tried disseminating himself to escape, a brief static shock rang through his psyche stopping him from doing so.

When the spine-shattering pain and the blur stopped, Zouken faintly realized that he was some meters above his mansion. Though he wasn't flying – no, it was Shinji who was miraculously doing so while lifting his entire form by the neck.

"I never once said that I'm doing this for a great cause. Call it revenge or whatever. I simply want to live, and if that means killing you…" The hand around Zouken's neck tightened. "So be it."

Despite the situation at hand, regardless of the disadvantage, Zouken struggled to escape –to survive.

In a way, both grandfather and grandson weren't so different. Where Matou Shinji had a dream of becoming the Family Head and failed, Matou Zouken, no; Makiri Zolgen also dreamed of attaining the Grail and failed.
For Shinji, all he had left was his life and he was too much of a coward to lose it, so he did what he had to survive. For Zolgen, his dream of creating a ΦΘ ΰ was a chance too big to miss but he had deemed it impossible without the help from the Grail… For his dream, for his ΦΘ ΰ, Zolgen would become the one thing he hated the most.

⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙

"You know, Justeaze. This Grail project of ours, I believe it can change everything. All the world's evil –man's pain and sufferings. I believe that despite what anyone says, such a goal is possible. Me, you, and Nagato. We'll accomplish it with our very hands… The path to mankind's salvation."

"It truly is a noble goal, Zolgen. Though don't let Nagato hear you saying it like that. He'll probably mock you saying that you've finally be influenced by all the Shakespearen work that has been going around these days."

"What?! Who's calling my name? Is it you, curly hair?!"

"Curly?! Come here let me show you curly!"

"Now, now. There's no need for a fistfight, we're all distinguished Mages, aren't we?"

""But he started it!""

"Hah… Boys will be boys."

⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙

"Ha… Haha. I see." Zouken's struggle slowly ceased as the sky overhead was decorated with magical arrays. "I've really fallen low, haven't I?"

To create a Utopia –a world where human's sufferings and tears were naught but a bad dream. But in the end, what did the fool name Zolgen amount to?

'Hahahaha… What a pathetic comedy. You're right, Nagato. I should have just let go…'

«Super-Tier Magic: Sacrifice»

The image of large infernal hands dragging him towards a murky sacrificial slab was the last thing Zouken Matou saw before he was no more…

"Goodbye… Gramps."

ᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥ

Opening her eyes, Sakura felt that there was a difference in her body.

There was normally a pressure around the center of her chest. It was heavy and uncomfortable –like something alive was moving inside. But now, Sakura felt nothing.
Taking in a deep breathe, Sakura to her surprise found out that she could now breathe easily.

But that wasn't all.

"It's gone…" Sakura checked herself once more for assurance.

"Grandfather's insects. I can no longer feel them… But how?"

It was something Sakura had always kept to herself –mostly not to alert her grandfather. But ever since childhood, she had been aware that grandfather has been messing around with her body.

Sometimes, Sakura could feel herself slowly falling into a murky reeking pit. What lies at the bottom she doesn't know nor wants to find out –she was afraid of what laid in the bottom.

But what could she do? Despite her unwillingness, there was no way she could defy her grandfather.

She had seen what happens to the ones who have tried…

'Uncle Kariya…'

To Sakura, defying grandfather means putting the only one she truly loves in danger. The man who had become her light in this cold dreary world.

"Senpai…"

It was spoken in a stifled whisper as if frightened by the prospect of the winds announcing out her words for all to hear.

Sitting up, Sakura realized that she was in her brother's room. But the fact that her dress was still intact meant that nothing had happened to her –for today that is.

As Sakura stood up to leave her brother's room, she wondered if what she had seen wasn't just a dream her brain conjured to escape reality –though she knew it wasn't; it would have been Senpai instead of Ni-san, after all.
But then, that would mean Ni-san's transformation. His capability of using magecraft, as well as him easily removing grandfather's influence from her body wasn't a dream.

"Take a light nap, little sis… By the time you wake up, everything's gonna' be alright."

Sakura simply didn't know what to think…

Upon moving out of the room and into the hallway, Sakura paused in disbelief at the state of the house. It had drastically changed for the pass few minutes that she had been asleep.

The curtains that has always been draped down were raised up, allowing the setting sun to seep inside. It gave the rather monochrome house a radiance that Sakura never thought she would see in her lifetime. The silence where
there should have been insects creaking was also quite unsettling.

The house for the first time since forever now seemed… Normal.

"What is going on?" Sakura muttered, before she felt a light tap on her cheek. Turning to see who had poked her elicited a fearful gasp from the lavender hair girl as she retreated in a stammer.
"F-Fairy…"

Indeed, floating some paces away from Sakura was a fist-size fairy. Unlike the ones she had seen in grandfather's tomes, the fairy before her appeared to be a very beautiful green-hair woman dressed in leaves and smaller size flower adorned on her head.

Wordlessly, the fairy bowed and gestured for Sakura to follow.

Sakura blinked nonplused for a moment before she followed the fairy. The pace by which everything was going was too fast, and if this fairy wants to lead her to the source of it all, then she will follow –Sakura wasn't even sure of her chances of stopping the Fae from harming her if it wanted to.

Thankfully, the fairy led her straight towards the dining room where seated at the head -grandfather's- seat was the one who referred to himself as Shinji, who appeared to be closing his eyes in contemplation.

Opening his eyes, Shinji eyed the fairy with the contemplative look still on his face –though fascination was added as well.

Bless of Titania» now that I look at it, feels too lifelike… Wonder if my world has also changed. Would need to check after this."

Shinji waved his hand in dismissal, and the fairy gave a courteous bow and vanished, leaving behind verdant leaves accompanied by a rich scent of the earth.

"Come on, little sis. Take a seat." Shinji gestured to the chair by his side. "We have a lot to talk about."

ᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥ

Sakura made no move to sit, as she asked, fretfully. "Why are you sitting on grandfather's seat? You know that will only make him angry."

Relaxing his face on his palm, heterochromia creased in amusement. "Don't worry about gramps… As of this moment, we're the only living beings in this house."

Pure shock painted Sakura's face as she staggered.

"B-But that would mean…"

"Right on the money, little sis. Matou Zouken or rather, Makiri Zolgen has gone to meet his friends. The Matou line is over."

Sakura didn't know how to take this news as a gamut of emotions held her frozen stiff. For a transient moment, Sakura couldn't even breathe as the news of grandfather's death still kept on playing in her mind.
What was the girl named Matou Sakura supposed to feel? Anger. Sadness. Pain. Grief… No, to her (un)surprise, Sakura felt nothing.
Only the sensation of a heavy weight being lifted off her chest. Sakura no more had to go to that pit –she no more had to lose herself to the unknown thing that lied beneath.

'But would also mean…' Sakura's thought trailed off while nervously regarding the one named 'Shinji'. 'That my future is now in his hands.'

Sakura stoically moved, and took a seat two chairs away from Shinji who merely gave a resigned sigh.

'Well, it's not like I don't deserve it.'

Giving a light cough, Shinji said. "Little sis. No, Matou Sakura… I can't begin to comprehend what you've been going through ever since you've been given to this family by the Tohsaka's. But even so, on behalf of the Matous –on behalf of the stubborn fool, Zolgen. I am deeply sorry… As of this moment, on my authority as the last line of the Matou family, I relinquish from you Sakura, the Matou name. You're free."

To Sakura, the world had suddenly stopped making sense. Freedom? That was all the 8 years old Sakura had been dreaming of. Freedom from the violation, the pain, and the dreariness of this mansion… An out so that she can experience the sun with a smile of her own.

Should she feel cheated that all it took to have her freedom was offering her body to Ni-san, or should she feel elated that what she had been dreaming of has been handed to her on a silver platter.

"… I want to offer you, 2 choices, Sakura." Shinji said, raising two fingers.

"One, you can stay in here. Of course you're not expected to do anything, you're just living here and if you want me to leave this house. I'll immediately do so. All things considered, you have more right to this house than I do. Or two, I
can arrange a place for you to stay, be it Fuyuki or outside Fuyuki. Your every expenses will be catered for. In fact, I'll even give you excess. I'll ensure that you'll be living the life of a queen… So tell me, Sakura. Which of the 2 do you prefer?"

'It's all moving too fast.' Sakura thought with quivering lips.

The freedom and then Ni-san's options… It's making her head spin.

Sakura still didn't know what to say. She hasn't even questioned if the man before her is really her Ni-san… It may be bad of her to think like this; but in a way Sakura really couldn't bring herself to care.

'I really am a bad person.' Sakura thought to herself.

But even so, the image of a boy with auburn hair and golden-brown eyes made Sakura's heart to start beating even faster. Her eyes suddenly widen at the thought that she was finally free to make her move without any fear of grandfather lurking in the background.

'I may be a bad girl, an unclean girl. But I'm sure you won't mind right, Senpai…? Shirou-Senpai.'

Ni-san's proposal didn't matter, anyway. Sakura had already made up her mind on what she wants to use her newfound freedom for…

And so, Sakura decided. "Ni-san. I chose…"

ᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥ

«Super-Tier Magic: Sacrifice» it was more of an ability than a spell –like how all Super-Tier Magics are. Shinji likened the ability to an ultimate version of the PK Spell «Dark Wisdom».
Unlike the mentioned Spell where could only learn a specific amount of Spells. With «Sacrifice», you could learn absolutely everything. The Spell isn't normally part of the any racial or class Spell Tree, it was more of a Cash Shop Item.

Of course, it also comes with the condition of the said target being 10 Levels lower. Luckily for Shinji, Zouken was at the right Level for him to use the Skill.
So Shinji had learned everything about Zouken or rather, Zolgen.

'Damn, if he hadn't turned himself into a wraith he would have been a better opponent… He would have been a better grandfather.'

Shinji would admit that Zolgen's dream of creating a Utopia was a noble one. Despite the no's and it's impossible that Zolgen had been receiving from everyone, he still kept on preserving. In other cases, that would have been a good trait. But unfortunately for Zolgen, that good trait turned out to be what had ruined him…

"I'll admit that as Zouken, you're one nasty old man who's messed up in the head. But as Zolgen, I'm sorry that you couldn't achieve your dreams. But don't worry… Your memories, your skills…"
Shinji raised a hand that lit up in arcane Mysteries of the Makiri line.

"I'll be sure to make use them all… I won't become you, old man. So rest in peace… Or in pieces wherever you are."

Nevertheless, despite the fact that Shinji has the powers of the YGGDRASIL's Avatar, Lord Azoth. To say that it ensures his safety would be a grand lie…

The Mage Association, the Burial Agency of the Church, the lurking Phantasmals, the Dead Ancestors, and most of all, Heroic Spirits… Each and every one of them hold the potential of ending his life –especially as he isn't a true human being in the first place.

To hide would be easy considering that Shinji still has 'that' in hand. But that wouldn't be living. After spending all his life in that hospital room, now that he's been given a second chance, Shinji refuses to just cower in fear now that he has been given a chance to live.

"The moon and stars… Never thought I'd be honored in seeing them this close. They sure are beautiful." Shinji muttered as he rested on roof the mansion, observing the night sky.
As one who had come from a time where the skies have been bloated out by toxic clouds, and as one who has spent his entire life in a hospital section. The beauty that painted the firmament above was one that couldn't be described or even measured by money…

"This just makes me want to ensure that I don't lose my life. I too want to enjoy this view..."

Anyways, fortunately for Shinji, he had a way to deal with his present conundrum. Thanks to the knowledge of Makiri Zolgen, a shortcut to once again be the strongest has been opened to him.

"And this time… I have the proper tools needed to blaze through."

Doing a kickstand, Shinji rose to his feet as a small blue translucent box manifested above his right palm with a chime. On one side of the box was an artistic symbol of a bountiful tree while on the other was the symbol of a seed.
According to the lore, the World Tree was once covered with a countless number of leaves. But one day, a gigantic monster appeared and devoured the World Tree's leaves leaving only nine left which became the 9 Realms, and from the remnants of the leaves sprang out 200 World Items.

In YGGDRASIL, 'Twenty' were the name of the World Items which were regarded as more powerful that the other World Items.

Resting on Shinji's hand was a World Item even more powerful that the famed 'Twenty' themselves.

"Seriously, the number of Guilds after my head for this baby were too much… Particularly that Ainz Ooal Gown. Their Skeleton leader had been too much of a nuisance… Whelp, that just goes to show the OPness of the World Item."
Taking one last look at the horizon, the tall buildings spread around it, and the fantastical world that was hidden within it. Lord Azoth smirked…

"Here's to my new life, and I'll be living it happy. Isn't that right, Mom?"

Shaking his head with a smile, Lord Azoth gave a mental command and an azure portal sprang into existence. Letting out a sigh, he then entered the reality hidden within the World Item, ⸢YGGDRASIL's SEED

A Million years in One night (part 1)
World Items...

According to the YGGDRASIL lore, these category of Items are literally what their names imply; fragments of the Leaves (Realms) from the World Tree.

They are leagues above Items within their category and possess the capability of easily influencing a Player's gameplay… Simply put; they're Game Changers.

Officially, there are over 200 World Items that the Game Developers had released out, each with their differing abilities and knacks. Then again, it stands to say that even the World Items themselves aren't equal in capacities –some are infinitely better than the others.

As time went on, the Players had come to refer to those special few among the World Items as 'The Twenty'.

[Ourouboros, [Longinus, [Five Elements Overcoming, [World Savior, [ Cruel Reaper]... They are all the highest authorities within YGGDRASIL when it comes to either making Wishes, annihilating an opponent, devastating an opposition, or just plain old growing in strength through Stats Increase or Special Bonuses.

Although even 'The Twenty' are not all equal in potency themselves, and that includes the fact that they do not measure up to the one World Item that was truly a Game Changer in YGGDRASIL's gameplay; the ⸢YGGDRASIL's Seed
The function of the ⸢YGGDRASIL's Seed⸥ is a simple one. Especially when compared to the Wish Authorities, Status manipulation, or Account Avatar Deletion that 'The Twenty' possess.

As Shinji had once crudely describe the Item.

"Where the ⸢Throne of Kings⸥ is known as the Ultimate Divination and Anti-Divination System in YGGDRASIL. The ⸢YGGDRASIL's Seed⸥ can be said to be YGGDRASIL's Ultimate Guild-Base."

In fact, when Lord Cãmpæ and Aza-zazoth had gotten the Item. The sputter they did when reading out the Item's Effects had been a spectacular one.

"H-Hey Gramps. I mean, Aza-zazoth... Are you sure that this is a World Item not another form of a Developer's Account?"

"Eh… I'm-I'm not sure, Shinji."

"But just in case. Let's not advertise this World Item effects, before, you know… The devs finally realize the kind of cheat system they've handed to us on a silver platter."

"Don't worry, Shinji. I'm not one to talk very much."

"That's good... Also stop calling me Shinji in the game. It's Lord Cãmpæ!"

"Yeah got it, Lord Cãmpæ."

ᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥ

Slowly opening his eyes, Shinji realized that he was sitting upon a large lustrous throne of silver and gold. Though that shouldn't have been of any surprise –considering that he was the one to have personally constructed it.

Shinji took a moment to admire the wide chamber he was in. The walls and tiled floors were gleaming white having angelic and demonic murals plastered on them to give it a sacred interpretation.

Twelve knight structures of over 10 meters were placed between the supporting pillars in hall –they were the «Knights of Round», specially crafted LV 95 Golems using Caloric Stones and high grade Data Crystals.

One time Shinji had disguised them as summons, using them against a group of 35 LV 100 Players, the one-sided beat down he'd given them had been a legendary one.

It was to the extent that a forum in YGGDRASIL's website had been opened concerning his «Knights of Round», their origins and if possible, how to get them.

Laughing at the fond memory, Shinji shook his head as he turned to stare at the rather clear blue sky that lit up his hall from the casements on the walls. Unlike in YGGDRASIL, this looked too real –no, it was real.

A real clear blue sky…

"Dammit, Gramps would have loved to see this"

The game savant knew how much his grandfather loved nature. It was to the extent his family members and other multinational competitors considered him an oddball in the world of cutthroat commerce.

But Shinji knew better. He knew of how his grandfather had tried establishing several organizations with the intention of restoring the planet's flora.

'Mankind has taken more than enough.' Gramps would say with a contrite smile.

'Even I am not an exception. Before I go, I want to show you the blue skies my own father had showed me through picture books… Only I don't want you to see it from a damn picture book like I did.'

Looking back, Shinji now understood deep down that it was an impossible endeavor. The planet has already died. If his former world had a consciousness like Gaia's, who knew what sorts of terrible things it would have unleased before its dying breathe… Nope, he didn't want to go there.

"It's time for the final test." Shinji mumbled.

His Throne Room was exactly how he had left it in the YGGDRASIL game. The dim cobalt glow in his «Knights of Round» eyes and the fact that one of them had done a thumbs up at Shinji's mental command indicated that the Golems were working as he intended them to...

… … What? Shinji thought the thumbs up was kind of funny.

Nevertheless, there was one part Shinji had yet to test.

It was without a doubt that since he had taken over this world Shinji's life, a lot had change. Particularly his YGGDRAIL's spells; like the high-grade Compass Spell «Bless of Titania» gaining sentience unlike in YGGDRASIL.
The question now is; what does it mean for the NPCs both Shinji and his gramps had created in the World Item?

So in order to confirm his suspicion, Shinji called for her like he always did. The World Item's Overseer or rather, his inbuilt A.I Support.

"White."

Beside the Throne, light gathered around taking shape. A feminine shape. It dimmed down to reveal an attractive blond hair woman garbed in a silted milk attire which stressed her curvaceous figure.

She was White. Overseer of the World Item and the Realm Guardian.

White was a Celestial Android Shinji had created using a character from the archaic game, NeiR-Automata as her design blueprint. The group that White was also in charge of had been made using the same game as its basis.

The Android bowed with a demure smile. "Lord Azoth, you called for me."

"Umu." Shinji calmly nodded, though his mind was a different story.

'She's also gained sentience?! How is this even possible?!... No, don't be silly now, Shinji. Just some minutes ago, you had been transmigrated into another Shinji's body while casting Spells without using Game Controls… Even that damn Compass Spell summons an actual intelligent Fairy! Anyway, don't lose your cool! You can do this, Shinji… You can do this.'

By all that's holy, why did he had to design her this… Hormone inducing.

As if she had read his mind, White gave an alluring smile and rose up in a way that made Shinji to almost gulp loudly.

"Lord Azoth?"

'Ok… Now, what the hell did I put in her Bio that's making her to behave like this!' Shinji thought furiously, but on the outside he gave small cough.

"Thank you for coming, White."

"No, Lord Azoth. It's my greatest honor to serve!" White replied, reverently. "Please, tell me in what way can I aid you, my Lord."

"Uh… Right."

'Lord?' Shinji blinked in bemusement before he remembered his settings. 'Oh, that's right. I'd set the NPCs to refer to me as 'my Lord' in the game… Ugh, that's embarrassing.'

Standing up, Shinji walked towards the Android and extended a hand towards her head before he paused and decided to change his approach.

"White, I know what I'm about to say would sound weird. But do you feel any different?"

White bore a bemused look before she looked at the frozen outstretched hand and smiled. The Android took the hand, placing it on her cheek which took on a red hue.

"If there is anything different, Lord Azoth." Bright blue eyes stared at Shinji. "It's that I can finally touch you like this… I'm thankful for that, my Lord."

Shinji would have sweat-dropped if his physique could allow it. Since he couldn't, he would have to settle for an eye to erratically twitch.

"Erm… I'm-I'm glad, you've noticed it."

"Of course, I would, my Lord. All those times you have graced me with your presence, I longed to hold you like this. But I couldn't. Now…" Soft lithe hands clenched Shinji's hand a little tighter. "It's like a dream come true, Lord Azoth."

Shinji at that moment wished that he could go back in time to see who had changed White's Bio… And give them a big hug –though he was 100% sure it was his gramps who had done it.

'Really, you're the best, gramps.'

As someone who has never had a proper conversation with a girl except with the hospital nurses and other VR Players –the later who might not even be girls at all. The fact that the first female Shinji is talking too is a prime waifu material…

He feels like screaming Jackpot.

But now isn't the time to be playing romance.

Shinji slowly removed his hand from White who cutely pouted, and said.

"Celebrations can wait, White. We have a lot to discuss. According to what I've gathered, we have been transported from the 9 Realms to a whole new one. One filled with opportunities and dangers."

"Is that so, Lord Azoth." White replied without any form of doubt. "Then shall I summon the Guardians for you to address them of this new happenings?"

"No need for that." Shinji shook his head. "I have faith in your capabilities to deal with them."

"I will not fail that trust, Lord Azoth." White replied with a beautiful smile.

The truth is that Shinji didn't want to see the other NPC Guardians quite yet. Who knows how they've changed? It would be much better to acquire what he came here for before meeting up with the others…

"For now, let's go the Treasury. I want to pick up some Items and then I'll be heading straight to the Sanctuary…"

"The Sanctuary, Lord Azoth?" White said with her face taking on a solemn look. "Does the situation really require usage of the Sanctuary?"

"I believe so, White. Unlike in the 9 Realms, I'm not the number 1 around here." Seeing the surprised look on White's face made Shinji chuckle. "Don't let it surprise you that much, White. Like I said, this world also offers me a chance
to grow stronger… Provided that I prove my hypothesis."

"And I believe you will be standing at the top, soon enough, my Lord." White faithfully replied. "Then, shall we be going."

"Umu." Shinji nodded. "But let's not use the «Guild-Teleport» for now. We'll go there on foot. I also be briefing you about my findings on the way."

"If that's what you wish for, my Lord."

Although, it was as clear as the beaming sun that White was actually enthusiastic about the walk.

Upon leaving the Throne room, Shinji regarded White whose eyes gazed at him in adoration, and sighed.

'Is this how it feels to be popular?'

Well, he certainly isn't going to complain and that's that.

ᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥ

Sighing, Shinji waved another pair of genuflecting Android Elite Guards as both he and White made their way through the Star Castle.

Shinji knew the name sounded funny, but he would fight anyone who would dare to laugh at it. The Star Castle was the name of the floating fortress named by his gramps. It is also Shinji's Command Center within the World Item.

'Speaking of the other centers… Or should I now be calling them, Islands.'

Indeed, the opulent looking glass beside Shinji provided him an outside view of the artistic floating Islands interconnected with large tubes. They were among the biggest boons the ⸢YGGDRASIL's Seed⸥ had provided Shinji.
One of the ⸢YGGDRASIL's Seed⸥ functions was granting Shinji the privilege to create an Island (base) and delegate to it any particular function in YGGDRASIL without restrictions.

Unlike a normal Guild Base, the World Item allowed Shinji to create his own mini-YGGDRASIL.

He already had an Island which boasted of 4 High-Tier Dungeons and 6 Low-Tier Dungeons as well as a Rare Ore Mine. Another Island which served as his Army base. An Island dedicated for Armory, Charms, and Accessories.
Another where he keeps his Summons, and finally an Island upon which he built a small modern city for his NPCs to live in.

Of course, such a function would have really broken the game, so it came with a limitation… Money. Downloading the Island blueprints as well as programming it into the VR game cost more money than one could even imagine.
Shinji had initially gasped on how much it took to build even One Island. It was almost his entire pocket change at that time! Although his gramps only nodded in understanding. Such a function was a Game Breaker, so that means using it should require some level of sacrifice from the Player.

In the end, that didn't mean much to Shinji considering his financial circumstances.

"I have some understanding on the semblance of the situation, Lord Azoth." White said drawing him back to their conversation. "This… Heroic Spirits as well as the Dead Ancestors could actually threaten us."

"It's good that you understand…" Shinji said, rubbing his chin.

"Truth be told, our level in the power totem of this world isn't exactly low… It's quite the opposite. Our YGGDRASIL spells are considered a form of True Magic in this World and are logically above this era Mages and even above some Heroic Spirits and Dead Ancestors. My only concern is how it correlates with the Planet's Mystery."

"Mystery…" White's brows furrowed. "The source of a spell's potency or resistance in every Heroic Spirits, Divine Spirits, Dead Ancestors, Phantasmals and even Mages. It's true that I cannot find such a thing in our database… Ah~ I believe I have an idea on what your plan is, Lord Azoth. Most impressive."

"Hmm… And what do you think it is, White?"

"Permit me, then. You plan on integrating our Spells with this World's Mystery… To create a system similar to the Planet's System and use it as a means to bolster our strength."

"Eh? I-I mean in-indeed, you are correct."

Shinji shakily nodded.

'Why didn't I consider that option?! It's more cost efficient than what I was originally planning… It's only that it'll take time and in the end, I still have to confirm my hypothesis.'

That goes to show the importance of having an outside perspective when making decisions. Despite Shinji possessing adequate knowledge of the World through Makiri memories, it was White's idea that ended up being the better
one.

"Lord Azoth?" White asked in concern seeing that her lord drew a hand across his face in exasperation.

"It's nothing, White… Let's just get going."

ᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥ

The short walk to the Treasury hadn't taken long though it was quite enlightening. And it wasn't only because of White's brilliant idea.

On the way, Shinji had come into the conclusion of instructing White on giving day offs to the Castle staffs. He just couldn't fathom standing still all day and not turning crazy.

They weren't just NPCs from the very moment that he had concluded that they were capable of independent thought.

'I remember constructing a few houses for the Androids on Paradise Island. So the issue of residency wouldn't be much of a problem.'

Upon passing the Sphinx Gatekeepers into the Treasury, Shinji had been greeted by the other Guardian on the Star Castle, Smaug, a LV 100 Psychic Dragon.

Shinji would have to admit that the Dragon had been an eccentric one. It had been quite the experience talking to a creature regarded as the Highest-Tiered Phantasmal Beast. Though Shinji could do without the image of a 20 meters tall dark and gilded scale Dragon wagging its tail like a dog.

If he had to mildly describe such an action, it would be bizarre.

When Shinji had informed the Dragon to bring the Items he needed, the Dragon began crying furiously and begged for him to take something else. It was that moment Shinji remembered where he had gotten the Dragon's blueprint from -an antiquated novel called The Hobbit.

Anyways, after assuring Smaug that he needed those Items for the Realm's benefit and preventing White from turning the Dragon into a swish kebab. Smaug with a whine, called upon his Middle Tier Ghastly Apparitions to go bring the out Items Shinji needed.

"I hear and obey..." Smaug sniffed. "But if it pleases my Lord, can you bring me more treasures so that I may safeguard?"

"You stupid Dragon!" White snapped as a white menacing aura shrouded her form. "I will really turn you into a kebab if you keep on running that rude maw of yours!"

"Hi!-My apologies, Lady White!"

"It's alright, White. That's how he's meant to be." Placing a hand of White's shoulder, Shinji said pacifyingly. "Smaug. How do you feel about a trip to my High Level Dungeons? I'm sure you'll be able to farm some sweet goodies if you work hard enough."

"A thousand thanks, my Lord!" Smaug hollered with such intensity that the entire room shook as if it were in the middle of an earthquake. "I can never thank you enough."

"No problem, you can thank me by watching over my Treasures."

"With my soul, body, and my entire being, my Lord!"

"Umu…"

After storing the Items in his Storage, Shinji beckoned White.

"Let's get going."

White had an ambivalent look in her eyes, alternating between spending hours reprimanding Smaug or following her Lord –of course she chose the latter.

ᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥ

"Come on now, White. Does Smaug's words really bother you that much?"

"… Smaug had been really rude just now. Isn't he aware that you are the one who delegated to him all the Treasures for safekeeping? All it takes is one word from you, and he loses it all."

At that Shinji couldn't help but chuckle. "… Heh, you're really a good person, White."

"My Lord?" White stuttered.

"I think the main reason behind your anger is that you don't want me getting annoyed at Smaug antics, right?"

"Ugh!"

White's flinch was the clincher. Gramps had once told Shinji of one of the tactics employed in Businesses, where a senior officer would get angry at their junior in order to spare them from serious punishment.

'When people see that a person is angry at another, they'll assume that the angry person is going to dole out serious penalties, right?' Gramps said with a chuckle.
'But the truth is that they're actually trying to help the one who they're angry at… Either so that they don't lose their jobs or create unhealthy tensions within the office.'

"Am I right, White?" Shinji said with a grin.

"Your wisdom supersedes comprehension, Lord Azoth." The Celestial Android bowed in reverence. "My apologies for trying put wool over your eyes, it's just that—"

"It's alright, White. I understand." Shinji raised a hand. "I'm the one who… … Created Smaug. His penchant for hoarding treasures is something I'd ingrained in him. So no need for any apologies… Unless you want me to also
apologize for creating Smaug in that manner."

"Please, Lord Azoth! That… That won't be good for my heart."

"Good, let's leave it at that."

This time, they had to use the «Guild-Teleport» to get to the Sanctuary as unlike the Treasury, the former could not be physically accessed within the Star Castle.

Using a Mage's perspective, the Sanctuary could be liken to a place hidden in a different Texture as opposed to a Bonded Field…

The scenery changed from the large hallways of the Star Castle to a jet black realm which its only source of light came from the large golden gate set before them. It is the entrance the Realm's Sanctuary –the most important site in the World Item.

"I can no longer accompany you from this point, Lord Azoth."

It was only due to White's privilege as the Realm's Guardian that she could even make it to this point… But it was only to this certain point. The contents behind the gate were for Shinji's sole use… With the situation being what it is,
Shinji didn't want to risk letting anybody else in.

Nodding at White's words, Shinji called upon his personalized World Item; the ⸢Azi Dahaka Personalities⸥ ready to move on towards the next stage of his plan.

"⸢Azi Dahaka Personalities-Release 4th Infernal Circle⸥"

Fiery chains spurted over Shinji, enveloping his entire form in their flames. The enshrouded form grew bigger and taller reaching over 2 meters, and when the flames died down… An Undead remained.

He was a Skeleton garbed in a Divine Grade colossal fur coated jet-black armor which had a reddish eye at its torso. He had designed the armor using a character from the archaic tabletop Warhammer 'Chaos Horus' as its base.
The corrupted crimson glow in his eye sockets flared as he returned the sword that originally came with him back to the Storage.

'… I feel too different.' Shinji thought as he gave himself an onceover. 'I'm not sure how, but this form feels more… Colder than that of my Lunar Werewolf.'

But Shinji had no choice but to use this form. It was the optimum character Shinji needed for his plan to run smoothly… That is if the Racial Passives of an Undead still worked as intended.

Turning towards White, Shinji said. "Remember, if I haven't come out after 3 days, you are to activate the Time Turner and dilate the Realm's time to 5 years=5 days. Use the allocated time to prepare for when I'm through…"

Even his voice had a profound baritone feel to it.

"It shall be done." The Realm Guardian confidently replied. "I await your return and your inevitable success, Lord Azoth."

The Undead World Disaster shrugged. "Thanks for the vote of confidence…"

Bowing, White vanished in a haze, leaving only Shinji in the lightless realm.

"Now then," Shinji said while moving towards the door that automatically opened in his presence. "Let's get started."

Only in middle of the third chapter I remembered I've read it before and realized you reworked it xD
But still, good job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back