1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Creative Writing and/or NSFW Creative Writing Subforum

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bugs' started by KinKrow, Oct 24, 2016.

1. KinKrow

KinKrow A DREAM ABOUT DREAMING

Basically what it says on the tin, but for a potentially good reason.

Everytime I go onto either of the Creative Writing boards to check out any new stories or updates I notice a bloat. Specifically a bloat of the idea/discussion/rec threads. The i/d/r threads are one of my favorite kind of threads (if not my favorite), but there are so many that it kind of gets in the way of the stories posted, and I kinda lose track of what's what.

Honestly given how often they're used, and how many there are I think it would be a good idea to make a subforum solely for the i/d/r threads. It would clean up and separate them from the actual stories, while still remaining in the Creative Writing boards, so they'd be on topic.

I think that it would also get them posted in more often since it would be it's own section, as well as possibly getting a few new i/d/r threads made. If it was it's own section people would be able to make more of that breed of thread without worrying about cluttering the stories on the page. I was actually fairly nervous when making the Nasu and General Insert threads for that reason, there were so many I was kinda worried if there was even a point.

But I figured I'd toss the idea here to see what the general consensus of users and mods was since I have no idea about either what the making of a subforum entails, and what the other denizens think.

Sooo, discuss?

Edit: After visiting the Creative Writing thread it occurs to me that there are also the threads like for CYOAs and such that would also fit in the subforum.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  2. january1may

january1may Versed in the lewd.

I know that this is how it works on SV, which is a big minus for this proposal, but I really like it anyway.
    It's a pain to go to the NSFW Creative Writing forum and have to slog through two dozen assorted idea/discussion/compilation/whatever threads just to find the two or three stories that actually updated recently.

Then again, given the disparity in activity levels, it's just as likely to be the actual stories that get displaced into a subforum, leaving the main spot for the idea and discussion threads - which would probably be almost as bad as what we have currently.

KinKrow likes this.
  3. KinKrow

KinKrow A DREAM ABOUT DREAMING

Noh, let's not do the thing you just said.

Instead, have Creative Writing main forum be for pure stories, as well as the collections of snippets authors post, but have the subforum be Miscellaneous Writing.

The place for not only I/D/R threads, but also CYOA discussions, kink memes, challenges, etc.

Basically things that pertain to Writing as a topic, but are too broad to solely be considered stories.

Cambrian likes this.