1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Deceased member rules

Discussion in 'Announcements and Rules' started by Soulcore, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Soulcore

Soulcore A sad cat.

what are the rules relating to posts made about members who used QQ and have become decease. Are we allowed to link to a go fund me about them? I don’t know their username but I know them IRL.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  2. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Sorry to ask, but how are we supposed to put said links on the right account then if you don't know the name they used on QQ?

Ddmkm122, Bolo276 and Gregory Crey like this.
  3. Soulcore

Soulcore A sad cat.

The answer to that is I don’t know.
    edit: the gofundme has his real name on it.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  4. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Look, I'm not an admin and I don't have the final say on this, but I can't say that linking a gofundme and just saying it was because the guy was here on your say so can be allowed. Even if you say the truth, we would kinda need more proof than that.

5. daniel_gudman

daniel_gudman KING (in land of blind)

In a different direction, wouldn't this be against the rules on it's own? Because it's doxxing a user, even if it comes from good intentions.

Ddmkm122, Walkir and llat-2 like this.
  6. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

A lot of the motivation for not wanting to doxx people doesn't really apply if they're dead. Dead people cannot be fired from their jobs, they cannot be arrested, and in the Western world even the vigilantes are unlikely to desecrate a grave or go after someone's family.

That said, I don't pretend to speak for LG on this.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  7. Lector312

Lector312 Not too sore, are you?

Friends and colleagues finding out their wrote smut can tarnish their reputation. Admittedly not that big a concern for them but still. I would say at least get the family to consent.
    Of course just proving that the user is actually that person would be a headache

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  8. rkyeun

rkyeun Cabbitus Maximus

Two birds one stone:
    Contact family. Get permission. Family gives access to computer. Log in from computer (because you know password and username are saved in the browser) and then post "I died. Memorial here."

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  9. Lemonbarb

Lemonbarb Very sour Grinch

Easier said than done, and in/to a tune similar to a last-minute RIP tag.

Though to be fair, I recalled to a point, SB had a procedure to get that digital tombstone called "Rest In Piece". But honestly, to avoid doxxing IMO, common sense would probably be a case of "provide IRL contact details/evidence to Mods/staff", state beyond a doubt this person is dead/etc, with a certificate to prove it on top. Yadda.

And as for/on doxxing, it should probably be a procedure, that's more like a will on procedures on what to do when you die/etc.

-

If anything, if not 'as' transparent or etc. I'd argue that long looong term inactive SB Users could FAIK, (and by proxy, this forum to given enough time.) Be in a sense, 'dead' already. Or even dead, and you and I don't know it beyond the "inactive/hiatus forever" status, more/less.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  10. theM

theM Getting sticky.

There's also the potential issue that the family may not know - or want to find out - about the deceased's presence here, given the nature of this forum. The money may be welcome, messages saying "condolences from QQ" may not be.

Ddmkm122 likes this.