1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Demigods and Dragons 5e

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Anthony1967, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Threadmarks: Chapter 1: Loss of the Raven Queen
    Anthony1967

Anthony1967 Not too sore, are you?

Chapter 1: Loss of the Raven Queen

---D&D 5e---
    Loss,

it defines me to the core of my being, empowering and giving the little shape that it can to me.

Yet the loss that defines me isn’t mine, a stolen loss that limits me to the form I am in even now; so I must truly lose what little I care for to become defined and greater…

But what do I care for?

I have no lovers, my worshippers unworthy to me, no meaningful material possessions, nor anyone close to me.

There is no one that I love, and so as I am without one then I shall merely create one. A mother's maternal love turned into the deepest of loss has been the greatest emotion I have ever witnessed through my immortality.

She was nobody special, a simple farmer's wife and commoner who never saw a gold piece in her nor anything of notable interest. Her husband was deemed infertile till the one lucky day that she became pregnant.

The happiest day of her meaningless life, a happiness that would turn into the deepest of sorrows.

She birthed the child and named him Hathor, after her grandfather, and watched him grow; cherishing him with the greatest of love and kindness.

Her neighbor, an aspiring practitioner, enacted a ritual he had been preparing for little over a year in hopes of gaining immense power.

He failed, unleashing a great curse of undeath over his village.

The mother was asleep when she heard the screams of her dearest child, and by the time she rushed to his side it was too late…

He had turned into a wretched hollow of his former self.

The mother saw it approach and knew if she didn’t resist that she’d perish; yet she didn’t care as all she thought of was the loss that coursed through her.

And so she died under the hungry jaws of her former child and eventually her soul passed through my realm.

And I felt her, more than any other soul…

At that moment I had felt defined, and so I knew that to feel the greatest of loss what better could there ever be than the loss of a child?

I then made a child of my divine essences, the body of my most fervent follower, and a compatible soul naming him Aeidrion Amastacia.

I have watched him grow and have become as invested in him as I can, but until this moment I never cared for him more.

For he was taken from me, and I cannot get him back.

Orcus assaulted my realm once again yet during the clash little did I know he had sent his undead after what is MINE.

The moment he was touched he was taken from me, banished beyond where even I could reach. Yet I had the smallest of moments of action, with it I threw to him a piece of my divinity in hopes of saving him but upon knowing of my failure I felt something I had never had before.

I mourned,

I MOURNED HIM

The loss consolidated me and with my new strength I landed a grievous blow upon Orcus’s divinity; an injury that would take decades to heal.

But it mattered little in the face of my loss of my child...

My little Starflower...

But maybe somewhere he still lives, maybe he could find his way back to me.

Unless he does I will never know, so all I can hope for is that my divinity protects him and guards him so he may return.

---D&D 5e---

Covid-19 hit Italy hard, I didn’t feel it and neither did anyone else I knew so I barely feared it knowing my chances of death were so low.

I stayed inside anyways as it suited me well, an introvert by nature, yet still caught it somehow.

At first I cared little for myself but feared for my parents who fought off the illness with immense ease, coming out of it perfectly fine.

Me?

I died like a pleb on a hospital bed from something as dumb as Covid-19 in the prime of my youth.

I always had a strong immune system so it seemed to me like the gods themselves were against me as I degraded and weakened on that bed. From what I now know maybe they did after all, or maybe she did.

After dying I opened my eyes once more in a tiny body with limbs that felt no stronger than when I was at the brink of death just moments before.

Above me something watched me, a swirling mass of darkness bearing down upon me with a gaze that felt like death.

That was my new mom, the Raven Queen.

I didn’t really feel comforted by her but I was excited, she was the Raven Queen which means I’m a demigod! When I really tried I could swirl around little bits of darkness to make small illusions to entertain myself.

It was magic so it was really cool then and still is cool now!

And so I spent all of five years within a room and every so often the creepy shadow specter of the Raven Queen would appear above me. My caretaker was some sort of pale drow that would always throw herself to the floor and grovel her name into the stone, that’s how I learned who she was, and would take to me with absolute reverence.

One day she died right before me, when I was actually really starting to like her before that happened.

A trio of liches somehow just appeared within my room and instantly destroyed her as she disintegrated into a cloud of dust.

Then they turn towards me.

Quickly throwing many spells towards me of which I could only recognize two, Finger of Death and Disintegrate, but failing to penetrate the shield of darkness that quickly sprang to protect me; my new mother's blessing no doubt.

Finding little progress in spell slinging they quickly arranged themselves into a triangular formation around me and began chanting with their pale arms raised while drawing countless sigils upon the air.

And after a minute with a quiet pop a rift opened below me, letting gravity pull me in. With the last moments of my vision before all light fled me a dark ball of shadow engulfed me within a protective sphere.

Magic god mom for the win, right?

Nah, I fell but at least I had God BallTM around to protect me along the way. The long, long, long way that's had me talking to myself and the shadow ball around me for the little entertainment I can receive.

And today I stopped falling!

I can even hear people talking around me, muffled and dampened but still audible…

“Hey God Ball?” I said while sitting up a bit Which is hard to do as a 7 year old who gets zero exercise “There’s people outside and I’d really like it if you could let me out for now?”

God ball gives no response.

“God Ball we’ve had an amazing relationship over the last few years with you keeping me alive and me being an amazing conversation partner but I’d really like to leave as long as it’s safe outside, so is it?

God Ball has given me no answer, and so I lay back down with an exasperated sigh.

“So that’s how it’s gonna be huh? Just stuck inches away from salvation and conversation but kept away even then...”

*Crack*

Holy shit! God Ball cracked!

“Hey God Ball! I want to leave but you really don't have to commit seppuku to let me ou-mph!”

God Ball had suddenly liquified and engulfed me like a dark hentai monster! God Ball I know we’ve had our ups and downs but you really don't have to do thi- AUGH!!!

As God Ball surrounds me it sinks into my skin, changing me while breaking my bones and ripping apart my flesh.

I mentally curse God Ball with all my pent up frustration before I see five words that would change my life forever once again...

Welcome to Demigods and Dragons 5e

Name: Aeidrion Amastacia
    Race: Demigod
    Class: Warlock 1
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Background: Child of the Raven Queen

AC: 12 Initiative: +2 Speed: 30
    HP: 8 Temp HP: 0 HD: 1d8

Proficiency Bonus: +2
    Inspiration: 0
    Str: 10
    Dex: 14
    Con: 11
    Int: 15
    Wis: 10
    Cha: 14

Saving Throws: Charisma, Wisdom

Skills: Arcana, Deception, Persuasion, Perception, Religion

Damage Resistances: Bludgeoning, Piercing, and Slashing From Nonmagical Attacks,

Damage Immunities: Necrotic, Cold,

Senses: Darkvision 120ft Passive Perception 12

Proficiencies and Languages: Light Armor, Medium Armor, Shields, Simple Weapons, Martial Weapons, Common, Elven

Features and Traits: Child of the Raven Queen, Pact Magic, Otherworldly Patron: Hexblade Hexblade’s Curse, Hex Warrior,

Equipment: Rapier, Arcane Focus, Backpack, Crowbar, Hammer, Piton (10), Torch (10), Tinderbox, Rations (10), Waterskin, Hempen Rope, Sling, Dagger (2), Pouch,
    CP:0 - SP: - EP:0 - GP:40 - PP:0

Age:7 - Height:4’4 - Weight:59lb - Eyes:Red - Skin:White - Hair:Black

Treasure:

Warlock Spells - Spellcasting Ability Charisma - Spell Save DC: 12 - Spell Attack Bonus: +4

Cantrips:
    Booming Blade
    Eldritch Blast

1st Level Spells: Slot Total (1): Slots Expended (0)
    Armor of Agathys*
    Hex*

Racial Spells - Spellcasting Ability Charisma - Requires No Material Components - Spell Save DC: 12 - Spell Attack Bonus: +4

Cantrips:
    Chill Touch
    Minor Illusion

1st Level Spells: At Will
    Cause Fear*
    Dissonant Whispers*
    False Life*

(* is a prepared spell)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    Chazz, BobTheDust, Me. Joka-r and 3 others like this.
  2. Vanbers

Vanbers Well worn.

Warlock, eh? Haven't seen this premise but colour me intrigued.

Even though wizards are clearly better, filthy magical sugar baby. Get a real job, ya hippie!

Curious where he ended up, a 7-year-old level 1 Warlock is not very well protected. Though it's unlikely anyone expects him to be as strong as a level 1 right now, given his appearance as a 7-year-old.

But a good warlock is never alone! They always have their good friend ELDRITCH BLAST at their side!

Anthony1967 likes this.
  3. Anthony1967

Hehehehehehehehehehe

Wizlock?

Perhaps...

To be honest he’s closer to a sorcerer than a warlock in his origin but sorcerers suck almost as much as mono warlocks with spell limitations and such...

Also not writing in Raven Queen dramatics and having an actual world next chapter already written to rely upon will be nice!

Any guesses as to where’s he’ll be?

Not a DND setting

4. Index: Warlock 1
    Anthony1967

Name: Aeidrion Amastacia
    Race: Demigod
    Class: Warlock 1
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Background: Child of the Raven Queen

AC: 12 Initiative: +2 Speed: 30
    HP: 8 Temp HP: 0 HD: 1d8

Proficiency Bonus: +2
    Inspiration: 0
    Str: 10
    Dex: 14
    Con: 11
    Int: 15
    Wis: 10
    Cha: 14

Saving Throws: Charisma, Wisdom

Skills: Arcana, Deception, Persuasion, Perception, Religion

Damage Resistances: Bludgeoning, Piercing, and Slashing From Nonmagical Attacks,

Damage Immunities: Necrotic, Cold,

Senses: Darkvision 120ft Passive Perception 12

Proficiencies and Languages: Light Armor, Medium Armor, Shields, Simple Weapons, Martial Weapons, Common, Elven

Features and Traits: Child of the Raven Queen, Pact Magic, Otherworldly Patron: Hexblade Hexblade’s Curse, Hex Warrior,

Equipment: Rapier, Arcane Focus, Backpack, Crowbar, Hammer, Piton (10), Torch (10), Tinderbox, Rations (10), Waterskin, Hempen Rope, Sling, Dagger (2), Pouch,
    CP:0 - SP: - EP:0 - GP:30 - PP:0

Age:7 - Height:4’4 - Weight:59lb - Eyes:Red - Skin:White - Hair:Black

Treasure:

Warlock Spells - Spellcasting Ability Charisma - Spell Save DC: 12 - Spell Attack Bonus: +4

Cantrips:
    Booming Blade
    Eldritch Blast

1st Level Spells: Slot Total (1): Slots Expended (0)
    Armor of Agathys*
    Hex*

Racial Spells - Spellcasting Ability Charisma - Requires No Material Components - Spell Save DC: 12 - Spell Attack Bonus: +4

Cantrips:
    Chill Touch
    Minor Illusion

1st Level Spells: At Will
    Cause Fear*
    Dissonant Whispers*
    False Life*

(* is a prepared spell)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020