1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Devil Bring It On! (Multicross OC Insert, Devil May Cry Start)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Gray Walker, Sep 24, 2022.

?

Chapter Length and release speed preference?

Poll closed Oct 13, 2022.
  1. Shorter chapters but faster release (Current schedule)

120 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. Longer Chapters but slower release.

144 vote(s)
    54.5%
  1. Threadmarks: Chapter 1
    Gray Walker

Gray Walker Demi Fiend

Devil Bring It On!

Chapter 1

One hell of a tutorial

Waking up with no clue where you were tended to suck. That was a no brainer.

You know what else tended to suck? Having the first thing you meet be a pack of murderous demons.

I really should rewind a bit.

The name’s Will Walters. Before this situation I was a fairly average dude.

The day before was normal as always. Wake up, drag myself through the workday, relax what little I could when I get home and go to sleep to get ready for the next day of more of the same.

When I came to, I was no longer in my bed. Instead I found myself sprawled on the ground.

The first thing I noticed as I struggled to my feet was my right arm. Or rather the new arm that took its place.

Instead of pink squishy flesh my arm was now covered in hardened reptilian scales of red and blue, with lines along my forearm that went to my palms and now clawed fingers glowing a radiant electric blue. The scales made a pattern that resembled fingerless gloves around the glowing flesh, a funny thing really.

Of course the next detail I noticed were the clothes I was wearing and changes to my body in general.

I was wearing a dark blue long coat, black pants and long brown combat boots. Under the long coats was a red hoodie and underneath that was a black t-shirt. My skin was paler, my body was longer and as I felt around it I could see strong wiry muscles all over.

Seems like the arm wasn't the only thing that was replaced, if my hunch was correct the rest of my body was a match for the original owner’s.

The thing about my new body was that I recognized it. It was a replica of the Nero’s from Devil May Cry 4. And that demonic right arm was known as the Devil Bringer.

The third thing that caught my attention was the surroundings.

I looked around to see myself in a wasteland, of red worn down stone with a crimson sky. The consistency of the colour was one thing but what really caught one’s eye was the sun, which looked to be in an endless eclipse.

I did what one normally does, when confronted with the impossible. Try to deny it. I went the usual route, asked myself if this was a dream, tested my pain response, tried to alter the surroundings with my imagination, a routine you’ve probably heard a thousand times. Deep down I already knew the answer.

This was as real as life itself.

When confronted with such a substantial revelation I did the next natural thing one does when in an overwhelming situation, plead to a higher power.

“Hello! Anyone up there? As much as I appreciate the blessings, a little direction would be nice,” I said to the sky. “Isn’t there supposed to be an info dump? Some sort of choice where to go?”

I waited and received no response

“Okay Will, on the upside you got some cool powers and an awesome bod,” I said to myself. “On the downside you seem stranded in who the hell knows where with no idea how to get out or survive.”

So I did the only thing I really could do at such a point, wander around and search for anything to improve my situation. At least with a body like this it seemed a stroll wouldn’t wear me down.

As I walked I took another look at my new body. While the clothes had the holsters for the sword and gun I knew he wielded, it seems whoever put me here wasn’t so kind as to provide me with them. What stood out though to me was the addition of a pendant to the ensemble, a locket to be precise.

“Everything else is Nero’s, and this sure as hell ain’t mine. Any hints before I spoil the surprise?” I said to the sky. “Hope you’re being entertained, whoever you are.”

Again silence was my only companion.

“Fine, guess I’ll have to see it for myself,” I said, opening the locket.

What I saw inside was two shards of metal, both the size of finger nails.

'I.. I feel a bit ripped off,' I thought.

Then my right arm started to glow brighter, emitting a low hum.

“Okay Will, you know what that means. Either demons are nearby or these pieces of metal are special.”

I looked around to see no one around.

I examined the shards again, holding the locket up to the light of the eclipse. Both were shining steel, the left one had some darker swirling lines running through it. I heard that’s a sign of Damascus steel. The right one instead was of two tones one brighter and the other darker, with a wavy line separating the two. That seemed to be a hamon, so this was likely a piece of a katana.

“Wait, you’re kidding me, these can’t be?,” I said. “But what if they are?”

While it was a bit of a stretch, I had a decent guess as to what those shards were taking into account my current accommodations.

I reached out to them with my right arm almost touching them, the glow intensified, and in turn the shards glowed too. The left red and the right blue.

That settled it. I knew what those shards were now. The one that glowed blue was a piece of The Yamato, the sword of Sparda that Vergil inherited. The other was a shard of The Rebellion, the sword of Sparda inherited by Dante. Both held great abilities within them and were manifestations of their owner’s demonic power. Both blades were broken at some point in time, the Yamato by the Demon Emperor Mundus some time after DMC 3 and the Rebellion by Urizen during DMC 5.

“Wait, this is Nero’s DMC 4 body, and the Rebellion was shattered years later. How can both coexist?”

I took another look inside the locket, this time more closely.

Engraved on its inner surface was the head of a lion with a symbol of an hour glass above it.

'Oh, real subtle there,' I thought 'So it seems the God of Time and Space is related to all this. Or do they prefer Goddess? Are they my sponsor? Or is someone else just using their powers or symbology? Still, no wonder I’m getting stuff from across time if they’re involved in this.'

I was about to continue my wandering when the reality of the situation truly set in. If I had a Yamato shard… wouldn’t that mean I could use it to get out of wherever I was?

I was about to open the locket again when I heard some footsteps.

Well to call them footsteps was a bit generous. What shambled in the distance was a group of six creatures that looked like crosses between mannequins and corpses. They had mask like faces, flesh like tendons connecting smooth dull plates all over their bodies and with long misshapen cleaver like blades coming out of their wrists and folding back along their arms.

Given my situation it was pretty easy to figure out they were demons. The question then was what to do with them.

'Should I fight them? Should I lay low?,' I thought. 'Wait, if those are demons and I have all this DMC stuff then that must mean I’m in the demon realm. Why the hell am I in this hell? What am I-'

*SKREEE*

My thoughts were interrupted by the inhuman screech of one of the demons. During my ruminations over my situation it seemed they noticed me. Now the sluggishness of their shambling was gone and they came running at me.

As the leader of the pack approached me with a running slash I blocked with my right arm. It caught the attack mid swing and stopped it dead. I pushed back against it and wound up knocking the first into the second one that approached. Seems I wasn’t used to the new strength yet.

I tried to force something, some level of power through my right arm. This would normally be the point where a large spectral copy of said arm would manifest so I could use its massive strength, but it seemed that wasn’t in the cards for me yet.

I was granted power but no instructions. What a joke. Anyways back to the fight.

While two were on the ground there were still four coming at me. As the next two came to rush me in a pincer attack I simply dodged backwards. It was funny it seemed like their attacks were in slow motion to me as I continued to dodge their assault. While I didn’t have a clue how to use its more advanced powers it seems this body’s parameters were still top notch. Still, there was no point in dodging forever, I had to counter attack somehow.

So after dodging another blow I tried a punch with the Devil Bringer. While I wasn’t able to project a spectral arm, a very durable arm with greater super strength than the rest of my already powerful body was still a good option in a fight.

The area of impact was the centre mass on the right most assailant. The demon, while far more durable than a man's, had the porcelain like plate shattered and the flesh below was pulped. Regardless, like a puppet on strings the creature kept coming.

So I continued to dodge and give an occasional jab with the right arm. As time persisted I downed two of them into bloody messes, with blades shattered and armor broken, they were corpses on the ground.

This was taking too long. So it was time to switch it up. As the last four continued to attack me, I got into a stance. Not to dodge but to catch an attack once again.

This time it was a simple matter. I caught the blade with my right arm and then gave a tug. The demon was sent careening behind me while I still held their cleaver like blade in my arm.

With a weapon, however improvised it was, the last fell much easier.

Before I knew it I was alone again wandering the wasteland.

'Maybe next time I could try talking to them?,' I thought. 'Ah who am I kidding? it’ll only be blood and death in this realm'

“I really need to figure out how to use those shards,” I said to myself.

Author’s Note:
    So yeah. If you read the snippets I posted earlier that this is based on welcome back. If you’re a new reader thanks for giving it a look.

Changed some things up a bit from the original snippets and tried to give things an edit.

Still looking for a beta reader or an alpha reader and don’t be shy to comment.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2022
  2. Slayer 10321

Slayer 10321 Experienced.

Interesting start and story idea. I don't know what setting you're currently in but I am eager to find out more.

Aeon Sol and Gray Walker like this.
  3. PatrickB95

PatrickB95 Not too sore, are you?

Good first chapter.
    When did he arrive?
    Around/before dmc3 or later?

As for what World he could go next, here some suggestions:

High School DxD
    Seven Deadly Sins
    Code Vein
    Nier Automata
    Final Fantasy 7
    Kingdom Hearts
    Worm
    Marvel (MCU?)

I really wish there were more Devil May Cry fics.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2022
  4. LostHell

LostHell Getting sticky.

Please let him go to Code Vein, it’s so fitting with his first World

Guikoi, MechaJesus, Asdercol and 2 others like this.
  5. Asdercol

Asdercol The Last Jedi also had "Themes", Gege!

Just remember Code Vein is part of the God Eater world.

6. Your Target

Your Target He that awaits the future, and it has come.

I hope he has to keep weak weapons for awhile before getting better stuff or getting his starting gear upgraded, everybody tends to fin their first god killing tool in 2/4 chapters in a story.
    Also please please please! get a Helmet at some point, people just keep forgetting about face defense!
    And armor in general!
    what is with people?
    World suggestions.

High School DxD
    Dark Souls 1/2/3
    Nier Automata
    Elden Ring
    Xcom 2
    Dragon Age Origins
    Hollow Knight
    Darkest Dungeon
    Fate Grand Order?
    Danmachi
    WOW just before the lich king
    Fable the lost chapters
    These are just things that popped into my head, please disregard things you are not interested in.

7. PatrickB95

Considering the regeneration Dante, Vergil (and Nero) have, armor would be useless, just slow them down.
    Unless their regeneration is overwhelmed anything short of decapatitation won't kill them.
    Hell, Nero regrow a hand in dmc5 and Vergils regeneration is so fast that when Dante cut through his entire torso was not bisected.
    (around 4:50)
    Healing seems to take stamina, so they can't keep going forever, but that is hardly a limitation against most enemies.

Hugs4u, anirocks, HeyaUser and 5 others like this.
  8. Your Target

Bad human don't try an prevent the the glory that is high quality armor, just because of these bonus's does not mean he should not have armor, tons of stuff that he could encounter now and later makes running around in a jacket a bad idea, and i don't think that he will have access to enchanted/magic gear any time soon, also the fact that our MC has no skills at all, why should he take the risk of running around in blue jeans and a hoodie just cause he can regen?

9. Gray Walker

Gray Walker Demi Fiend

Well this got more engagement that I was expecting. Thank you all for the replies and likes.

I'm not familiar with Code Vein (or the God Eater universe as a whole) but I'm willing to add it to the world list. Is it easy to get the lore and story from watching videos?
    Or would you recommend getting the game sometime?
    I'll leave the timeline up to the reader to figure out later on. I also wish there were more Devil May Cry fics too buddy.
    Might be hard to procure armor while in the demon realm. And walking around in full plate or modern swat esque gear would probably be hard to manage once he makes it into the human realm but I did have an idea for getting armor in a later world that I might go for.

As for the world suggestions in general. Well, the idea to turn this into a multi cross was originally inspired by jumpchain so I had a few worlds selected in that version of things. in regards to worlds to visit after Devil May Cry I was thinking of a few.

Putting it in spoilers if people prefer to be surprised later.
    Highschool DxD
    Bayonetta
    The Devil May Cry Reboot (set after the events of the game).
    Castlevania (The game timeline)
    Soul Eater.
    Akame Ga Kill
    Fable 2 or 3.
    Danmachi
    The Nasuverse (one of the Fate timelines to be more specific)
    The list isn't final so I may add or remove things as plans change or depending on the story's direction.

10. Your Target

This puts a smile on my face, most people have forgotten the Fable series and while i could not beat Fable 2 Co op with the fam made it great.
    I think the evolving weapons made 3 really well done, also the wings you get would be funny for interacting with people.

Guikoi, dargoth and Gray Walker like this.
  11. PatrickB95

Pls take the reboot out of that list.
    The gameplay was ok, but the story absolute trash.

As for Code Vein. I would recommend playing it.
    Anime Darksouls. But wait for a sale.

Guikoi and Gray Walker like this.
  12. Tobi

Tobi Well worn.

Interesting. I thought the arm was going to absorb the sword fragments into itself like it tends to do with demonic things.

Looking forward to how this turns out

13. Threadmarks: Chapter 2
    Gray Walker

Gray Walker Demi Fiend

Devil Bring It On!

Chapter 2

Wake Up Call

You ever wonder how people activated their supernatural abilities?

Well that was the question I was grappling with at that moment.

It’s hard to describe really, gaining demonic power. It’s like gaining a new muscle that you’d never used before. There was a mix of intent and automatic processes at work. Trying to shift the scales to the former instead of the latter was turning out to be quite the ordeal.

“Come on, come on out…” I said pausing for a few seconds. “Damn it! Nero made it look so natural. I wind up touching this stupid shard with the Devil Bringer and my arm decides the best course of action is to eat it.”

Well it was kind of obvious that’s what it would do in retrospect, given the Devil Bringer absorbed the full Yamato but I still wasn’t used to having it. At the very least it didn’t absorb the Rebellion shard when it brushed against it.

I just didn’t get it. Did the shards have a will of their own? I knew the swords they were once part of probably possessed something resembling that but for the pieces themselves to carry it? That was something else.

Don’t get me wrong, absorbing the shard felt good, like really good. Made me feel energized in a way that was almost intoxicating and it felt like a piece of me I never knew was missing was found. But I needed to be able to call upon its powers consciously, and having it stuck in my arm wasn’t very conducive to that.

'Maybe I need to get into a fight to get used to it?' I thought. 'At the very least it’ll help me blow off some steam. Hopefully it’s just a bunch of small fry again.'

Perhaps it was overconfidence from the new body or just the frustration at making such a stupid mistake that was driving me to do so. Either way for the first time in my life I was wandering to look for a fight.

Okay, this was ridiculous, for once I want to fight a bunch of demons and instead I get nothing.

I’d almost given up and decided to try to force the Yamato shard out when I heard it in the distance. A thunderclap, then I heard it again, and again and again in rapid succession.

I looked to the source and saw the clear red sky was muddied by clouds to my west? Or was it my east? I couldn’t tell really since the eclipsed sun stayed in place at high noon position the whole time I was here.

Well that was beside the point, a storm was approaching. Not just any storm, it seemed that the thundercloud was going crazy. Lightning jumped around inside it like it was alive.

I tried looking for shelter, but the barren wasteland I was in provided none. For all I knew that thundercloud could be raining acid or something worse with how weird this realm operated. Maybe that’s why it was so hard to find other demons? They were fleeing from this?

Well as it approached I braced myself for the worst. Even with this new body I doubt I could outrun it for long. Might as well confront it head on.

To my relief the thundercloud didn’t rain acid, in fact it delivered what I was asking for, more demons to fight.

Two bolts of lightning fell to the ground and where they impacted stood two blitzes. Large vaguely humanoid horned beetle like demons that could control and transform into lightning. They were a pain to fight in the games with their saving grace being they were blind. And there I was fighting two of them at once.

'I really should have ran when I had the chance, shouldn’t I?,' I thought.

I pulled the cleaver I procured from the last group of demons and prepared myself for what was coming next.

The blitzes both launched streams of electricity at me, well focused beams to be more precise, and swept them across the ground. I jumped in the air each time they passed but every time I landed they heard the impact of my boots on the ground and re aimed their shots at me. It was like a lethal game of jump rope. We all couldn’t keep this going forever, but it’d just take one slip up on my end for them to land a terrible hit. Didn’t help that I didn't have a ranged weapon to whittle down their lightning armor, that would have shocked me as I approached or flat out deflected my blows.

If I was kept on the back foot like this I was going to lose, going to die. And that was not an option.

'Come on, if there was a time for you to start working it’d be now,' I thought, trying to surge power into the Devil Bringer. 'No? Fine, let's do it this way.'

I jumped between the two of them and got lucky. They both launched their beams at me and wound up hitting each other after I jumped again. Their armor of lightning seemed to weaken from that a fair bit. Friendly fire was on the cards, that was good to know. It also seems they weren’t very smart, but still, that doesn’t mean I should underestimate them.

I wound up throwing the cleaver as hard as I could with the Devil Bringer at the one to my right. It seemed that was enough to break through the barrier at the cost of my melee weapon. I rushed to try to take advantage of the stunned blitz and pummeled it with jabs from my right arm. I aimed for the head and grabbed its horn, breaking it off, but that wasn’t enough to keep it down.
    And even worse, in my excitement I forgot about the other opponent.

While I heard the slash coming from behind dodging it was another story. These things were fast and though I tried my best the claw left a gash on my left shoulder as I tried to get out of the way.

“Argh!,” I screamed, unused to the pain. As I felt my left arm go numb, I jumped away from the next blow more successfully.

The next thing I knew I heard an enraged shriek to snap me out of the haze of pain. The hornless Blitz’ enveloped itself in lightning once more, this time it was red lightning.

Uh oh.

I knew what that meant. The demon was in its death throes and would try to take me with it if need be. The enraged blitz turned to lightning and struck the ground, where I was standing a second ago while the more healthy switched back to shooting beams of lightning and sweeping the ground with them.

Again I was stuck dodging. Jumping around again and again. But this time I was bleeding, and slowing down. If another set of demons showed up I was done for.

'Damn it all! Where the hell’s the red one,' I thought. 'Can’t go on the attack as long as it’s still hanging around.'

My thought was soon answered as a surge of lightning appeared from under me just as I landed from my latest jump. I tried to jump again, but it was like dodging lightning, it swiftly caught me in a bear hug. Seems like they weren’t as dumb as I thought, it must have felt me jumping around from under ground and waited for me to land. The pain of the lightning surging off its skin was unbearable.

Time slowed down for me. Well not literally, as can happen in this universe with the right powers, but that moment felt like an eternity.

It was now or never, I had to break free. I had to live!

I struggled with the devil bringer, pouring all my will into it.

And it responded. There was a brief burst of energy almost like an explosion around my right arm. It was enough to loosen the demon’s death grip ever so minutely.

A spectral arm rose out of my right one grabbed onto the demon’s arm and tore it off. Freed from the grasp I dove to the side and ducked to the ground, I felt heat on my back and a pressure wave from the explosion of the lightning demon.

I got up surprised to see the other demon didn’t capitalize on my vulnerability.

It seemed the remaining demon was stunned by the effects of its partner’s suicide attack. Perhaps the creature’s hearing was overwhelmed? It was blind after all. It didn’t matter the reason I just thanked whatever god watched over me for the easy kill.

Now that demonic power was properly flowing through my veins, I was able to use the Devil Bringer. Now I had something with better range than my fists.

It took two punches with my spectral arm to break through the beast's lightning armor and one grasp to crush its head and bypass the chance of it going berserk and exploding entirely.

“Ha.. ha ha!” I half laughed, half panted as I collapsed to the ground, lying on my back. As I gazed at the sky I saw the storm cloud had vanished.

That didn’t matter to me then. The adrenaline had faded and I felt like shit. I could still smell the ozone and burning from my singed clothes and skin.

But at least I figured out the start of how to use my abilities.

Author’s Note: Well here’s chapter 2. Hope it’s as good as or better than the first one.
    Was the fight scene okay? Not used to writing those yet.
    Anything in the chapter you particularly liked?
    Anything in the chapter you find off?

Let me know in the comments.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2022
  14. Gray Walker

Gray Walker Demi Fiend

Fable 2 as fairly fun. Played through it about half a dozen times I think. Not sure if my MC would get the wings as they're not a fable hero but the evolving weaponry could be fun to play around with.

Thanks for the recommendation. I've only played Dark Souls 2 and 3 but was only able to beat 2 (probably because of the enemy attrition).
    If the price is decent I'll look into getting it.

As for the Reboot. Yeah I admit it wasn't the best story wise, just wanted to style on reboot Vergil and maybe get some nephilim abilities. Exploring the Angel and Devil Dichotomy could also have been nice but I suppose I can just do that in the world of Bayonetta or Highschool DxD.

Well hope this chapter clears that up a bit.
    He didn't touch them in the previous chapter, just got his hand close to them.
    Now though he absorbed the Yamato shard.

He didn't automatically absorb the Rebellion shard though. Remember in DMC4's intro Nero grabbed the Rebellion to throw at Dante and there was no absorption. Similarly he grabbed the Devil Sword Sparda at the end of 4 to no effect again.

I have plans for both shards but we'll have to wait and see them play out.

15. PatrickB95

If you want to bring Angels into this story, then besides DxD Darksiders is also an option.
    And either Danmachi or Fate (maybe as Master of Medea) sounds great.

Is Nero's Devilbringer not him having transformed his arm into his Devil Trigger subconsciously?
    And the dmc4 Devil Trigger is actually a ability related to Yamato. This also explains Vergils doppelganger in dmc5. And in dmc5 Nero's Devilbringer before it got ripped off looked exactly like his arm in his Devil Trigger at the end of the game.

I think you will go with the Rebellion shard in a similar direction as in the game:
    Use it to assimilate parts of demons/devil arms and manifest your own devil arm.

16. Gray Walker

Gray Walker Demi Fiend

I've only played the first 2 Darksiders so I'd have to get 3 and genesis to do the series justice I'd imagine. Still that was an option I hadn't considered, the suggestion is appreciated.

I believe your interpretation of Nero's Devil Bringer and his Yamato DT is correct, nice to see someone else think the same as me.

Apparently, it just got injured a few weeks before DMC4 according to the DMC4 novelization. So I guess it is permanently Devil Triggered as a response to trauma.

As for the Rebelion Shard again, spoilers.

Mr. Dyeus, Your Target and PatrickB95 like this.
  17. Your Target

This chapter was alright, my only problem is that it is shorter then my preference, i hope this story goes well.

Gray Walker likes this.
  18. Sayn

Sayn Not too sore, are you?

Considering the natural and innate skills of this body to handle any weapon, I hope that he quickly got used to his powers and weapons. The entire Sparta bloodline had the superpower to quickly master a weapon in minutes as if they were masters at using it.

Gray Walker likes this.
  19. PatrickB95

Suggestion for future devil arms:
    -Two swords connected through a chain.
    The length of the chain can be extended through the users will. Possible element for the weapon: Water, Wind (there is no Water weapon in dmc, and Rudra is the only Wind element weapon in the series) or Ice (Only Ice weapon is Cerberus or King Cerberus)

- A large shield similar to this one:
    https://images.app.goo.gl/U1JyhmuwAMAymsca7
    With a canon built into the pointy side.
    Can produce shockwaves and also be used as a hoverboard to fly. How fast and high you fly depends on the amount of demonic Power used.
    Possible elements: Gravity, Light or Electricity.

Also I hope he arrives around dmc3, beats some sense into Vergil and tells him about his son in Fortuna.
    So he does not get tortured by Mundus.

havefeith and Gray Walker like this.
  20. Gray Walker

Gray Walker Demi Fiend

Those are some cool ideas.

You seem fairly invested in the story and seem fairly knowledgable about DMC. I have a few ideas for how I want Will's powers to evolve. I could DM you some of my plans if you want and we could help discuss them. Or if you want to remain unspoiled, that's cool too.

This is my second fanfic, and the first one I published (outside of a quest from years ago) so having someone to bounce ideas with would be fun.

PatrickB95 likes this.
  21. The End786

The End786 A smile better suits a hero

I don’t believe Nero’s Stand relies on having Yamato, it may be the reason he gained it but even after losing Yamato in 5 he still has it. It comes out for the last hit of Showdown.

Lillibilli and Gray Walker like this.
  22. PatrickB95

There are for sure people that have more knowledge in dmc than me. Gave up on dmc2 just 2 missions in and only played the first game once. I think both games need Remakes, dmc1 graphics and gameplay, and dmc2 probably everything including some adjustments to the story.

Devil May Cry was the first game series I got invested into. Watched my father play the first 3 games (I was 7 or 8 when the first one came out) and played dmc3se when it came out. The other games I played as remaster on xbox60. So essentially a fan for 20 years.

If you want to bounce some ideas, I'm in.

Edit, seems dmc1 came out August 2001, at that time I was 6, but I think my father played the games some time after release.
    I still remember that dmc3se was a birthday present for me.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
    Gray Walker likes this.
  23. Hyperionthetitan

Hyperionthetitan Stuck in a tree

So the story isnt gonna be set in devil may cry? There is barely any fic take place in that setting

Also i suggest kept rebellion shard away before you find a powerful devil arms or shit like the saviours statue for maximum power (dante stab himself with rebellion in dmc5 cause him to absorb both rebellion and sparda into himself )

[​IMG]

Edit *oh and one last thing you could try stabbing yourself with any blade you can find .Thats usually how people awaken or obtain more power : v

Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
  24. Gray Walker

Gray Walker Demi Fiend

I'm not sure what you mean? It's a multicross Self Insert so eventually the MC will move on to another setting, but for now he's staying in the world of Devil May Cry. He's stuck in the Demon Realm/Underworld/Hell but eventually he'll meet the main cast of the series.

Think of it like having the first book in a series set in one world and the sequels set in other ones.

Lillibilli likes this.
  25. Hyperionthetitan

Hyperionthetitan Stuck in a tree

I mean yeah but people keep talking about other setting so i misunderstood it to be crossover or take place in another setting entirely

Gray Walker likes this.
  26. havefeith

havefeith Cute Haru is cute.

So, someone said God Eater as a setting the MC should go to, and I sorta agree... but that setting is literally hell. Little tiny cells that devour everything, that form monsters that eat everything (called Aragami, literally "Devouring Gods"), and artificial devouring cells (called Oracle Cells, each strain specifically called by their "bias factor") that are injected into the titular God Eaters so they can use Artificial Aragami as a weapon called a God Arc to "devour" said Devouring Gods... yeah, it's a special kind of hell. Shame we won't be getting any more of them... the studio that made them (Studio Japan) apparently got shut down by Sony. They also made the Gravity Daze series (known as Gravity Rush to us westerners). Shame we won't get a third of that, too. That's one series I hope the MC visits occasionally. Got people who can control gravity around them in a limited radius called Shifters. Kat is adorable, I don't care what anyone says.

They also made the game Freedom Wars for the PS Vita. Loved that game. I had a female "Accessory" I named Honey. Loved that girl. Actually lost her once by failing a mission, and promptly freaked out a bit. Immediately went to retrieve her, that's how attached I was at that point. I actually like to imagine my character in game being paired with her, 'cause I'm a sucker for cute Yuri pairings. For those who don't know the setting, you live in a Panopticon, which is to say, an Arcology that is a "prison". "Accessories" are androids made to be paired with a prisoner to make sure they contribute resources from their missions to the Panopticon. Every prisoner's sentence length? 1 million years. If a prisoner manages to reduce it to zero, they can join the citizenry of the Panopticon. You start the game by doing a mission, and losing you memory, and having had your Accessory destroyed. The reason that's so significant? Losing your memory sets your sentence automatically back to the starting sentence of 1 million years. As the game progresses, you can start to customize your accessory. The reason I called mine Honey? She had honey blonde hair and honey coloured eyes. I thought she was the cutest thing ever.

Anyways, there might be a few lore videos for God Eater you could watch, but you'd be better off watching playthroughs of the game to get a feel for the story and characters. You don't really get that sort of thing through simple lore video dives. As for buying the 3 games, I hope you get them on PS4, instead of PC. The PC versions have an issue with multiplayer lobbies of more than 2 players. For some reason, it just crashes the room at the results screen, I've heard.

27. jahaad peterson

jahaad peterson Hybrid Snail Sloth

Freedom Wars for the PS Vita LOVED that game still don't know why hope they make a remake.

Gray Walker and SirDawg like this.
  28. The End786

Just coming back to this I forgot Nero gained his spectral arm power long before dying to Agnus and DTing. So I’d go further to say Yamato didn’t do anything to cause his Stand at all, it’s just a full body expression of his spectral limb power imo.

Lillibilli and Gray Walker like this.
  29. Nick Terakidan

Nick Terakidan Nope~ All of my Nope!~

Then why did he loose it on 5? Sure, he got the arms back, now upgraded to wing arms, but where is the rrst of the body?

InZodwetrust and Gray Walker like this.
  30. The End786

He hasn’t. The only move it comes out in though is the last hit of Showdown.

SirDawg and Gray Walker like this.