1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Don't Fear the Reaper Death Challenge v2.0

Discussion in 'CW Index' started by RiceHot, Dec 26, 2021.

1. RiceHot

RiceHot Getting out there.

Challenge issued by "Reptilia28", called as "Don't Fear the Reaper Death Challenge" - Originally on verbatim:

A funny little challenge I just came up with. It's a comical twist on the time-travel category.

STORYLINE:

*Harry is killed at 17 during a fight with Voldemort. He's sent to his Death's office (explained later) and finds out that this isn't the first time that this has happened.

*Harry's Death (who can have a human name) is mad at his arrival. Apparently, people dying before their time is a black mark on the various Deaths' records, and Harry is getting perilously close to getting this particular one fired.

*When Harry asks what was supposed to have happened, Death goes off on a rant saying how he was supposed to have killed Voldemort, found his soul mate ("Some Granger girl...") and lived to be a centennial age. But since Harry keeps getting into life-threatening situations for one reason or another, he keeps dying before that happens. Harry is surprised about the soul mate part.

*Death gives Harry a paper to sign that allows him to retain his memories (the previous times, he wasn't given this option for some reason). Harry is deposited to a previous time of the writer's choosing.

*Eventually, Harry gets it right. He kills Voldemort, gets the girl, and lives to a ripe old age of whatever. And Death doesn't get fired.

REQUIREMENTS:

*Harry had to have died at least three times before this one.
    *The memory keeping contract must be included.
    *Death must refer to Hermione as "some Granger girl" when Harry's soul mate turns up in his rant.
    *Obviously, must be H/Hr.
    *Have fun.

OPTIONAL:
    *Dumbledore's manipulations can be a factor in Harry's premature demises

I want to write a story with this challenge; however, I am looking for a good co-writer, especially for dialogues. Or I am open to being beta for someone who can write it on their own and need help with a beta.

I would name this as RiceHot-Reptilia28 PotterVerse Time Travel Challenge (RRPTTC), or "Don't Fear the Reaper Death Challenge v2.0".

STORYLINE:

*Harry is killed at 17 during a fight with Voldemort (Or Death Eaters). He is sent to his Death's office (explained later), and finds out that this isn't the first time that this has happened.

*Harry's Death (who can have a human name) is mad at his arrival. Apparently, people dying before their time is a black mark on the various Deaths' records, and Harry is getting perilously close to getting this particular one fired.

*Let Harry's Death list how and when Harry died each time, and how despite all his previous deaths, Harry still hasn't learned anything. (This part is sometimes funny, sometime horrific, based on how the person writes it. Try not to skip this).

*When Harry asks what was supposed to have happened, Death goes off on a rant saying how he was supposed to have killed Voldemort, found his soul mate ("Some Granger girl..."), and lived to be a centennial age. But since Harry keeps getting into life-threatening situations for one reason or another, he keeps dying before that happens. Harry is surprised about the soul mate part.

*Death gives Harry a paper to sign that allows him to retain his memories (the previous times, he wasn't given this option for some reason {It was unnecessary then]). Harry is deposited to a previous time of the writer's choosing.

*Harry cannot tell anyone about his time-travel. He can share it with his soulmate after they bond.

*Eventually, Harry gets it right. He kills Voldemort, gets the girl, and lives to a ripe old age of whatever. And Death doesn't get fired.

REQUIREMENTS:

*Harry had to have died at least three times before this one.

*The memory keeping contract must be included.

*Death must refer to Hermione as "some Granger girl" when Harry's soul mate turns up in his rant.

*Obviously, must be H/Hr. HMS Harmony For Life!

*Have fun.

GUIDELINES:

*Dumbledore's manipulations can be a factor in Harry's premature demises.

*Dursley's can be an accidental factor in Harry's premature demises. (Without making it too horrific, like severe physical abuse, or even child rape by Vernon or something).

*Does Harry get emancipated after being forced into the Tri-Wizard Tournament, or by activating the "Soul-Bond" and getting married automatically, or something? Just don't make it too convoluted, or stupid, or god forbid both.

*Lordships. There is a tendency to make Harry Lord of one, some, or all of the Founder houses, and others, again don't make it too convoluted, or stupid, or god forbid both.

*While obviously, must be H/Hr, and cannot remove Hermione like "Destiny Derailed" by stephenopolos. Multiple spouses (Like in "Harry Potter - Three to Backstep" by Sinyk or "Here and Now" by CoastalFirebird) or harem are acceptable as long it is done in a tasteful way, without making it pathetic and putting-off people from reading it.

*While Fem!Harry is fine, (Like in "Here and Now" by CoastalFirebird [I haven't finished reading even half of the first chapter]), don't make a mess out of it.

*Crossovers, however small like "He's Not Dead Yet" by Redbayly (Crossover with Monty Python), or however large like "Destiny Derailed" by stephenopolos (Crossover with Stargate: SG-1), are acceptable, even encouraged. Just don't make it too convoluted, or stupid, or god forbid both.

*While the first few stories were fun, soon there were more stories with dark shades, and continued getting darker and darker. Some with too convoluted back stories, world building, abuse, etc... Please leave a warning in the summary if the story is darker than a decent fun story.

*Mental Health Issues: Time-travel while sounds fun and exciting, can actually be very traumatic, without even considering the traumas Harry was going through before being sent back. While in a fun story you can gloss over it, if you try to write a more realistic one, try to keep in mind the mental health issues and try not to joke or gloss over them. PTSD is a , that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. If you don't know about the topic, then please do yourself and everyone a favour and not talk about it. Especially don't give out stupid advice.

*Goblin Nation. There are too many portrayals of either super supportive Goblins who are all awe-struck at a wizard being polite to them, or cut-throat vermin. Try to be more realistic or skip them all-together.

*Elves and other magical creatures. Just don't make it too convoluted, or stupid, or god forbid both.

*While "Fluff" is acceptable, especially if the story is romantic. Let's try to keep "Lemons", "Smut", and any kind of sexual stuff out of the story, especially between under-aged characters.

2. Akuma-Heika

Akuma-Heika The Devil Exists Within

This challenge is very similar to a HP fic I read a few years ago.

3. RiceHot

RiceHot Getting out there.

Probably. Reptilia28 created the original challenge many years ago. I am just trying to write my own version with a few changes, as well as hoping there might be others interested in this, so I can read more such stories.