1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dr. Wily Quest: The Zero Wars

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Latewave, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Threadmarks: A Beginning
    Latewave

Latewave No one remembers who I am anymore.

It's been a long hard road. For years you've been working on this your little pet project. Cracking open the barriers between the dimensions and ripping open a stable rift in the space time continuum. It's the ultimate culmination of all of your hard work. Thousands of man hours of research, millions of dollars spent, and an unknown amount of marriages ruined, but at long last you've done it. You have finally cracked the last barrier between you and your dream. An elegant combination of your technological prowess and theories of several lesser minds that you've cribbed over the years. You've couldn't have done it without Dr. Selknov's theories about dimensional strings or Professor Vimes personal notes on quantum teleportation you managed to procure after their sad accidents. However it's done, a stable portal is currently open in your company's main laboratory waiting for the first person to traverse it. Not you of course, it's not been tested quite just yet with humans. You know a few men down on their luck that would be perfect for this little "expedition". Of course they aren't the type that you'd want to be known as the first to cross over to another dimension. There will be a sad little accident, permanently stranding those poor cosmonauts, no dimensionauts, no no you need a good word for this. Dimensional travelers will work for the moment, but you want your own pithy word for it. Something that will capture the minds of others, oh wait you were never planning on actually making this knowledge public, ever.

The scientists you've had working on it will have to have an accident soon, maybe strand them all in another dimension somewhere, with many things that have very sharp teeth. They've been talking about this and that on how they'll be opening up cross dimensional trade routes or diplomatic talks between universes. But, really? Those aren't what you have planned at all. You want to make money, lots of money and never have to come up with your own work ever again. You've been planning to use this to steal from other places since you first came up with the idea years ago. Plagiarism from different continuities of time, who needs to ever invest in work that won't work out? Stealing from the best and greatest in the multiverse, it's almost enough to make a tear come to your eye. Alas, you have better things to do then cry, like planning on how to remove those pesky little annoyances and destroy all of their data. None of this can ever get out.

Of course you've been thinking of what to actually start with, what new technology you could steal that would make you the most profits. What does the world need now? Lately you've been noticing a trend about autonomous workers and how convenient they are in dangerous industrial settings. It wouldn't hurt to take a gander at what the universe has to offer with robotics technology would it?

====================

It's missing. No it can't be missing. Those plans, surely you've just misplaced them right? Certainly no one could have known about them, only you and your children should have any idea they even existed. No ONE should have known they existed. Zero's blueprints, not a single person could have known about them. Okay, but at least Zero is still in his stasis tube, if he was gone you don't know how much destruction that would have been caused.

"Dr Wily, all of your work on the new set of robot masters is stolen and the parts warehouse is ransacked. It's all gone."

You didn't misplace Zero's blueprints. They've been stolen. Zero's blueprints have been stolen. Those are the original blueprints. They don't take into account the fact that Zero is insane without the virus. No one knows that he's insane without the virus.

You don't know how long it would take someone besides you to make a copy of Zero. You only hope that it's long enough for you to find them before they do. You hope that a god somewhere has mercy. Because Zero will have none.

------

You've reviewed the data from your lab's surveillance system. The thief used some kind of portal technology you're uncertain about. Not that it would take you too long to analyze the trace contaminants and radiation to figure out how it worked. But it's still time, that you could be using to save the poor fool's life. Not that you consider it worth much, but it would hurt your pride that someone was murdered because of an error you made in design. You'll need to create a device that allows you to track the source location of the gate, but first you should do that analysis.

A few hours later.

Oh, oh, this isn't good, it wasn't a such a simple teleport gate device. Of course not, that would be easy, It's a Dimensional Portal Device. While having someone come to another dimension just to steal your work makes you feel just a bit more smarmy then normal, there is the simple little factor that Zero will kill everyone there.

Even with all the designs in your head it will take six months at least to build at way to track the thief down and pinpoint his location. Someone capable of building a way of traveling dimensions should be able to recreate Zero in six months. your only hope is that Zero doesn't kill too many before you get there.

Damn it, what do you even have that can even take down Zero? None of your current Robot Masters could hold a candle to him. If they had taken anything but him, it wouldn't even be that hard, you'd just build a set of Robot Masters to take down their siblings and bring them home. But Zero? You don't even know where to begin to build a counter....

Maybe you don't have too. They'll be building Zero, but it would still have the flaws from when you first came up with him. You already have your own Zero, sure your time would be divided in half trying to upgrade Zero and create your own way of traveling through the Dimensions. But hopefully, you should be able to upgrade him enough where he'll win against the older model of himself. But he's your masterpiece, what more could you really give him?

And then what will Megaman be doing? You being quiet for any amount of time will have way too many people alarmed. So you need to build a new dimensional gate, upgrade Zero, and find something for Megaman to do so he isn't bothering you for stealing everything you need. Even for you this is going to be a pain. Maybe design a buddy robot for Megaman to occupy his time while you are busy? Or maybe just cause a robot uprising somewhere to keep him busy for like a week. Or maybe you should just do both. That might just be enough to make them think this was what you were planning all along. Maybe leave a few hints about going on vacation for a month or two after that.

Then you might have Proto or Bass or even Shadowman being a pain. If you didn't feel guilty for all the destruction that the Zero Copy would cause you would just give up and do whatever. So plans. You definitely need plans for this. At the best conditions possible, it will take you six months to make the Dimensional Gate Device. But what else should you do?

Planning
    You need to keep certain annoying robots busy.
    Pick one
    [] Go out and cause a Robot Uprising. Hopefully should keep Megaman busy for a while. You give it a week tops.
    [] Make a friend for Megaman. Could keep Megaman busy for a while.
    [] Tell Bass that Megaman got a new upgrade and is stronger then him. Should keep Bass and Megaman busy for a day.
    [] Straight up hijack the internet and tell everyone you're going on vacation for a few months. Might convince Megaman?
    [] Force Cossack to "Help" you again.

Resource Gathering
    You need more parts. That idiot thief ransacked it for everything you got. If you plan on doing anything you'll need more parts.

Pick one
    [] Steal from Junkyards. Smaller resource gains but almost no chance of getting any unwanted attention. Roll a 1d3+1 for resources
    [] Steal from Mechanic shops. Medium resource gain but you'll have some attention from the authorities. Roll a 2d6+2 for resources
    [] Steal from Top Secret Labs that people think you don't know about. Large resource gain but you might get Megaman knocking on your door. AGAIN. Roll 3d12+3 for resources

Upgrading Zero
    What you need to prioritize first with upgrading Zero. The edges you need for the Zero Vs Zero fight to come. Besides, making him sane. These upgrades cost resources and time. You currently have no resources besides your brain and any of your minion robots you feel like taking apart.

Resource points 2

[] Super Adapter.
    Costs 4 resource points
    [] Software
    Costs 1 resource point
    [] Weaponry
    Costs 2 resource point
    [] Ride Armor
    Costs 3 resource points

Coleray, Nari, thegodofsky and 21 others like this.
  2. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

[X] Force Cossack to "Help" you again.

He needs time, this plan worked wonderfully for him the last time he needed time to do his actual plan.

[X] Steal from Top Secret Labs that people think you don't know about. Large resource gain but you might get Megaman knocking on your door. AGAIN. Roll 3d12+3 for resources

Megaman is coming, nothing is going to stop him, it's time to go big or go home.

Which means I choose.

[X] Super Adapter.
    Costs 4 resource points
    [X] Weaponry
    Costs 2 resource points
    If we have the resources for it...Baring disaster we'll have shitloads left over
    [X] Software
    Costs 1 Resource point.

Let's be honest here, Zero's the most OP bot in the series, the only thing we can really do for him is add additional things that add to the force multiplier. And the Super Adapter system is the largest force multiplier in the series.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  3. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[X] Plan Redon

4. Seru

Seru Lodissian Cross

[X] Tell Bass that Megaman got a new upgrade and is stronger then him. Should keep Bass and Megaman busy for a day.

Forte for the love of fuck pull out if he's kicking your ass, I need you repairable

[X] Steal from Top Secret Labs that people think you don't know about. Large resource gain but you might get Megaman knocking on your door. AGAIN. Roll 3d12+3 for resources

ENEMY ZERO, NO LIMITS, ALL RESOURCES NEEDED

[X] Super Adapter.
    Costs 4 resource points

[X] Software
    Costs 1 resource point

[X] Weaponry
    Costs 2 resource point

Even if we roll all 1s, we can afford this

5. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

And let's be honest, Ride Armors are an inferior gimmick to the Super Adapter System.

Plus we then get to pick out what the animal companion will be... heh...

6. Seru

Seru Lodissian Cross

I posit there is nothing more excellent than a RAGING BEAR.

Sheerly so that the enemy Zero will know the horror of being chased by a Grizzly Bear before he is unceremoniously eviscerated and used for spare parts.

7. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

Also, if we involve Cossack, maybe he'll stop dotting on his daughter for a minute and come up with his own legacy to help out.

8. Seru

Seru Lodissian Cross

Hey, maybe we should encourage her to be a roboticist too. Offer to apprentice her? She learns from the best (us) and we can be sure those robots we had a hand in upgrading have competent maintenance. Cossacks is good, but with our help, Kalinka could be almost as good as us.

Also it will help she is taught to see things from our point of view...

Unless, is there a way we can get around to uploading ourselves to the Internet? Or a computer? Or a Robot Master body?

9. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

Well, Wily shows up once in Zero's games, so he survives through time... Somehow. Also unlike Light who builds an AI of himself to help X, it's actually him (OR a robot of himself or... something). It was never followed up on though which is sad.

10. AZATHOTHoth

AZATHOTHoth (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

[X] Plan Redon

11. Winged One

Winged One Not the Simurgh

[X] Tell Bass that Megaman got a new upgrade and is stronger then him. Should keep Bass and Megaman busy for a day.

[X] Software
    [X] Super Adapter.
    [X] Weaponry

We need Mega Man to be actually busy during that heist.

12. Latewave

Calling it.

13. Threadmarks: Megaman doesn't attacK? What Sorcery is this?
    Latewave

[X] Force Cossack to "Help" you again.
    [X] Super Adapter.
    [X] Weaponry
    [X] Software

It if worked once, why shouldn't it work again? Dr. Cossack was such a help back then, what's stopping him from being useful now? Sure, sure you don't have Breakman to kidnap his daughter or whatever. But you have a much bigger sword hanging above his head. You don't want to do this, but you're going have to explain what Zero is, and just to ruin Light's fun X as well. If you have to go down, so does he. And hey, this might actually motivate him to stop resting on his laurels and make his own Super Robot. Of course he thinks his daughter will be his legacy and sure that's good enough for some people. But really? Why not have a Super Fighting Robot?

Sighing you interrupt his call with someone, no one as important as yourself. Actually checking your logs it seems to be his publisher. Well oops, he can talk again later. You've got much more pressing news.

"Why hello there, Cossack, how are you today?"

"Wily. What do you want."

"Ah, don't be that way. I'm not here to black mail you or anything. No, no, I'm actually here to ask for a tiny bit of help. You see someone stole something of mine. Well several somethings of mine. One of which is very important to get back..."

"So what are you trying to steal and say is yours."

"These are actually mine. Someone came to my home, ransacked my warehouse, stealing parts and designs from ME. Don't they know that's my stic? Normally, I'd pop in with a couple of my own Robot Masters and that would be it. However the issue is, they didn't steal just my latest robot master designs. They stole something I've been holding closer to my chest. My masterpiece, the best robot I ever designed. They stole his blueprints. But, there is an issue there, normally I wouldn't say this but, I made a mistake drawing up the plans. A teeny tiny mistake, everyone makes mistakes right? I mean really, who doesn't make mistakes?"

"So what is this, tiny mistake of yours?"

"Zero, is mildly violently insane. Murderously so. I've had him in stasis for a while trying to bug fix him. It's taken a long while and I am still not quite finished."

"... Murderously insane. And someone has a copy and has no clue about this do they?"

"Not in the least."

"Have you asked Light for help? Surely Megaman."

"Actually? Comparing Megaman to Zero is like comparing myself to any athlete you could name. It's no where near a fair fight. If Light was willing to lend X out then maybe? But I designed Zero to be better then X."

"X? So Light has his own as well."

"Why, yes, X is Light's masterpiece, he's like Zero, but no where near as awe inspiring or strong. Anyways, Zero has a flaw, and is quite capable of wrecking cities. Now, personally I don't want that sort of thing hanging over my head like a Sword of Damocles so can I get your help? I'd feel somewhat responsible if that copy of Zero got out and started destroying things. I mean if someone were to have his own Super Robot Prototype, I wouldn't even have to worry about him or worry him with the information like this. So, will you help or not?"

"So what's stopping you from just teleporting to him? Surely you don't need me for something that simple."

"It's more about how he managed to get in. Are you familiar with the concept of parallel dimensions? My little annoyance came from one of those. It's why I actually need help. I can't just walk over and ask someone for a way to travel to a different dimension now can I? They would think I'm more insane then I actually am. The issue with that is it will take me about six months to build one myself. With the time frame I've given the thief he'll have his own copy of Zero up and running and destroying the nearest city with no one to stop him. I know that it's a hard story to choke down. But here look at this, I'll get back to you in an hour and then you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

"I'll take this under consideration."

---------------

You ring up Cossack again. The look on his face tells you everything you need to know.

"Oh so now you believe me do you. Had to do the math with X and Zero's specs right? Or did the samples of the traces tip you over the edge? No one takes me at my word. I can be completely honest when I feel like it. How dare people think that I couldn't be serious in such a situation. Bah, fools. But I guess even I would disbelief it without seeing it with my own eyes. I'll forgive your cheek for now."

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but what do you need me to do? How can I help?"

"Mostly? I just need Megaman keep occupied for a few months. People get suspicious when I'm being quiet and to be honest most of the time it is the correct response. However I'm trying to save a world here. So do whatever, build Megaman a new friend or challenge him to a game or something. Just keep him entertained."

"Fine."

Dr. Cossack hangs up on you. You thought he had better manners then that.

----------------

Now then, you need parts. Lots of parts, and the best tech you can manage to scrabble up. Now for most people this would involve buying stuff from a factory or making it yourself. However on the time frame you're on? You don't have time for that and you know several perfectly good top secret bases that you could ransack for all they are worth.

Normally you'd ignore them for a while longer. Make them think they are getting away with it. Maybe one of them might come up with something interesting. But alas, poor second rate scientists, you don't have the time to be cultivating new sources of tech. It's time to break a few government think tanks over your knee and watch the brains go flying. You divide your Met Army into three sections to raid labs in the US, Russia, and China.

It's not the first time you've pissed off a few superpowers and certainly won't be the last. However you do want to tweak their noses at the fact that they thought they could hide from you. Silly government agencies, do they really think any code they could come up with is a challenge for one of your robot masters?

You set up a few Wily bots to go with the army. It's enough of a calling card for you. And you get to watch some soldier or scientist scream when the head pops off. That's always fun to watch. BOING Mhahahahahahahaha.

Now that you think of it, you should probably send some of data from the place to Light. But that's for after you steal everything not nailed down and nailed down, you know what? You'll just steal everything. You watch feeds of Mets breaking down doors, knocking over trained soldiers and generally being a massive pest while other Mets are unscrewing machines and run off with the parts. It's a symphony of chaos that only you could conduct.

Result Gain 21 Resource points.
    Total Points 23

-----------------------------------

Later in the week.

Nothing, you've seen no reports that any of the three superpowers reported anything. You've got eyes on Light, he hasn't been told that you've stolen from top secret bases. It feels weird, you actually got away with it. It feels unnatural. Were they working on something they shouldn't have been? Unnatural feelings aside you did get away cleanly it seems.

-----------------------------------------

It's been a while since you last opened Zero's pod to do modifications. As always when dealing with Zero it's hard to think of honest improvements. Sure you can do minor things like speed up his processing times or a little bit of recoding his movements. But it's nothing all that big. On the other hand, before you never needed to install something like the Super Adapter, you were always sure that he'd not need something like this. Of course the big issue right now is the slight problem with his personality coding. You're not exactly sure where you even began to make that mistake and you certainly aren't sure where to start.

You do make some progress, as you identify a few points that may be reading wrong while upgrading his software. But, as much as you don't want to you might actually have to ask. No, you can't doubt your own genius right now. It's just taking you a little longer then expected to figure out the bug. You'll find it before you complete the Dimensional Gate.

The Super Adapter has been making you think the most of all of the stuff you've been tinkering with it's given you some ideas to work with. Some interesting little things Dr. Light hasn't seemed to notice. Of course something like the Super Adapter was always your field more then his anyways.

--------------------------------

Upgrading Zero
    Software
    - Upgrade Movement Software Cost 2
    Increases the Agility with which Zero Moves by removing inefficient movements
    - Install Prediction Software Cost 2
    Allows better prediction of shots and enemy movement
    - Install Weapon Mastery Software Cost 2
    Using your knowledge and the knowledge gained from having watched many hours of bad kung fu flicks and playing street fighter. Teach a melee weapon to Zero
    - Bugfix Cost 142
    Using your knowledge of software and robotics. Fix Zero's faults and his murderous rampages. It's totally possible for you to fix this yourself. You aren't totally blind to your own mistakes.

Weaponry
    - Build a Light Saber? Cost 5
    You've been watching Star Wars lately. It totally seems like a good idea to you.
    - Build a Macross Missile spam launcher Cost 10
    You feel like taking a page out of Cossack's book here.
    - Upgrade Zero's Armor Cost 5
    You might be able to get a bit more armor here and there

Super Adapter
    - STRONG Adapter Cost 6
    Increases Strength
    - FAST Adapter Cost 6
    Increases Movement Speed
    - FLIGHT Adapter Cost 6
    FLY YOU FOOLS
    - AQUATIC Adapter Cost 6
    SWIM YOU FOOLS
    - SUPER GATTAI Cost ???

Options

Planning:
    While you do have Cossack keeping Megaman's attention for the time being it wouldn't hurt to be extra careful now would it? There are also other annoyances. Bass is getting a bit nosy lately as well.
    [] Go out and cause a Robot Uprising. Hopefully should keep Megaman busy for a while. You give it a week tops.
    [] Make a friend for Megaman. Could keep Megaman busy for a while.
    [] Tell Bass that Megaman got a new upgrade and is stronger then him. Should keep Bass and Megaman busy for a day.
    [] Straight up hijack the internet and tell everyone you're going on vacation for a few months. Might convince Megaman?
    [] Upgrade Bass and aim him at Megaman. When he gets his head kicked in hard enough he'll totally hide out of shame for a month.
    [] Cossack set up a Robot Football League somehow. It's keeping Megaman busy and entertained, so why not suggest Bass that he should join. ... Now you've got an idea. Have Bass lead a team of your sons, then tell Dr. Light that you plan on using the winnings from the League to take over the world if Megaman doesn't win.

Resources
    You got away with a lot of resources from before. No one said a thing? All that means is that you should go bigger, steal even more things. ALL OF IT SHALL BE YOURS WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    [] Ransack a few military bases Roll 3d12+3
    You've already pissed off the government. Might as well piss them off a bit more.
    [] Go and break in to the Robotics Museum Roll 4d15+4
    It's full of your old work anyways.
    [] Go drudge up some old ruins. Sure you might accidentally find something like the stardroids again. But you need all the resources you can get. roll 5d18+5

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  14. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

Upgrades

Software
    [X] Install Weapon Mastery Software Cost 2

Goes into

Weaponry
    [X] Build a Light Saber? Cost 5
    Because fuck it's Zero.

Super Adapter
    [X] - FLIGHT Adapter Cost 6

13 points in the now
    Storing 10 points for the eventual (or whatever else comes up we need resources for).
    - Bugfix Cost 142
    (which might go down as time goes by hopefully)

Planning
    [X] Cossack set up a Robot Football League somehow. It's keeping Megaman busy and entertained, so why not suggest Bass that he should join. ... Now you've got an idea. Have Bass lead a team of your sons, then tell Dr. Light that you plan on using the winnings from the League to take over the world if Megaman doesn't win.

Bass is a pain, enough said.

Resources
    [X] Ransack a few military bases Roll 3d12+3

Plan Go Big is still in effect, but there's "Big" and then there's "More then you can chew" Anything tempting Star Droids is in the later especially when you already have bigger fish to fry, and The Robotic hall of fame should be saved for when we care less about being discovered.
    (though I'm saving "more then you can chew for month 5 if we can't get it enough resources, by then we should have "portal to places that can deal with Star Droids" Like say... the Mega Man world but temporally faster by 100 years.)

15. Robotninja

Robotninja Connoisseur.

Why not just tell doctor Light about what happened and ask for help?

16. Seru

Seru Lodissian Cross

Upgrading Zero
    Software
    - Upgrade Movement Software Cost 2
    Increases the Agility with which Zero Moves by removing inefficient movements
    - Install Prediction Software Cost 2
    Allows better prediction of shots and enemy movement
    - Install Weapon Mastery Software Cost 2
    Using your knowledge and the knowledge gained from having watched many hours of bad kung fu flicks and playing street fighter. Teach a melee weapon to Zero

Smart Robot = Better Fighter, more so than upgrades anywhere else. Look at that git of a First Born we have.

- Build a Light Saber? Cost 5
    You've been watching Star Wars lately. It totally seems like a good idea to you.
    - Upgrade Zero's Armor Cost 5
    You might be able to get a bit more armor here and there

Both are useful.

- FAST Adapter Cost 6
    Increases Movement Speed Choose Fast Land Animal

Enemy Zero SHOULD be Landbound. Speed gives us the definitive advantage.

[X] Cossack set up a Robot Football League somehow. It's keeping Megaman busy and entertained, so why not suggest Bass that he should join. ... Now you've got an idea. Have Bass lead a team of your sons, then tell Dr. Light that you plan on using the winnings from the League to take over the world if Megaman doesn't win. - Canadian Rugby? Please? Dirty tackles for everyone?

[X] Ransack a few military bases Roll 3d12+3
    You've already pissed off the government. Might as well piss them off a bit more. - Fuck 'em

Because he'll bring ETHICS and MORALITY into our MEINGOTTSCHEIZECHEIZESCHEIZE plans to stop the approaching clusterfuck

Derek58 likes this.
  17. Winged One

...crap, we're going to need to pull some serious heists if we want to get that 142 resources together.
    [​IMG]

18. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

Seru, they aren't going to be Just Zero based, they are going to be Zero+the other robot plans, so expect strange combinations. I don't mind going for speed as well, but flight should be in the plans. Nothing stops us from making a second Super Adapter, so I could persuaded to go with either speed or flight for now (If we get the resources of course). But I disagree with the rest of your upgrades. (Mainly cause you aren't even beginning to save for the future or disasters)

19. Seru

Seru Lodissian Cross

If we can make a Fast flyer, I am all for it, but I am hoping for something that is closer to going as fast as the Nova Strike, not as fast as the Falcon Armour.

Speed advantage with Maneuverability (Hence why I am stressing software updates) decides fights between individuals with equivalent fighting power.

20. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

[X] Plan Redon

21. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

I don't mind looking into more software upgrades later... It's the fact that you're not saving ANYTHING at this point that's bothering me. Don't try to do everything on the first month, complications will happen and you'll need to be prepared to throw resources at them.

1 Resource will leave Wily with less then he started out with!

22. Seru

Seru Lodissian Cross

We are guaranteed 6 resource Gain, so I am leaving him with 7.

23. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

You... honestly think that 7 would be enough to head off a Mega Man charge for any length of time?

24. Seru

Seru Lodissian Cross

I think that Megaman is a problem no matter the resource stockpile. But we need Zero up and running ASAP

25. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

You prove my point with that though, if you're spending all the resources, you're saving absolutely nothing for the true root problem.

Winged One likes this.
  26. Seru

Seru Lodissian Cross

Except I am addressing the root problem in the spending.

27. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

You... just have no idea how big a problem the "Zero is insane" Issue is. Everything priority should be put to getting that taken care of first, I literally limited myself to one upgrade per section because of it. Zero is fucking scary BY DEFAULT. A rational and thinking Zero is 10 times scarier on top of that (See for example Zero not in his body vs Omega).

28. Seru

Seru Lodissian Cross

I am of the opinion that the Software upgrades are more vital than holding resources in reserve. We might not get enough to fix Zero.

I can be persuaded to ditch hardware upgrades, or hold off the Super Adapter, but the Software is NEEDED.

29. Winged One

Can we make down payments toward Zero's insanity or something?

30. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

Seru, I am NOT skimping out on the upgrades, I am planning for FAR greater then this one turn. If we can get past the Zero Insanity problem, I have absolutely NO issue in going hog wild on the software and making him a speed demon. But if Megaman comes before we deal with that issue there will be a lot of waste spent dealing with that as well.

Also things do not end at 6 months, we can continue upgrading Zero into the far future... We cannot put off deploying him though.

Also, finally, the faster we get Zero up and running, the more time he has to learn and prepare.

GiftofLove likes this.