1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We have added another rule, please check the Rules post for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Due to some issues with Freenode, the QQ IRC Channel is moving. See here for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Fallen Writers

Discussion in 'General' started by Biigoh, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Biigoh

Biigoh Tanuki Moderator

So a thread in memory of writers who've fallen with time.

silentshot, Imabot, PIEGURU and 7 others like this.
  2. Biigoh

Biigoh Tanuki Moderator

3. Nitramy

Nitramy Not too sore, are you?

4. Nitramy

5. Nitramy

6. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Experienced.

silentshot and Snake/Eater like this.
  7. WhiteKnightLeo

WhiteKnightLeo Know what you're doing yet?

[Turns and looks at the 40 volumes sitting on his shelf - the first of which he purchased in 2001]

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

The release of a new volume was usually one of the highlights of my year. And now it's never going to happen again.

RIP Miura-sensei - all of your fans around the world are mourning today.

silentshot, Imabot, llat-2 and 3 others like this.
  8. DestyNova

DestyNova Making the rounds.

Didn't Guts and company finally get to Elfland and Casca healed(mostly)? At last reaching sanctuary for healing and rest can be a suitable end.

9. WhiteKnightLeo

There's a big fucking cliffhanger just after Casca wakes up and now we'll probably never know what Miura-sensi intended for that to be.

silentshot likes this.
  10. AllyDoodle

AllyDoodle Lewd Cthulhu

I suppose if you wanted you could ignore the cliffhanger and let it end there.

11. WhiteKnightLeo

I'm going to have to - head-canon is all I've got left, unless they decide to release his notes.

12. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Experienced.

So, presumed fallen writer fallen no more, DWK came back. Briefly.

Long story short, a combination of burnout, drug abuse, and MLP ending sent him into a spiral. But he's climbed his way back out. But he's decided to leave the DWK persona/channel behind, saying he has moved on past FiM. He has a new channel, Absolute Unit, where he's posting new videos. So far there's only 5 videos, but they're entertaining enough.

He was also super appreciative about all the people asking if he was all right for the past 18 months of silence.

FourthPear and silentshot like this.