1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fate/Britain: Dragon's Divergence

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by MrHeartless, Mar 14, 2023.

1. Threadmarks: I am fucked aren't I?
    MrHeartless

MrHeartless Getting sticky.

Timeline: 5th Century

[Leonardo’s POV]

I ventured into the dense jungle and I realized how much I had underestimated the difficulty of this task.

Since there was no human activity here, every corner was filled with vegetation no matter where I went. Shrubs almost as tall as I was or trees that looked almost like skyscrapers were in abundance, so I could easily get lost if I wasn't being careful or marking the trees I passed with the wolf's claws. The fact that I didn't know where or when something might jump out at me didn't help either.

‘If I am going in the right direction, the river should be just ahead.’ I thought as I made my forward and cleared my path from the vegetation. ‘I can already hear the water!’

I quickened my pace and finally made my way to the river.

“Amazing…” The scenery was breathtaking. Crystal clean water flowing down with a sea of green trees complementing the view. If it wasn’t for the fact that I was accompanied by an unwanted ‘friend’.

There was a tiger who drank water calmly until I came, its ears twitched, and it turned to me. It was much bigger than me and could pounce on me at any moment.

Sweat trickled down my forehead as I slowly took a step back, crouched down, and picked up a stone without breaking eye contact. Despite the tension, I tried not to show any fear or nervousness toward her.

We stared at each other for a few more seconds before the tiger let out a grunt and walked away.

Once it was far away from my sight, I let out a breath that I didn’t realize I was holding.

*Sigh*

“Fuck this, I seriously need to get stronger.” I gritted my teeth in frustration and clenched my fists. “I need more power!”

Quoting Vergil’s iconic line aside, I was serious about wanting to get stronger. I didn’t have the wish to court death so soon.

I arrived at the riverside and saw my own reflection for the first time. A boy with short white hair and a pair of golden eyes was looking at me on the surface of the water.

‘Damn, I really look like an isekai protagonist right now.’ I thought and cringed at the memory of the days in my ‘chuunibyou’ phase.

‘Purge the unholy memories. begone!’ I quickly thought of something else to distract me from my dark past.

‘What was I talking about again? Ah, right, about needing power.’

The only clue I had was the strange energy I used against the wolf earlier. I think I should call it 'Mana' until proven otherwise. I didn't know how to use it again or control it yet, and for that I need a safe place to test it. A place where there are no beasts to threaten me.

'Come to think about it, the only place that fits that description is where I come from! I thought and contemplated. From where I had awakened, I had not encountered any being, and it did not appear until I approached this jungle. However, it was still hours away from here, and I felt that I was only getting further away from my destination.

“What should I do?.” I scratched my head as I looked at my reflection on the river…

…It was in the sprout of the moment, but I suddenly remembered something, something trivial and useless in this situation, but I couldn’t take it off from my head.

A meme, no…

THE MEME.

An image of Artoria in the pool flashed in my mind. She, who supposedly had the protection of the Lady of the Lake, was underwater.

“Oh lady of the lake, please help me solve this situation!” I jokingly said and then got up from my position. However, a strange phenomena occurred. The water started bubbling unnaturally until it shot upwards.

“What the fuck!” I cursed and jumped back in surprise.

The water moved itself in the air and formed a silhouette of a… person!?

“For what hath thou summon me, Albion? Didst thou granted up on thy way to the Reverse Side of the World and degrade into the form of what thou bid ‘inferior creatures’? (Why did you summon me, Albion? Did you give up making your way to the Reverse Side of the World and degrade into the form of what you call ‘inferior creatures’?)” A woman’s voice came out from the water spirit(?).

‘What the hell is happening?’ I may understand only half of what she said, but I had a feeling she just insulted me or I was just imagining it. Nevertheless, I tried to assess the situation.

“Excuse me, miss? But I think you got the wrong person. I don’t know who Albion is, but it’s definitely not me.” I said and looked at her in wariness. “I am Leonardo and definitely a human.”

The water spirit furrowed her eyebrows and I had a bad feeling from the way she ‘looked’ at me.

“...Are thou mocking me, Albion? (Are you mocking me, Albion?)” She raised her voice and the ground started shaking. “To regard an arrogant dragon like thou would resolve to lie to 'lesser beings'. Look at how high thou fell from. (To think an arrogant dragon like you would resolve to lie to ‘lesser beings’. Look at how high you fell from.)”

“Wait wait wait, you are seriously confusing me with someone else! I already told you I am not this Albion!” I started to panic. I didn’t expect her to get mad so suddenly!

The ground shook for a few more seconds before it returned to normal. I slowly raised my eyes and looked at the—What the fuck (x2)!

Similar to what happened earlier, the water has risen from its natural course and formed a cocoon around the projection.

*Splash!*

The outer layer exploded, and unlike what I thought earlier, it was not a woman or a monster that came out, but a young girl. She had pale blue hair and cyan eyes and wore a dark blue dress. There was a supernatural air about her that caught my attention.

With every step she took, a splash was heard on the floor, and she stopped as soon as she was in front of me. Surprisingly, we were about the same height.

She squinted her eyes as she looked at me.

“Thou hast the like draconic qualities as Albion, yet thou do not exclude the aura of that dragon. Haply thou art not lying after all. (You have the same draconic qualities as Albion, yet you don't exclude the aura of that dragon. Maybe you aren't lying after all.)” She said in a curious tone and relaxed her facial expressions.

I sighed in relief once I noticed that she wasn’t mad anymore, which translated into a slight increase of my chance of survival. But there was something that she said bothered me.

“Wait, so you are implying that I am not human anymore? And please use less complex words.” I said, making her pause.

“...Perhaps you really aren’t lying after all. Proud that dragon may be, he has the wisdom and strength of a dragon, something you lack off.” She sighed in…disappointment? Before I could protest, she placed her hand on my chest and glowed. “You have no need to thank me. Consider this as an apology for my earlier actions.”

“Wait–!” I grasped my chest where my heart should be. My eyes widened as I felt an enormous energy coming out of me to the point I could see it clearly. I knew what it was.
    It was Mana.

I could only see Mana from living beings and atmosphere too, but it was minuscule compared to my amount. If I could describe it, I would be a nuclear central midst of generators powered by a bike. Curiously, I looked at the girl to see her mana, but strangely I couldn’t see any.

“You should learn to contain your Magical Energy in yourself if you want to go to the surface, unless you are wishing to pick a fight or crush others with your Mana.” That is what she said.

I nodded and started putting my mind on it. I tried to command my Mana to move and store inside me. Immediately, my Mana immediately retracted and entered my body.

“It was easier than I’d expected.” I muttered as I began checking myself. Even if I’d contained my Mana, I could still see it around me.

“That should be obvious. Dragons such as yourself are creatures that generate Magical Energy just by existing, so controlling it should be as natural as breathing for you.” The girl said.

Speaking of her, I think I might have an idea of who she was.

“I know this is a bit late, but are you…the Lady of Lake, Vivian, right?” I hesitated a little. Given how she appeared when I quoted the meme and how easily she manipulated the water in the river.

I saw her frown which made me panic a little for being wrong, but I guess it wasn’t necessary.

“Don’t you already know? You were the one who called me after all.” She said and I shrugged. “But regardless, I think a proper introduction should be made. I am Vivian, the fairy known as Lady of the Lake and Nimue.”

“I am Leonardo, a simple hum–dragon.” I quickly corrected myself and extended my hand for a handshake. She stared at my hand for a good seconds before awkwardly shaking it.

“Then I bid farewell, young dragon. If by fate, then you will see my other self." Vivian said before walking into the river and melting(?) in it.

It was still strange for me to see a little girl talking like some noble in the medieval era.

'Wait, what? I stopped waving my hand and widened my eyes in horror.

'Vivian, speaking like a nobleman in the Middle Ages, Vivian, speaking...' I repeated in my mind and finally came to my senses. "There's no way I am in the Arthurian era...is there?" My face paled in horror.

And if my guess is correct, plus the fact that I only knew one Arthurian myth the most was from the anime Fate, then…

“Yeah…I am fucked aren’t I?”

Maybe I wasn’t in Fate at all and it was just my paranoia, but…I should’ve at least asked her for a ride to the surface.

A/N: So Vivian appears, if you want to know what she looks like, just imagine a young Morgan but more bluish. Also what Vivian did was something like giving a push and let Leonardo feel Mana with more familiarity.