1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fate/Legend [Fate/Stay Night series]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by BlackThief12, Sep 20, 2015.

1. BlackThief12

BlackThief12 Nihon no Kokujin Dorobō

Well, before we get to business, I'm a bit new to the Fate Series, but I read most of the info to know some of the series.... and probably from episode 1 to 10 of Fate/PRISMA Illya... hey, it goddamn kawai okay! Even thought I never watch Magical girl series, it still damn cute with the chibi version of character (XD) and a bit badass for Illya and Miyu.

Anyway, before we get started, I have though of many version of my idea that I can't even choose which one. So I decided to make something unexpected, and decided to let you guy vote on what version would be.

[ ] Defender of the Fuyako City(Where human coexist with spirit)
    [ ] The Spirit Hunter(In which it start in Fate/Zero but in the best AU... who want to see a certain vampire get a Karmic Death?)
    [ ] Knight of the Virtual Magic( Cross over with Fate/PRIASMA Illya and Fate/EXTRA, but with no tournament and Digital Ghost is common)
    [ ] Either any of them or a pretty damn crossover of most of the Fate series. This mean we got a virtual time traveling class card!

Also there is a bit of a conflict I have in me, you see I want to use the traditional RPG style, but I'm kinda afraid that I might break the real by not use the normal style.

And when I mean traditional style, I meant this:

And I kinda new to the whole character sheet and I don't want to use the character sheet from Exalted version so I need help with that too.

So, what style should I choose?

[ ]Traditional RPG style
    [ ]Normal style

And let just get this one over with the difficulty my style:

[ ] Easy
    -All mook have fewer health and can be defeat easily, but get fewer EXP and every allied unit are Red Shirt Army.
    [ ] Normal
    -Most mook group always accompany with a mini boss and can take many hit before fall, get minimum EXP and most of your allied unit can take many hit before it fall.
    [ ] Hard
    Some enemies are smarter and can use healing item like herb, but get some EXP and you can control your allied.
    [ ] Advance
    -All enemies are no longer mook, they have the same stat as you and can level up on its own and while the miniboss have double the stat, the boss have triple the stat, but get many EXP and you can upgrade your allies' stat.
    [ ] Lunatic
    -You can't upgrade your stat and neither does your allied and enemies, any status effect that decrease the maximum stat will not be affected, EXP can still be gain for skill and all enemies and boss will have it own stat depending on it type and wearing equipment can affect stat.
    [ ]Phantasm
    -Laughed as you defeat every mook in a single blow while certain enemy can it own health bar, you get few EXP, but it still worth it.
    [ ] Insane
    -The same as normal, however all mook can ignore your defense and give you massive damage, don't bother upgrade your defense, but blocking can prevent you from receiving damage and you will get a massive EXP.

Well, now with that out of the way, if anyone want to talk to me, I will make a discussion thread.

Also, it would save a lot of time if someone can tell me about both the series and the character sheet for it, and maybe either a Co-Writer or a Beta Reader.

2. Blight Gecko

Blight Gecko Not too sore, are you?

Kay, I am a huge Fate fan, so I think I might be of help to you. Are we doing here again?

3. BlackThief12

What?

4. Blight Gecko

I am asking you that question.

5. BlackThief12

Well, something like that.

6. Blight Gecko

While I do understand the Fate series, I don't really understand the whole RPG system we are going to be using.

7. Blight Gecko

[X] Knight of the Virtual Magic

I really like the idea because we can get our inspiration from a bunch of different sources like Gatchaman Crowds or Corrector Yui.

8. BlackThief12

I kinda mean the classic RPG style. Like HP, SP, etc.

Also, to does that think I'm gonna make a cameo from a certain VRMMORPG anime, it depends if you want it or not.

9. Liam-don

Liam-don Fondly Regard Creation.

You got most of your knowledge on Fate from the wiki and Prisma Illya...:confused:

Okay, fine. I'm not going to stop you, but I'll warn you that the fandom's kind of anal about its lore and Fate threads tend to devolve into shitstorms again and again over the most insignificant detail, even it has no bearing on the current topic. I'd know, I've been an active participant in many of them.

You better be prepared.

10. Blight Gecko

I would rather not. Sword Art Online is terrible.

I know all about the stupidity that is the Nasu fandom. I will try and keep this guy mostly in line, but there is a reason AU fanfiction and the Acceptable Breaks from Canon tropes exist.

Plus, Fate/Extra already messes with the rules of the Fate Universe, so it shouldn't be too much trouble.

11. BlackThief12

I will try to be prepare, but you might prepare for numeral criticism from my spelling grammar.

Then no SAO, though I could almost see your point, Fate series and SAO won't mix very well.

Yeah, as long as I don't screw up that'd is.

12. Blight Gecko

You have bad grammar issues, I can certainly help.

13. BlackThief12

Well, you can point out any grammar I might make unknowingly.

Also, I'm going to make a link to my other threat in my signature (I finally figured it out how to do it) so you guy can check on it later since putting a link in the thread annoy to even the moderator.

14. Blight Gecko

So Black Thief, how are you going to get more people onto this thread to vote for your story? And how does your "classic RPG system" work anyway?

15. BlackThief12

Well let see for the classic RPG style:

While everything the same, it is the character's stat and health that will be different. For example:

ATK: 271
    DEF: 190
    M.ATK: 250
    M.DEF: 200

And the list goes on.

Well, I don't know how can I pull it off, I got three method of doing it:

1) Try to make a news about it.
    2) Make it seem more interesting for people to read.
    3) If thing go well, then I might have someone or myself to make it to the tv trope. Though I never register into the tv trope sadly.

There are the only thing I can tried. Either that or I have to do the "Fanfiction opening" to make it more interesting.

16. Blight Gecko

Not very specific. How does that even work? Do you gain levels? Do you certain factors make one character more overpowered than another? Are you using a Point Build System or a Class and Level System? So many questions...

Number 1 will be counted as spamming after a while, so it has limited value on this website. If I can find a few other people...

Number 2 is a given. Need to do this anyway.

Number 3 might not happen.

We might need to ask someone about how to get a roleplay thread up and running.

17. BlackThief12

It is gain level, there are a certain skill and spell that can be overpower but costs more point, and it both actually. I am going to make list of stat that it have.

You got a point there.

Okay, that method have 50% chances that it will work.

Yeah.... I actually gonna agreed to that.

18. Blight Gecko

I would suggest finding a method that is rules-light if you are just starting out.

This link would list some examples, I think.

19. BlackThief12

Okay, thank about that.

Well, now the only thing left is a character sheet, though I won't to it until AFTER people vote on it.

20. Blight Gecko

Maybe it would help if you could come up with ideas for all three of the stories you plan. It would certainly make this forum a bit more interesting to look at, which would bring more people here.

21. BlackThief12

Hmm... well, it not a bad idea really, this mean we start at Zero era.... Karmic death for a certain someone is coming up... hehehehe, this is going be amaze.

22. Blight Gecko

Talking about Spirit Hunter?

I do like the idea of Spirit Hunter - a more down-to-Earth idea if I have ever heard of it.

The story would be simple: the aftermath of the Fourth Holy Grail War was even worse than canon, with the Angra Mainyu's sheer evil attracting malevolent supernatural spirits from all over Japan. A Japanese organization sends some of their brightest to investigate the infestation and they work with Kirei Kotomine (the representative of the Holy Church and the Magus Association in the story) to disperse the spirits. Kotomine acts as the NPC Token Evil Teammate and is as helpful as possible while being the sadistic troll that he is.

The reason that Zouken was never taken care of in canon is because a) he knows Kotomine hates him and will kill him on spot, so he tries to stay away, b) he is rather patient and can wait out years for his plans, c) he has surveillance all over the city in the form of his disgusting insect familiars, and d) he is not officially a vampire by the Church's definition, since he does not feed on people enough to catch the attention of the Church as a whole. The only way he would get caught red-handed is if he was forced out into the open by something he did not see coming. He would make an effective Arc Villain.

Zouken himself would also mention that he is "an important member in the Magus Association", but considering how far the Matou clan has fallen, I honestly do not think the Magus Association would bat an eye, especially if Kirei, the man who is supervising on their behalf, overlooks the old worm's death.

23. BlackThief12

Umm.... Actually it not that. But I will add that since it does fit it with the tittle. But since I'll smash all three of them into one, I'll have to start from episode 2 of Zero series so I can make a event that lead with Priasma Illya.

Though, there are two person Zouken didn't expect since they aren't related to anything that is mage and one of them is very unpredictable.

24. Blight Gecko

Huh? I really don't understand.

It is impossible for the events of Fate/Zero to lead into Prisma Illya.

25. BlackThief12

Buddy, I know a OC name Akuseru Burugosu(Who is 7 year old in the Zero era) who like to do something that would otherwise be impossible.

If you read the NSFW version of the "Journey of the Azure Dragon God", you may see Akuseru, on his own, fighting the seven deities at the same time inside the Brahmastra cause two of his friend, and a girl he has to rescue, is where they are.

It should be noted that they can wipe the floor at him with no sweat, cause they are deities and he is a human, but he doesn't matter since he fought a lot of Eldritch Abomination before and he know a few spell and ability that can greatly damage them.

Beside, I can sometimes be unpredictable. And I got a few crazy plan to ensure Irisvael's and Kiritsugu's survival.

Anyway, enough about that(You can ask more about Akuseru) I am kinda waiting for the difficulty setting being vote.

26. Blight Gecko

I don't mean that it isn't possible for your random OC to magically fix everything wrong with the series, but I meant that, unless your OC can magically turn back time and change the past and whatnot, he cannot magically turn Fate/Zero into Fate/Kaleid Liner.

See, Kaleid Liner's timeline diverges from the present timeline about two hundred years before the present day. In the Prisma Illya universe, the Einzbern family decided to try to enact Heaven's Feel by themselves and failed (unlike the main timeline, where they succeeded with the help of Nagato Tohsaka, Kischur Zelretch Schweinorg, and Zolgen Makiri/Zouken Matou). Then, in the present day, they planned on creating the Holy Grail War by sacrificing Illya to create the Greater Grail. It can be assumed that Kiritsugu went Papa Wolf and killed them all and was able to get away with it since the Einzberns weren't as strong without the Heaven's Feel. He and Irisviel then sealed the month-old Illya's inborn knowledge of the Grail War, the sealed knowledge later on giving birth to Kuro. Mother, father, and daughter escaped along with Sella and Leysritt and they lived a normal life in Japan. Kiritsugu would later adopt Shirou as his son.

As you can see, this is completely AU from the main timeline that Fate/Zero comes from. While the Kaleidosticks do exist in the main timeline, it is effectively impossible to have episode 2 of Fate/Zero go into Prisma Illya without some pretty major railroading and lots of bullshit.

27. Blight Gecko

I really know nothing about Akuseru Burugosu other than the fact that you seem determined to make him your personal pet Mary Sue.

If you want a good story, I would not involve him at all. Seriously, what were thinking when you made him?

28. BlackThief12

Oh, I though the reason how did that happen was something else.

Hah! Papa Wolf mode engaged!

Actually, it won't happen in the episode two, it will happen(depending on your decision) near the end of the Zero era. I want to start from episode two so I can have a character development on two character, though I am thinking to have 10 servant, but I scrap it off, since you may be mad from it.

No I'm not, he has some flaw that I need to make, beside he will make a official appearance ten year after the Zero era.

Well, I always improvise, and the version I mentioned is from the Highschool DxD universe, I need to plan on how can I improvise him to fit into the story.

Also, speaking of Illya, I was having the weird confusion that make me wonder:

In Zero series, Illya is seven years old. Ten year later she look 13 or 12, it confuse the hell out of me.

How old is she?

29. Blight Gecko

I wish you would speak in better grammar so that I could read some of your writing.

As for your timeline issues here is the Nasuverse Timeline, for your convenience.

According to this, Illya was born about a year before Shirou was, in 1986. Fate/Zero takes place in 1994, so she is eight years old when it happens. Shirou is seven years old when he was adopted by Kiritsugu. By the time of Fate/Stay Night, which takes place in 2004, Illya is 18 years old while Shirou is 17 years old and in his second year of high school (in America, this would be his junior year).

It is explained that, due to being a Homunculus-Human Hybrid, she would never grow tertiary sexual characteristics (like breasts or fully-functioning ovaries and things like that) and probably would have lived for centuries had it not been for the Einzbern's grueling experiments and tests. That is why she looks only 12-13 by the time Shirou meets her in Stay/Night.

Homunculus in general are weird in that they do not age and, despite having human emotions and hearts, have very limited life spans. Irisviel was not even a year old when Kiritsugu married her and had a kid, yet she was born looking like an adult. The main timeline's versions of Sella and Lysritt were created in 2002 and do not change one bit until they die.

What makes Kaleid/Liner so AU is the fact that Illya is only nine years old there, yet Shirou is 17 years old.

30. BlackThief12

Okay, thank. Though, near the end is where thing go side road greatly. Let me give you a few thing in the tv trope way:

Adaption Expansion.
    And now for someone entirely different.
    Badass.(I'm talking to you Kiritsugu and Kirei)
    In a spite of nail.
    Karmic Death.
    Spare by Adaption.

That, is what you will know. Take a guess on it.