1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fate/True Bizarre (JJBA x Fate/Zero) [COMPLETE]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by JBukharin, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Extras: Interlude 1: Calm Day! It's all about the hat!
    JBukharin

JBukharin Signer of the Totalist Charter

Interlude 1: Calm Day! It’s all about the hat!

Sakura looked fairly uneasy as Jotaro led her around the city. Considering the height differences, the tall man had decided to pick her up and keep her in his arms while they were all out wandering Fuyuki’s streets.

The plum-haired girl still held a degree of appreciation from the gesture, which was shown with how quiet she was while her head rested on the marine biologist’s chest.

The simple dark-blue dress looked nice on her, and Jotaro was blunt enough to point this out. The compliment was taken as calmly as it was given by the child, but a tiny smile had erupted out at hearing the flattering words.

Joseph and little Shinji had left for their temporary homes, with the elder taking time to tell stories of his youth to the annoying brat. The boy was loud, but at least it was a normal trait for a kid his age to have.

But Sakura was not of the same note. The girl was quiet most of the time, and would only talk when an input was directed at her. Plus, she wouldn’t leave Jotaro’s side, going as far as to keep waiting by the doorstep as the man went through his morning routine.

Caster was deeply amused by this situation, and her comments of comparing the two to father and daughter got plenty of stern glances from Jotaro, and confused looks from the former Matou.

The reactions only incensed the pink-eyed woman to press them on over the matter and driving a wedge over any attempt to make serious conversation with her.

The Kujoh was once against reminded that his Servant was a pest when she wanted, but she was at least restraining herself from going overboard since the girl in his hold wasn’t prepared for the sheer madness Xuanzang was showing to have to her Master.

Things in Fuyuki were unsurprisingly calm by this hour, and the man thought that the lack of any enemy was related to the fact it was still daytime.

None of the Masters would blatantly risk the revelation of Magecraft to the rest of the normal people, thus his guard was mostly at ease as he decided to check on a few places before returning back on the flat.

One of the things Joseph had mentioned before leaving was the need to buy some emergency resources in case some smartass decided to attack the hotel. One can never be prepared well enough to avoid facing this kind of situations and thus the first stop was buying some groceries.

Picking up cheap food like instant Ramen and then shifting half of the funds set for this little task to buy water bottles, Jotaro decided to also buy some first aid equipment in case anyone got injured during one of the attacks.

As of now, it was pure lack that the damage reported was minimal and suffered by those that could recover in due time thanks to some passive healing factor. And that wasn’t going to last forever considering the roster of people aiming to kill him right now.

“Oh? I suppose this lovely girl is your daughter, sir and ma’am,” The clerk set by the entrance said as she continued to scan through the products pulled out of their cart and on the counter.

Caster giggled, shaking her head at the affirmation. “We’re not married.”

“Apologies, ma’am. But still, truly a cute child, sir.”

Jotaro held back a grimace as the annoying woman still thought that he was the father of little Sakura.

The plum-haired kid glanced up with a calm look, yet a hint of curiosity passed through as the marine biologist merely ignored the irritating comments from the clerk.

Once all products were paid, Jotaro hoped to be freed from this scene and be allowed out of that shop at once… yet he was forced to stop as the shopkeeper reached for the girl with a tiny lollipop.

“Here. A little gift for a little cutie.”

The former Matou stared at the offering with a confused look, but instead of making a decision there, she once more looked up to the Stand User for guidance.

Since he really wanted to leave the place as quickly as possible, the Kujo nodded at the child and Sakura picked the offer as swiftly as she received the answer.

“T-Thank you.”

The soft reply got a squeal out of the frustrating lady, but the trio was already out of the shop by the time the woman had recovered from that adorable response.

After this little situation was dealt with, Jotaro’s next step in his small plan was to check on the clothes shop Joseph had told him about. If the hotel was attacked, most of his clothes would have to be ditched as those weren’t worth risking death over.

And even though he had plans to save his hats from getting destroyed in the process, there was no reason for the marine biologist to not prepare some spare clothes in the worst case scenario.

Once they were inside the shop, the Stand User started to approach the shopkeepers and check if there were any scientist coats that he could buy already instead of checking on more specialized shops.

In this instance Sakura was finally allowed down, her eyes gazing around in a curious manner as to get the entire appearance of the shop memorized. The clothes, from formal ones to common ones.

Jotaro left Caster to check on the girl while he went around to get his list fulfilled as fast as possible, getting only a bored huff by the brunette before completely ignoring his Servant’s reaction to his order.

Still, the child’s stare kept on trailing all around until she eventually locked her sight onto the small metallic casket holding a specific category of apparels that she found herself interested too.

Hats of various kind. Her interest piqued the more she searched for anything truly worth checking on.

It was a tiny wish of her, one that had been sparked by the oddly endearing white hat that her new guardian always had on himself.

Quietly hummed as she kept on looking around, Sakura barely noticed that Xuanzang’s curious glance was locked on her actions. She watched as the young girl approached the casket and dug a little bit through the multiple hats available there as something caught the child’s attention.

Soon she pulled out a simple baseball hat. It wasn’t one with marks of a specific team, but it had quite the curious color theme on it.

A dark purple as a main, while the cap was black. Sakura stared at it for a little while, studying it while she held onto it for some time.

Then she donned it for a moment and silently approached the nearby mirror and give a look to it as she wore it.

Despite the clear interest to buy it, the child eventually went back to the casket and left it atop the others before returning near the counter.

Caster frowned at this scene, biting her lips with a perplexed look as her sight turned back and forth between the plum-haired girl and the hat. Eventually, she decided to do something drastic but perhaps much important.

She could feel that it was needed! A must of sort!

Taking hold of the hat by the cap, the brunette threw it up well above Sakura’s line of sight and soon the apparel silently fell onto Jotaro’s basket that had been left on the counter of the shop.

Time passed smoothly and soon the marine biologist was back to pay for the three discounted coats he found thanks to the clerks.

Just as the duo started to list down the products that he had to pay for, his attention was caught when he was notified of the mysterious hat that was now his to properly buy.

He would’ve remembered that he had planned to buy something like it, and yet he knew he hadn’t.

Looking at the rest of his entourage, he noticed Sakura’s wide-eyed expression at the curious product and Caster giving a nervous hint that this might have been all part of her plan.

The brunette turned her eyes away as he looked with more intensity, expecting her to talk up but… she refused to admit to the deed.

Instead, he picked the hat in his hands and glanced at Sakura. The kid looked back, her blank stare allowed a hint of hopefulness over the simple thing.

But why would he be interesting in something like this. Then it hit him when he saw her briefly looked slightly above his eyes and… to his own hat.

Did she want one to copy him? It wasn’t unusual for children to copy their parents but… he wasn’t her father. So why was she interested in this right now?

Just as he pondered over it, an old memory from a past before his dangerous life emerged to remind him of how his interest for hats started.

-----------d-d-d-d-------------d-d-d-d--------------d-d-d-d--------

Flashback...

Scrambling around in his room to find a way to fix the hideous mess that was his current hairstyle.

A younger Jotaro huffed as he searched for any gel that could help him fix the unruly strands falling over his eyes, and yet he couldn’t find anything of the kind.

Skipping the barber’s appointment twice had led to an unfortunate growth of his hair, which in turn led him to worry about making a terrible impression now that he was starting Junior High.

People had already belittled him for being taller than his peers, some even joking that he was just brawn and no brain. To add more insult to the current injury was just begging to be mocked and annoyed for the rest of his school life.

Yet the more he failed to find a solution to this issue, the more his irritation continued to grow within his mind.

A huff, then another groan, and his mindless search ended up drawing the attention of the second occupant of the house.

Holly Kujo took a moment to peek from the doorstep at the extent of her son’s little crusading, sighing tiredly as she noticed the disaster the distracted boy was leaving on his wake.

“Jotaro-kun, what’s wrong?” She finally asked before entering the room. Her voice quickly garnered the young man’s attention, and Jotaro snapped out of his dread-induced rampage. “Why are you making a mess of your room? Shouldn’t you be preparing to leave for your first day?”

He blinked, glancing around and slowly realizing at the chaos he had created in his distracted task.

“S-Sorry, mom. I will clean everything up before leaving...” He said before sighing. “It’s just that I’m trying to find a mean to fix my hair. It’s… it’s hideous.”

The kind woman smiled calmly at her child as she approached him. “Now, now, there’s no need to make a tragedy out of a messy hairstyle.”

“But… I want to try and make the best out of this year. I know my height already makes things difficult, but I… I don’t want to be make any bad impressions.”

“And you will not,” The blonde responded with a nod. “You’re a handsome and smart young man with a big, golden heart.”

Jotaro cracked a smile at that response, but his happy reaction was dampened by the still-gloomy mood.

“Still...”

“You really want to fix your hair so desperately?” Holly inquired with a teasing tone, soon sobering up and nodding at her son. “I think I might have a… solution to this. But you might not like it.”

He frowned at the latter bit. “If it can solve this, then it will do.”

The woman gave another slow nod. “Then… please, follow me.”

The two left the boy’s room and walked up to a specific room that hadn’t seen much activity for a couple of months now.

Jotaro tensed a little bit as his mother led him inside his father’s musical office, the place where he kept the various saxophones the old timer had recovered in the last decade.

But Holly’s interest wasn’t directed at what was already in display, but rather a tiny box that had been hidden away behind the first saxophone his father ever used.

The wood in there looked quite odd, and when his mother opened it to reveal the content, he was stunned by the cloud of dust that greeted them both.

It took them a couple of seconds to cough away the dust, but soon the content was revealed to them and… Jotaro’s eyes widened in surprise.

A hat, it looked to be made with the same material used for the uniform he was currently wearing. His eyes were mesmerized by the golden button in it, the curious symbol there catching his attention… but then he noticed the tiny envelop on the side and he was prompted to check on it.

The paper looked weary, but the ink in there looked of good quality. The kanji was readable and soon Jotaro started to give it a thorough look.

Sadao-kun, I’m sorry that I couldn’t make it for your first day of Junior High.

Your father is a busy man, but still a man that honors the achievements of a proud member of the Kujo Clan. While I can’t tell this personally as I’m taken by a business trip, I wish for you to know that, while you’re seeking a different path from the family’s old work, I still support your passion and your determination.

Your music shall resonate in people’s heart, just like you made me happy of calling you my son.

Your busy father, Johei Kujo.

“This is… grandfather’s hat?”

“Sadao-kun told me that he felt nervous during his first day, and that when he first received the letter and the hat, he found courage by wearing it,” Holly explained with a fond smile. “Now, this is yours to take. Your father would’ve wanted to be there to give it to your personally but-”

“He’s busy,” Jotaro muttered. “It’s alright, I… I know that he doesn’t have a choice about it.”

“But I think… this will work,” The boy said while looking back at the hat, taking it in his own hands and putting it on his head. “It feels… nice.”

The blonde giggled. “I’m sure it does. But now you should get your room cleaned or else you might turn out late for your first day.”

Jotaro’s eyes widened in panic at that reminder, and he almost rushed out of the room to comply to the order… but he stopped for a moment near to his mother to deliver a quick peck on her cheek.

“Thank you, mom!”

Bolting away from the room, he could only hear the faint notes of his mother’s giggles while he started to fix everything back to normal in his room.

Today, he will make her proud of calling him her son!

-------------d-d-d-d-----------d-d-d-d-----------d-d-d-d---------

Sakura’s eyes widened in surprise as she felt the soft fabric of the hat she wanted to have now settling over her head. Giving a quick but careful pat over her head, Jotaro turned his attention to the clerks and nodded.

“How much for this hat?”

The girl couldn’t just believe it as these words left the man’s mouth, and yet money was given to formalize the acquisition of the object.

Quiet moments passed as Sakura was once more picked up by the marine biologist, and she carefully adjusted herself in his hold as the trio started to make their way back to the hotel since their tasks for today were done.

“Do you like it?” Caster inquired with a kind tone, getting the child’s attention on herself.

“It… It feels nice.”

For some reason, Jotaro smiled at that comment, reaching for the girl’s head and giving it another pat.

“That’s good to hear.”

Gawking at this response, Xuanzang felt the need to press for more details over this strange response from her Master.

It was absurd to believe him able to melt away under the presence of the adorable child, and yet… the Servant held herself back from doing that.

Something about the sight of seeing both individuals look so happy, with Sakura joining in the heartwarming scene with a tentative tiny smile as she enjoyed the little victory and the closeness to her savior.

That very moment cemented within Caster’s mind the idea that these two were meant to be father and daughter. And she found enlightenment out of that blessed scene.

-----------d-d-d-d-----------d-d-d-d-

AN

I had considered making this part of a chapter, but then I realized that it was way too fluffy for what I planned to add to the next chapter. Thus this stands alone as the first of a few interlude.

Kind of a fluffy omake, if anyone knows me from Absolute Divinity you might know that I can pull some sweet scenes… but this is part of canon.

Sakura-chan got the hat… and I gave a backstory to Jotaro’s interest with hats. How many people tried to actually do the latter?

Also, inspiration behind the backstory: Link.

2. Extras: Interlude 2: When the God Calls
    JBukharin

Interlude 2: When God Calls

He could still remember the first time he pondered about miracles.

Enrico Pucci was a religious man. One that was born in a family that had strong ties with the Church, and that taught him the essential basis of humanity that the Bible and its God teaches to all children of the Heavens.

A priest. A devoted man of God. And when God calls to him, his heart can only swell in joy and admiration. In awe and dutifulness.

When his life was turned upside down, and the light of revelation struck him with tragedy and resolve, only faith saved him from utter despair. But his faith wasn’t aimed at the God he had grown to love and accept as his Father and Lord. No, he aimed his true loyalty to the one that embodied everything a true divine being should aspire to.

Dio Brando. His mind almost shivered in joy at thinking of the man that showed him the truth. The one that gave him a way out of his misery. That gave him a purpose that was as important as essential for the sake of true justice.

The Heavens. He could still remember how he foolishly believed that those were none other than a lie to gain his trust for nothing. That it was something so ethereal and beautiful, that it had to be a falsity of grand magnitude

He was wrong. And Enrico could only love being proven wrong in that regard.

The idea of something so mighty and absolute, something so just and unquestionable- it reopened in him a thirst to the faith of a real God. But not one that was only known through old books, or one that was mentioned by a prophet.

No. Pucci met God himself and… he was so beautiful. So complex, so realistically perfect. Devoid of human flaws, and filled by a sense of duty that exceeded the one proposed by the finicky sense of morality that ruled the decisions of many.

Still, despite that clear understanding of faith, it would’ve been a lie to say that he had expected that after so many years after he achieved clarity of mind and soul that he would’ve been blessed with a particular call from someone he thought lost in the world of reality.

Enrico was busy handing out some of the leftover stew meant for homeless people. The phone rang the usual tune, but the hour which this happened was unusual. Something was afoot, his perception of destiny almost screamed at him to be tense as he finished with his task and walked towards the small device.

Ever since the increase of aggression from the organization known as Passione in the area where his Church was currently located, things had stopped being as easy as they used to be. The classic mafia was easy to divert because of their common fear for divine punishment. But this new group led by the mysterious ‘Diavolo’ was nothing to scoff at.

Stand Users- he was almost disgusted by the fact someone usurped Dio’s Arrows and used those to create a human vision of evil. Terrible, disgusting! Pucci would’ve almost jumped at the opportunity to destroy the foolish fiend behind such a troublesome development, but he was far too cautious to take that kind of risk.

The Boss of Passione was an unknown individual. His identity was known to anyone, even his closest confidants. The idea he was fighting someone that was rumored to have a powerful stand, one capable of ‘ruling over Italy’, was enough to make the priest adopt a passive behavior regarding the man.

Passione was still small and the government was actively fighting it whenever it was possible. It was a losing battle for the current administration, and one that Pucci knew that, once it started to turn too violent, would force him to leave the peninsula as his stay in the region would’ve been compromised.

But for now, like the devoted man of God that he was, he waited for a sign to do or act beyond the small task conceded to him by his closest of friends. Tension peaked the moment the device approached his ears, and his heart went still as something told him this wasn’t something to be calm about.

“Hello?” He managed to ask, curbing any interest in stuttering at this unknown fear of his.

Good morning… Pucci.

The voice. His body almost dropped to the ground at hearing that familiar voice. His heart started to rock painfully, jubilant and yet confused and concerned at this kind of miracle… or terrible attempt to trick him.

“L-Lord Dio?”

I’ve heard of what happened to your siblings, Enrico,” The vampire on the other side spoke with the degree of determination only a man without doubts and restraints could. “I’m sorry for your loss.

“There is nothing to apologize, Lord Dio,” The priest jumped with a tense voice. “You- You’re not to be troubled with my plights-”

You’re my friend, Enrico. I will find the trouble of your plight important for me to ponder and react to,” Dio interrupted smoothly. “And I can tell that, despite this, you’re still devoted to my vision.

“O-Of course,” Enrico could feel his lungs hurt at the joy he was going through. This- this was the real Dio. He could recognize him and the mere idea that he was somehow returned to this world made him rejoice with august desire and interest. “But… I have to ask now that you’ve called. How- who returned you to this world?”

A long sigh followed his question, and that made the priest frown in confusion at the sudden switch of mood. Was he too pushy? Could he have phrased that question better? For a moment he felt legitimately concerned about having overstepped his boundaries.

I’ve to confess that I don’t believe my current stay will be a permanent one, my good friend,” The blond admitted with a somber tone. “With my current situation, I may not be able to stand beyond a month. Which is why I’ve called you today.

There were many things that Pucci wanted to ask about this. What was he meaning with ‘his current stay’ being temporary? Why couldn’t he linger more than a month? What happened to have him brought back?

There was so much that could be asked about, but Enrico settled with a calm tone and a simple sentence.

“I’m listening to any requests, Lord Dio.”

I’m glad to hear this, Enrico. Right now, I need someone that is trustworthy and can bring forth my will in this peculiar circumstance,” Dio explained with a calm voice. “Right now I’m currently in Japan. Fuyuki City is where I’m currently working on a project that will bring additions to our plans. A project that you might know with the name ‘Tohsaka Rin’.

That name was… a female one. While he wasn’t that much experienced about Japan, one thing he had learned from studying Jotaro Kujoh was the way names were formed and which were the signs to follow to determine what kind of names those were. Rin was feminine, and Pucci wondered if this individual was another mother of one of the many children DIO had fathered during his stay in Italy.

“Tohsaka Rin. Is she… someone that I need to keep track of?”

Not yet, my good friend,” The vampire replied with a quiet sigh. “I wish for you to wait two months. Then, as the time passes, you shall come to this city I’m currently staying in. You shall then find her and try to approach her while she is alone.

“What is my main duty about this… project?”

A document. It will be the first of many tasks I’m saddened to burden you with, most of which will all be related to the individual holding the paper.

“Is she… a breeder?”

No.

Enrico almost trembled at the cold tone that sharply declined this guess. Something about it made him ponder if it was anger to speak, or something close to hatred. Both chances left the priest to quiver in uneasiness for having failed to pick up this kind of attitude.

Rin Tohsaka wasn’t a woman that held another child, and now he knew of this through that mistake.

“Her role will be secondary for the time being. The document will contain further tasks to accomplish and… some of which will test your devotion. I myself doubt you will be keen to accept those-

“I know you will not exceed my capacities with your demands. I’m ready to take on this assignment, Lord Dio.”

Ah, it’s… refreshing to speak with someone that I can believe in,” The Vampire admitted with some glee exuding from his voice. “I wish to apologize if my presence in this world will not be any longer than a month, I understand your concern through this device, Enrico.

“A-As you said, Dio. You’re my friend… and I shall take the burden of your plight.”

Yes… I will call you once more in a week from now. And don’t worry too much, I don’t plan to leave anytime soon...

A nod, then the call ended and… the priest realized that he had unconsciously walked up to the altar. Looking up at the crucified statue of Jesus Christ, Enrico imagined another martyr upon his gaze. Someone that was once more trifling with danger all for the sake of offering the Heavens to the world as a whole.

Pucci nodded, feeling his devotion increase after getting this call. Now he knew that there was a chance and… that Dio had somehow returned. Part of him wanted to wait for the man to call him again to ask how he was brought back… but his curiosity overwhelmed his patience. A couple of calls ensued and now a batch of brokers loyal to Dio had been dispatched to check the current situation in the city.

With time now becoming the only obstacle, the priest returned to his duties without spending a word on the matter with anyone else for the next few days. Many of the people that would visit his Church for the functions would be baffled by the jovial mood of the usually stoic man.

If only they knew that this man of God received word from his deity… the poor disbelievers.

-----------d-d-d-d------------d-d-d-d--------

AN

Dropping a little teaser on Dio’s plans. The reason why he lost certainty in his plan to keep longer will be explained in the next chapter… with a battle.

I’m sorry if I’m delaying the big chapter, but today I had written a big chapter for another story already and… I went through 6k+ words of Lemons. I really need to unwind my brain after that and I don’t wish to taint the chapter with my current headache.

Still… Pucci and Rin. One can wonder if it will end like it had with Canon Kotomine or actually better for… one of the two. The sequel sure is going to be shaped to be a bombshell for the timeline.

3. Extras: Interlude 3: Red Lock Unraveled
    JBukharin

Interlude 3: Red Lock Unraveled

These few days had been fairly unpleasant for one Sola-Ui.

After being spared from the atrocious death the blond monster had bestowed to both Lancer and his Master, the red-haired woman had kept low and away from any major events unfolding in Fuyuki. She had still looked for anything interesting on the matter and she was impressed by the way this mysterious Servant was disrupting most of the balance that had existed until Kayneth’s horrifying execution.

Nonetheless, the sight had given her a mix of emotions that had kept her from going for anything too bold or too dangerous, her brain geared to get through the task that the terrible bastard had bestowed to her to get through today. Reach the location provided by the temporary sea-monster familiar that had found her by one of the alleys in the city and… get done with that simple task that was going to free her from any obligations over the war.

Without anyone holding her tied to this unpleasant city, the best decision would be to return back to Clock Tower and face some unflattering developments that her lone return would definitely bring to the stability of its society. The news of the death of a leader of a family that didn’t have a sure heir to continue the main line was going to severely hamper the dominance of the Aristocratic Faction, while also opening up a distasteful front for the Archibald family against those that were easily going to tear through their vulnerable positions now that there was no major obstacle holding them at bay.

The scenario was ugly, but not as ugly as what might happen to Sola-Ui the moment her brother, the current heir of the Nuada-Re family, decided to cut her off from receiving any support from them. It was a strong possibility since she could have easily been accused of sabotaging the efforts of her late fiance, and, at this very point, it had been clear that Bram wasn’t going to grant her any grace and spare her from being banished.

The stakes were high, and there was no major reward beyond living after that very day. She just couldn’t believe how unfair things were for her. Sure, she wasn’t the best among people, and even with her pedigree, she knew that her enemies weren’t just going to spare her because of her last name. No, the redhead was mostly angry at the fact that, despite her group having enjoyed a good position where to strike, her fiance had to keep from making any significant attempts during the competition. After the battle at the docks, which had been particularly disappointing on her side’s circumstances, things had been so stale and so disappointing.

There had been numerous chances to attack and actually win against the people they were once competing against. It would have made so much sense and left her in less than a foul mood. But no, she had to live with the fact that Kayneth had to play things slow and get himself stuck in a position where he was capable of handling just a good part of the possible attackers coming at him.

Defense might be the best way to begin a successful offensive, but to arrogantly assuming that he was ready to face everything just felt… stupid. Despite her belief that normal Magi would have seriously lost against her dead fiance’s plans, that didn’t mean that she was completely trusting of it with every possible eventuality.

Sola-Ui expected Lancer to make up for this very issue since the Servant had proved to be a capable warrior. What she hadn’t expected was for their foe to have an ability that made him nigh-impossible to beat. It was preposterous to even imagine what kind of magic was in play, and yet she was certain the range of possibilities lied over three options: space-related magecraft, time-related magecraft, or even something tied to the Second Magic.

Despite this, the circumstances were way too clear for her to just ignore. The woman had to comply with the demands imposed by the bastard and then, maybe, she would be granted the chance of being spared of a sudden death. Beyond the current fear of losing most of her privileges the moment she was back in London, she doubted that things were going to go any worse than that.

Still, the redhead didn’t have much of a choice over her current task. She knew that the malicious Servant knew how to track her down, just like one of his familiars had managed to find where she had been hiding this whole time. Not the brightest section of the city, but hypnosis on a young man living alone in the city and making him believe that she was his cousin from Ireland seemed to be enough to give her proper shelter until that very point.

Now it was the time for her to get going and… face some of the worst days in her entire existence. The location she eventually found her gaze gracing ended up being an old warehouse near the southern section of the city’s outskirts. Not too distant from the center, but still a little far from the local docks.

The young woman was standing in front of the main entrance when she noticed an old man chatting quite animatedly by the doorstep with a younger fellow, this one wearing a full-body uniform. Instead of lingering around like a complete moron, Sola-Ui decided to approach the two and see if she could get done with this.

“Excuse me, I don’t wish to intrude but… I require some assistance.”

The elder’s attention was quickly aimed at her, and so was the younger man’s.

“Sure thing, young lady. How may we help you?”

The red-haired woman sighed. “I was told that Jotaro Kujo is currently in this place. I have urgent news I need to provide him at once.”

“Truly?” The old man hummed. “Is it something about the… War?”

Oh, so this man was also aware of the situation unfolding in the city? Then again, he was bearing a certain resemblance with the Master of Caster.

“That would be correct, yes,” She replied with a nod. “And it’s imperative I privately speak with him about this.”

“Well, it might take a while since something… unpleasant happened. But I believe he can receive you after a while. I hope you are not working on small time here.”

The redhead wanted to say yes, but, then again, it was best to not rush things out of her own interests to bail from Fuyuki at once.

“None at all.”

She was led inside the warehouse, and showed a small part of the place through the main hallway that saw her reach the main, mostly unused area of the massive building. In there, what looked to be something close to a living room with some machines around and… two individuals

His red hair was a little darker in shade than hers, and his frame was at least twice hers. Yep, Rider was a behemoth despite how she had imagined him being just a little taller and bulkier. Now that he was in his proximity, she could tell that he was much more than just this. Then her gaze moved to the less threatening but definitely the most dangerous element of the duo considering the potential granted by his Command Seals.

Waver Velvet looked particularly weary as he studied her with a distrusting glance. Not that he was without reason to keep away from her range and to use his own Servants as a protection token against her. She could still not believe her own luck in finding him in this place. Or lack of, depending how things were at the moment with the individual she ended up finding. One of the students (or rather former students) to her now deceased fiance, and the one that particularly gained the hatred of his former teacher, Waver was far from stupid.

The young woman remembered the rants granted by Kayneth about the ‘thief’ and ‘pest’, and how those were quick to grate her nerves with how annoying and unimportant those felt to the overall situation of the Holy Grail War.

She could also remember seeing Kayneth grading some of the youth’s work with instantaneous negative connotations, when she herself had to genuinely praise some of the logic used by the young man. Sure, Waver’s perspective on Magic and its inheritance process was wrong and built on simple mistakes, but it was also true that she couldn’t recall herself making this kind of advanced studies until she turned seventeen.

There was no doubt in her mind that, if Kayneth had been less fierce on denigrating the student for his upbringing, many things would have gone differently for them. With Waver not needing to prove a point to his now-dead teacher, Rider would have been Kayneth’s Servant, and, without any single doubt.

But now that she looked closer at Waver, the young man trying his best to appear tough, but failing with how adorable he looked with his slender frame and his unblemished face. Her face was graced with a tiny blush as she felt the prolonged staring somewhat embarrassing. She had just lost her fiance, and now her gaze was mesmerized by the youthful and kind of cute boy that was trying his best to not crack under her gaze. Despite that silent reunion, her attention was mostly taken away to another individual, this one arriving slowly from another room while being helped by his serious-looking Servant.

Jotaro Kujo looked tired, his posture, once imposing and particularly threatening from this close, felt slightly weakened by what looked to have been a direct attack against him. The young woman’s eyes paused over the barely visible bandages that she could see on beyond his coat and shirt. Sola-Ui was no doctor, but she had a fair understanding that the one behind the physically-inflicted wounds was none other than the man that had given her this simple task to accomplish.

And now, she was one step close to true freedom. Or at least that’s what she hoped for this to be the case. The young woman waited for the marine biologist to be set on the seat in front of hers, to give him the chance of being relaxed on the matter they were now going to thread about.

“The old man said that you had something to say,” Jotaro spoke neutrally, yet a degree of aggressiveness manifested with each word. “And I can tell that it’s not anything to be happy about. Speak.”

The voice, the determination, was still there despite the injuries the man had sustained quite recently. Now it was her turn to speak and offer the reason behind her current visit, hoping that it wasn’t going to see her hurt or even killed because of it.

“Dio said that… he wishes to talk to you,” Sola-Ui began with a nervous tone. “To offer you a conversation devoid of aggression to address some ‘common concerns’ regarding this War and mentioning that there shall be no trickery until a grave issue he has found is solved properly.

WHAT?!” Joseph Joestar asked, his shock evident in his voice and expression as he manifested a thought that was shared by the rest of the room.

Dio wanted a… truce?!?

------------d-d-d-d-----------d-d-d-d---------

AN

I know, I know- I promised a big chapter this time and I can tell some are going to be annoyed at the curve ball that is this interlude but… I have two big reasons to pull this sudden move:

1) (The ‘Within My hands’ reason) I had to place a small section to explain what happens next without taking too much time out of the next chapter. As I said, lots of action;

2) (The ‘Out of my hands’ reason) Today my town was hit by a blackout that started from 9 and ended at 16. While this might not seem much, it does since I usually start writing at 13, just after I’m done with Lunch. Now, with just four hours to get something out (at best) and since I usually take a little more than six hour to get a proper chapter out, you can see that I had a tough call to make: A) Skip the update today and wait two more weeks (making it close to a month since last update), or I uploaded this interlude and get things prepared for some crazy stuff to come.

I don’t like making brick walls in AN since I know many individuals just don’t like to have this stuff there but… I had to bring up why things are as they are, and I hope you all understand that I didn’t have much of a choice beyond deciding how much I had to disappoint with this update. Next time I will make things up with some serious fighting- Caster is getting her big scene!

Steve_Amentia, Sorhun, Bruh and 4 others like this.
  4. Extras: Art - Jotaro and Lil' Sakura
    JBukharin

I just discovered that someone commissioned the drawing of a scene from this story between Jotaro and little Sakura! Kudos to Alex-kellar and the commissioner, SPRTN. I hope they see this, if not I will mention them next chapter in FFN.
    [​IMG]