1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We have added another rule, please check the Rules post for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Due to some issues with Freenode, the QQ IRC Channel is moving. See here for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Faust (Original)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by ShellOG, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Threadmarks: Main
    ShellOG

ShellOG I trust you know where the happy button is?

Faust
    One bite at a time.

--------

Summary

Faust follows Sierra Winters, a convict that has been released from prison to only die a few weeks later. This is a dark and twisted tale about a vampire rising from the ashes into absolute power.

Warning: Contains very little graphic sexual content, pervasive graphic violence, and harsh language.

--------

Author Notes

The reason why I’m posting this story here in the quest section instead of the other forum is because I wish to allow readers to choose where the story leads to. Keep in mind that the story will be villainous/neutral in nature, so this isn't going to be a choose your own adventure. Chapters will be around 800 to 1500 words long each, it all depends on my mood. This story may be posted on word press as a web serial at a later time. I am intending to follow the forum rules, If I do accidentally break one, please let me know immediately via private message. This story is pure fiction and all names, places, etc are just based upon my imagination. Grammatical and tense errors are to be expected. Please keep that in mind before crucifying me. And yes, I will at times revise the story to make sure it makes sense with the ongoing plot.

--------

Table of Contents

Please use the threadmark.

--------

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  2. Threadmarks: Chapter 1
    ShellOG

Chapter 1

“What do you mean you won’t let me in?” the arrogant man questioned.

Another schmuck, who thought that anyone could enter into Club Snow. When will they ever learn?

“Sir, you are no on the list. Now, please exit the line,” I said.

“Look again; I’m definitely on the list. You are looking for Vince Royland, right?” he asked, pointing at the clip on board I had in my hand.

I did not need him to tell me how to do my job, but I pretended to look at the short list again and then said, “Sir, like I said earlier, you are not on the list. Now, exit the line, you are making other patrons wait on you.”

He looked like an overgrown toddler in a foul mood.

“You’re making a mistake,” he said and then dared to point at me.

I don’t make mistakes.

I got closer to him, straightened up, gave him my classic murder look and then he backed off.

Fucking punk.

He changed his expression soon enough and took a step back. He was with some blonde bimbo and she didn’t seem impressed with him either.

While she looked like a cliched gold digger, she did have a small cute voice. “Come on dear; let’s go to Steel’s instead.”

He didn’t say anything; he just grabbed her like a child and then walked away with his toy. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and looked at the time to see that it was just 11 pm.

I had scored this decent job from one of my friends on the inside. She said that she knew the owner’s cousin or something like that and said that since I was such a loyal friend, she would do me a favor. Protecting her from the other animals was something I could do and I wanted to be pleased from time and time again. One could only exercise so much.

Sure this was a nice gig but it had its up’s and down’s, just like any other job.

Oh, and it looked like one of the up’s were walking towards me right now. Frank, the so-called cousin that interviewed me was walking towards the club’s entrance. He had his usual entourage with him but I paid them no mind. Frank looked like a juiced up boxer but that's what I enjoyed about him. The fact that he was wearing a nice Italian suit that seemed to have been made just for him was just a bonus. While his friends were dressed similarly, they just didn’t have that gritty look on them.

I moved towards the side to let Frank and his friends enter the club.

Another prick was now in front of me and he had the gall to say, “Hey! Why do they,” he pointed, “get to skip the line?”

Oren, one of Frank’s friends, looked at me and I knew what he wanted me to do.

“You are now banned for the rest of the year, get out of the line.”

By the time the idiot’s face turned red, Frank and his friends were already inside.

“Why!” he yelled in anger, his face wrinkling up.

“Sir, get out of the line.”

His friends looked like they were trying to get him to back off, but he dared to get closer to me.

“Who do you think you are bitch? Do you know who I am!?” he asked.

I don’t care who you are.

I really wanted to grab his neck and lift him up, but I promised Frank that I wouldn’t cause any unnecessary violence.

I looked at him and said, “Get out of line, or do you need me to help you?”

He seemed to defuse a bit and then stormed off without his friends. They collectively apologized to me and asked me if they were banned as well. When I had said that they were not, they said sorry once more before leaving to find their friend.

The next person in line looked like a complete prick with a smug look but he was on the list. He was dressed a little too casual for the club but I didn’t say anything. He came with some uppity girl and after inspecting their id’s, I had to inspect their bodies for anything illegal. After double checking both of them, I let them through.

There was always another bouncer inside the club as well and before anyone could enter, they would receive the same hands on treatment before they could even enter. The whole setup was a little strange and was practically set to a nuclear level of paranoia but Frank had said long ago that this was to make sure no one did anything criminal within the club. I didn’t really understand his logic but he was the boss.

When it turned midnight, no one was allowed in the club but I was still on the clock until six am. The club was technically open until five but they wanted to give guests some time to leave without them being pressured.

“It’s twelve now, no one can enter the club,” I shouted to let the patrons know that waiting wasn’t going to do them any good.

Everyone grumbled out their annoyance but no one caused any trouble. Most decided to wander off but a few decided to light a smoke up on the side with their group of friends to find another club to get into.

I however had to stand at the door for another six hours, which was going to get boring. After some time, everyone had finally left.

This is going to suck.

I spent the rest of the time collecting my thoughts and trying to organize what I had to do when I got back into my apartment. As time passed by, several people left the club. Around five am, Frank and his friends decided to leave the club. I saw them walking towards the door, whispering to each other.

Just when I was to acknowledge them, I heard the car. I knew that sound because I had made it in the past.

A drive by. Shit!

I knew there was no time to tell Frank and his friends to move away from the entrance, so I jumped towards the door and blocked it. It was fun though because the next moment, all I heard and saw was the rain of bullets hit me all over. After a moment though, the bullets stopped and all I heard was thunder around me.

Fuck, this is how I die?

--------

[X] No Choices For This Chapter

3. Threadmarks: Chapter 2
    ShellOG

Chapter 2

Waking up in a metallic box was not what I expected heaven to be. I thought perhaps I was going to meet the big guy and then tell him to suck my imaginary cock. Or perhaps get the good ol' get burned in Hell for eternity deal. While I was most likely entitled for the latter afterlife and nowhere near the first, I was confused about my current predicament.

I tried to speak and hopefully get someone's attention but all the came out from my mouth was a grunt and cough. Then I felt pain all over my body and that comedic fun kept going on for I swear on the holy text, a solid three hours. Honestly, I didn't know what was worse, all the bruises I had earned as a teen or what I was feeling now.

I tried to move but could not. That went on for a while, well all until the pain grew too much. At some point I blacked out.

I woke up mumbling something and felt a thick liquid roll down my throat. I knew what it was instantly but the pain started to fade so I didn't question it. Nor did I really want to comprehend what was happening.

Why question a good thing. It was a good thing, right?

I fell asleep after that and then woke up when I heard some noise. I waited for the noise to continue but as soon as I wanted to hear what it was, everything went quiet.

Where am I? How am I even breathing in this box? Wait… didn't I die? Perhaps all those bullets missed me and I went into some sort of shock.

While I couldn't see that well in the box, well to be precise not at all, I had enough room to feel myself. I froze when I realized that I could move. I started to explore myself and when I felt my smooth skin, I realized that I was naked. I touched my face to see if there was anything broken but I….I fell asleep.

I didn't know how long I had slept this time but when I woke up, I was hungry. No, that wasn't quite the proper word to express just how empty my stomach was. If there was a cow in front of me, I could have easily devoured it.

I tried to pound on the box but all it did was make ringing noises around me, which got quite irritating to I stopped after a few hits. I thought back onto how I had got here and then remembered falling down hard on my face. I touched my nose to see just how badly damaged it was and when it felt fine I relaxed.

No broken nose at least.

When I remembered about what I had been fed earlier my stomach grumbled. I didn't know exactly what was going on but I felt weak. I had seen plenty of movies to realize where I was but not being buried six feet under confused me.

Maybe the movies were wrong? Maybe I'm in a coma?

A few hours later or silence, I heard some noises again. This time though, I heard clearly.

“No, no, you can't do this-” someone yelled before being cut off by a loud thud.

I was wondering what they were talking about, well, all until the lid on the box I was in opened up. I felt the sting of light hit my eyes, which made me curse. I tried to block the light with my hands but that didn't help. I got up and tried to get out of the box but I fell on the floor. I groaned in pain, looked around and saw that I was in some sort of concrete room. The room was quite bare, with nothing else in it but the metal coffin I had been in.

The other person in the room was a naked white male. He reminded me of one of the pricks that had tried to enter...enter...I...couldn't stop myself. I walked towards the thing in the in room trying to protect himself in a corner.

“Stay back! Stay back,” he yelled.

I didn't know what he expected but a punch was definitely not it. I hit him over and over on the face until he went into a fetal position. When he was on the floor, I kneeled down and bit into his neck. My body had taken over but it wasn't like I had lost all control. He tried to push me off him but I held him down.

As soon as his blood first hit my throat, all I felt was a deep wave building within me. I drank until I felt clear headed but I wanted more. It wasn't enough. He wasn't enough. I drank all until he dried up into a husk like creature.

When I finished, I fell down on my ass. I was tired and I definitely wanted to go back to sleep. That had took a lot out of me. The lights started to dim as if the person who made me this way knew exactly what I wanted to do next. I went back into the coffin a little dazed and then slept.

I didn't know how long I had slept this time either but when I woke up, the coffin's top was open. I was in a completely different room. It was somewhat Spartan looking but there was a queen like bed. Fancy silk bed sheets for the bed, a large desk with a modern computer and some other furniture in the room. I looked down to see myself dressed up in a simple black dress.

Who dressed me up?

I explored the room for a bit before I heard a knock.

Is this a joke?

They had stripped me naked, made me into a vampire and now modesty was something that they were trying to consider?

“Enter,” I said.

I didn't know who I expected but if I didn't seem surprised it was because I wasn't. Frank entered the room and sat down on a chair and told me to join him. I wanted to know what was going on, so I did as told. As time passed by, I got a little nervous.

What the hell is he waiting for?

“You don't have any questions?” he asked.

--------

Choices

Keep in mind that this character is inherently neutral/villainous, so the choices present will reflect that.

1. How does Sierra feel about being a vampire?
    [ ] Pissed but will deal with it.
    [ ] Doesn't mind actually.
    [ ] Happy, she get's to live forever.
    [ ] Gratitude towards her marker but that is all.

2. How does Sierra feel about drinking blood?
    [ ] Neutral.
    [ ] Loves the taste but nothing more.
    [ ] Addicted.

3. How does Sierra feel about killing the human?
    [ ] Angry for losing control so easily.
    [ ] Regrets killing him but she was really, really hungry.
    [ ] Neutral.
    [ ] Why are we talking about food?

4. How will Sierra react to Frank's question?
    [ ] She will be patient and try to find out all there is to being a vampire.
    [ ] She will be arrogant and question everything.
    [ ] Other?

4. Threadmarks: Chapter 3
    ShellOG

1. How does Sierra feel about being a vampire?
    Doesn’t mind actually.

2. How does Sierra feel about drinking blood?oices
    Neutral.

3. How does Sierra feel about killing the human?
    Angry for losing control so easily.

4. How will Sierra react to Frank’s question?
    She will be patient and try to find out all there is to being a vampire.

--------

Chapter 3

"Sure, I have plenty of questions but I’ll let you do the talking," I said respectfully.

He smirked and then asked me a question I didn’t think he’d be so blunt about.

"Are you still thirsty?" he asked.

I wasn’t exactly sure how I felt about drinking blood. Sure it tasted delicious but that didn’t mean much for me. My life hadn’t been all that spectacular but that didn’t mean that I was going to be some sort of homicidal maniac thirsting for blood whenever I got a little parched.

Instead of saying no, I closed my eyes and tried to feel if I still needed to drink anything. When I did indeed feel a little off, I nodded.

He didn’t nod back.

"Sure, we can do that. Your new, so I’ll send in for some O negative and we’ll go from there," he said neutrally.

I waited for him to continue.

"Now, I’ll explain what’s going on Sierra," he asked before mmaking himself a little bit more comfortable in the chair.

I nodded again to let him know to continue.

"As you can see, we are what you would call a vampire. We can eat, drink and even go outside during the day," he said before smiling at my shocked expression.

Duh, he was outside during the day when I got my job from him.

"But there’s a catch," he said ignoring my expressive face.

"We cannot get direct sunlight to touch our skin and after a certain amount of time, longer if you are older, we will die. Not as in boom, we don’t spontaneously combust like in most supernatural films. You will just simply drop dead and die," he said pausing before continuing.

"You’ll need to drink blood every day to survive and in your case, a little more than a usual child. Do you have any questions so far?"

Everything he had said so far sounded extremely similar to the movies, even if he wanted to deny it.

"No, please continue," I said calmly.

"You will be faster, stronger and can sense a little more than a regular human at their peak but that doesn’t mean you're invincible. You can die quite easily. Losing your head is quite fatal. Getting burned alive is bearable if just that. Iron and not silver bullets can weaken you but that doesn't mean you will be immobile. The more Iron in you though, the higher chance you have at losing your supernatural abilities. But you do have some positives, one being you have a special ability." he said smiling.

A special ability? Like what?

He saw my confused expression and then continued.

"For example, I can move faster than other vampires in my, let’s call age. Though keep in mind that you can only do your talent for a few minutes constantly at best. The other you get though, the longer you can use your ability and the stronger they get. This isn’t an exact science and while I can’t wait to see what your ability is, remember that the longer you keep it a secret, the better it is for you. While you are now part of the Dumond family, that doesn’t mean that some other child won’t want to kill you. Do you have any questions?"

--------

Choices

Short chapter, I know, but I wanted to make sure that the story is ‘player’ driven. If I continued this, a lot of those choices will be out of 'your' hand.

1. Which questions should she ask? (Multiple votes are acceptable)
    [ ] Why did you turn me into a vampire?
    [ ] Who are you, really?
    [ ] Just what exactly is the Dumond family?
    [ ] Will a wooden stake neutralize me?
    [ ] Why do I need to drink more than other vampires?
    [ ] She won’t ask a single question.
    [ ] All questions please.

2. What is Sierra's weakness? (Long term, will be specific later on)

[ ] She needs to get these random agressive moments. She will become a bit unstable.
    [ ] Make her lose her mind slowly. She will become paranoid.
    [ ] Eh, she’s fine. Leave her alone!
    [ ] Other?

3. Is Sierra too meek?
    [ ] Yes, she's way too naive and accepting. Make her become more active.
    [ ] No, she's fine.
    [ ] Other?

5. redaeth

redaeth Stubborn pedantrist

[X] Why did you turn me into a vampire?
    [X] Why do I need to drink more than other vampires?
    [X] What is the typical lifespan for a vampire.

[X] Eh, she’s fine. Leave her alone!

[X] No, she's fine.

6. Smyter

Smyter Versed in the lewd.

[X] What should I do as a new vampire?
    [X] Tell me about other vampires.
    -[X] How common are vampires?
    -[X] What is the vampire community like?

[X] No, she's fine.

There are a lot of questions that I want to ask, but I think we only need to ask a few. We need to learn about ourselves. Specific qualities of our existence are needed to plan for the future. Knowledge of the vampire community is also important. These things are necessary to make long term plans.

7. mizzet

mizzet Connoisseur.

[X] What should I do as a new vampire?
    [X] Tell me about other vampires.
    -[X] How common are vampires?
    -[X] What is the vampire community like?

[X] No, she's fine.