1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fictional reality

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Alok, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Alok

Alok Know what you're doing yet?

Reincarnated as a gamer in a Medieval hellhole, I try to change the narrative for the best.

2. Threadmarks: Chapter 1
    Alok

Waking up covered in dirt and grime, smelling pungent after dying was an odd experience. As I looked around, I noticed a strange icon blinking in front of me.
    Concentrating on it, the icon transformed into a translucent screen that moved with my vision, displaying my status as a gamer named Anubis Metz.

My body had been replaced by this gamer's body, which allowed me to live life like in a video game and logically think through events with immunity to mind effects.
    Along with my stats and skills, I also received a quest alert, which tasked me with finding out where I was and acquiring a weapon.

As I pondered my situation, I realized that I needed to act fast to complete my objectives and earn the reward of 300 XP and a skill book.

But first, I needed to ask around and gather clues about my location. Hopefully, I could also complete the secondary objective and earn the bonus reward of 200 XP.

I stood up and brushed off the dirt from my clothes, looking around me to gather any information I could find. I saw that I was in a forest, but I didn't recognize the trees or the vegetation around me. As I began walking, I spotted a small village in the distance and headed toward it.

As I entered the village, I could see people going about their daily routines. I approached a group of people and asked if they knew where I was. They looked at me in confusion and replied that I was in the Kingdom of Westeros, not far from King's Landing.

That was strange. I had heard of Westeros before, but only in books and video games. As I tried to make sense of my situation, I remembered the quest alert and started asking around about a weapon. After a few inquiries, I was directed to a blacksmith in the village who could help me.
    I walked over to the blacksmith and paid him two silvers.

He nodded at my request and handed me the sword, saying that it was a good weapon to have in these uncertain times. As I took the sword, I noticed that it was well-crafted and felt comfortable in my grip.

With a weapon in hand, I started to focus on the main objective - finding out where I was. I asked around some more, and someone told me that the Battle of the Trident was happening soon. That meant I was in the middle of Robert's Rebellion.

I knew that the Battle of the Trident was a significant event, but I didn't know where it was happening. I decided to head towards King's Landing, hoping to gather more information along the way.
    As I traveled towards King's Landing, I encountered a group of soldiers who were heading to the Trident to fight in the rebellion. They were surprised to see me without any armor or a banner, and I explained that I was just a traveler trying to make sense of my surroundings. Finding my accent in line with what was saying they left me alone.

One of the soldiers, a grizzled veteran, took pity on me and offered to teach me some martial skills. He handed me a book that contained knowledge of several fighting styles and told me that it would come in handy if I ever found myself in a fight.

Grateful for the gift, I continued on my journey toward King's Landing. As I entered the city, I could sense the tension in the air. The city was preparing for the arrival of the Lannisters, who were rumored to be sacking the city.

As I made my way through the streets, I heard a commotion and followed the sound of a group of men who were getting ready to storm in with the Mountain to kill the queen and her children.
    A new quest appeared on my screen, tasking me with rescuing Ellia Martell and her children from the Mountain's clutches.
    The secondary objective was to kill the Mountain, who had a reputation for being nearly invincible.

I knew that this task was going to be difficult, but I had come this far, and I was determined to see it through. I followed the men and saw that they were making their way toward a tower in the distance.

As I approached the tower, I could see the Mountain standing guard at the entrance. He was a massive man, towering over everyone around him, with a face that looked like it had been chiseled from stone. I knew that I had to be careful if I wanted to take him down.

I decided to sneak past the soldiers and make my way inside the tower. As I entered the tower, I could hear the cries of Ellia and her children. I knew that I had to act fast if I wanted to save them.
    I crept up the stairs, trying to stay as quiet as possible. When I reached the top floor, I saw the Mountain standing over Ellia and her children, ready to strike them down with his massive sword.
    Without hesitation, I charged toward the Mountain and swung my sword at him. To my surprise, the sword struck true, and the Mountain stumbled back, surprised by my attack. I knew that I had to keep pressing my advantage if I wanted to take him down.

We exchanged blows, and I could feel my skills improving with each strike. It was like I was in a video game, leveling up as I fought. Finally, I saw my opportunity and struck the Mountain down.
    As the Mountain fell, I could feel a rush of energy coursing through my body.

The secondary objective had been completed, and I had earned the bonus reward of 200 XP. But there was no time to celebrate, as Ellia and her children were still in danger.

Looking for feedback, the story is on RR if you want a glimpse of the future. Updates here will be a 1 chapter back of what is posted there. There will be changes between this version and that as I improve my writing skills.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2023
  3. Threadmarks: Chapter 2
    Alok

As we sailed away from King's Landing, I couldn't shake the feeling that there was something else I needed to do.

Then it hit me: the wildfire stashes. The Mad King Aerys had hidden them throughout the city, and if they were left unchecked, they could quickly finish the lacking of the city by the lannisters.

I explained my plan to the princess, and she agreed that it was the right thing to do. We docked the boat near the city and made our way to the nearest stash.

Using my Gamer map, I was able to locate and ignite the wildfire stashes, one by one. It was a dangerous task, and I had to fight off several Lannister soldiers who had caught wind of my plan.

But I persevered, and soon the entire city was ablaze with the green flames of a wildfire. With the stashes destroyed, I fled the city as quickly as I could, making our way to the safety of Dorne.

As we sailed away, I couldn't help but think about the impact of my actions. I had saved the princess and her children, killed the Mountain, and prevented the Sacking of the city. But at what cost? The rebellion would rage on, and many more lives would be lost.

But for now, we were safe, and that was all that mattered. We continued our journey, unsure of what the future held, but I was ready to face it.

As we sailed away from the burning city of King's Landing, I couldn't help but feel a sense of relief. The mission was complete, and the princess and her children were safe. But as we sailed towards the open sea, a drone ship suddenly appeared on the horizon.

At first, I was hesitant to approach it, not knowing if it was friend or foe. But as it drew closer, I could see that it was a ship from the Dornish fleet. They had come to offer their assistance, offering to take the princess and her children to safety in Dorne.

I could sense the fear and uncertainty in the princess's eyes. She had already been through so much, and the thought of leaving her home behind must have been overwhelming. But at the same time, I knew that it was for the best. The Dornish were our allies, and they would keep her safe from harm.

After a brief conversation with the Dornish captain, we came to an agreement. They would take the princess and her children to Dorne, where they would be safe from harm.

It was a relief to know that they were in good hands, and I couldn't help but feel a sense of gratitude towards the Dornish.

But as they prepared to disembark, the captain turned to me and asked if I wanted to join them. It was a tempting offer.

After all, I had just risked my life to save the princess and her children. I could use a break from all the danger and excitement.

But deep down, I knew that my work was not done. There were still many battles to be fought, many enemies to face. I couldn't just run away and hide, not when there was so much at stake.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2023
  4. Threadmarks: Chapter 3
    Alok

NED STARK POV
    I was making my way toward King's Landing when I saw the smoke rising above the city. My heart sank as I realized that something terrible had happened. The closer I got to the city, the more I could feel the heat of the flames and the smell of burning wood and flesh.
    As I rode through the gates, I could see that the city was in chaos. The streets were filled with people running and screaming, and buildings were collapsing in flames. I saw the Red Keep in the distance, and I knew that I had to get there as quickly as possible.
    As I rode towards the castle, I saw Jaime Lannister on the ground, his golden armor stained with blood. I dismounted my horse and rushed over to him, trying to assess his injuries. He was badly wounded, but still conscious. He told me that he had tried to stop the Mad King from setting fire to the city, but it was too late. The king had already ordered the pyromancers to ignite the hidden caches of wildfire throughout the city, including those under the Red Keep.
    I could feel the weight of what he was saying as I looked out at the city, now engulfed in flames. I knew that we had to get out of there before it was too late. I helped Jaime to his feet, and we stumbled towards the castle.
    But it was too late. The wildfire had already reached the Red Keep, and the explosion was deafening. The walls shook, and flames shot out from every window and crevice. I could feel the heat on my face, and I knew that we were doomed.
    We tried to run, but the flames were too intense. Jaime collapsed, and I realized that there was nothing more that I could do for him. I had to save myself. I managed to find a hidden passageway and made my way out of the castle just as the roof collapsed in a fiery explosion.
    As I stumbled out into the daylight, I saw the city burning around me, and I knew that it would never be the same again. The Mad King had destroyed everything in his madness, including Jaime Lannister, a man who had tried to do the right thing, even when it meant going against his own Oaths as a kings guard.

Robert Baratheon POV
    As I rode towards the Trident, I could hear the sounds of battle in the distance. My heart was heavy with the knowledge that many brave men would die today, but duty called and I had to answer.
    As we charged toward the enemy lines, I could see the determination on the faces of my men. They knew that this battle would decide the fate of the Seven Kingdoms and they were willing to lay down their lives for it.
    But as we fought, a rumor began to spread among the troops. A rumor that King Aerys had ordered the burning of King's Landing, killing thousands of innocent people. I refused to believe it at first, thinking it was just another one of those war-time rumors.
    But as the battle raged on, I could see the smoke rising in the distance. I knew that it was not just a rumor, that King's Landing was truly burning.
    My heart sank as I thought of the innocent lives lost, the women and children trapped in the flames. And then I heard the rumors of Jamie Lannister, the Kingslayer, the one who had sworn to protect the city and the king forced to kill the king due to his madness but he ultimately failed.
    As the battle came to an end, I couldn't help but feel a sense of sadness and anger at the destruction of King's Landing.

5. Alok

As the Boat rocks on the ocean waves I decide to pass the time by finishing a dungeon in this case the first dungeon which would contain goblins as I press the create ID: Goblin Cave, text in front of me my environment breaks and I am in front of a cave in the middle of a forest instead of the boat in the ocean.
    As I entered the cave, my gamer's mind went into overdrive. The dimly lit caverns were full of surprises, and I knew I had to be prepared for anything. My gamer map was already displaying the twists and turns of the tunnels, and I took a moment to memorize the layout.
    Suddenly, I was ambushed by a group of goblins. They rushed at me from all sides, their crude weapons held high. But I was ready for them. I used my gamer mind to stay focused and my natural regenerative abilities to heal any injuries I sustained.
    I moved quickly, striking out at the goblins with my sword. They were small and nimble, but I was able to keep up with their movements, taking them down one by one. As I fought, I could feel my strength increasing with each blow, and I knew I had the upper hand.
    I methodically went on to dismantle the enemy making sure each dead end was empty and I could not be ambushed in the future. As I move through the cave finally i entered what appeared to be an empty room.
    But then, I heard the sound of a goblin chieftain approaching. I readied myself for the battle to come, knowing this would be the toughest fight yet.
    The chieftain was larger than the other goblins, with powerful arms and a vicious snarl. He charged at me with his spear held high, but I was able to dodge his attacks and strike back with my sword.
    The battle raged on for what felt like hours. The chieftain was relentless, but I was determined to come out on top. I used my gamer mind to stay focused and my natural healing abilities to keep myself going.
    Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the chieftain fell to the ground, defeated.
    I emerged from the cave victorious, feeling a sense of satisfaction that only a gamer could understand.
    Once I am outside the cave my surroundings break again and I am on the boat again but it is night time looking at the gamer map I see that I still have ways tot go to reach the north so I get comfortable taking out one of the glow stones I had taken from the cave to light the boat up,and relax finally falling asleep.
    When I wake it is with the sound of seagulls and what looks like land in the distance deciding that I still have ways to go I get comfortable.
    As I consider my options on what to do, my mind drifts to the dungeon I had explored the night before. I remember the thrill of discovery as I uncovered new treasures and battled fierce foes. I feel a sense of excitement and anticipation building within me, and I decide to take advantage of this momentum.
    I quickly create a new ID, This one features a castle filled with orcs. I know that this will be a challenging level, but I also know that if I can succeed in defeating the orcs, it will be a significant boost to my skills and confidence.
    my surroundings shift once again, and I find myself standing in front of a massive castle. The stench of sweat and blood is strong in the air, and I can hear the distant roar of angry orcs.
    I draw out the sword I found in the chest yesterday, feeling its weight in my hand. The sword is old and rusted, but it still feels sharp enough to do some damage. I prepare myself for battle, taking a deep breath and steeling myself for what's to come.
    As I enter the castle of orcs, I see a group of them gathered around a fire in the center of the room. They look up as I enter, snarling and baring their teeth. I can feel their hostility, their desire to attack and overpower me. I grip my sword tighter and take a step forward.
    The orcs charge at me, their weapons raised high. I dodge to the side, narrowly avoiding their swings. I swing my sword at the nearest orc, but it clangs against its armor and barely makes a dent. I realize that these orcs are heavily armored and will be difficult to take down.
    I back away from the orcs, looking for a way out. I notice a narrow staircase leading up to a higher level of the castle. I make a run for it, dodging the orcs' swings as I go. I reach the staircase and start to climb, hoping to find a vantage point from which to attack the orcs.
    As I climb the stairs, I can hear the orcs' footsteps pounding behind me. I reach the top of the stairs and turn around, swinging my sword at the first orc that comes into view.
    The battle is fierce, and I am forced to use all of my skills to survive. But with each orc that falls, I feel a surge of power and confidence coursing through me. I Push myself to the limit, refusing to give up until every last orc is defeated.
    Finally, after what feels like hours of intense fighting, I stand victorious amidst the ruins of the orc castle. I am battered and bruised but also exhilarated by my success.
    I return to the ship, feeling more powerful and prepared than ever before. I know that the road ahead will be difficult, but I am ready to face whatever challenges come my way.

Ben black145 and Shadow8ting like this.
  6. Mastersgt

Mastersgt Experienced.

Dunno about anyone else, but I can't read this as-is. What with the Wall of text. Need to break that up more.

7. Venyr4434

Venyr4434 Well worn.

Yeah, Spacing OP, spacing. It's not pretty on the eyes and hard to read.

BJJPanda and kraryal like this.
  8. Webrr

Webrr Getting sticky.

My eyes!! :confused::confused:
    Please add some space.

kraryal and Venyr4434 like this.
  9. Feralgnome

Feralgnome Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

I don't think this right here makes much sense. This is before the printing press, so why would a traveling group of soldiers carry a book and then hand it out to a complete stranger?

How on Earth did the protagonist just waltz in to the city while it's being sacked and then into the Red Keep where he kills The Mountain? And perhaps more importantly, how the hell do they then magically teleport on to a ship?

Why did the protagonist set the wildfire off? Is he a complete psychopath? If so, why did Elia Martell agree with the plan? Granted we don't know much about her, but she does not seem like that sort of person.

Why does Ned Stark magically appear at King's Landing while the battle at the Trident is happening? If there is a time difference it would be appreciated if you indicated it more clearly.

On that note, the Trident is not that close to King's Landing, it's roughly as far from King's Landing as the Trident is from The Twins, which should be several hundred kilometers.

Gaming_Vampyre likes this.
  10. Sakra95

Sakra95 Know what you're doing yet?

So he stopped the sacking by completely burning the city and killing everyone there. He is a bonafide genius.

Alok likes this.
  11. Alok

One thing in almost all fics i read is how kingslanding is a shot hole but inspite of it, it remains the capital so wanted to change the pace

12. Alok

Game mechanics .
    A lot of stealth, It's the sacking a few ships tend to be unused?
    In the book plot Ned stark is only a couple of hours behind lannister.
    Gamer mind's effect he might as well be,
    between certain death and going with a stranger who saved her, which would she choose? It is a definite distraction for the Lannisters.
    Wild fire stashes are very visible when burnt in a series who knew?