1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Flesh and Steel [Worm Tinker Quest]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by OneOfManyEyes, Apr 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Threadmarks: Who Are You?
    OneOfManyEyes

OneOfManyEyes I trust you know where the happy button is?

Life... you have found that it has been little more then a cruel joke. If God existed you were not much more then a dark comedy to him. You are...
    []Greg, you are little more then a socially blind outcast today was a final break in a long system as the horrible popular girls put the only person who is your friend in a coma.
    []Madison, you thought it would be fun to mess with some nobody it would get you into the popular crowd, but it wasn't fun you helped torment someone, and you couldn't say anything. Today was the tipping point you helped put a girl into a coma.
    []Theo, your family is beyond messed up your mom and dad are supervillians and you have to protect you sister from you dad now that your mom is trying to break away from him. You finally broke under the pressure.
    []Sakura, you are an engineering student at Cornell you may have a small ego, but that's just because you are the best there is. You may have been struggling with grades but that is because your professor fucking hates you, after all your the best, and couldn't fail on your own.
    []Nobody?? <Rather then use an existing character create your own.>

Now through this you have found your brain filled with plans and the desire to write them all down is overwhelming. You can see the weaknesses in flesh and you know what to make to replace it.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    Dvm999, Ddmkm122, Ragura and 9 others like this.
  2. OneOfManyEyes

Tinker tree...
    Nuclear Reactor (Internal) {Missing Radiation Shielding}
    Temporal Acceleration Field Nodes {Missing Synchronization}
    Tool Set Arm (Prosthetic) {Missing Arm}
    Artificial Organs (Prosthetic)
    Complex Algorithms (Software)
    Artificial Flesh (Chemical)
    Brain Implants (Internal) (Minor)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    Ddmkm122 and Expo Onethousandone like this.
  3. OneOfManyEyes

Character Sheet
    Name: Sakura
    Sex: Female
    Description: a more or less genius engineering student at Cornell, the best there is. And modest as a fucking saint too.
    Wealth: 2
    [​IMG]
    Charm: 2
    Brute: 2
    Wit: 8
    Speed: 2

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    Ddmkm122, Nyrath, Akuma-Heika and 2 others like this.
  4. OneOfManyEyes

People you know

Name: Lilly Smith
    Sex: Female
    Description: A collage student at Cornell and your room mate until she got on drugs.
    Wealth: -1
    [​IMG]
    Charm: 4-2=2
    Wit: 5-2=3
    Speed: 4-2=2
    Brute: 5-2=3

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  5. OneOfManyEyes

Reserved...

Vote now.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  6. lurkest

lurkest I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X]Sakura, you are an engineering student at Cornell you may have a small ego, but that's just because you are the best there is. You may have been struggling with grades but that is because your professor fucking hates you, after all your the best, and couldn't fail on your own.
    Theo is tempting, though, I will admit.

Ddmkm122, Wheenesss and OneOfManyEyes like this.
  7. Kingreaper

Kingreaper Getting out there.

[X]Madison, you thought it would be fun to mess with some nobody it would get you into the popular crowd, but it wasn't fun you helped torment someone, and you couldn't say anything. Today was the tipping point you helped put a girl into a coma.

Ddmkm122 and OneOfManyEyes like this.
  8. Aileron

Aileron Not too sore, are you?

[X]Sakura, you are an engineering student at Cornell you may have a small ego, but that's just because you are the best there is. You may have been struggling with grades but that is because your professor fucking hates you, after all your the best, and couldn't fail on your own.
    Theo is tempting, though, I will admit.

9. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

[X]Sakura: you are an engineering student at Cornell. You may have a small ego, but that's just because you are the best there is. You may have been struggling with grades, but that is because your professor fucking hates you. After all you're the best, and couldn't fail on your own.

10. Threadmarks: Tinkering Begins
    OneOfManyEyes

[X]Sakura

You couldn't believe it as you stare down at the paper, almost a month of your life, given a B. You put your extremely impressive intellectual power to cracking the assignment, yet your fucking professor knocks you down a letter grade, with stupid ass nitpicking. You slam the papers onto the desk, and wake up drool leaking from your mouth and onto the failures called a project.

You looked down at the paper, and for a moment everything is nonsense. Your mind then starts to sing as if a parade of demons is dancing through your mind via hundreds of ideas. You grab a piece of paper and start furiously writing down the ideas. Hours later as the sun rises you look over the many pages of illegible text and drawn over diagrams. Only one idea is fully coherent, looking over it, it seems to be...
    []Plans for battery that goes inside a person?
    []A monoatomic blade a sheath that fits inside your forarm allowing you to hide it from anyone.
    []A chip that would massively increase your already stellar intelligence.
    []Zooming eyeballs?
    []Body armor that goes under the skin.
    []A Nuclear Power plant ment to go inside of you.
    []A complex array of tools built into an artificial arm.
    []A system that would... what the hell something something quantum tunneling?!
    []A array ment to accelerate time around a person.
    []A system to replace all you non brain organs!

Well if nothing else your scribbles tell you that you are a tinker, and looking at all the diagrams you drew you imagine you do things to the body. Of course this means you no longer have to be bound by the education system!

[]Go Broke
    School is for fuck tarts with no cool powers, time to make yourself into something big!
    -[]Go to New York
    A big city the Big Apple is a perfect place for a new Tinker to find connections and rise to fame.
    -[]Boston
    You could fuck with the status quo the well balanced city needs a fucking kick.
    -[]Brockton
    A large number of capes means you have plenty to show your better then.

[]School
    Stay at Cornell for better or worse.
    -[]Stop Attending just Tinker
    -[]Keep Attending but Tinker on the side

[]Turn yourself into the Protectorate...
    You're a Tinker that's away to fund yourself.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  11. Aileron

[X]A array ment to accelerate time around a person.
    [X]Go Broke
    School is for fuck tarts with no cool powers, time to make yourself into something big!
    -[X]Brockton
    A large number of capes means you have plenty to show your better then.

I couldn't chose between time acceleration and the eyeball replacment. Took a bet with time acceleration hoping for a time related tinker. I haven't seen one of those yet.

By the way, you should trademark? your post.

12. Honorbound

Honorbound The False One

Threadmark

[X] School
    -[X] Keep Attending but Tinker on the side
    [X]A complex array of tools built into an artificial arm.

believe, remove the had, remove the and, papers, add the green comma, have to change the end of the sentence somehow(was the project leaking drool as well?), add marked commas, add marked period, Your mind then starts, as if, through your mind via hundreds of ideas, piece, later, illegible, add marked comma.

13. Dragoon

Dragoon Getting some practice in, huh?

[X]A chip that would massively increase your already stellar intelligence.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  14. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

[]A monoatomic blade a sheath that fits inside your forarm allowing you to hide it from anyone.
    I want to do that, but...

[x]A Nuclear Power plant meant to go inside of you.
    There's no way this can go wrong!

[x]Go For Broke
    -[x]Go to New York

That's right! Let's stick a nuclear power plant inside ourselves and move to New York City! Once there, we shall bite a young high schooler, imbuing him with the proportional strength and senses of a tinker. ...So not much better than normal.

After that, we shall proceed to become a super villain and cause problems for the Avengers!

15. marsolino

marsolino I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X]A system to replace all you non brain organs!

[X]School
    Stay at Cornell for better or worse.
    -[X]Keep Attending but Tinker on the side

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  16. Gaemnomut

Gaemnomut Well worn.

All those options sound fun, but these are my favourites:

[X]A Nuclear Power plant ment to go inside of you.
    Power! Unimited POWER!
    We need tools to build better tools...
    [X]A system that would... what the hell something something quantum tunneling?!
    Sounds like teleporting. Count me in!
    [X]A array ment to accelerate time around a person.
    Tinker mooaar!

[X]School
    Just for a while. I was tempted to go to the heroes, but I think Armsmaster might kidnap us and lock us into his basement until we have cybered him up to the point where he actually wins that duel against levi.
    Come to think of it, partnering with him seems like a great idea, the synergy is pretty nice, and I usually like the character when he isn't just written as a dick.
    Probably better to wait until we have established ourselves a little so he doesn't dismiss us when we go to see him.
    I hope Dragon doesn't boot up jealousy.exe though.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  17. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

We'll just implant Dragon into our brain and share headspace.

Ddmkm122 and PocketRikimaru like this.
  18. Threadmarks: Collage Life
    OneOfManyEyes

[X]School
    Tie
    [X]A array meant to accelerate time around a person.
    [X]A chip that would massively increase your already stellar intelligence.
    [x]A Nuclear Power plant meant to go inside of you.
    [X]A system to replace all you non brain organs!

Tinker Tie Special Event

Actually you don't have one whole set of complete blueprints but several blueprints that are half complete, their are designs for nodes that accelerate time, but your missing the instructions on how to use them in sync with one another, and the diagram to place it in a body is half covered up with the being of instructions to build a nuclear power-plant, that one is almost complete but the instructions on the radiation shielding is covered in a tea stain rendering the ink illegible. You have the designs for several state of the art tools, that look like they should go together, but you are missing the structure they attach to. You have all the instructions of the software for a brain implant but the implant itself is nowhere to be found. Finally you have several pages of instructions on how to create artificial organs, at first glance they seem complete but further looking shows that they use a synthetic tissue you can't find any instructions for.

Getting dressed you headed to class and stopped at the coffee shop for tea to keep you awake through the lecture. The Electromagnetic Theory Class just seamed to drag on forever you couldn't tell if it was your terrible professor, or the urge to tinker that makes it drag on so long. After the lecture ends and you are done with classes for the day you run back to your dorm and grab all your Tinkering blueprints. You go into one of the empty workshops and foldout all your papers. Grabbing out a new piece of paper for notes you start messing around with your designs the tools are the best place to start being basically a requirement to build any of the really cool stuff, so you start to come up with ideas on how to make them work, they seem to be designed to go onto and be controlled by a frame, but you don't have the designs for that. So instead you start to build the simplest tool design you have, a set of interchangeable screwdrivers and ratchets that fold-into each-other with a series of interconnecting gears, and servos. Several hours later and you find yourself hitting your head as you struggle over the control code, the tool is filled with many gears and servos, and any even a micro meter out of wack or a millisecond off and all the parts would hit themselves. It's late and the sun is going down by the time your happy with the results. Putting the tool into your bag you head back to your dorm.

Setting down your bag and getting changed you go to sleep. The next morning you throw on your cloths and head out to class, after another lecture you have about an hour before your second class of the day. So you head to your dorm to test your tool, opening up the door you find the red hair of you often never seen roommate, you thought she left school after she got addicted to one drug or another. The second thing that you notice is that your room is torn apart, your estranged roommate has a duffel filled with everything remotely valuable you own. "The fuck!" Your voice makes the girl jump at least two feet in the air and whip around, letting you see that she has your multi-screwdriver in her hands. Her eyes go wide as saucers when she sees you.

"I... uh... I need this, I am out of money and I really need my next hit. Please I will pay you back!" Ya no that's not going to happen. She doesn't seem to notice that the tool is tinker-tech so that's a bright side.

[]Punch her the fuck out.
    -[]Dump her outside
    -[]Call campus security
    -[]Call the Police

[]Call the Authorities
    -[]Campus Security
    -[]The Police

[]Try to Talk her down.
    -[]Get her to leave.
    -[]Get her to turn herself in.

[]Give her some money so she can get her next hit...
    Ya No not after she tried to fucking steal from you.

19. Kingreaper

Kingreaper Getting out there.

Are write-ins acceptable for this vote?

If so

[x]Punch her the fuck out.
    -[x]Keep her here, maybe get some drugs to shut her up, and use her as a test subject.

20. Gaemnomut

Gaemnomut Well worn.

It'll be the first threesome with only two bodies involved.

I liked your solution to the vote tie. XD

[X]Try to talk her down.
    -[X]Get her to turn herself in.

I'm thinking of going with this option. If we punch her out or call the cops she will probably be pretty pissed at us and still need the money for her next hit.
    She saw all our Tinker stuff and probably still has the keys to our appartment. What if she decides to rob us again when we are in class, or even worse, tells her dealer about this. Then we'll have an actual hardend criminal looking to exploit a tinker that hasn't had a chance to build any defences.
    Also, I'd like to turn the Bakuda is a psycho bitch stereotype on ist head :)
    Anybody got any reasons not to go this route?

Also, I liked the chapter but I would suggest breaking up your sentences some more. Some of them seem pretty longwinded.
    I noticed because I have the same problem. When I write I sometimes end up with sentences that go over three or more lines because I tend to elaborate far to much, put in long explanations, lots and lots of redundant adjectives or add increasingly unnecessary examples :)

That first sentence I quoted for example could be split into three parts, which would make it seem more structured and less stream of conciousness.
    Grabbing out a new piece of paper for notes you start messing around with your designs.
    The tools are the best place to start, being basically a requirement to build any of the really cool stuff, so you start to come up with ideas on how to make them work.
    They seem to be designed to go onto and be controlled by a frame, but you don't have the designs for that.

Other than that its good.

21. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

-[x]Dump her outside

Clearly we are the most caring of roommates.

I wonder if replacing all the organs in her body would render her incapable of becoming high?

22. OneOfManyEyes

Write-in are completely acceptable.

Thanks for the help, will update the chapter when I get to a computer.

As much as I want to forebodingly smile, I will give you a straight answer, depends on the drug, ones injected would be the least effected, and still be strong. Inhaled and injested ones need alot more to do anything.

Ddmkm122, silentshot and Gaemnomut like this.
  23. Aileron

-[x]Dump her outside

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  24. 012345

012345 Well worn.

-[x]Keep her here, maybe get some drugs to shut her up, and use her as a test subject.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  25. horus

horus Warmaster

-- [x]you could use a test subject.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  26. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

[jk] Fuck her the punch out.
    -[jk] You could use some stress relief.

27. Lockingbane

Lockingbane Just call me Jumbo Jumba

[X]Try to talk her down.
    -[X]Get her to turn herself in

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  28. Rider of Nod

Rider of Nod Peace. Through. Power.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  29. theqwopingone

theqwopingone Journeyman rationalist wannabe. Gone for Good

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  30. Minion #Q

Minion #Q Well worn.

[X]Try to talk her down.
    -[X]Get her to turn herself in.

Ddmkm122 likes this.