1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Font Change

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bugs' started by trooperist, Jul 10, 2017.

1. trooperist

trooperist Cinnamon Roll AI

For some reason today my default font when typing replies has suddenly changed to Andale Mono instead of the Arial it has been ever since I joined QQ.

While manageable, it is a bit of a pain to switch everything I write back to Arial.

2. Kinematics

Kinematics Well worn.

I'm seeing everything in Arial by default. (At least, if I turn off all my modifications that fix the font to something more legible.) I'm not seeing the editor retain previous font family settings, either, but I know I had to do a bunch of hoop-jumping to get the editor to remember my text paste setting preference.

There's probably something saving your preferences somewhere, and you just have to keep jumping through refreshes and forced saves to get it to stick.

3. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

...Huh. I had the exact same problem for my last two days. Except it was Arial Black instead that it switched to.

After some testing however, I found out it was absolutely Firefox's fault for me when it updated to 55.0, given it was all back to normal after reinstalling 54.0.1. The issue was not present on Chrome or IE either. So probably something in the update not mixing well with the code here since I don't have the issue on SV and SB. Did you have a browser update when it started to happen?

4. trooperist

trooperist Cinnamon Roll AI

I use Firefox for my browser so probably.

It's not really much of a problem since even if the text looks like it's written in a different font, it still defaults to the usual forum font.

5. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Well, it was still annoying enough for me to roll back. So you know what to do now if you want to resolve it.