1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Help sunandshadow decide what to play/GM

Discussion in 'PbP OOC' started by sunandshadow, Aug 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunandshadow

sunandshadow Impractical Fantasy Animal

I'm not sure whether I want to do a play-by-post or 'private quest' (as the player) or a quest (as the GM). So I want to know which of my roleplay ideas interests people most.

Option 1: I would love to be the player in a single-player quest-like game. Or anything that would fit into the Video Game Plot category over at fanfiction.net. https://www.fanfiction.net/community/The-Video-Game-Plot/105176/ Specifically I would like the game system to be one where I can take actions which directly raise stat or skill points. (e.g. do push-ups to increase strength) As far as settings, I like Re:Monster, Harry Potter, Naruto, One Piece, Final Fantasy 7, Star Wars, and various original settings. I don't like horror, tragedy, or female love interests. I'd be happy to trade GMing a game of this type for getting to be the player in one. If you are interested in GMing a game where I am the player, please respond with a description of the game! If you are interested i a specific fandom I haven't mentioned here, you can ask about that. This might be a good opportunity for someone who wants to do a test run of GMing a quest without having to deal with the chaos of voting and player discussion. Or if you like to write fanfiction, in exchange for getting the role as the main character I would certainly be willing to edit/beta read the chapters.

Option 2: I have an original setting Oometallon which is a sailing adventure story with nakama ship-mates that you can possibly get into romances with, hunting monsters, eating metal and crystals, clans with something like kekkei genkai, reiatsu aka killing intent, egg laying, and cannibal pirates. The 'catch' is that you are a hermaphrodite and so is everyone else, because the intelligent species in this setting is just like that. First vote would be whether you want me to use male pronouns or gender-neutral pronouns to refer to the characters. Is anyone actually very enthused about seeing a quest like this?

Other possibilities... I'd be interested in co-creating a roleplay with someone else, whether fan or original. Here are some examples of other original settings I've created:

1. A biofantasy setting where the main characters have magic related to monsters, plants, and shapeshifting (the freeform kind, not the werewolf kind).

2. A story where the viewpoint character is a non-human creature who bonds with a human partner. Specifically the viewpoint character might be a: shapeshifter, dragon, mecha, pooka, summoned familiar, or magical weapon-person like in Soul Eater or Bleach.

3. A gamified world which is completely digital/virtual that was created by aliens who wanted a place to live when they wanted to shed their physical bodies and upload their consciousnesses somewhere - the main character is the first human experimentally pulled into this world.

4. A low-tech alien planet where they have never heard of humans; the alien species has 3 sexes and common magicical abilities, on which most of their technology is based. In some variations of this setting one sex is common and another is rare, resulting in harem, arranged marriage, and inheritance dramas, like an alien fantasy version of Pride and Prejudice.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.