1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hereditas Daemonica [Shin Megami Tensei X DxD] (DEAD)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Alexander, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Least Devotee

Least Devotee Experienced.

And if she's lucky it's in a good way. >:D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  2. BlackWarth

BlackWarth Not too sore, are you?

To tell the truth Rias reaction seemed pretty strange to me. She never showed to be troubled by the death of her enemies and she showed the ability to be merciless to them.

3. Introspective Tinkerer

Introspective Tinkerer Searching for their Answer

I think it was the fact that Issei ripped his arm off. Also he wasn't really an enemy at this time.

4. BlackWarth

You must have a very strange definition of "enemy" if someone trying to kill you doesn't count as one.

5. Introspective Tinkerer

I was talking about Rias and her peerage considering there's a truce between the three sides. When it comes to Issei, Hitoshura gives no shits. He'll eat you even if it'll throw the balance out of whack. Also it really depends, in some demon circles trying to murder one another is a couple's foreplay.

Least Devotee likes this.
  6. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

This has less to do with Rias suddenly being unable to tolerate violence or reluctance to start a war with fallen angel and more about her perception of Issei. Thus far, she saw him as a kind, somewhat goofy and certainly perverted, but a nice and fairly upstanding young man. In other words, harmless. Then she witnessed him brutalize a fallen angel with nothing but bare hands and a stolen light spear and rip his limb off without hesitation before going for the other one. She saw him not as a trusting friend he had been thus far, but a bloodthirsty, raging would-be murderer who cared about nothing save brutally killing his opponent. And when she tried to stop him and talk some sense into him, his instinctive reaction was to PREPARE TO ATTACK HER, as if she was an enemy. And all things considered, that'd have been a fight to the death.

She saw Issei go from "typical teenager" to "remorseless murder machine" without any transition in between. That alone must have been quite the shock. And merciless she may be, I don't think Rias is one known for excessive cruelty. What Hyodo did was extremely excessive: he had his enemy on the ropes, he could have finished the fight then and there with a knockout strike (from her perspective, at least). Instead, he went for the "painful and agonizing death" route - slaughter the foe, rend his remains. With his bare hands. Honestly, this must have been like seeing that cute, harmless kid in your class suddenly going psycho killer on some shmuck on the street.

7. BlackWarth

I must be the only one that remember the scene where Akeno gleefully tortured a stray devil to the point she begged for death, all the while Rias calmly watched the scene and lectured Issei about the abilities granted by the Evil Pieces.

The torture was completely unnecessary but she had no problem with giving Akeno an outlet of her sadistic side, and using an execution to give a lecture seem extremely excessive to teach something that could be easily learned in a more normal setting.

8. touhou ranfuku

touhou ranfuku Versed in the lewd.

That stray devil ate human, I think zapping it a bit is not that much.

9. cross_grave

I admit, I am not that familiar with DxD canon, so maybe you're right. But on the other hand, that situation was "stray devil vs Akeno", a.k.a. someone who needs to die anyway vs someone whom Rias knows and trusts, despite being familiar with her inner sadist. This, on the other hand, was "fallen angel vs Issei", a.k.a. someone who can't be killed off without causing a shitstorm vs someone who has no reason to suddenly turn into a bloodthirsty lunatic lashing out at everyone around him. Personally, I'm willing to attribute her behaviour to the shock caused by the change in personality, as well as the fact she knew Ise for a short time and has no idea what he really is, like everyone else. The fact that he is capable of displaying such immense hostility and willing to inflict violence in cruel fashion at the drop of a hat, potentially making him a danger to everyone around, would be alarming to anyone.

10. Introspective Tinkerer

I think the problem is that the supposed "nice boy" just ripped a guy's arm off without hesitation and from behavioral cues was planning to repeat the performance.

11. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Sorry not an actual update, but I am considering it: honestly, dealing with the emotional fallout is hard.

No, today I would like your help: I am currently searching for a representation of the demon Bael (for the reasons you can image), but the Atlus one is old as SMT 1 and never updated. Plus I just don't like it.

So, if any one of you happen to have under hand something that works and would like to see in this fic, please send it to me ;)

12. touhou ranfuku

Well I think the design of Atlus is from the original of Ars Goetia, hence why the demon looks weird.

You want humanoid or demonoid?

13. Alexander

It's the same, though if I have both I can do a normal form and a battle form.

14. The Slumbering Crocodile

The Slumbering Crocodile Sleeping in the mud

Here's an idea for a battle form. As for humanoid form, maybe this one . . . ?

15. Bloodshifter

Bloodshifter The Bio-Armor Lover

Checks FFN for new stories goes to DxD section...
    https://m.fanfiction.net/s/10674495/1/Hereditas-Daemonica

Well I read a bit and its not an total copy.... still pretty funny that name.

16. cross_grave

Not a total copy, but a very close one.

17. Introspective Tinkerer

You guys do know that's Alex's profile?

18. Alexander

..Yep, that's my FFn profile ::)

19. cross_grave

Didn't know that.

20. Bloodshifter

Bloodshifter The Bio-Armor Lover

I feel stupid now. Lol well now I'm going to binge.

21. Alexander

Touhou suggested this for Bael and I like it. What do you think, enough SMT-ish?

[img width=439 height=600]http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/ninjagaiden/images/1/16/Vazdah_concept_art.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140112181303[/img]

22. cross_grave

Holy fuck, those horns.

The damn thing is hella bizzare... But I think it will do. Definitely has the looks of a proper demon.

23. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

hell yes that looks cool.

24. The Slumbering Crocodile

The Slumbering Crocodile Sleeping in the mud

Much better than my idea. Have you decided on his human form yet?

25. touhou ranfuku

Sorry, but please call me Ran or Ranfuku, I find it quite confuse due to "Touhou" is a series out there.

26. Alexander

Not yet.
    Alright.

----

Demonic Compendium (for fun and giggles)

Bael
    [img width=439 height=600]http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/ninjagaiden/images/1/16/Vazdah_concept_art.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140112181303[/img]

Clan: Tyrant (Maou)
    Alignment: Chaos

According to Goetia, Bael is the First Principal Spirit who rules as king of the East. He has command of over 66 legions of demons, who he speaks to with a hoarse voice. His appearance varies, although the most common is a three-headed apparition, with the heads being a cat, a man and a toad. He is able to make his conjurer invisible. According to the Grand Grimoire, he is a direct subordinate of Lucifuge.

Gremory
    [​IMG]

Clan: Fallen

Gremory is the 56th spirit of the Goetia. He is a strong and powerful Duke appearing in the form of a beautiful woman with a duchess' coronet tied about her middle riding on a great camel. His office is to tell of all things past, present, and future and of hidden treasure and where it lays. He can also procure the love of women, both young and old. He governs 26 legions.

Sitri
    [img width=600 height=303]http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080803011608/megamitensei/images/5/52/SytrySMT.jpg[/img]

Clan: Fallen

According to the writings in The Lesser Key of Solomon, Sytry is the twelfth spirit listed in the Goetia. He is a Great Prince of Hell with sixty legions of demons under his command. He is depicted as a humanoid with the head of a leopard and the wings of a griffin, but at the request of the conjurer can take the form of a very handsome man. He can force men and women to love one another and make them appear naked if the conjurer desires. He can also reveal the secrets of women, often mocking them.

Phenex
    [img width=475 height=600]http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs23/f/2009/238/a/4/Regis_Phoenix_by_pamansazz.jpg[/img]

Clan: Raptor

Phenex is a Great Marquis of Hell and has twenty legions of demons under his command. He teaches all wonderful sciences, is an excellent poet, and is very obedient to the conjurer. Phenex hopes to return to Heaven after 1,200 years, but he is deceived in this hope. He is depicted as a phoenix, which sings sweet notes with the voice of a child, but the conjurer must warn his companions (for he has not to be alone) not to hear them and ask him to put in human shape, which the demon supposedly does after a certain amount of time.

27. Alexander

Lucifer
    [img width=500 height=600]http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080926062523/megamitensei/images/9/9d/KazumaKaneko-Helel.jpg[/img]

[img width=600 height=479]http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080926062734/megamitensei/images/d/db/KazumaKaneko-Lucifer.jpg[/img]

Exclusive Clan: Devil (Daimaō, "Great Demon Lord")
    Alignment: Chaos (What else?)

Lucifer (Hebrew — הילל, Helel) is a prominent figure in the various Religions, with his most infamous act being rebelling against God and subsequently falling from grace. The name Lucifer is derived from earlier Latin proses and poetry; lux, lucis, "light", and fero, ferre, "to bear, bring", symbolizing his role as the "Morning Star" and the strongest Seraph, the highest ranked angel serving God prior his fall from grace.

The reason for Lucifer's rebellion differs from interpretation to interpretation, however, three most accepted reasons fall in a refusal to bow down to mankind upon its creation, disagreement about God's plan of salvation, or sinful pride in aspiring to overthrow his creator and become ruler of Heaven himself.

Curiously, while many interpretations depict Lucifer taking the name of Satan after his fall from grace, Lucifer and Satan are portrayed as two distinct characters.

Leviathan
    [img width=430 height=600]http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120515192900/powerlisting/images/c/c4/Leviathan_by_GENZOMAN.jpg[/img]

Clan: Drake
    Alignment: Neutral

Leviathan is a sea monster referred to in the Tanakh and the Bible. In demonology, Leviathan is one of the seven princes of Hell and its gatekeeper. The word "leviathan" has become synonymous with any large sea monster or creature. In modern literature (such as the novel Moby Dick) it refers to great whales, and in Modern Hebrew, it means simply "whale." According to Judaic lore, the Behemoth and Leviathan will do battle at the world's end, and kill each other, leaving their bodies to be feasted upon by the chosen peoples who survive.

Beelzebub
    [img width=585 height=600]http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090219082929/megamitensei/images/7/7c/KazumaKaneko-Beelzebub.jpg[/img]

Clan: Tyrant (Maou)

The Lord of the Flies, Beelzebub was originally a Philistine deity named Baal Zebub and was later explained to be one of the seven princes of Hell in Christian sources. He is also considered to be synonymous with Satan. In Judaism, he was a mockery of the religions surrounding them that worshipped Baal, and in Rabbinical texts the name ba'al zebul was a mockery of the religion of Baal. Some scholars believe the name ba'al zebul ("Lord of the Flies") was a way of referring to Baal as a pile of dung and his followers as flies.

Asmodeus
    [img width=325 height=600]http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121012225902/megamitensei/images/6/6d/Smtiv_Asmodeus.jpg[/img]

Clan: Tyrant

Asmodeus or Asmodai is a king of demons mostly known from the deuterocanonical Book of Tobit. The demon is also mentioned in some Talmudic legends, for instance, in the story of the construction of the Temple of Solomon. He was supposed by some Renaissance Christians to be the King of the Nine Hells. Asmodeus also is referred to as one of the seven princes of hell. In Binsfeld's classification of demons, each one of these princes represents one of the seven deadly sins (Pride, Lust, Envy, Sloth, Greed, Gluttony, and Wrath). Asmodeus is the demon of lust and is therefore responsible for twisting people's sexual desires. It is said that people who fall to Asmodeus' ways will be sentenced to an eternity in the second level of hell.

The 32nd spirit of the Goetia, he is a great king, strong and powerful. He appears with three heads, the first like a bull, the second like a man, and the third like a ram. He also appears with a serpent's tail, belching or breathing fire out of his mouth and his feet are webbed like a goose. He sits on an infernal dragon carrying a lance and flag in his hands. He is first and foremost under the power of Amaymon and when summoned the summoner must be standing with his cap off, for if it is on he will deceive them and reveal all of their doings to others. He teaches the art of arithmetic, geometry, astronomy, and other handicrafts. He also gives full and true answers to your commands and can render a man invisible, along with showing the place where treasures lie. He governs 72 legions of inferior spirits. - The Lesser Key of Solomon.

His form as an Angel is Asmodel, the Angel of April and Patience who rules the Zodiacal sign of Taurus.

28. Alexander

I'm not too sure about this start. What do you guys think?
    ----

(Chapter's Title pending)

"Fuck."

It's been a hour since the end of the fight with the Fallen Angel.

"Fuck."

All the time, I keep swearing every five minutes, my mind replaying that truly unsatisfying conclusion over and over. I pass by my house just to put down my bicycle. Without stopping I keep walking, just letting my feet bring me where they want.

"Fuck."

By coincidence or Fate- if it's the latter, Fate has a horrible sense of humor -I find myself in a park similar to the one where my date with Yuuma ended.

"Fuck."

At the thought of the bitch who toyed with my feelings and then tossed me away like an old sock I lean against a large and thick tree's trunk.

"What the fuck was that?!" I yell as I spin around and run through the trunk with my fist like a hot knife through butter.

I'm so angry it's difficult to think straight.

"We can't attack Fallen Angels, but it's okay when they do the opposite?!"

I dig my fingers into the wood, raised the tree in the air and slam it down on a bench. I raise it again and repeat the process.

"That damn crow wanted to kill me just for shits and giggles! I have all the right in the world to defend myself!"

Once there is nothing left of the bench to break I proceed to tear out chunks of concrete from the asphalt with my bare hands.

"But noooo, the little bimbo princess is worried about starting a war! Well I have hot news for you Gremory: I am not a Devil, you're not my master and I don't care a flying fuck about wars and whatnot! I can do whatever I want, and there isn't a single man, woman, Devil or God out there that can say otherwise! If I want to kill that shithead angel it isn't your goddamn...business..."

It's like someone turned a switch inside me. The moment I recall that winged private detective wannabe the full reality of the previous events hit me.

I fought a man with the intent to kill. I ripped off his limb. I was going to keep doing it until he die.

I...

"WHAT THE FUCK DID I DO?!?!?!"

29. overmind

overmind Ruler of the Swarm

Well, I like it. I just hope that you don't try and make Issei go all emo now. I quite like how he is all angry against the Fallen, and how he isn't listening to everything that Rias says.

I enjoy the fics where he has more independence than Canon.

30. Introspective Tinkerer

And now the guilt and fear sets in.