1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hereditas Daemonica [Shin Megami Tensei X DxD] (DEAD)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Alexander, Sep 5, 2014.

1. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

I like where this is headed! Nice to see he realizes it is messing with his mind

2. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Nobody is messing with his head, more like something.

There are two factors in play here:

-Issei's will is incredibly weak. The only thing he puts willpower into is his perversions, and even then he has so little restrains that he shamelessly shouts about breasts and harems in class. In this regard his new demonic instincts have pretty much free way. That is not to say Issei is a spineless coward, but that he is very different from how SMT protagonists usually are supposed to be.

-Magatsuhi. Just because nobody use it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Right now Issei is tapping into a well that had millennia to grow. Add that Magatsuhi is solidified strong- note the word -emotions and that for demons it's not just air, food and water, but also a drug, and you have an Issei who, since his transformation, has raw emotions flowing into his entire beings and is on a drug high that he has yet to get use to.

3. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Well, I can't be certain, but it sounds like you ripped off his arm, Issei.

Least Devotee likes this.
  4. Introspective Tinkerer

Introspective Tinkerer Searching for their Answer

You've got to hand it to him, he left us disarmed. *Badum tish*

5. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

I bet the next thing that happens is our mysterious watcher appearing before Issei to... Explain a few things to him. I mean, this setup just begs for such a scene.

That, or the obligatory freak-out. I mean, holy shit once he fully realizes what exactly he said and did... Like someone said it earlier, trauma for the whole family.

6. overmind

overmind Ruler of the Swarm

As I've said before, I hope he deals with this problem by himself instead of going to Rias for help.

7. Introspective Tinkerer

That all depends on the circumstances Issei finds himself in.

8. noahgab1133

given the new information I am afraid what's going to happen if events play out as canon if issei befriends asia and she dies or even just meeting raynare again

9. Alexander

Did I portrayed the despair well? Did I?
    ----

As I scream my knees give up and I collapse on the ground. I feel the unbearable urge to puke, but nothing comes out.

Not even a week ago I was a normal sixteen years old boy.

the red of blood

Average grades. Friends to hang out. Good parents. More than healthily desires for the female body. An enjoyable school life.

the white of bones

I finally got a girlfriend. Only to be killed by her at our first date. Everything stolen from me, just because she thought I have the potential to be a danger to her. Saved by an inhumane creature in exchange for my humanity.

the sound of ripping sinews

Not even a hour ago I almost killed a person. An intelligent, sentient being. I ripped off his arm with my bare hands as he looked at me with pain, terror and despair.

And I enjoyed every second of it.

I feel a pressure building behind my eyes but no tears come out. I roll on my back and scream. I pour out all my confusion, my fear, my guilt.

Unbidden a stray thoughts come to me: 'Would I feel the same if, instead of that man it was Yuuma?'

I scream even harder at the answer. I was Hyodo Issei, a normal sixteen years old highschool student.

Now I don't know anymore and I am scared shitless because of it.

I don't know how long I stay like this, but slowly the high pitched scream subsides into a small whine. Not a sob: no matter how much I try, my body refuse to let me cry.

This little detail scares me more than everything else that happened until now, because it means I can't trust myself anymore.

"Just what...what I am supposed...to do? What...should I do?"

[As a start? Stop whining like a little bitch and get your act together, you fucking brat.]

10. KaiserDrgn

KaiserDrgn (Verified Dragon)

Ah, Ddraig. Exactly what Issei needs now. An inhuman voice in his head that won't easily comprehend or accept petty human squeamishness or weakness.

11. noahgab1133

you did

the tears were delicious :p

12. Introspective Tinkerer

To be honest, Ddraig is okay with protecting the innocent and all that jazz. He just can't stand his container being a big crybaby.

13. noahgab1133

edit: massive lag

balance breaker and juggernaut drive are going to be horrifying!

14. Introspective Tinkerer

Double post. You might want to fix that. Also technically he didn't cry.

15. Alexander

The moment the voice I don't recognize spoke I roll over and stand up, hands clenching into fists. "W-Who's there?" Did someone see my outburst? Shit! The place looks like a bomb went off, how I am going to explain it if a cop, or worse, show up?

[No need to freak out. I'm right there.]

"Where? There's no one around me. Wait, don't tell me you are invisible! Are you a devil?"

[No to both questions. I'm inside you.]

I open my mouth, but nothing comes out. I close it and try again. "...This explains everything: I've become insane. That I'm hearing voices in my head is proof of it."

[Normally I would agree with that reasoning, but it's not the case here. I'm not a product of your delirious mind. I can speak to you like this because I'm the spirit inside your Sacred Gear.]

My Sacred Gear? Is this mysterious voice talking about Twice Critical? Now that I think about it, this deep voice with a faint rumble, I don’t recall ever hearing it before...But somehow I feel like I know it. Like its owner has always been close to me...

[That's right. I'm always been beside you. But it's not Twice Critical anymore. Summon your Sacred Gear, and behold the true form of your power!]

Something happened to my Gear? Now I'm curious. I call forth the gauntlet, triggering the transformation. The familiar rush of power soothes my still aching body. But then something unexpected happens. Green light begins to shine from my left arm, hiding it. It continues for a few seconds before disappearing, allowing me to see the gauntlet changed form: now it covers my entire forearm, my fingers encased in sharp-looking metal claws. It looks like the arm of a dragon. It's very cool.

"What is this?! Why is my Sacred Gear different? What happened to it?"

[You unlocked its true form, that' what happened. You are finally strong enough to use it. I guess the last fight did the trick. But you have a shitload of questions, right? I think it's best we meet face to face, so I can explain everything properly. ]

Yeah, answers would be fucking nice right now. I'm seeing just a tiny little problem. "But if you're inside my head, how are we supposed to meet? I meditate, emptying my mind, and access my inner world?"

[That would work, yeah.]

"Are you serious? Are you seriously telling me a method commonly found in anime works in real life?! Even if it's real you can't seriously expect me to pull it out at the first try! I'm not a superhero wannabe with no sense of self, you know?"

[I have no idea what you're talking about. But if you want an alternative...I suppose hitting your head with the green jewel on the gauntlet until you lose consciousness will work.]

"...Now you're just pulling my leg."

[Nope. It's very simple: the continued exposure to the energies emitted by the jewel, which act as a central node for the Gear, will create a link that, upon loss of cognitive functions, should ena-]

I don't understand a single word of what he's saying. "Okay, okay I will try." Not that I have an alternative.

I put my palm over one of the tree still standing, lean back my head...

And headbutt the jewel.

----

"Fucking hell...." I cradle my head, hissing at the massive headache wreaking my brain. "It hurts damnit!"

[I can't believe my eyes. You really did it.] The mysterious voice says with mirth, this time directly behind me.

"Yeah, I di-!" My eyes shot open at the meaning of his words settle in. Pain forgot I turn around, idly noting I'm in some sort of pitch-black void. "You fucking bastard! I knew you were ly-Uwaah!"

I fall on my butt in complete shock.

Of course. Anyone would be shocked if a gigantic monster appears right in front of them.

It has big green eyes. Inside the jaw that comes up to its ears, lots of sharp fangs are growing out. There is a thick horn lining up on its forehead, and the scales that covers its body are red like magma. Its thick arms and legs rival a gigantic tree in size. The claws look very sharp and terrifying. Finally, the pair of wings that are spread to the sides makes this giant monster look even bigger.

In front of me there is...a gigantic monster...and out of all the things I know, the thing that resembles it the most is a——.

——Dragon. There's a real Dragon standing in front of me!

The Dragon lifts its mouth up a bit.

[It's nice to finally meet you face to face. I was waiting to finally introduce myself to my partner who I will be fighting along with from now on. My name is Ddraig, the Welsh Dragon and Heavenly Dragon. Nice to meet you, partner.]

16. Introspective Tinkerer

17. cross_grave

Oh man, can you people imagine the panic we'd inspire in Rias and her cohorts if they learned that Issei has Boosted Gear right now? While the memory of Ise the berserker is still fresh?

It'd be an incredibly cruel and absolutely hilarious thing to happen.

Least Devotee and Mizuki_Stone like this.
  18. Introspective Tinkerer

One: Not a quest

Two: Would be pointless cruelty for the sake of cruelty.

Least Devotee and Deathwings like this.
  19. cross_grave

Haaah... Seriously? It's a bloody slip of the tongue, not that out of place considering this forum is mostly about quests, do I have to get a reminder every single bloody time? I know you might have good intentions, but from my point of view it's like you imply I don't have the mental capacity to tell the difference between a quest and a story. I'm not a child.

Sorry for the rant, I won't repeat it or continue the topic here.

VitaRacoon likes this.
  20. Alexander

Now now Intro, cross did nothing wrong. I even fail to locate anything in his posts that suggest he's treating this as a quest.
    ----

The Dragon- Ddraig introduces himself.

I don't know how to react. Can anyone blame me? It's not everyday stuff that a honest-to-god dragon appear in your mind an say he's going to be your partner. That's the stuff of dreams and delusions from eighth grade syndrome.

I raise a shaky finger at it. "Why the hell there's a Dragon inside my head?! Wait, don't tell you're a representation of my soul that, now I learned your name, will teach me to use Shikai?"

[Like I said I have no idea what's you're talking about.] Ddraig rolls his eyes. [I told you, I am the spirit sealed inside your Sacred Gear. Some Sacred Gears house the spirits of powerful creatures inside them, yours is one of them: it's name is Boosted Gear, the Red Dragon Emperor's Gauntlet, one of the Thirteen Longinus.]

Aww, no Shinigami pow-Wait a moment, what the hell I am doing? Focus my easily distracted self, focus! "Boosted Gear? Sempai said it's name is Twice Critical. And what does 'Longinus' mean?"

[Twice Critical is the initial stage Boosted Gear assumes until the user is strong enough to unlock the real form. Those Devils told you about Sacred Gears in general. What they failed to mentioned is that among them there are thirteen unique Sacred Gears that, once mastered, have the power to kill Gods: I mean beings like the God from the Bible and the Gods from mythologies like the Greek and Japanese ones. All of them can be killed with a Longinus. Boosted Gear, your Sacred Gear, is one of said thirteen Longinus.]

"Wait what!?" I stop him with a raised hand. "Killing Gods? No matter how you spin it, it's too unbelievable!"

[Figures you would say something like that.] Ddraig scoffs in amusement. [I got the same reaction many times. But it's true and there is no deny it. All Longinus have abilities bordering on miracles. Boosted Gear for example has, like the standard Twice Critical, the ability to double the user's power. The difference is that it keeps doing it every ten seconds. So, saying, if you have power equal to 1 and you're facing someone with power equal to 100, all you would have to do to win is waiting one minute and ten seconds to reach power equal to 128 and then defeat your foe.]

Are you serious, Dragon-san? I can defeat God!?

I look at my left hand. There is a mark of a Red Dragon carved into my gauntlet. Maybe it's the light, but now it looks more like a real dragon arm than just a gauntlet shaped like one, the glowing tattoos giving off the impression of veins.

What a powerful Sacred Gear...that is, if Dragon-san is telling the truth.

[That look right now, you're doubting my words.] Ddraig just grins in amusement, not the least offended. [If you want proof just use it in the next battle. You will see. Just remember that each boost consume your Stamina, and that there's only so much power your body can hold at any given time. Nothing that training can't overcome however.]

An annoying drawback, but I suppose such a powerful ability is bound to have a glaring weakness. I suppose it also prove Yuuma didn't make a gigantic blunder as I thought.

"So..." I scratch the back of my head, unsure how to approach the subject. "Ddraig-san. Why are you...sealed inside Boosted Gear?"

[Just Ddraig is fine. You see partner, once I was one of the strongest dragons in the world. I defeated a lot of other dragons that were older and more experienced that me, earning the title of Sekiryuutei (Red Dragon Emperor). As the Boosted Gear's bearer, the same title is applied to you.]

Sekiryuutei? Is this perverted Hyodo really worthy of such a cool sounding name. "Were you really so strong?"

[Of course.] He says with pride. [The Heavenly Dragon has power on par with the God from the Bible. Even all four Maou combined couldn't even put a scratch on my scales.]

"Then why are you here now?"

[Ah. Yeah, that. Well you see there was this other dragon, who claimed he was my equal but in reality he wish he's as cool as me. He was stubborn as a rock, so we fought to see who was stronger. Which is me of course.]

I smell bullshit. And I don't mean the brown matter that come out of bovines. "Uh uh. So you won?"

[Nnnnn...ot. I was about to, but during our scuffle we ended crashing into a battlefield where the Three Factions were fighting. It was still the times of the Great War. So God and the Maou came to us, yelling to stop because we were disturbing their fight.]

"Which you did. Right?"

[Nope. With a cry of 'What right do you have to meddle in the affairs of Dragons?' we attacked them. And we were even winning, but then the rest of their armies came and started to work together and...well, me and the other dragon were killed and our souls sealed into Sacred Gear.]

I facepalm. With my right hand. "You. Are. An idiot."

[I'm not an idiot! I was just...a little bit..cocky?]

"Really? So nowadays challenging, alone, the combined might of the Three Factions of Christianity, the religion with more followers in all the world, is called 'being cocky' instead of 'reckless suicide'? You learn something new every day."

[Har har. Very funny partner.] The red dragon deadpans. [But I suppose it's still better that you being all emo.]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  21. cross_grave

Pretty sure it's drawback, not backdraw. The latter seems to be a sports term, the former means "weak point".

Also, Ise and Ddraig are going to get along swimmingly, which may or may not be a good thing depending on who you ask and how much damage they're going to cause in the future.

22. Alexander

Alright, I wanted to update again today but I'm tired. So tomorrow.

Is there something in particular you want to see? I'm open to suggestions.

23. noahgab1133

Ddraigs reaction to issei not being human anymore and the worm.

24. Alexander

Emo? What do he mean with- oh.

How could I have forgotten?

Ddraig's expression hardens. [No. Don't you dare start again. I can accept you being a brat, but I will not have a whining brat as a host. Are your balls only good for masturbation?]

"Ohi!" I snap back, not in the mood for being belittled. "Excuse me? Traumatized guy here! Try to have a little tact!"

Yeah, tact: with how big he is I'll bet he uses redwood trees as toothpicks.

[Traumatized? Traumatized for what? It's not as if you killed that Fallen Angel: you just roughed him up.]

"I RIPPED OFF HIS FRIKKING ARM!"

[And? Never played with your food before?]

I gape at him.

[Oh right, you humans eat your meat dead right? Not that I don't appreciate cooked meat myself, but-]

I can't believe I am having this conversation. "That was a person, not food!"

He shrugs. [Same thing to me.]

"WHAT!?"

[Did you thought I was a vegetarian or something equally ludicrous? Okay there are Dragon Apples, but it was not nearly enough. My superior body required a lot of energy: usually I defaulted to cattle, but every now and then some hero wannabe tried to take on me and-]

"Stop!" I cover my ears. "Stop stop stop! I don't want to hear! You're a dragon, I'm not. So when I go all psycho and almost beat someone to death, it is a big deal!"

Ddraig lowers his head until his snout is almost touching my chest. His big, green eyes are boring into mine. [Wasn't he going to do the same to you? That makes retaliating perfectly justified.]

I hesitate. "But...it's not as I died..."

He scoffs. [Of course, or we wouldn't have this conversation otherwise. But believe me, he was going to. You heard him, he thought you were a Devil. And he was going to use his Light powers to kill you. Do you know what happen to Devils killed by Light?]

I shake my head.

[Their souls are annihilated partner. After death humans to go Heaven, Hell or Purgatory and supernatural beings reincarnate, but the Light of Angels and Fallen Angels can shatter the souls of Devils, reducing them to nothingness. Nothing remains, not even memories. It's a fate worse than death, and he was going to subject you to it simply because he thought he could get away with it.]

I fell my blood freeze at Ddraig's words. Never mind the fact you aren't a Devil so, maybe, it would not have worked, but if it was someone else of the club in your place, like Kiba...or Koneko-chan...

Cold dread is instantly replaced with hot fury. "That-That bastard! What kind of cold-hearted monster would do something like that to someone they don't even know?!" The same kind that toy with the honest feelings of others for their own sick amusement. "Fucking Angels!"

[That's Heaven and their fallen members for you.] Ddraig rolls to one side and scratches his neck with one claw. [Never saw any of them act on that 'infinite compassion' their human followers like to preach so much. And let's not talk about their God. You know he hates dragons? He hates them so much he kept killing members of my race and stuffing their souls inside Sacred Gears.] The dragon's voice turns bitter. [Twice Critical? It has a dragon's soul inside. And it's a common gear.]

"...This suck."

[Welcome to reality.]

I sit down on the floor- if there is one -and wrap my arms around my legs, resting my chin on my knees. This...all of this, is so hard to swallow. Why did sempai never told me about it?

What else is she not telling me?

I dismiss that thought almost immediately and focus on something else. "I don't feel so guilty anymore." If anything sempai should have let me finish. "But it doesn't change the fact I wasn't myself during the fight."

All that rage and killing intent, that lack of hesitation...It's like I became someone else not just physically, but also mentally. And it scares me. I want- no I need answers. "Ne, Ddraig? Do you know what I am?"

[No. Not even I saw everything in this world. I would suggest you to ask it, but I doubt it can answer you.]

"It?"

[That.] Ddraig points in the distance. I follow the line of his claw and-

Since when it was there?

No....the real question is: how could I missed it until now?

Because, floating aimlessly in the pitck-black darkness, glowing with an eerie crimson aura...

Is the same monstrous worm that started everything.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  25. noahgab1133

oh boy this is gonna be fun in the traumatic sense of the word

26. Alexander

More updates will come tomorrow. In the meantime, if any of you want to post fanwork/fanart they are welcome: I will reward those with some cookies, like the chance to have a certain demon of choice to appear.

27. overmind

overmind Ruler of the Swarm

Not that I'm complaining about you updating this (I like this story, I really do), but you are still going to continue your quests, right?

28. Indra

Indra Know what you're doing yet?

This is after the Demon path or Freedom?

29. Alexander

Yes, yes I will: it's just those days unlucky things happened. Don't ask.
    Freedom.

30. Alexander

"AAAAHHH!"

I jump on my feet and point at the worm, which is half the size of Ddraig.

"THAT! WHAT? HERE? WHY?!"

[It's been there since it fused to you.] Ddraig anwers your jumbled questions, standing straight. [This is your soul partner, so it's probably a spiritual representation.]

It's true. If I focus I can feel the thing's presence inside me. I do it, and this time I receive two identical responses: one from inside me, and the other from the thing in front of me.

Seeing it again for the first time brings back bad memories-

painpainpainpainpainpainpainpain

-That I quickly suppress. No, not now. Never.

"Ddraig." I ask the dragon as I stare at what, like the shopkeeper said, gave me power in exchange of something of equal value...my humanity. "What...is that?"

[No idea. In execution alone, it's very similar to the Evil Pieces Devils use. Hell, beside some glaring differences like the lack of Light weakness your new body is very similar to a Devil. Only, better.]

A sudden inspiration hits me. I start running towards the worm. I am halfway there when its imagine fizzle out like static on an old TV, and it reappears further away.

Clenching my teeth I keep chasing after it, but no matter what I do it keeps eluding me. Ddraig just stands there, watching with bored interest.

After half a hour of fruitless efforts I can't keep it down anymore. "Why?!" I spat. "Why did you change me? It's your fault I have all those contradicting urges! What are you? Answer me!"

[It cannot answer you. Right now it's in a position similar to me and Boosted Gear, an addition to your soul that extend to your physical body, but while it's undeniably alive it has no intelligent. It's more like a parasite.]

"...A parasite." I mouth with growing horror. "I have an infestation in my fucking soul. I'm going to be sick."

[I recall you trying, and failing.]

"Fuck that Ddraig." I pull out my tongue in an expression of pure disgust. "You're cool, but that is just gross. Can't I just remove or destroy it?"

[As it is, connected so deeply to your soul? I don't recommend it partner. It would be like removing a Sacred Gear from a person that is still alive. At best you die, at worst you do irreparable damage to your own soul. I suggest you find out more about it before attempting anything too drastic.]

But! But! My dream of forming a harem! How I am supposed to gather a Peerage of cute girls if I can't become a Devil?!

[Aah, don't be so down partner. It's not that bad. Look, a trick.]

Ddraig raises two claws and forms a ball of green energy. He tosses it to the worm. Surprisingly enough it manages to reach the thing, where it breaks into smoke and it's absorbed into the elongated body.

The worm twitches and twirls before releasing flowing red strands of energy. They flow in the air to Ddraig, who inhale them.

[Aaah! Yes, that's the stuff. While experimenting I discovered that if I feed it some of my own energy it gives it back in a different form, and let me tell you this stuff, whatever it is, tastes great. Here, try it.]

He repeats the process, directing it to me. Curious I extend my arm.

"Wow!"

The moment I touch and absorb it I feel a pleasant tingle running down on my spine. I also feel good, just like the times I peep at the Kendo Club's female changing room. What is this feeling?

[See? Like a mix of good vine and adrenaline, only better.]

"...Is it safe?"

[We're still alive, aren't we?]

"Oookay, if you say so." I massage my temples. "God, this night was the worst. Can I go? I want to rest I my room, without having to worry about angels, Longinus and strange worm-things."

[Sure. Now that we're connected I can just talk directly in your head from now on. To leave you just have to will yourself to wake up in the real world.]

"That simple? Okay." I close my eyes and wish with all my heart to wake up in the real world.

After a minute or two I open my eyes, and find myself back in the park.

"Uh. I guess Ddraig do know what he is doing."

----

Ddraig watches his most recent host leave the spiritual landscape with a mx of concern and resolution. [Hang in there kid. Things are going to get more difficult as time go on, but remember you're not alone.]

He tilts his head left and right before feeding another ball of energy to the worm and absorbing the red strands it releases, savoring the pleasant feeling it provides.

[Kukukuku.]

The Welsh Dragon giggles.

[I think I'm going to enjoy my new host.]

----

Character Stat Sheet (Sort Version)

Name: Hyodo Issei
    Clan: Fiend
    Magatama: Marogareh
    Lv: 3
    Equipment: Sacred Gear Longinus-Class "Boosted Gear".

----

End of chapter 4